Page 23 of 408 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    So you actually like HMs?
    I actually think he only likes Surf/Fly because you see them you know
    Fly not really but you know what I mean

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    Clothing customization makes sense for this game. With the European influence, it makes sense there'd be some focus on fashion.
    That makes sooo much sense! And would be very appropriate for the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Skating is much better them that bike.
    I don't have a reason or something like that but...Just...AAHH...
    It's just better

I agree! As a kid I enjoyed skating way more then bicycling, eventhough I did own both.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

So you actually like HMs?
    I get what he means. I actually like the idea of TMs way more than items, because it is supposed to be a Pokemon world after all, and it only makes sense that your Pokemon help you out.

But I'll also be the first to admit that the whole HM systems still needs serious tweaking. For one thing, they shouldn't be permanent. Also, and although they won't do this, there should be multiple moves that serve different purposes. It always bothered me that slash couldn't do the exact same thing as cut.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I agree! As a kid I enjoyed skating way more then bicycling, eventhough I did own both.
    I suck at both in real life. But, in a practical standpoint, a bike would be more useful for a journey. I mean, it can get past some obstacles easier. I mean, skating is indeed cool, but it's not as useful as a cycling.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I hope it doesn't get scrapped like the skateboard was in Gen II, I wouldn't mind an alternative to a Bike though.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    I suck at both in real life. But, in a practical standpoint, a bike would be more useful for a journey. I mean, it can get past some obstacles easier. I mean, skating is indeed cool, but it's not as useful as a cycling.
    Cycling is definitely more practical than skates. Plus, you can actually control a bicycle well, unlike skates, where you're like "DAMMIT THERE'S A CLIFF AHEAD WHERE ARE THE BREAKS WHY ARE THE BREAKS NOT WORKING DAMMIT THIS TALL GRASS IS GETTING IN MY WAY DAMMIT I'VE GONE PAST THE POKEMON CENTRE DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMI-- *crash*".

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    I wonder if we can get clothes worn by previous main characters. If we can I'm getting dressed as Red with Ethan's top.
    It'd be great DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    Exactly! But that ain't no excuse for them to not release concept artwork for them. I personally love the thought of character customisation!
    There can the default outfit, and even a color scheme, but a couple designs to pick from would nice.

Cycling is definitely more practical than skates. Plus, you can actually control a bicycle well, unlike skates, where you're like "DAMMIT THERE'S A CLIFF AHEAD WHERE ARE THE BREAKS WHY ARE THE BREAKS NOT WORKING DAMMIT THIS TALL GRASS IS GETTING IN MY WAY DAMMIT I'VE GONE PAST THE POKEMON CENTRE DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMI-- *crash*".
    Game: The pokémons protected the trainer from any further harm and brought him to the Pokémon center...

But seriously, it shouldn't replace the bike. The bike is a tradition at this point!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I posted a thread on bulbagarden's forums about trainer customization. One of the things someone brought up was the titles of X and Y being a hint towards customization. As X and Y being major chromosomes in DNA and DNA deciding individuality and making sure you're a unique snow flake. So making the game as individual of an experience as possible would make a lot of sense, thus character creation. Also the Double Helix in the logo's.

As for skating, I love the addition, but I hope there's options. Skating through a mountain range seems largely impractical. I know we're playing in a world where man sized killer bee's pose no real threat, but I do want at least a little realism.

Not really liking the male trainer, he looks too much like Hilbert and Nate.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not really liking the male trainer, he looks too much like Hilbert and Nate.
    They're actually siblings. Orphaned while babies, they've been adopted by different families. It's their fate to become one of the greatest Pokemon Trainers in their respective regions.

No, seriously speaking, I really hope his design isn't final. They really need to change that jacket and bag at least.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I don't really think he looks like any of the past heroes. I just think he's particularly bland.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

The dude kind of looks like a girl a little bit. I really hate his design. They should give him blonde hair like the female, only shorter. Like a buzz cut.

For me, I'm just glad he doesn't look like Lucas or Brendan. I really didn't like that hat Lucus wore and I'm still not sure if the white on Brendan's head was a hat or hair....
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Brendan I didn't like, so I'm glad the new hero doesn't resemble him, but I actually liked Lucas' design tbh.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    I don't really think he looks like any of the past heroes. I just think he's particularly bland.
    All three have similar color schemes (blue jacket, red hat) and brown hair, that's pretty damn similar in my book. They really need to stop making the male characters so generic, the only one that's really ever looked remotely unique was Brendan.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I don't really care for the male character either, but I usually play as the female so I'm not too bothered. I just hope we get more Gym Leaders who have other jobs like we got in Generation 5. I'd like a fashion designer Gym Leader and maybe a firefighter too. The possibilities are limitless.

I usually play the female character about 70% of the time anyway (even as a guy) so his design doesn't faze me much. I liked the look of Black and Nate, so I'm not completely opposed to him looking similar.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

When I read this post in the Legendaries thread, something came to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    Yeah, now that I know a little bit more about them it isn't. I didn't see the DNA reference in the Japanese logos before. It wouldn't be surprising if their central theme was related to science and medicine.
    It led me to think that the villainous team we'll be facing are a bunch of medical researchers whose actual aim is to obtain DNA samples or genes from the Legendary Pokemon that are said able to exponentially increase their physical and mental capabilities. I'm picturing the boss as a mad scientist...

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

The mad scientist thing could be really interesting and I was a big fan of Colress' character in BW2 so it would be a nice follow up to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    I wonder if we can get clothes worn by previous main characters. If we can I'm getting dressed as Red with Ethan's top.
    That would be awesome if that was the case but i feel like the guys at GF will try to make everything new appearance-wise just to differentiate the new character from previous ones. None the less, I really just hope that all the speculation for customization turns out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    When I read this post in the Legendaries thread, something came to mind...

It led me to think that the villainous team we'll be facing are a bunch of medical researchers whose actual aim is to obtain DNA samples or genes from the Legendary Pokemon that are said able to exponentially increase their physical and mental capabilities. I'm picturing the boss as a mad scientist...
    How did you read my mind? Did you stea l a DNA splicer? Kidding. I honestly think we will get a mad scientist who won't appear to be psychologically crazy until the travel that they're evil. Think N only not obvious.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu725 View Post
    How did you read my mind? Did you stea l a DNA splicer? Kidding. I honestly think we will get a mad scientist who won't appear to be psychologically crazy until the travel that they're evil. Think N only not obvious.
    I don't think that N was all that obvious. It's just that the plot was already known from the game's Japanese release.

Thank goodness this game is being released simultaneously worldwide.
    Welp, my signature was deleted. Gimme a minute here.

I liked Brendan until I learned that he didn't really have white hair.
    The protagonists look too... generic. Nothing that separates them from anyone.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I liked Brendan until I learned that he didn't really have white hair.
    The protagonists look too... generic. Nothing that separates them from anyone.
    Wait... Brendan didn't have white hair? Well, there goes my childhood.

I feel like I felt when I learned that Link's hair was pink in ALttP.
    Welp, my signature was deleted. Gimme a minute here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrim 8-) View Post
    Wait... Brendan didn't have white hair? Well, there goes my childhood.

I feel like I felt when I learned that Link's hair was pink in ALttP.
    According to the Pokemon Special Manga it is just a hat. Underneath the hat he has brown hair. Not too sure is it is confirmed anywhere else.

Page 23 of 408 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast