Page 52 of 408 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

  1. #1276
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    Spruce is the name of Cedric Juniper in the French Game (I'm french canadian and I played my Black version as the French Version), so it can't be Spruce. I like how Willow is describe : A young a pretty lady or a British and polite man.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt account

  2. #1277
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    hoenn
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mangoes View Post
    Cynthia is aesthetically attractive, yes, especially when compared to N. N's hair is green and is in a long ponytail. It looks ridiculous. Too ugly to be allowed, imho.

    Cynthia, though, is pretty, interesting, strong, legendary ... she's just amazing. N may be strong, but regardless of why his name is only a letter, his name IS only a letter, and his hair is stupid. He's a freak, and not even an edgy one at that. He's a crusty, unattractive freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    That's exactly how I feel. Cynthia still has all this mystery behind her, and she's a relatively interesting, to me at least, Champion. N has been developed to death and I just feel that it's time for some older characters to get more development. I mean we don't even know Cynthia's home region for Arceus' sakes!

    yew caght me, its bcause of the bewbies.
    i agree with Cynthia being in more games but i also disagree about N. we still dont know who his real parents are before Ghetsis(i think its wallys parents in RSE). where did he go between black and white & black2 and white2,and where did Ghetsis find him (the only thing he got was he was found in the woods with Darmanitan and Zorua.and that is a big help)

  3. #1278
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    So I looked up the types of trees and I think these would be kind of cool to see:
    Professor Spruce
    Professor Cedar
    Professor Pines
    Professor Spruce has a better sound to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    We have had a rival as a gym leader (blue). We had a father as a gym leader (Norman). We even had an evil boss as a gym leader (Giovanni). So how about a twist were the professor ends up being the final leader. Or a bit like Cheren were the professor is like a basic gym leader in the players home town.
    After you beat Cynthia in DPPt, Rowan says he feels nostalgia when [re]entering the Hall of Fame. This was suggesting Rowan was the previous Champion before Cynthia. So that adds "Professor as a former Champion" to our list of who the possible Champions will be.

    I hope this time the protagonist is visited by the Champion,who is the Professor and visits all of the towns and cities to give children their Starters. This would explain how Lasses and Youngsters get their Pokémon.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  4. #1279
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I hope this time the protagonist is visited by the Champion,who is the Professor and visits all of the towns and cities to give children their Starters. This would explain how Lasses and Youngsters get their Pokémon.
    But, aren't the Pokemon Youngsters and Lasses get are pretty basic compared to the Starters we get? For all we know their parents could have gave them their first Pokemon.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 22nd January 2013 at 12:40 AM.

  5. #1280
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    After you beat Cynthia in DPPt, Rowan says he feels nostalgia when [re]entering the Hall of Fame. This was suggesting Rowan was the previous Champion before Cynthia. So that adds "Professor as a former Champion" to our list of who the possible Champions will be.
    ..or Rowan simply accompanied another trainer (could be Cynthia) inside the Hall of Fame from back then before he left Sinnoh years ago.
    Rowan was the one who gave Cynthia her first Pokedex and Pokemon...

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  6. #1281
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    But, aren't the Pokemon Youngsters and Lasses get are pretty basic compared to the Starters we get? For all we know they're parents could have gave them their first Pokemon.
    There's a kid on the route above Jubilife City that says his dad gave him a magikarp, it's likely that all the youngsters and lasses had experiences like that. Or they did the old man thing where they just chuck balls at Pokemon until one stays.

    Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

    Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

  7. #1282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    There's a kid on the route above Jubilife City that says his dad gave him a magikarp, it's likely that all the youngsters and lasses had experiences like that. Or they did the old man thing where they just chuck balls at Pokemon until one stays.
    Haha. Yup, that seems like the most possible situation. I don't think that the regional Professor gave out Pokemon to other Trainer classes.

  8. #1283
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, wasn't Professor Oak the final boss in one of the first gen games?
    No, you could battle him through cheats, but you never get to battle him through normal means.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  9. #1284
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    233

    Default

    As long as the Champion doesn't have one main type of pokemon I'm fine.
    White FC: 026097666713

    Black 2 FC:219464649535

    Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503


  10. #1285
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Haha. Yup, that seems like the most possible situation. I don't think that the regional Professor gave out Pokemon to other Trainer classes.
    It seems that, in the games, Professors don't go around giving out Pokémon, they only do so when they send someone on a long errand for them. All the other people simply get their first Pokémon as a gift or catch their first Pokémon in the wild with some help (remember Wally?)
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  11. #1286
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    As long as the Champion doesn't have one main type of pokemon I'm fine.
    Yeah. We haven't had a monotype champion since Emerald, not counting remakes, so I say it might go either way, but I want a diverse champion like you.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  12. #1287
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default

    I would love a normal type champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

    ...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

  13. #1288
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    I would love a normal type champion.
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Really? A champion that can't do any super-effective STAB attacks with a team of six maybe-walls that could be destroyed by Fighting attacks (and would be totally useless against any Ghost-types that know non-Ghost attacks)? I dunno about that...

  14. #1289
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I think mirror customization would be nice, add the Heartgold & Soulsilver mom "saving" money system. New clothes could be a gift or something you go and buy yourself in some towns and the biggest place in the game. Example: Black & White, Black 2 & White 2 Castelia having a shopping mall like Saffron City in Kanto?

  15. #1290
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zix Serro View Post
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Really? A champion that can't do any super-effective STAB attacks with a team of six maybe-walls that could be destroyed by Fighting attacks (and would be totally useless against any Ghost-types that know non-Ghost attacks)? I dunno about that...
    You're severely underestimating the potential of normal types. Also, the Pokemon League isn't exactly where I go to get a competitive challenge so I'm not going to be worrying about that too much. Normal types are known for having diverse move pools. Here's a sample team to show how boss it can be.

    Staraptor - Deals with fighting STAB
    Blissey - Special Wall and phaser
    Snorlax - Physical powerhouse/mixed wall with curse (Can use Thick Fat to cover Staraptors ice weakness)
    Porygon-z - Special Sweeper
    Porygon2 - Mixed wall with bolt-beam and trace
    Slaking - Physical powerhouse and absorbs physical hits well

    As long as they focus on coverage and defenses, throw in a few priority moves and statuses, a normal team can do pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

    ...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

  16. #1291
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    I would love a normal type champion.
    Sounds interesting but I'd rather have a Poison or Electric type champion especially if there are good new Pokémon this gen to support those types.

  17. #1292
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    I would love a normal type champion.
    Eh. Would just be an okay idea (and yes I did read your team idea), but any type of champion would kinda suck.
    Best strategy: USE A LUCARIO!!!
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  18. #1293
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zix Serro View Post
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Really? A champion that can't do any super-effective STAB attacks with a team of six maybe-walls that could be destroyed by Fighting attacks (and would be totally useless against any Ghost-types that know non-Ghost attacks)? I dunno about that...
    Normal is a huge pain to beat even as a third Gym (even as a second Gym), it would be hell as a Champion. Don't underestimate it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  19. #1294
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    I'm hoping for this for the Elite 4 and Champion to be unique like this;
    Flying
    Rock
    Poison
    Grass

    Champion: Electric

    I want something unique that hasn't been done before.

  20. #1295
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Maybe:
    Champion: Electric
    Elite 4 #4: Flying
    Elite 4 #3: Grass
    Elite 4 #2: Rock
    Elite 4 #1: Ice

    I personally like the idea of each ascending elite 4 being super effective on the last. Who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P


    Fun with SI prefixes:

    What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

    2 kilo Mockingbird

    That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

  21. #1296
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Normal is a huge pain to beat even as a third Gym (even as a second Gym), it would be hell as a Champion. Don't underestimate it.
    That's because by the 2nd/3rd gym there are few fighting types. Well at least with Whitney.
    You could trade a Drowzee for a Machop, get a Heracross(which is useless because it doesn't learn Brick Break to lvl 21), and Geodude/Onix to tank hits. Gastly is not much use as in Gen 4 Miltank has Scrappy and it has no moves that affect Miltank anyway. It was more because Miltank was quite broken by the 3rd gym(80 atk and 100 def is pretty insane) and you had very few resources to take her on. I suppose you could use X items to buff your stats vs. Clefairy but money is quite tight early in the game.
    Lenora did give you a lot more pokemon to choose from. Roggenrola can tank hits, and Pignite, Timburr, Sawk and Throh make it a manageable fight if you headed westwards before the battle. But again, Watchog is still very powerful, so you're screwed without one of the above. Herdier is also very dangerous as well, as STAB Take Down this early in the game can easily 2KO everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  22. #1297
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    Maybe:
    Champion: Electric
    Elite 4 #4: Flying
    Elite 4 #3: Grass
    Elite 4 #2: Rock
    Elite 4 #1: Ice

    I personally like the idea of each ascending elite 4 being super effective on the last. Who knows?
    That... Seems pret good. I love that you want the E4 system to return to preV.

    BW/B2W2 sucked that way.

    E4 1: Normal
    E4 2: Poison
    E4 3: Steel
    E4 4: Ice

    Champy: Mixed.


    There. All trump the previous (don't say about Ice cuz Ice is too good to be spoken by by someone like you)

  23. #1298
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    That... Seems pret good. I love that you want the E4 system to return to preV.

    BW/B2W2 sucked that way.

    E4 1: Normal
    E4 2: Poison
    E4 3: Steel
    E4 4: Ice

    Champy: Mixed.


    There. All trump the previous (don't say about Ice cuz Ice is too good to be spoken by by someone like you)
    I sorta liked being able to choose who to go to first- it meant you could get the harder ones over and done with first.

  24. #1299
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    I sorta liked being able to choose who to go to first- it meant you could get the harder ones over and done with first.
    Eugh. That's exactly why I hated it. Too much freedom, and it sorta randomized your preparing as even though you could choose, you had no control on your Pokémon through this.

    Though it may have had to do with the fact it was outside. Give me echnology when I play Black 2 for Arcues' sake!

  25. #1300
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio... Lets not talk about it
    Posts
    109

    Default

    More female Gym Leaders than male? Just kidding Impossible.

Page 52 of 408 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •