Page 105 of 408 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

What characters from past games does everyone want to see make a reappearance? I think that seeing Wally again would be cool, seeing him go from a sick kid to a powerful trainer. Although that wouldn't work very well timeline-wise if the do remake R/S.
    Nuzlocke Ruby Run: 6 Badges, Heading To Lilycove City
    Team: Deaths:

My Team for the Ruby Remake:

Quote Originally Posted by S/D/J View Post
    What characters from past games does everyone want to see make a reappearance? I think that seeing Wally again would be cool, seeing him go from a sick kid to a powerful trainer. Although that wouldn't work very well timeline-wise if the do remake R/S.
    N FOREVER.
    And given that Cynthia's still making cameos, it wouldn't be surprising.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Maybe misty? Could be a water type elite 4 and completed her dream of becoming the strongest water trainer?

On a side note, I really hope they don't make your rival look more badass than you again. I would have much rather been the black 2/white 2 rival (Hugh?) than the main male character with his extremely dodgy hair. I actually thought it was two girls when I started the game.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Cynthia again. Mostly because she makes the story very interesting bases on how fascinated she is with legendary pokemon.

Well aside from N and maybe Looker, I don't think we'll see any old characters. I'm more interested in the new characters and what they'll look like anyway, especially the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. But I wouldn't mind seeing Marlon or Elesa in the new region if only because they're some of my favorite characters (although I realize that the chances of them coming back are slim to none haha).

Nobody. I prefer they just make new characters. I hope nobody from the old games comes back as a E4, Gym Leader, or even Champion. All the old Gym Leaders appeared in BW2's world tournament. I hope that was there last big thing. But if I had to pick someone, Prof. Oak. Only because he's the leading authority on Pokemon. I hope Cynthia and N especially do not appear.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I don't want any old characters to play a major role, but a cameo postgame for a few characters would be nice, and it would be cool to see their characters in 3D. I think that N will porbably reappear, as he is a fan favorite to many. I personally don't like him.

Maybe your black1 trainer? just so i know wth happened to him? Nah never mind.

I'd like to see Clair again, albeit more mature and experienced than she was in Johto. Just to see that she grew up a bit. No major role though, maybe something like how Jasmine was in Sinnoh

Red all day !

Wally and Barry all the way. It wouldn't work quite well with timelines... But... Hugh? :P

I actually really want to see Cyrus again, just for the sake of it being him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dren View Post
    Maybe your black1 trainer? just so i know wth happened to him? Nah never mind.

I'd like to see Clair again, albeit more mature and experienced than she was in Johto. Just to see that she grew up a bit. No major role though, maybe something like how Jasmine was in Sinnoh
    That would be cool to see the black 1 trainer as he is off in a distant region looking for N he could be like red was in hg/ss

It would be hard to show the trainer from BW because how would you determine if it was Hilbert or Hilda. In the original games Red was the only option as a player character.

It would be hard to show the trainer from BW because how would you determine if it was Hilbert or Hilda. In the original games Red was the only option as a player character.
    The one that will show up could be based on which gender you chose at the beginning, or they could be version exclusive.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Or they could do another Memory Link thing

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I will be very disappointed if there is no Hoenn remake but there is a Pokemon B/W 3.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    I will be very disappointed if there is no Hoenn remake but there is a Pokemon B/W 3.
    This is not the right time nor the right place to discuss this.

Hmm... I kinda want to see all the characters from Gen 1 in 3D.

I just love the nostalgic feeling I get when they pop up in games.

If I had to make old characters appear it would be very minor, like Jasmine in Sinnoh minor. That cameo was fine because of how small it was. I also wouldn't select overexposed characters like Cynthia, N, Blue, Red, Misty, or whatever. I'd used really minor characters like Jasmine such as Bugsy, Erika, Brawly, Roark, for the first 3D cameos. Why? Because they are underexposed and I'd rather see them get glory in 3D first before the likes of Cynthia...wow, I really don't like Cynthia. I wouldn't even have them battle. You want them to battle? Buy the 3D remakes of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, you just know the Pokemon company is going to want to make for more money.

But yeah, if I had to bring in old characters for a cameo it would be underexposed characters and it would be in Jasmine roles like in Sinnoh.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Red definitely. The final trainer with all Lvl 100s. I want to fight him one on one again with my team of choice with no conditions like in the PWT.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

I would love for Clair to return as a opponent or just a cameo. It would be really cool to see her. Maybe like Jasmin in D/P/PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Buy the 3D remakes of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, you just know the Pokemon company is going to want to make for more money.
    haha its funny i was thinking the other day I bet they do something like this (which wouldnt bother me as id get to see my fave regions in 3D but its still all money grabbing lol)

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    In a way, I think character customization is a good idea. But in a way, I don't.

Pokemon is a roleplaying game. You're supposed to play as somebody else, not as yourself, although (being a big fan of the Sims) I do really love to customize characters. I'm just not sure that Pokemon is the right game to do that on, at least not for the story games. We've always played as somebody else, regardless of whether we give them our names or not - Red, Gold, Brendon, May, etc. I don't think it's a good idea to take away that kind of identification for the main character of the game. Do you get what I mean?

Now, for wifi, that's a whole different thing. I think it would be a good idea to have customization exclusively for wifi battles. Just not for the game.

Like confuser987 said, this game isn't about the humans. It's about the adventure, the Pokemon, whatever problems you're having to solve. It's not about having a cute human character.
    I haven't been so pumped up before for a game feature I wanted in a game, so please bare with me:

See, here's the thing. Pokemon has always been one thing: Immersive. Why do we love the walking pokemon function? Because it is an immersive feature. While we have always played premade characters in the main games, one very good reason why is because sprite customization ITSELF is a difficult as heck concept, compared to 3d model customization, which is easier. To those of you who have noticed it already, yes, Red is the Canon Champion of the Kanto games in Gen2, it's remakes, and Gen5, but only because there was no female option to choose in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow originally, until it's remakes FireRed and LeafGreen in Gen 3 introduced Leaf, the Female Counterpart of Red.

But the remakes of Gen2 kept Red at the end inside Mt Silver, instead of having Leaf or maybe some way to determine which of the two to show up, is due to the original Gen2 having Red SPECIFICALLY becoming the champion. Plus we have no idea if remade gens are the new canon or not yet. All the other main characters hasn't been made as much as a peep outside of their games(except Cynthia mentioning the "trainer" that defeated Giritina, which only described Platinum being the Canon instead of D/P, but didn't specify gender). Heck, there is no true canon team. Red is only the exception because all of his pokemon were specifically gettable in the R/B/G/Y games. (Starters are all gifted by oak at the beginning, and uses all 3 so there isn't a way to tell his canon starter, Pikachu is the starter in yellow plus the Pokemon Mascot, Lapris and Espeon(as an Eevee) were gifts, and snorlax is one of the only true canon-able wild fights) All the other games, you can have any team you want, because there was no true canon team for each character.

What I am trying to say is Yes, we all follow the same exact story lines. And yes, it is an RPG, meaning we role play. But why would people deny customization on it due to us role playing? (I hate comparing games, but this is my only way to getting my point across). Dragon Quest is an RPG series, with 1-8 being RPGs and no customization. But in 9, we had customization, which was the first game to do that, but everyone accepted it no problem. Dragon's Dogma(along with it's remake) are also RPGs, but we had customization and nobody complained. Fire Emblem is also an RPG series, but no one complained about the customization there either when the newest game introduced it. Just because we are role playing in a game, does not mean that we can't customize the character to feel immersive. Plus, if we can decide which pokemon we wanna use, why not decide how the character should look too? The games are an adventure, but customization allows us to feel more immersive, allowing us to have a better feeling of us having an adventure there. (And don't you people tell me to play a dress up fashion game if I wanna customize my character. If DQ9 and FE:A, which both have had a history of non customizable main characters, can transition to customization, I think Pokemon can add a few shirts, pants, and facial appearances, and still keep the Pokemon feeling we all know and love).

Why I believe that people are nagging about customization in Pokemon X and Y(via Main Series) is basically the same reason as the pokemon sprites turning into models. It's different from what we are use to, which is perfectly fine. However, there is a difference of the two. We are no longer having sprites. Don't like it? Sorry, but GF pretty much set the models into place. However, if we DO get customization, then if you don't agree with it, Just don't use it. Then people who like it will have it their way, and people who don't like it can just use the premade character that is set up.

Now, I ain't saying that I ain't gonna get X and Y if there isn't any customization. (Technically, it hasn't been announced. But then again, 3D models are easier to work it, plus they are working with the Company that has done customization for one of their side wii games). I'm still getting the game, regardless of it. Already prepayed for the game LONG before Sylveon/Newtwo was introduced, and before this whole customizable trainer speculation.

((I don't believe I have broke any forum rules with this, but if this post did break anything, please let me know and I'll fix it asap))
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Way to many to list!

But I would like to see Lenora or Jasmine again most of all.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    However, if we DO get customization, then if you don't agree with it, Just don't use it. Then people who like it will have it their way, and people who don't like it can just use the premade character that is set up.
    This.

I don't really get why some people complain or deny the possibility. I really see no problem with it.
    With customization implemented or not, the series will always consider the original character designs as canon.

Agreed with both. I can't see why ANYONE would complain at the prospect of having customisable characters.
    It gives you more freedom, creativitiy, that sense of being your own. Why wouldn't you want it?
    The argument of Pokemon being RPG and you playing a different character that isn't yourself is stupid.
    Going by that logic Gamefreak should remove the option of changing your name.
    And as Chris said; if you don't agree with it, Just don't use it. Simple as that.
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Page 105 of 408 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast