Page 302 of 408 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 7,526 to 7,550 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    I just wonder whether 4 rivals is overdoing it a bit... Hopefully they will get some good character development into them all to make each of them unique. I would rather have 1 or 2 rivals battle you 3 or 4 times rather than 4 or 5 rivals only battling you once. With 4 rivals, it might be difficult to show their pokemon's progression throughout the game.... We'll see! I just hope with their abundance, it does not take away from their rapport with myself, as I may just end up thinking I'm getting 1 rival in 4 different incarnations... Black and White got it right though.
    There may be even more than just your friendship group rivals..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I just wonder whether 4 rivals is overdoing it a bit... Hopefully they will get some good character development into them all to make each of them unique. I would rather have 1 or 2 rivals battle you 3 or 4 times rather than 4 or 5 rivals only battling you once. With 4 rivals, it might be difficult to show their pokemon's progression throughout the game.... We'll see! I just hope with their abundance, it does not take away from their rapport with myself, as I may just end up thinking I'm getting 1 rival in 4 different incarnations... Black and White got it right though.
    Assuming that you battle all of them regularly, which I don't really see happening. Tierno is a dancer and Trevor is obsessed with completing the Pokédex, so they may not battle you. Instead, they would be your rivals in those matters (if dancing is like Contests and Musicals; part of a sidequest mini-game or something), while Shauna and Calem/Serena are your battling rivals.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Yeah I'd have quality over quantity any day of the week (something I personally thought Unova lacked). I also would rather fight 1 or 2 rivals about 6-8 times and see a nice steady progression in character and in their teams. If we fight all 4 of the Kalos Kids i'm gonna think that might be hard to pull of and we may only fight them 2 or 3 times.

@Midnight Yes the region looks big, but alot of people still said that about Unova so I'm gonna be a lil skeptical about it and wait and see, but even if we say it has 20 routes pre-league, that means atleast 1 rival battle on every route (if we are to fight all of them and the Prof) and I personally wouldn't like that. I'd feel like we were still just all palling around together and not feel like I'm on a great individual journey (which I had during Gen 1-4). It makes the story and you more reliant on others and can;t do things for yourself, which was my main gripe about unova)

Sorry, i'll stop the 5 bashing.

I honestly hope we just fight Calem/Serena and the Professor mostly, maybe fight Shauna once or maybe pair up with her against Flare the one time. The guys I'm not too fussed and it's kinda hinted that they would rather do other things than battle. However I'd defo be up for all of them to be fought post-game with full teams.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Okay, I think we'll only see Tierno battle in the sidequest, and battle Trevor infrequently.

I've just realized Tierno and Trevor are always in the screenshots together, so perhaps they're travelling together?

@Ditto24, yes, but this looks bigger for realises, considering that we've only seen small snippets of the huge Lumiose, and the fact that from the screenshots Santalune and Vaniville look bigger than the previous early areas

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

@Ditto24, yes, but this looks bigger for realises, considering that we've only seen small snippets of the huge Lumiose, and the fact that from the screenshots Santalune and Vaniville look bigger than the previous early areas
    I'm not comparing a DS game to a 3DS game in terms of visuals until I've played it. It may be naturally bigger as it seems likely because they can pull more off coz of the system, but the characters are also bigger, I'm worried it's basically a zoom in feature that makes it seem bigger. I wanna be wrong though, believe me

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Yeah I'd have quality over quantity any day of the week (something I personally thought Unova lacked). I also would rather fight 1 or 2 rivals about 6-8 times and see a nice steady progression in character and in their teams. If we fight all 4 of the Kalos Kids i'm gonna think that might be hard to pull of and we may only fight them 2 or 3 times.

@Midnight Yes the region looks big, but alot of people still said that about Unova so I'm gonna be a lil skeptical about it and wait and see, but even if we say it has 20 routes pre-league, that means atleast 1 rival battle on every route (if we are to fight all of them and the Prof) and I personally wouldn't like that. I'd feel like we were still just all palling around together and not feel like I'm on a great individual journey (which I had during Gen 1-4). It makes the story and you more reliant on others and can;t do things for yourself, which was my main gripe about unova)

Sorry, i'll stop the 5 bashing.

I honestly hope we just fight Calem/Serena and the Professor mostly, maybe fight Shauna once or maybe pair up with her against Flare the one time. The guys I'm not too fussed and it's kinda hinted that they would rather do other things than battle. However I'd defo be up for all of them to be fought post-game with full teams.
    I enjoy rival battles, but every route would be pretty annoying. There wouldn't be any fluency to the game at all. It wouldn't have the novelty and surprise of a rival battle if they showed up so frequently. I'd battle them all post-game though too. Nice for EXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I honestly hope we just fight Calem/Serena and the Professor mostly, maybe fight Shauna once or maybe pair up with her against Flare the one time. The guys I'm not too fussed and it's kinda hinted that they would rather do other things than battle. However I'd definitely be up for all of them to be fought post-game with full teams.
    I think that will be the case.

Isn't Calem/Serena like your main rival or something? And from the looks of it, Trevor is more focused on completing the Pokedex and Tierno just for dancing, so since they don't really like to battle, that leaves Shauna as a real trainer (not hat the others aren't but she'll team up and battle more). I think that you may battle Trevor and Tierno 1 or 2 times in the main story (like towards the beginning) and then whenever in the post-game. What's interesting is that MidnightFennekin pointed out that Tierno and Trevor seems to be traveling together.

As for the professor fighting you, I'm going to assume that's more post-game and/or towards the end of the main game.

I still don't think we'll battle all the Kalos Kids regularly. Calem/Serena will probably be the main rival, as most have suggested, I guess Rosa 2.0 or maybe even the Professor could get a starter. A Professor fighting with a starter would be logical. Trevor and Tierno might be the travelers who give you items along the way and team up with at different points. I do hope we have sidequest to do with them to get rare items and junk.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Perhaps Trevor could be your rival in catching Pokemon, and he gives you a reward for completing the Kalos Pokedex (The shiny stone, or whatever). I don't think he will be a long term battle rival, maybe battling once or twice, perhaps even teaming up for a double battle against the other kids. I see Tierno being the same way, he's just a rival in a different sense doing the contest-esque sidequest.

Shauna and the opposite player character seem more like permanent rivals, with the opposite player character being the main rival of course. Something I would like to personally see is have Shauna be like Wally in that she is rather weak at the beginning, but ends up becoming the Champion before you do. It might be a little too much like Blue, but battling the rival at the climax (N counts as well) has a really cool effect, and a weak character making it to the top could be really cool especially if we get to see her work at getting stronger rather than have it be a sudden shift into power like it was for Wally because we were unable to follow him.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

This is my point of view on each friend/rival...

Serena/Calem: Probably going to be your main rival; the one that challenges you multiple times and that gets the starter having the advantage on you. It's going to be friendly though, and will often give advices to the player or useful key items (such as the Dowsing Machine) to help it out.
    Shauna: This girl is energetic and optimistic. It's probably going to be the second main rival as it will maybe get the starter having the disadvantage on you. It will act like Bianca; trying to be strong but always is cheerful and enjoys to be your friend, even if she loses. She probably will be the "rival" that will mostly be there for the player when it comes not to fight, such as showing attractions (Pokémon Contest, Music Hall or stuff like that).
    Tierno: I'd say Tierno underestimates itself in battling skills and prefer to compete dance-wise. It will sometimes battle you, to "show" you its new dance moves and combinations (will just battle you normally) a time or two and will give you advices once in a while. He's very friendly and likes to talk with the player.
    Trevor: Trevor is more technical and likes startergies, but his main goal is to work on his Pokédex and discover as many Pokémon species as possible. It will appear sometimes to give you advices, especially on the Pokédex and its way to work. It may battle you once or twice, but knows his strength and won't be surprise to lose. When it comes to talk with the player, it's a little bit different from Tierno and Shauna; Trevor is kind of shy, making the conversations not too long.

That's how I see it.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 16th August 2013 at 6:50 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    And thus, we have our new ledge meme - the player character does not know how to sit on a bench.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Maybe this bench has some super giga jet reactors under it that let the player Fly even before getting the ability to use Fly out of battles. And there, Trevor wants to show the player how to control it. It's obvious.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

man I would love this if it wasn't so obviously fake. And now I hope they actually do this.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Thanks Trevor! Life is sooo much more clear to me now! In fact, this conversation has changed my worldview! (This NEEDS to happen!)

It seems the demo has a rival battle with Serena/Callum. He/she has two pokemon.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    It seems the demo has a rival battle with Serena/Callum. He/she has two pokemon.
    That battle must be the second battle you have with them. But, thanks for the information. (^.^)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    That battle must be the second battle you have with them. But, thanks for the information. (^.^)
    Demos aren't really confirmation for what they use, Cheren in the BW demo used a Basculin and on release, he never caught one.

Cool so I guess the thing that Sycamore studies is Mega Evolution. That's pretty cool.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Demos aren't really confirmation for what they use, Cheren in the BW demo used a Basculin and on release, he never caught one.
    Wow. That sucks and is surprising. But, thanks. I never knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    This demo is probably nothing to do with actual gameplay, this demo will purely be a demo and not a segment from the real game.

Wait, serebii makes it sound like you battle of the friends plus sycamore.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Wait, serebii makes it sound like you battle of the friends plus sycamore.
    Sycamore was in the demo yeah, pic is on pokejungle in the comments.

The demos are in Japan, right? I saw a link on serebii forums a few weeks ago showing that there were going to be demos in August in parts of Germany. Will America get its demos too? Is there a link where I can see the demo battles? Does anyone know the kind of pokemon the trainers and the prof use?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    The demos are in Japan, right?
    yes
    I saw a link on serebii forums a few weeks ago showing that there were going to be demos in August in parts of Germany. Will America get its demos too?
    At this time, nothing has been announced. I'd be surprised if we didn't, though
    Is there a link where I can see the demo battles?
    The event basically just started and all we have are pictures
    Does anyone know the kind of pokemon the trainers and the prof use?
    Sycamore (or maybe Shauna) used a Crobat.
    This...doesn't mean anything, though, because demo

Page 302 of 408 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast