My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yea, in the beginning of the Hoenn games, you're moving from Johto to Hoenn.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Yep, the only occurrence of something like that. It's actually kind of odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Olivine City, to be specific.
    Maybe I missed something but where in the game does he state he is from Johto or Olivine City to be more specific?

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Maybe I missed something but where in the game does he state he is from Johto or Olivine City to be more specific?
    It has been a while since I played but at the very beginning of the game it says that the family moves from Johto. I don't remember Olivine City being mentioned though.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    It has been a while since I played but at the very beginning of the game it says that the family moves from Johto. I don't remember Olivine City being mentioned though.
    Olivine City is mentioned in his PWT dialogue.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoes View Post
    Cynthia is aesthetically attractive, yes, especially when compared to N. N's hair is green and is in a long ponytail. It looks ridiculous. Too ugly to be allowed, imho.

Cynthia, though, is pretty, interesting, strong, legendary ... she's just amazing. N may be strong, but regardless of why his name is only a letter, his name IS only a letter, and his hair is stupid. He's a freak, and not even an edgy one at that. He's a crusty, unattractive freak.
    You people are tearing me apart

And I knew Norman came from Johto, but I had no idea they specified. Anyways, I'm sure someone has already said something about the chance of Fantina showing up. I wouldn't be opposed to that.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    You people are tearing me apart
    For what it's worth, I like N.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    And I knew Norman came from Johto, but I had no idea they specified.
    Reading character pages on Bulbapedia in your free time teaches you things. :P
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoes View Post
    Cynthia is aesthetically attractive, yes, especially when compared to N. N's hair is green and is in a long ponytail. It looks ridiculous. Too ugly to be allowed, imho.

Cynthia, though, is pretty, interesting, strong, legendary ... she's just amazing. N may be strong, but regardless of why his name is only a letter, his name IS only a letter, and his hair is stupid. He's a freak, and not even an edgy one at that. He's a crusty, unattractive freak.
    Oh no you didn't just insult lord N like that!

Olivine City is mentioned in his PWT dialogue.
    Interesting. Just looked at his dialogue and he is indeed from Olivine City. Also if the manga is related to the games it seems he moved there because he failed to become Gym leader. Which makes me wonder what are the qualifications of becoming a gym leader?
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 21st January 2013 at 7:10 AM.

Interesting. Just looked at his dialogue and he is indeed from Olivine City. Also if the manga is related to the games it seems he moved there because he failed to become Gym leader. Which makes me wonder what are the qualifications of becoming a gym leader?
    This is just my personal headcanon, but I've always believed that the Gym Leader qualification process involves a written aptitude test and a test battle against the previous Leader or some other official (or perhaps a series of Leaders/officials), kinda like getting a driving license. I also think that you can be recommended for the position by an existing Gym Leader (hence why some Gyms are passed down through the family), but you still have to take the tests. Additionally, having defeated the Elite Four probably serves as a significant voucher, maybe bypassing the test battles, which would explain Cheren and Blue.
    Last edited by Endolise; 21st January 2013 at 7:11 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

This is just my personal headcanon, but I've always believed that the Gym Leader qualification process involves a written aptitude test and a test battle against the previous Leader or some other official (or perhaps a series of Leaders/officials), kinda like getting a driving license. I also think that you can be recommended for the position by an existing Gym Leader (hence why some Gyms are passed down through the family), but you still have to take the tests. Additionally, having defeated the Elite Four probably serves as a large voucher, which would explain Cheren and Blue.
    If it works like that then those tests seem kinda unfitting. Like Cheren now has Lenora's Gym title so he had to face her Lv. 20 Watchog and Lv. 18 Herdier with a Lv. 11 Patrat and a Lv. 13 Lillipup. So I guess somehow he managed to beat her with them. :/
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 21st January 2013 at 7:18 AM.

If it works like that then those tests seem kinda unfitting. Like Cheren now has Lenora's Gym title so he had to face her Lv. 20 Watchog and Lv. 18 Herdier with a Lv. 11 Patrat and a Lv. 13 Lillipup. So I guess somehow he managed to beat her with them. :/
    Those aren't the only Pokémon that the Gym Leaders own; they most likely have multiple teams at varying degrees of strength that they switch between depending on the relative strength of the challenger. Just look at their PWT teams, for instance. Or Cheren himself. He has a Lv11 Patrat and a Lv13 Lillipup in the first Gym battle of BW2, but later he uses a team of Stoutland, Watchog and Cincinno in their late 20s-early 30s, and he still has his Lv60 Pokémon from BW during the Memory Link battle.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Those aren't the only Pokémon that the Gym Leaders own; they most likely have multiple teams at varying degrees of strength that they switch between depending on the relative strength of the challenger. Just look at their PWT teams, for instance. Or Cheren himself. He has a Lv11 Patrat and a Lv13 Lillipup in the first Gym battle of BW2, but later he uses a team of Stoutland, Watchog and Cincinno in their late 20s-early 30s, and he still has his Lv60 Pokémon from BW during the Memory Link battle.
    Ah that makes more sense. So I'm assuming depending on how well they did determines their rank as a gym leader? Like Flannery was also a newbie gym leader but she was the 4th gym leader.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 21st January 2013 at 7:37 AM.

So I'm assuming depending on how well they did determines their rank as a gym leader? Like Flannery was also a newbie gym leader but she was the 4th gym leader.
    Flannery was the 4th because that's how we visit her, not because it is her rank or something.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Ah that makes more sense. So I'm assuming depending on how well they did determines their rank as a gym leader? Like Flannery was also a newbie gym leader but she was the 4th gym leader.
    She was a newbie but she was stronger that the other leaders. Same goes for Iris, she was a newbie, but she was strong so was the 8th gym leader and eventually went on to become the champion.

Anyway, you guys are neglecting another person who could have potential for series character development : Youngster Joey. GF could make him like the number one troll in the Pokemon World. Heck, he could be the antagonist of gen 6, and he would have a team of 6 rattatas with perfect 31 IVs. That would be truly top percentage.

So I looked up the types of trees and I think these would be kind of cool to see:
    Professor Spruce
    Professor Cedar
    Professor Pines
    White FC: 026097666713

Black 2 FC:219464649535

Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503

Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    So I looked up the types of trees and I think these would be kind of cool to see:
    Professor Spruce
    Professor Cedar
    Professor Pines
    I'll go for Spruce.
    Cedric Juniper, I believe, is named after Cedar.

Personally I'm rooting for Professor Willow, a young female Professor.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Personally I'm rooting for Professor Willow, a young female Professor.
    Willow reminds me of *add sophisticated English accent here* a nice Engilsh Gentlemen, playing a little game of cricket, shall we say ?

Who's with me that the plauer's mother shoukd be the champion?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

^ Ummm. Good idea, but I think no. I hope she finally gets a room and doesn't have to sleep in the kitchen. Her back can't take too much more!

Do you think the Athletes will come back?

We have had a rival as a gym leader (blue). We had a father as a gym leader (Norman). We even had an evil boss as a gym leader (Giovanni). So how about a twist were the professor ends up being the final leader. Or a bit like Cheren were the professor is like a basic gym leader in the players home town.

Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    We have had a rival as a gym leader (blue). We had a father as a gym leader (Norman). We even had an evil boss as a gym leader (Giovanni). So how about a twist were the professor ends up being the final leader. Or a bit like Cheren were the professor is like a basic gym leader in the players home town.
    Well, Blue was actually both Gym Leader and Champion, but I get what you're saying. That would be really cool. I wouldn't be surprised, wasn't Professor Oak the final boss in one of the first gen games?

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Well, Blue was actually both Gym Leader and Champion, but I get what you're saying. That would be really cool. I wouldn't be surprised, wasn't Professor Oak the final boss in one of the first gen games?
    I think that was a glitch or something.

It was, but if Gamefreak actually wants you to do something like that, it'll be cool.

Well the coding was in the actual game, which means they intended for you to fight said boss, but they just didn't know when to program it in. Can't be a glitch.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Page 51 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast