Page 14 of 408 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

i want a dark type champion that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zalman View Post
    I'm really hoping for customizable characters. At least give us the opportunity to buy clothes or something! Making our character unique would be really cool.
    My most requested feature of Pokemon X and Y..

Quote Originally Posted by Zero38 View Post
    Yeah, probably fan-art or something. I just wanted to mix things up a little bit.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    N appearing in three games would be a bit too much for an antagonist, really. I do agree with you on Benga and maybe Volkner, though.
    Well, N is a fan-favorite. And Cynthia has appeared in every mainline Pokemon game since 2006, so Gamefreak isn't afraid of shoehorning popular characters into unrelated games.

Ghetsis is also still on the loose, so it's pretty likely that he'll make an appearance. But hopefully not as the main antagonist. Maybe there will be DLC scenarios and he will be the subject of one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    N appearing in three games would be a bit too much for an antagonist, really. I do agree with you on Benga and maybe Volkner, though.

I don't see how. I mean they definetely put Cynthia in as many games as possible, regardless of how little that made sense.

And given his post-game dialouge, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at all. He vowed to look for the Hilbert/Hilda. I feel they left that plot thread open for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    This might sound too far fetched but I'm hoping your older bro ( maybe Hilbert ) would be the prof. He's might be the youngest prof. Maybe he was given that post coz he stopped N and Reshiram/Zekrom and stopped Ghetsis all at one go. He did do a lot more than the others protagonists ( including Red I must say )
    So winning a few battles = leading science expert?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Hey! This is my first ever post on serebii.net, even though I've been consulting this site for years.

In terms of a rival, I like the kind of person that is always one step ahead, like you go to challenge the gym leader and you see their name already on one of those gym statues. They could be someone really awesome and tough; the kind of person you admire, but at the same time you are really anxious to beat them. When they appear, you get nervous because you know you're in for a long and hard, yet rewarding battle. In my opinion, Blue/Gary was a strong opponent. I'd like someone like him, but not a complete jerk so you don't absolutely hate their guts, but you get a major sense of accomplishment from beating them.

Something that'd be really cool to see would be if they could somehow make the levels of your rival's pokemon match the levels of your own, so if you had a really high level pokemon, the rival would still put up an awesome fight. and if you had like a level 1 pokemon on your team, it could still evenly match one of your opponent's pokemon. There are some obvious problems with this sort of thing and I wouldn't expect it to actually ever happen, but it would be great to battle someone who was actually your equal, or maybe slightly better.

For me, Barry wasn't any challenge at all until right before the E4, and even then, only his snorlax was tough for me.

Giving the rival character a high AI and also having pokemon with lots of capacity for deadly strategies is one way to ensure a good battle. They should also change up their team from time to time so you never know what to expect. Obviously I don't want the rival to be too difficult, but they need to be an actual challenge; someone you'll lose against every so often so you can learn from your mistakes, discover how to beat certain strategies and come back stronger than before. This would really help you become a better trainer instead of one who always relies on high levels and brute force to win all the time. A great rival helps you, challenges you, and upsets you. You have to do whatever you can to beat them, and in doing so grow stronger.

i did like the difficulty settings they added in B+W2. It would be good to have those options at the beginning of the game so inexperienced players don't get discouraged. Also, unlocking an uber expert mode at the end of the game would be awesome, like every battle is E4 quality.

whatever, those is just my thoughts...
    Take a melody,
    simple as can be.
    give it some words
    and sweet harmony...
    -MOTHER

do you guys think that we'll get 2 rivals again?

and i hope that we get the option to battle gyme leaders from other regions like in platinum. (might have been HGSS, not sure)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Here is the gym types that I wanna see:

In no particular order:

1) Psychic
    2) Steel
    3) Ghost
    4) Dark
    5) Fire
    6) Grass
    7) Normal
    8) Water
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    do you guys think that we'll get 2 rivals again?

and i hope that we get the option to battle gyme leaders from other regions like in platinum. (might have been HGSS, not sure)
    I'd like 2 rivals, as the more boss battles the better. They do definitely need to improve on teams though as Hugh only had a Starter, Monkey and Unfezant right up to the E4. Which is pathetic.

Well HGSS had 2 regions so I'm not sure whether that counts or not. And, we could only battle Sinnoh gym leaders in Platinum. BW2's pokemon tournament is really the only way of battling gym leader's from other regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Ghetsis is also still on the loose, so it's pretty likely that he'll make an appearance. But hopefully not as the main antagonist. Maybe there will be DLC scenarios and he will be the subject of one of them.
    Ghetsis suffered a mental breakdown and is currently unable to function, I don't think he'll appear anymore.

Here's hoping that Lady Villain will be as remarkable as him.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    *covers my ears* lalala I'm not listening lalala I'm not gonna get my hopes up for a female villainous leader because that's just too cool to actually happen and i know it lalala
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Ghetsis suffered a mental breakdown and is currently unable to function, I don't think he'll appear anymore.

A female villain is overdo I think.

I have a gut feeling about their won't even be a an evil organization in this game. Of course, I could be very wrong.
    Somehow I imagine our villain won't be connected to an evil organization and will largely be an independent menace. Maybe a small circle of Admins/sidekicks/minions but otherwise I'd like to see this villain go solo.
    Hoping for a Female Villain, and kinda hoping for a design similar to Cruela Deville and Ultimecia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lla_de_Vil.gif
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ltimecia_1.jpg

I thought N and Ghetsis were the Series best villains yet, and I'm looking forward to seeing GameFreak outdo themselves.
    I really hope we get a good, three-dimensional (Hehehe) villain this time. Kinda someone like N, whose motives are understandable, yet at the same time someone you cannot emphasize with and is a clear-cut Villian. Those are probably the hardest villains to write, are you up to the challenge Gamefreak?

If we do have evil teams, I really hope they don't do the sexism/equality thing with them

I don't see how a story about sexism and equality can be made intriguing in a children's game. If GameFreak do take this direction with the story, I can tell you now what it's going to boil down to:
    "We are the Feminine Team, and we like the colour pink, fashion, and cute pokemon!

"Oh Yeah? We're the Masculine team and we like the colour blue, sports and tough pokemon!"
    "Let's battle it out until some kid shows us the error of our ways!"

As for the whole parents thing, I'd like to see both parents too, but I'm not really keen on them have much plot importance.
    Last edited by misunderstoodhero; 9th January 2013 at 6:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    A female villain is overdo I think.
    "Overdo"? Why is that? We had a female Champion and a female Professor, and a lot of us here is waiting for a female main villain.

Would you rather have them just as underlings to male bosses forever?
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I'll give it a shot as well; hopefully some of them come true:

Gym Leader (in no order)
    1. Grass
    2. Flying
    3. Psychic
    4. Dark
    5. Poison
    6. Electric
    7. Steel
    8. Dragon

Elite 4
    1. Water/Ice
    2. Ground
    3. Poison
    4. Fire

Champion: Vary

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyblaziken View Post
    I hope that there r clothes and we choose from it and if we defeat gym leader we get their clothes!!!awesoome that will also show that we defeated that person.
    Gym leader: "Congratulations on the victory. Here's your badge!"

*gives badge and strips naked*

Gym leader: "Here you can also have my outfit "

Player: :|
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

The female character is a breath of fresh air, design-wise from what I can tell.
    The male character is a bit expected, not much originality there.
    IMO

I don't really have an opinion on the female character, but the male is a bit too much like Hilbert for my liking. Also his face is too round

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    He went insane after Rosanate defeated him, he's nothing more than a vegetable now. I don't think he'll be showing up again.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cynthia and/or N though, considering their popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewareman View Post
    snip~
    I do want a rival who's ahead of you, but barring Bianca, rivals generally are on par with you or ahead of you. One thing I really do want is for the rival to have a good team. Cheren was bad enough, but Hugh's team was just pathetic. Hopefully they have more interesting Pokemon this time around.

I wouldn't mind them being champion again, actually, as long as the team is up to scratch.

I know it's practically impossible to predict leaders/Elite Four, but:

1. Rock
    2. Fire
    3. Dragon
    4. Steel
    5. Psychic
    6. Bug
    7. Poison
    8. Ghost

1. Normal
    2. Ground
    3. Ice
    4. Electric
    5. Mixed

idk. Something like that. Rock hasn't been a Gym for a while, and eh, why not first. I'd really like an earlier Dragon Gym because the only ones so far have been number 7/8. Plus, it would mean that there would have to a few Dragons available earlier, which would be nice. Ghost is last just to shake it up a bit, and because I'm hoping that there are mre Ghosts this generation. One thing I hope for overall is for more Pokemon per leader, particularly for the last Gym. The Elite 4 are essentially random, I just want some types that haven't been used before/in a while. As long as the four have more storyline importance I'll be happy.

Also, a female villain team leader would be sweet. I've always loved *****y female villains.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 9th January 2013 at 7:03 PM.

I must say, I really like the female protagonist, I mean, a blond character is awesome!
    the male one looks nice too but he reminds me a bit of Hilbert from BW.
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

"Overdo"? Why is that? We had a female Champion and a female Professor, and a lot of us here is waiting for a female main villain.

Would you rather have them just as underlings to male bosses forever?
    Overdo meaning, I've been wanting one for awhile. Overdoing something is different than being overdo for something.

Gyms (notice the pattern):

1. Steel
    2. Fighting
    3. Psychic
    4. Dark
    5. Bug
    6. Flying
    7. Rock
    8. Ground

Elite Four (no pattern or order):

Electric
    Dragon
    Water/Ice
    Fire

Champion:

Various (something like dragon, water, steel, psychic, fire, fighting)

Also: Each gym leader and E4 member should have a Pokemon that covers his or her team's weaknesses or at least each Pokemon should have moves that covers its weaknesses.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 9th January 2013 at 6:19 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'd like the gyms to be:

1. Ground
    2. Bug
    3. Normal
    4. Psychic
    5. Ghost
    6. Fire
    7. Water
    8. Dark

Elite Four:
    Ice
    Rock
    Grass
    Poison

Champion: mixed

Since everyone is doing this, I'll put in my two cents for the Gyms too:

Gyms:
    1. Fighting
    2. Ice
    3. Normal
    4. Psychic
    5. Dark
    6. Electric
    7. Bug
    8. Fire

E4:
    1. Poison
    2. Ground
    3. Steel
    4. Normal (with most moves as TMS or Egg Moves)

Champion: Varied

I also like the female's design. Probably my fave one so far outfit wise. Well the fanart of her is good. I hope they introduce more sub quest games to Gen 6. I don't know what, maybe some kind of Pokemon MMA contest battle or something? I don't know what, but as someone who's tired of the cliche 8 Gym Battle quest, I would love the option of doing something else for a change. I also hope the champion of the region is a jerk. Yes we need a jerk champion who deserves a good butt kicking. Or make the champion in league with the regional evil team. Like they have under the table deals. That would really be a shake up. And please no more Cynthia. I'm tired of Cynthia, no offense.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 14 of 408 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast