Page 3 of 408 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    I feel like we've had too many rivals like that. We've had two jerk rivals: Blue and Silver. We've had tons of friendly/helpful rivals. Brendan/May, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Belle, Hugh. Not to mention characters like Ethan/Lyla and Lucas/Dawn who helpf you along the way. I wouldn't mind a secondary rival who's helpful/friendly, but I want the main one to be a girl with a powerful team that will drag you all across the region.
    What do you mean by "drag you all across the region"? I don't understand the personality you're going for here.

  2. #52

    Default

    The rival shall be your very fabulous friend who lives in a big mansion next to your small one. He is friendly, yet his ego is big.

    Also, the new evil team shall be Team Croissant.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The rival shall be your very fabulous friend who lives in a big mansion next to your small one. He is friendly, yet his ego is big.

    Also, the new evil team shall be Team Croissant.
    Maybe he could be a very feminine-looking boy, too. And be ambiguously gay.

    Team Croissant would try to... uh... destroy all source of food except for croissants? =/

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    264

    Default

    I really hope with the 3D model format that the mirror appearing in the trailer was a hint at customization. Pokémon is a global game and I think it would be cool for everyone to finally have their gameplay characters representative of the person they are. Even if it's as simple as hair colour and skin tone I'm happy!

    I myself have always played with my Pokémon character 'Jo' a female. Jo has never been blonde and I would like it if I could change that, I don't mind if I can't the designs seem pretty cool. I do NOT like the sunglasses though! So corny!

    Really looking forward to official art being released

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    the Great Smog
    Posts
    65

    Default

    It's hard to tell what the protagonists are gonna be like just from those few rapid clips.

    I'm hoping for a straightforward rival, one who's just a jerk or a bully even. A childhood bully!
    It'll make curb-stomping them more enjoyable.


    Round and Round and Round he goes~

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I'm curious to know the name of the criminal team!
    Would be cool if they are called Team DNA. That sounds awesome.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasque View Post
    It's hard to tell what the protagonists are gonna be like just from those few rapid clips.

    I'm hoping for a straightforward rival, one who's just a jerk or a bully even. A childhood bully!
    It'll make curb-stomping them more enjoyable.
    Meh, I don't like bullies as rivals. Makes them more of an enemy than a true rival.

    How about a rival who's really rich, has generally posh-themed Pokemon, and is proud and slightly arrogant, but is also a bit of a ditz as well as pretty sheltered due to his pampered background, and genuinely cares for their Pokemon?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Would be really cool if your 'rival' was a sibling, like a twin brother/sister or something. Then there's a reason for the rivalry and the friendship also!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    the Great Smog
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Meh, I don't like bullies as rivals. Makes them more of an enemy than a true rival.

    How about a rival who's really rich, has generally posh-themed Pokemon, and is proud and slightly arrogant, but is also a bit of a ditz as well as pretty sheltered due to his pampered background, and genuinely cares for their Pokemon?
    Oooh I do actually like that idea. And judging by some of the scenery in the trailer there appears to be some rich/high class buildings, so the rival would fit in with that setting.

    And interestingly enough I said I'd like a childhood bully cause I'm tired of "friendly" rivals, but I'd still like there to be a personal background between the characters. Different tastes huh?


    Round and Round and Round he goes~

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Meh, I don't like bullies as rivals. Makes them more of an enemy than a true rival.
    I know. They might go so far as to strip your clothes off while in public! Luckily, this never happened before!

    ...Wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokéLiam69 View Post
    Would be really cool if your 'rival' was a sibling, like a twin brother/sister or something. Then there's a reason for the rivalry and the friendship also!
    I second this idea.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    I would seriously LOL if they made the main villain look like Marie Antoinette
    #BuyUltraviolance

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I would seriously LOL if they made the main villain look like Marie Antoinette
    The main villan being a women would be pretty cool atleast.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I would seriously LOL if they made the main villain look like Marie Antoinette
    Yes! I second that. Quick, forward this idea to Masuda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The main villan being a women would be pretty cool atleast.
    It's about time, isn't it? And female villains are usually great characters.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I would seriously LOL if they made the main villain look like Marie Antoinette
    Why dont you eat cake ? :P

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokéLiam69 View Post
    Would be really cool if your 'rival' was a sibling, like a twin brother/sister or something. Then there's a reason for the rivalry and the friendship also!
    But that would kinda destroy the sibling relationship, wouldn't it? Unless they're supposed to magically reconcile after some heartwarming speech at the end.

    A female villain with a completely ridiculous and logic-defying hairdo would be nice.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    Clothing customization makes sense for this game. With the European influence, it makes sense there'd be some focus on fashion.
    I don't like this.. Europe =/= Fashion! Freaking annoying.. But apparently, most girls on here want character customization for some reason.. It's not as if it really matters at all.. I haven't once thought during the 15 odd years I've been playing these games: "Well.. I wish my character in red didn't wore a cap, but a bandana, because that's all so hot in fashion right now"

    Get it out of the system people.. If customization enters the fold it will add nothing.. Even more worthless then musicals and contests.. But oh well, those were added for girls as well..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    But that would kinda destroy the sibling relationship, wouldn't it? Unless they're supposed to magically reconcile after some heartwarming speech at the end.
    Not really, I have 3 brothers and I could imagine nothing more cool than both going our separate ways on our individual Pokémon adventures and crossing paths every now and then and battling to show each other how far we've come, who's doing better and pushing myself to get better. I think it would be a great concept for the 'rival' personally!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I don't like this.. Europe =/= Fashion! Freaking annoying.. But apparently, most girls on here want character customization for some reason.. It's not as if it really matters at all.. I haven't once thought during the 15 odd years I've been playing these games: "Well.. I wish my character in red didn't wore a cap, but a bandana, because that's all so hot in fashion right now"

    Get it out of the system people.. If customization enters the fold it will add nothing.. Even more worthless then musicals and contests.. But oh well, those were added for girls as well..
    Three of the Four major fashion cities are in Europe. Paris, being one of them, so why wouldn' it have a little fashion element to it? We had a fashionable supermodel as a gym leader in Unova. I'm sure we will get something along the same lines here.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokéLiam69 View Post
    Not really, I have 3 brothers and I could imagine nothing more cool than both going our separate ways on our individual Pokémon adventures and crossing paths every now and then and battling to show each other how far we've come, who's doing better and pushing myself to get better. I think it would be a great concept for the 'rival' personally!
    Well, I don't have any siblings myself, so I wouldn't know, but I suppose that could work.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Three of the Four major fashion cities are in Europe. Paris, being one of them, so why wouldn' it have a little fashion element to it? We had a fashionable supermodel as a gym leader in Unova. I'm sure we will get something along the same lines here.
    Exactly. It'll fit in with the region's theme. Not to mention, character customisation adds some uniqueness to your character, too, which is always nice.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Three of the Four major fashion cities are in Europe. Paris, being one of them, so why wouldn' it have a little fashion element to it? We had a fashionable supermodel as a gym leader in Unova. I'm sure we will get something along the same lines here.
    Hmm...Elesa returns as an Elite Four with hairy armpits^^

    "Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Realm of Light
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The main villan being a women would be pretty cool atleast.
    I agree.

    Also here is my prediction on Gym Leader types

    Dark
    Flying
    Psychic
    Grass
    Bug
    Electric
    Dragon
    Fighting
    Confirmed Generation VI:

    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I am totally for a female villain/rival this gen. Since the region seems to based on France I'd like to see Fantina make an appearance similar to how Jasmine did in Sinnoh.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    I agree.

    Also here is my prediction on Gym Leader types

    Dark
    Flying
    Psychic
    Grass
    Bug
    Electric
    Dragon
    Fighting
    maybe switch Electric and Dark, just a hunch.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Fantina might be from this region XD. Customization would be pretty awesome. I just want a dark gym this region.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Well, I don't have any siblings myself, so I wouldn't know, but I suppose that could work.
    Well then that makes sense :P Sibling rivalry is the strongest of rivalry!

Page 3 of 408 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •