Page 109 of 408 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

  1. #2701
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Etro's Throne
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    ???

    What about it? Yea it would be neat to have...but I guess I don't see your point.
    i wanted to see what people thought on it. Personally i think dual type gym leaders will add more of a challenge and the gym concepts would be interesting too.

  2. #2702
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hall of Origin
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    i wanted to see what people thought on it. Personally i think dual type gym leaders will add more of a challenge and the gym concepts would be interesting too.
    Somebody is a Lightning fan :P Anyway, yes I totally agree with you that dual type gyms would make for a tougher and of course a more interesting challenge.

  3. #2703
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Somebody is a Lightning fan :P Anyway, yes I totally agree with you that dual type gyms would make for a tougher and of course a more interesting challenge.
    The thing is, it'd barely leave anything for the E4 to work with. Unless E4 becomes based on something else (Stats, colours, TMs,) or three new types come out (please don't start an argument!), I think that Dual leaders would only be one or two of the overall gyms.

  4. #2704
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Faraway Island
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    The thing is, it'd barely leave anything for the E4 to work with. Unless E4 becomes based on something else (Stats, colours, TMs,) or three new types come out (please don't start an argument!), I think that Dual leaders would only be one or two of the overall gyms.
    Well, as both Elite Four of the Indigo Plateau had a lot of practically dual type trainers. I can see that coming into play again, but I would enjoy a gym more, as I'm a puzzle fan. I think it would be awesome to have the most unique collection of Gym Leaders with dual types, stats, colors, and even body type based teams. Lucy was probably the only one to implement body type for a theme. Well, at least until Shuckle. I don't know why GF decided to put it in her team. But in fairness, even now there aren't that many of the worm/snake shape. Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

  5. #2705
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,382

    Default

    I hope the Professor this time around is interesting. I wasn't crazy about the last one, even if she was our first female professor, she just feels kinda forgettable to me. Maybe it was my lack of playing my White version after completing it that helped me feel that way but, meh. I hope the Professor is actually working for the villain team and they give you a Pokemon just so you can join their ranks. Something different then the usual Professor junk.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  6. #2706
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    I will love if for the evil organization to be based on the illuminati, you go around Poke-france decoding some conspiracy...all in which lead to the observatory (Pic du Midi de Bigorre), in which we learn that dimension are crossing all caused by a huge planet that bends both dimension Planet Z....to much for pokemon!!!

  7. #2707
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Ha, can you imagine the conspiracy theorists going mental is the Illuminati appeared in a children's game?
    They have heart attack if Beyoncé flicks her hands in a dance routine
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team


  8. #2708
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Well, as both Elite Four of the Indigo Plateau had a lot of practically dual type trainers. I can see that coming into play again, but I would enjoy a gym more, as I'm a puzzle fan. I think it would be awesome to have the most unique collection of Gym Leaders with dual types, stats, colors, and even body type based teams. Lucy was probably the only one to implement body type for a theme. Well, at least until Shuckle. I don't know why GF decided to put it in her team. But in fairness, even now there aren't that many of the worm/snake shape. Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it.
    Well, Shuckle may be serpentine inside its shell, and all its tentacles are its coils or come of its body.

    Anyway, I'd like the professor to be your mum or dad or something. But not related to your rival. That's been done twice. Unless your rival is related to you. That'd be a nice change.

    Perhaps your rival is your cousin, and your or his/her brother/sister is Champion?

  9. #2709
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,382

    Default

    I'm surprised there haven't been any ninja based evil teams in Pokemon yet. But maybe ninjas are so obvious that they won't do them right away. I mean they've had mafia gangsters, pirates, spacemen with goofy haircuts, knights with "noble" Pokemon quest, but no ninjas. Shocking. That's not to say I want ninjas as the next evil team, only that I'm surprised one hasn't happened yet. If XY is really a genetic theme then we'll probably have the science nerd evil teams. Because the ones that work for Team Rocket, Galactic, and such aren't enough XD

    If the Professor isn't evil then I would be cool if he was your uncle or something. I don't want to flat out make him/her your parent, but I wouldn't be against the idea either since we've never had it done, it just makes your character look bias like Blue/Gary and Brendan/May did, when Prof. Oak and Prof. Birch were concerned. They had to give them Pokemon because they were blood relatives, but they give you Pokemon because they know your character is special XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  10. #2710
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'm surprised there haven't been any ninja based evil teams in Pokemon yet. But maybe ninjas are so obvious that they won't do them right away. I mean they've had mafia gangsters, pirates, spacemen with goofy haircuts, knights with "noble" Pokemon quest, but no ninjas. Shocking. That's not to say I want ninjas as the next evil team, only that I'm surprised one hasn't happened yet. If XY is really a genetic theme then we'll probably have the science nerd evil teams. Because the ones that work for Team Rocket, Galactic, and such aren't enough XD

    If the Professor isn't evil then I would be cool if he was your uncle or something. I don't want to flat out make him/her your parent, but I wouldn't be against the idea either since we've never had it done, it just makes your character look bias like Blue/Gary and Brendan/May did, when Prof. Oak and Prof. Birch were concerned. They had to give them Pokemon because they were blood relatives, but they give you Pokemon because they know your character is special XD
    Meh, shadow triad kinda touched on this?

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  11. #2711
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Meh, shadow triad kinda touched on this?
    Oh, that's right. I keep forgetting about their existence XD they are like ninja's aren't they?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  12. #2712
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Yup, but it would be nice to have a whole evil team based on ninjas!
    And judging by what we've had so far, as you said, it's far from impossible

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  13. #2713
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    810

    Default

    I'd like it if the Professor wasn't related to the main character. He/She could find out that you have a way with Pokémon and that is why he gives you a pokemon.

  14. #2714
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Faraway Island
    Posts
    137

    Default

    I sort of expect the Professor of the regions to deal with genetics. It makes sense with the games being X and Y. But I don't know if there is a way to diverse it from what Rowan and Juniper already do. Instead, I rather the Professor focused on the attacks and/or stats of pokemon. Studying what powers a pokemon and how each pokemon unleashes each attack differently from other pokemon, and how they use these powers in order to survive and thrive in the world of pokemon. Seems kind of odd that we haven't had a professor studying these biological features in pokemon, as they are one of the biggest reasons for pokemon's popularity. Not that the others aren't as important, just that this is sort of important too, you know? Anyways, those are just my thoughts.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

  15. #2715
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    I sort of expect the Professor of the regions to deal with genetics. It makes sense with the games being X and Y. But I don't know if there is a way to diverse it from what Rowan and Juniper already do. Instead, I rather the Professor focused on the attacks and/or stats of pokemon. Studying what powers a pokemon and how each pokemon unleashes each attack differently from other pokemon, and how they use these powers in order to survive and thrive in the world of pokemon. Seems kind of odd that we haven't had a professor studying these biological features in pokemon, as they are one of the biggest reasons for pokemon's popularity. Not that the others aren't as important, just that this is sort of important too, you know? Anyways, those are just my thoughts.
    One word to this description. Colress.

    Hey, most people want an interesting prof. Wynaut Colress? He did turn good and is a scientist. Maybe battling him post-game?

  16. #2716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Yup, but it would be nice to have a whole evil team based on ninjas!
    And judging by what we've had so far, as you said, it's far from impossible
    The new team plasma almost nailed it but still far from shinobi, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    One word to this description. Colress.


    Hey, most people want an interesting prof. Wynaut Colress? He did turn good and is a scientist. Maybe battling him post-game?
    I don't think he'll appear on X and Y... maybe someone similar like him?




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  17. #2717
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    The new team plasma almost nailed it but still far from shinobi, right?



    I don't think he'll appear on X and Y... maybe someone similar like him?
    Colress has near Cynthia-like popularity, the woman who appeared in every single DS main series game, and possibly in XY.

    Actually, I bet Cynthia will invade Gen VI too. XY? GF loves her, so they'll probably want to put her into the first 3D game. Third game? Based off the first too, so Cynthia will be in it if she's in XY. 'Hahahaha!' You may think. 'R/S remakes will be safe!' nope. Cynthia (and Steven) appeared in HG/SS, and even though Kanto/Hoenn games takes place before Johto/Sinnoh games, we have to proof of Cynthia's age, or for that matter how long she's been the Sinnoh League Champion. It's only three years between. But in Gen III remakes, it'd probably be a cameo to avoid any continuity issues with her team.

    Sorry for getting off topic.

    I'd like the team to be an actual evil army. Sounds interesting to me.

  18. #2718
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Maybe your family could have moved to this region from another, previous generation region. You're related to one of the previous main characters. Might allow us to see what became of them. Maybe like somebody else said, they are your older brother or sister. That older sibling could be "Starting Over", like Ash always does in the Anime. Only late in the game do you get to face his team from previous generations.
    Wow, that would be pretty nice! Maybe you can connect it with your (let's say, Platinum) save file and then you can battle that team (current party in Platinum) and you can choose wich main series character is your brother/sister.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

  19. #2719
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,382

    Default

    It would be cool if the sun glasses the players have on their hats actually had a function. I'm sure this idea has been thrown out there at some point. It would be interesting if they acted as your Pokedex somehow or could connect to your Pokedex. Like when you click the Pokedex option the visual of your sun glasses/goggles appear and you hear a "click" and see them flip over your players eyes right before taking you to the Pokedex screen. Might sound crazy, but it would at least be different somewhat.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  20. #2720
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    532

    Default

    I want gym leaders to have more appropriate teams come this next game. In B/W, I kept wondering why Burgh was limited with his Bug-types, why Elesa couldn't have a Galvantula, why Skyla had Swoobat and Unfezant instead of Sigilyph and Braviary/Mandibuzz, etc.
    I'm sure I'm just being picky and people will have reasons why it was the way it was. I was just glad that BW2 fixed some of these.
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!



    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure


    Bastion's Current Team:

  21. #2721
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Maybe Elesa don't like bug types or spider looking pokemon. Emolga and Zebstrika fit her modelling personality.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  22. #2722
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Maybe Elesa don't like bug types or spider looking pokemon. Emolga and Zebstrika fit her modelling personality.
    In fact, Elesa uses a Joltik, Galvantula's prevo, in BW2 Challenge mode. She also uses it in a few PWT battles I believe.

    I'd like the GLs to have a full team of 6, or at least the last three. Unova was ridiculous! It'd improve challenge. I hope one of the leaders has Drought Ninetales and another has Drizzle Politoed, to set up their teams. I mean N got them, so why not?

    Anyway, I'd like the PC to have a reason to beat the league, something that makes them crave being stronger. Hugh having a reason was a nice touch!

  23. #2723
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Exploring the world
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Here's an idea that I think would be interesting. What if the truly villainous team is being dealt with at the beginning of the adventure, such as they launch an attack on League Headquarters or on a gym or event, only to be beaten by the League trainers and the Champion, who happens to be the player's father/mother. No good guys are killed in the attack, but there are some injuries and there may be mention of heavy casualties being inflicted on the villainous team. After that, though, the Pokémon League starts initiating a program of reforms that can be seen as cracking down on trainers in order to make sure that there's never an attack like that again. They don't want the next attack to result in actual deaths for the good guys. The League would not start making noticeable reforms until the second or third gym, though, when the villainous team tries to make a comeback, only to fail. When the League starts taking up more serious security measures, they would take the form of a special League registry, League sponsored schools and events, Pokémon permits that are given at the discretion of League officials, etcetera. This could even start to increase, such as new upcoming trainers would have to go to the League schools, and the schools would be year round. In essence, the League tries to be the parents for the new trainers. And to make matters worse, the League could decide to control who has Pokémon and/or Poké Balls. Only League officials and members would be able to carry Poké Balls, or any other type of weapon, for that matter.

    Your stay at home parent has a problem with this. In addition, a new movement forms that wishes to reverse the changes, seeing as there is now an increase in crime, as noted by the increased appearance of burglars in residential areas (offering valuable training experience for trainers, though). The parent that is the Champion would try to calm down your stay at home parent, saying that the measures are only temporary, but the stay at home parent does not believe him/her. In addition, by the sixth gym, the restrictions are only getting tighter as the villainous team tries another attack but is thwarted by both the player, the rival, as well as the new movement, who really tears into the villainous team, dealing with them for good. However, this just gives the League more reasons (or excuses) to clamp down even harder. However, the League and the government also are more willing to share the wealth of the region. People who have a lot have to give up a bit to those who don't have as much. This would affect you, as well. Items become free of any charge, but you can only carry a limited number of them. If you go over the limit, you're seen as a criminal and may be arrested. The exchange is that the people lose some freedoms, such as parents being able to raise their children if they want to be trainers since trainers must now go to a boarding school that lasts year round. However, they do have more security in that League soldiers are in every town to protect the people, even though burglars still appear and only some soldiers are willing to fight them. In essence, it becomes similar a socialist society, but one where the dark side is presented in a more family friendly tone (this isn't Soviet Russia). The Freedom Movement (either a villainous team or a heroic team) has a problem with these changes and begins to form a rebellion against the League. At first, they try talking, but the League doesn't listen and a fight breaks out. Your stay at home parent is revealed to be a founding member of the Freedom Movement. In addition, a few gym leaders and even a member of the Elite Four, also join the Freedom Movement. Your Champion parent sides with the League and will be its Champion. During a battle between the two sides, your parents fight each other for real! Your sibling/cousin, assuming you have one, would also be torn between the two and his or her decision could be based on a combination of a number of decisions you made as well as random chance. You'll never really know for certain which way your sibling/cousin would go.

    In the end, you would end up having to make a choice between the Pokémon League and the Freedom Movement (you could be neutral but if that is the case, both sides will hinder your progress, wanting you to make a firm choice. If you stay neutral, you'll have to fight both sides). Regardless of the choice you make, you would get the gym badges and face off against the Elite Four (the renegade being replaced by either a gym leader, a random character, or even your sibling. You fight them, and eventually your Champion parent. However, after you become the Champion (or conquerer, depending on the choice you make), you are confronted by the leadership of the Pokémon League. The Freedom Movement, with your stay at home parent, which is making one last gasp (assuming you're with the League) to stop them, or coming to support you if you're on their side, also arrives. As it turns out, the villainous team was made by the Pokémon League to justify their takeover of the region, clamping down on the people's rights and ability to keep Pokémon, knowing that if everyone had Pokémon, that the League could be stopped. They just did not anticipate the Freedom Movement gaining such a following, though (or your joining it if you do so). In the end, you are forced to fight the Pokémon League, who have taken control of the Legendary Pokémon, and defeat them. Once they are defeated, they are arrested. What happens after, though, is chosen by your actions in the game. If you side with the Pokémon League, you try to form a new, more just league, though in the end it is implied that the freedoms of the people will be restored. If you're with the freedom movement, it is outright stated that the League will go back to the way it was before the corruption and all of the reforms are repealed. Your parents will eventually get back together and remarry and your sibling will also make amends, eventually, but these events will only be shown in the postgame.

    In addition, various past champions, including Red, will appear during the conflict as well, each taking a different side in the battle. Which side each champion will fight for will be randomly decided save for Hilbert/Hilda. Since Hilbert/Hilda is from Unova he/she will side with the Freedom Movement since not only will he/she see the corruption in the League's leadership, but it will also be a nod to America getting its independence and its freedoms. You'll be able to fight champions who have sided against the side you have chosen (or all of them if you're neutral). However, since this is before the end, you will need a high-level team to win since their Pokémon will be at the same level as your highest level Pokémon, regardless of if the Pokémon is on your team, in a box, or was released for some reason unless the released Pokémon was a Magicarp. Also, I would have the Elite Four and Champion Pokémon levels be at the same level as your highest level Pokémon.

    So, what do you think?
    Last edited by Mew2; 26th April 2013 at 9:29 PM.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

  24. #2724
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    In fact, Elesa uses a Joltik, Galvantula's prevo, in BW2 Challenge mode. She also uses it in a few PWT battles I believe.

    I'd like the GLs to have a full team of 6, or at least the last three. Unova was ridiculous! It'd improve challenge. I hope one of the leaders has Drought Ninetales and another has Drizzle Politoed, to set up their teams. I mean N got them, so why not?

    Anyway, I'd like the PC to have a reason to beat the league, something that makes them crave being stronger. Hugh having a reason was a nice touch!
    Hum, 6 is a little too much, I'd rather have the last three have five, like Hoenn (Yes, Liza and Tate had 2 each, but that thing was harder than the Champion <_<)

    E4 should all have five, and the Champ 6. Unless Challenge Mode exists, then the sixth Gym and up should all have six Poké.

  25. #2725
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Weird!! We haven't received any trainer sprites in the trailers yet!

    I wonder if the trainer appear at all in the battlefield!!

Page 109 of 408 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •