Page 47 of 408 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

  1. #1151
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    598

    Default

    This is something I really want to be included in the Evil Team's Emblem

    ADN_animation.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I really hope that isn't the case because that is really, really cliched. The whole "take over the world" thing is getting old.
    How else are they going to do evil shenanigans related to DNA?
    Last edited by Archangel; 20th January 2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: double post merged

  2. #1152
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I was under the impression that they were devices literally made to "splice" the Pokémon's DNA to fuse them together. Was it stated in the game that that's how they work?
    Not exactly, no. In fact, the only thing that's stated in-game about their function is that they are capable of facilitating a fusion between Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom. Nothing involving DNA was ever mentioned.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  3. #1153
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    How else are they going to do evil shenanigans related to DNA?
    Corrupt scientist who is not taken seriously decides to experiment in cloning. However, as the need to have his studies taken seriously, he ends up doing unethical experiments.

    A brother and sister have an intense rivalry. One of them catches legendary Pokemon (X/Y depending on version). The sibling becomes jealous of their success and attempts to catch the other legendary themselves.

    The Pokemon themselves are fighting one another, and the region is beginning to take sides as well, and a war breaks out.

    A corrupt corporation begins construction on sacred grounds and ends up waking up the legendary, which threatens to destroy the world.





    There are many, many ways to go about the story, without the obscure goal of "taking over the world".
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  4. #1154
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Corrupt scientist who is not taken seriously decides to experiment in cloning. However, as the need to have his studies taken seriously, he ends up doing unethical experiments.

    A brother and sister have an intense rivalry. One of them catches legendary Pokemon (X/Y depending on version). The sibling becomes jealous of their success and attempts to catch the other legendary themselves.

    The Pokemon themselves are fighting one another, and the region is beginning to take sides as well, and a war breaks out.

    A corrupt corporation begins construction on sacred grounds and ends up waking up the legendary, which threatens to destroy the world.





    There are many, many ways to go about the story, without the obscure goal of "taking over the world".
    Good Point,I actually think that a few approaches may have a chance of being the actual goal although only one or two are related to DNA

  5. #1155
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    598

    Default

    A brother and sister have an intense rivalry. One of them catches legendary Pokemon (X/Y depending on version). The sibling becomes jealous of their success and attempts to catch the other legendary themselves.

    I also think that this sibling rivalry has already been cleared remember the Twin Heroes

  6. #1156
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    I also think that this sibling rivalry has already been cleared remember the Twin Heroes
    Not really. The Twin Heroes helped each other to found the region but eventually began to disagree about whether truth or ideals were more important and went to war against each other; however, the war was a stalemate, so the brother's called for a truce which held up until their sons reignited the war, leading Reshiram and Zekrom to devastate the region with their powers. It wasn't so much a sibling rivalry as it was a philosophical disagreement.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  7. #1157
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    In the end, the two brother couldn't win cannot win over one another with two halves of the same coin. It was a futile battle from the start.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  8. #1158
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    I think there shouldn't be just one team, nor two teams like in RSE. Maybe four teams: Adenine, Guanine, Thymine, and Cytosine. In Pokémon X, Adenine and Thymine have different goals. The Adenine Association want to take over the world, while the Thymine Corps want to preserve peace. In Pokémon Y, the Cytosine Force preserve the peace and the Guanine Gauntlet strive to take over the world.
    In Z, the Adenine Association and Guanine Gauntlet are gone, but they combine to make the Uracil Federation.

    Total speculation, unlike most of my posts with reasons and explanations.

  9. #1159
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I think there shouldn't be just one team, nor two teams like in RSE. Maybe four teams: Adenine, Guanine, Thymine, and Cytosine. In Pokémon X, Adenine and Thymine have different goals. The Adenine Association want to take over the world, while the Thymine Corps want to preserve peace. In Pokémon Y, the Cytosine Force preserve the peace and the Guanine Gauntlet strive to take over the world.
    In Z, the Adenine Association and Guanine Gauntlet are gone, but they combine to make the Uracil Federation.

    Total speculation, unlike most of my posts with reasons and explanations.
    Ahh, it seems interesting, but four teams is quite a lot. But, once I think about the battles and all that marvelous EXP, how can I say no?

  10. #1160
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    I would be interested in a three way struggle between three teams. So I am interested in seeings what they come up next.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  11. #1161
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I think there shouldn't be just one team, nor two teams like in RSE. Maybe four teams: Adenine, Guanine, Thymine, and Cytosine. In Pokémon X, Adenine and Thymine have different goals. The Adenine Association want to take over the world, while the Thymine Corps want to preserve peace. In Pokémon Y, the Cytosine Force preserve the peace and the Guanine Gauntlet strive to take over the world.
    In Z, the Adenine Association and Guanine Gauntlet are gone, but they combine to make the Uracil Federation.
    Maybe just Adenine in X, Guanine in Y, and Uracil in Z? That way there's only 1 team per game.
    Total speculation, unlike most of my posts with reasons and explanations.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  12. #1162
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Ahh, it seems interesting, but four teams is quite a lot. But, once I think about the battles and all that marvelous EXP, how can I say no?
    You won't be battling Thymine and Cytosine teams, just Adenine and Guanine, making it balanced since grunts from Thymine and Cytosine will help you battling Adenine and Guanine grunts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Maybe just Adenine in X, Guanine in Y, and Uracil in Z? That way there's only 1 team per game.
    That's what I meant. Adenine and Guanine are evil teams, while Thymine and Cytosine are your aides in the games.

  13. #1163
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    hoenn
    Posts
    11

    Default

    i had a idea in a dream last night but hear it is . we have a new pwt but we have to battle now n, bianca,Proton, Petrel,Ariana, Archer,looker,Maxie,Cyrus,Colress, Rood,Zinzolin,Ghetsis,Bronius,Ryoku,Giallo,Gorm,sl iver,and hugh and add all of the old ones from black and white2

  14. #1164
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    So last gen we had the very forgettable Amanita. Didn't much like her PC model.
    Don't even remember the Sinnoh person if there was one, that's how disappointing he/she was.

    Bill, of course, is too old to be updating the PC.
    So that leaves us with the "new person" option, which could happen as the games are now 3D so who knows what the PC's gonna be like.
    Or we bring back Lanette, who's PC Box system was simply superb compared to all the newest remodels.

    Save for Amanita's Battle Box. That was nice.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  15. #1165
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    The only thing Lanette's system has over the others was the Select all option. Which BW2 re-implimented
    Actually, BW2 probably has the best box in the series. Mass moving is back, the side-screen box list makes moving things easier (this was in BW1 but details), and the search function was massively improved

    by which i mean THERE'S AN ACTUAL SEARCH FUNCTION. I think it could still deal with some tweaks but it's wonderful.

  16. #1166
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    I dunno, I miss the way moving Pokemon worked in the 3rd gen.
    Nowadays, you select one Mon, put it where another Mon is, and they trade places.
    3rd gen, you select a Mon, put it where another Mon is, and the 2nd Mon goes to your hand.

    Or maybe there's a way around this annoyance and I'm just behind on the times.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  17. #1167
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I dunno, I miss the way moving Pokemon worked in the 3rd gen.
    Nowadays, you select one Mon, put it where another Mon is, and they trade places.
    3rd gen, you select a Mon, put it where another Mon is, and the 2nd Mon goes to your hand.

    Or maybe there's a way around this annoyance and I'm just behind on the times.
    It's not much of a difference is it ? It is still comfortable enough to move the pokemon.

  18. #1168
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    It's actually a huge difference. Say you want to move a Pokemon from Box 5 to a certain spot in Box 1. That spot it occupied, and you wanna move the current occupant elsewhere (just not to Box 5).
    But whattaya know, Amanita's PC decides to move it to Box 5 for you anyway.

    Little things like that irk me cos I've got a tame but ever-present self-diagnosed case of OCD.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  19. #1169
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    It's actually a huge difference. Say you want to move a Pokemon from Box 5 to a certain spot in Box 1. That spot it occupied, and you wanna move the current occupant elsewhere (just not to Box 5).
    But whattaya know, Amanita's PC decides to move it to Box 5 for you anyway.

    Little things like that irk me cos I've got a tame but ever-present self-diagnosed case of OCD.
    Maybe I never notice it coz, I never had 5 boxes of pokemon :P. At the max I would have 2. I'm too lazy to catch all of em.
    The only game I had more boxes was my Sapphire ( I had 10 boxes )

  20. #1170
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    I am a stickler for organizing my Mons. It's gotta be in such a way.

    And I used to be the same as you, barely any boxes full since Leafgreen.
    But I've made it my mission to catch 'em all in White 2, so the ol' collection's growing.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  21. #1171
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    Even with the lack of switch what you're holding I still find BW2's box as a huge improvement over the gen 3 box.
    I'm usually moving large swaths if I move anything, anyway.

  22. #1172
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    In that case, I say that the 6th Gen PC should have more customizable options as to how the UI can work. That way we can please the me's and the you's. haha
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  23. #1173
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    We are kinda going off topic. This is the character thread not the gameplay thread.
    Anyway, I have a feeling Hilbert or Nate will return in Gen 6 just like Red came back in Gen 2.

  24. #1174
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    We are kinda going off topic. This is the character thread not the gameplay thread.
    Anyway, I have a feeling Hilbert or Nate will return in Gen 6 just like Red came back in Gen 2.
    They could appear, but I don't know really. How many times has the previous protagonist appeared in the next game other than Red? I'd like if they did, but it depends on X and Y's storyline really.

  25. #1175
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    We are kinda going off topic. This is the character thread not the gameplay thread.
    Anyway, I have a feeling Hilbert or Nate will return in Gen 6 just like Red came back in Gen 2.
    Eh, if you ask me, I'd rather have someone like N or some other non-main character show up. I feel that they already had the chance to make Hilda and Hilbert come back in BW2 but they blew it. Especially when they had the memory link feature in that game.

    Edit: the only two games that have main characters showing back up are GSC and BW2. Coincidentally, they're both Red.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 47 of 408 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •