Page 140 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I'm really excited about this too!
    The only thing I find bizarre is how I've seen people on different forums talk about how they're unhappy with this new feature??????
    I don't understand how somebody could ever be unhappy about anything tht is groundbreaking in the pokemon world.
    Anywho, I Just can't wait to customize my girl!!!
    People are usually just afraid of major changes, they'll get used to it eventually.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I'm more curious as to why her hat is off and her hair is tied back.
    I think that, it may be an uniform.. maybe, we're actually part of a school or something... shes not wearing any kind of backpack indeed, she's just standing there (kinda stalking on the male character who is taking a forest walk with this Rosa-like chick) so... maybe we'll see some male NPC wearing male's clothing soon enough...
    But, in any case, remember that if we have a set clothing, and more options later, many NPC will aswell... the may look like us at first cuz they are rookies, like us.. but then, they will be more customized, maybe?
    And forget about that girl being a Co-op player, she's not wearing the bracelet.. Rosa-ish girl with Male character is.. so, she may be the co-op one...

What I don't understand is why they always make the female protagonist decent-looking, and they (usually) make the male protagonist really nerdy-looking...
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Apparently, Kotaku has sort-of confirmed that the male protagonist has some freakishly long legs compared to the Gen 5 trainers, which means that the trainers are even older.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Apparently, Kotaku has sort-of confirmed that the male protagonist has some freakishly long legs compared to the Gen 5 trainers, which means that the trainers are even older.
    Looks pretty proportional (to the girl character and to the rest of the NPCs) to me. All trainers in Gen 6 are going to look taller than in Gen 5 because it's a totally different graphics engine.
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I'm really excited about this too!
    The only thing I find bizarre is how I've seen people on different forums talk about how they're unhappy with this new feature??????
    I don't understand how somebody could ever be unhappy about anything tht is groundbreaking in the pokemon world.
    Anywho, I Just can't wait to customize my girl!!!

Yeah I'm soooo excited to customize my trainer.!
    Will give the game so much more of a real fealing
    Also I have no idea why people would be unhappy with customization
    If ur unhappy don't customize.......

I'm guessing in the main city (lumoise?)
    That there will be a large clothing store
    Were we can get our clothes and accessories
    And maybe unlock more as the game goes on
    Like for example lets a say we have an ice type gym as ur 6th badge
    And for beating it we unlock winter clothes? Just some ideas...

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    What I don't understand is why they always make the female protagonist decent-looking, and they (usually) make the male protagonist really nerdy-looking...
    All us "boys" that play it can relate to him, and wanna get with a girl like her?
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    Looks pretty proportional (to the girl character and to the rest of the NPCs) to me. All trainers in Gen 6 are going to look taller than in Gen 5 because it's a totally different graphics engine.
    The basis of their assumption is in the artwork itself, not the graphics.

I mean, it's obvious we're getting little 4-year olds fighting in the wild, unless everyone in Kalos looks older than they look.

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    All us "boys" that play it can relate to him, and wanna get with a girl like her?
    She really looks very plain to me. Her outfit is whatever and her hat stinks. Her face and hair don't have nearly enough personality compared to May and Dawn. I don't get what the big fuss is.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The basis of their assumption is in the artwork itself, not the graphics.

I mean, it's obvious we're getting little 4-year olds fighting in the wild, unless everyone in Kalos looks older than they look.
    Does the artwork really matter? And I don't think they look any taller than any of the four Unova protagonists. I'd say they're right on par with them in fact.
    -metalbryce

1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    She really looks very plain to me. Her outfit is whatever and her hat stinks. Her face and hair don't have nearly enough personality compared to May and Dawn. I don't get what the big fuss is.
    Because the female has more variety then the previous Male protoganists since they have been wearing blue clothing since Platinum Lucas in which the female are diverse in all ways

Does the artwork really matter? And I don't think they look any taller than any of the four Unova protagonists. I'd say they're right on par with them in fact.
    To some yes.

The female is actually more fashionable then the others. She has her Peter-Pan collar black blouse, with her high-wasted skirt, stockings, and shoes. Plus her purse. She has a more "girly" appearance.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    The female is actually more fashionable then the others. She has her Peter-Pan collar black blouse, with her high-wasted skirt, stockings, and shoes. Plus her purse. She has a more "girly" appearance.
    I guess. I think I just don't like the outfit colors. Black, red and pink don't really go together. I guess she's not too bad, but I still don't think she stands out as much as May, Dawn and Lyra, but I'll definitely use her on every other time I play the game as usual.

Hoping the guy gets a tux like what the guys would wear when doing contests, I thought those were always really sharp and preferable.
    -metalbryce

I wonder if Fantina will show up

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar trainer View Post
    I wonder if Fantina will show up
    I assume it's because she fits in the European theme. Actually she is only French in the English games while she speaks English in the Japanese version. Though I wouldn't mind if she made a cameo in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I assume it's because she fits in the European theme. Actually she is only French in the English games while she speaks English in the Japanese version. Though I wouldn't mind if she made a cameo in the games.
    She speaks French yet everybody in Kalos speaks English.

Buenos Aires city is Brazil's capital, indeed.

Buenos Aires is in Argentina. Brasilia is Brazil's capital xD
    Grass starters deserves respect!

I'm brazilian and can't speak english very well, sooo sorry for my english x.x

Quote Originally Posted by leoaugusti View Post
    I love how imaginative it is

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I know that, but I was talking about the trope that defines Fantina's French origins.

I actually really like the characters this time around, and though some say the male is wearing blue on blue, i think those are jeans (blue jeans though). and they are by far the more realistic ones there have ever been. Yes, they are more plain but i think that's because they're customizable to an extent. you cant expect to get nate and just change the color of his skin, hair and eyes. that would be like ok, where's the customization. they gave both characters this time around more generic appearances to enhance the customization since it's not too deep of a mechanic. and i personally like that. their outfits seem realistic enough and they are both stylish-looking anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Guys, guys.. the champion, right, should be Joey.
    And his signature pokemon, get this, should be that rattata.
    You know, that rattata.
    The rattata that is in the top percentage of all rattata.
    It shall be his only pokemon, at level 100.
    And then we will all be like 'He made it. He had a dream and he made it.'

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Guys, guys.. the champion, right, should be Joey.
    And his signature pokemon, get this, should be that rattata.
    You know, that rattata.
    The rattata that is in the top percentage of all rattata.
    It shall be his only pokemon, at level 100.
    And then we will all be like 'He made it. He had a dream and he made it.'
    Well I think Rattata should be caught in Kalos's Central PokéDex, and we could train it to match Joey's top percentage Rattata and we'll crush his dreams

I'm getting tired of the Champion helping the main character throughout the plot. Although Iris didn't really do much in BW2 (she appeared in Castelia and wasn't that it?) she was my favorite Champion because she didn't have to hold hands with the character throughout the Castelia Sewer conflict like how Lance did in the Mahogany Town Rocket hideout (THAT is mahogany), or like how Wallace and Steven helped you out in Emerald.
    So basically, I don't want to see the Champion at all throughout the game. The Champion should probably just appear at the beginning of Victory Road and not even look like a Champion (Iris was overdressed in BW2 imo). Alder, Blue and Steven looked good because they weren't showing off their Champion status arrogantly through their design. I just want a humble Champion this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I just want a humble Champion this gen.
    Why can't we have someone be humble and still show up throughout the story and help? Champions should try to help the protagonists throughout the story since most of them seem to think they need to protect their region. It really irked me that Iris did nothing but lead the protagonist to the sewers. You would think she would feel obligated to do something since she was following the same group that had caused so much trouble before, but nope. Let's have these two strangers chase after after them instead. And it's not like the champions even do that much handholding.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Yeah I'm soooo excited to customize my trainer.!
    Will give the game so much more of a real fealing
    Also I have no idea why people would be unhappy with customization
    If ur unhappy don't customize.......

I'm guessing in the main city (lumoise?)
    That there will be a large clothing store
    Were we can get our clothes and accessories
    And maybe unlock more as the game goes on
    Like for example lets a say we have an ice type gym as ur 6th badge
    And for beating it we unlock winter clothes? Just some ideas...
    hopeing we can get ash's hat that would be cool :O
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Actually, maybe not humble, but rather secretive. He/She helps you in the background without making an official appearance until you battle him/her at the Pokémon League.

I think the Champion should help you, but just be in the background and he/she is just a reference to where the player really got help.
    For example, let's say your rival tells you after fighting the evil organization that there was another person keeping other grunts fom getting to you while you were occupied having double battles with a whole bunch of grunts.
    And then later, say the organization head was about to launch you and some grunts off into space to rid of you and the grunts were there merely to distract you. You rival/a contributing gym leader says that the League's Champion went straight to the boss room and kept the organization head from doing so.
    Besides secretly helping you out with battling the evil organization, maybe the Pokémon Center nurses or shop clerks say that "an important figure" left something for you and you get key items.

Do these sceenarios make it sound like the Champion should be a relative to the protagonist? If so, I think GameFreak should make it like this.

I thought the capital of Brazil was B
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

Page 140 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast