Page 54 of 408 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    Generally I never play as the boy, so I really don't care that the male character looks the same. I like the girl though. Game freak always makes them somewhat different. I mean the first one had kinda blue hair! After that they all had brown hair but they all looked different at least.

They don't seem to put much effort in differentiating the male characters like they do the females.
    My thoughts exactly, Im glad I do too, like you said the effort put in the females designs seem just a tad greater than the male's design to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    As well as the same hat/shirt color scheme. =/

Oh, and not only that, even the same bag design.
    Pretty boring how the past 3 male protagonists have had very little differences between their designs... meh.
    Well, when I said look I meant the faces, though I do understand what you mean. They could have used different colors. But I like Blue so I'm not really bothered by it.

This guy may have to battle Hilbert for favorite male protagonist.

My favorite male protagonist design will always be Brendan. Even though his image was ruined come to find out that the white stuff was not his hair. I'm just gonna keep pretending that it is. :P

Hopefully if they do remake Hoenn they leave his hair just as ambiguous as before.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    My favorite male protagonist design will always be Brendan. Even though his image was ruined come to find out that the white stuff was not his hair. I'm just gonna keep pretending that it is. :P

Hopefully if they do remake Hoenn they leave his hair just as ambiguous as before.
    When I found out the white on his head was a hat and not hair, it ruined the whole image of Brendan I had in my head. I wish it was his hair or they choose a less ridiculous hat. :- (

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Hahaha! I don't see why he receive so much hate. I really like the male and female protagonist.

These are the closest images I could find of the female lead.

http://17f0418678386b4e6860-e4f9fcd9...76x480_q85.jpg

http://17f0418678386b4e6860-e4f9fcd9...76x480_q85.jpg
    Omg she looks gorgeous. Way better than Hilda and Rosa in my opinion. It's nice to finally have a female playable character who looks graceful. I just love that she looks like a princess. Yasss, I definitely want to play as her in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Omg she looks gorgeous. Way better than Hilda and Rosa in my opinion. It's nice to finally have a female playable character who looks graceful. I just love that she looks like a princess. Yasss, I definitely want to play as her in these games.
    Yea, she does look like a princess! XD

I like her more than Rosa, But Hilda still wins over her for me for now. I can't wait until we get official artwork of them both!

Yea, she does look like a princess! XD

I like her more than Rosa, But Hilda still wins over her for me for now. I can't wait until we get official artwork of them both!
    Sucks that we only have unofficial artwork of her though, but I agree with you. Hilda topples over her for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Sucks that we only have unofficial artwork of her though, but I agree with you. Hilda topples over her for me as well.
    Yea!

I hear that it took over a month for them to reveal BW and BW2 protagonists official artwork. Not sure if true but I'm looking forward to February. Though I think their official art should have been shown in the trailer like they showed the starters.

When I found out the white on his head was a hat and not hair, it ruined the whole image of Brendan I had in my head. I wish it was his hair or they choose a less ridiculous hat. :- (
    I still firmly believe his hair is white and that's just a headband... It just looks too much like hair.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    I still firmly believe his hair is white and that's just a headband... It just looks too much like hair.
    Sugimori himself confirmed it's a hat, unfortunately.

I confess I didn't notice this part before, but, if you look closely, Brendan even has dark sideburns (easy to spot on the Emerald artwork).
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

The female character is better, but I dont like her hat. They look even younger?
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    They look even younger?
    Kind of hard to tell at this point.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Sugimori himself confirmed it's a hat, unfortunately.

I confess I didn't notice this part before, but, if you look closely, Brendan even has dark sideburns (easy to spot on the Emerald artwork).
    It's also easy to spot on his Emerald Back Sprite. I guess they wanted to clear the thing up in Emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    They look even younger?
    Can't really tell in their 3D chibi model form. I'll wait until we get some official artwork of them.

Can't really tell in their 3D chibi model form. I'll wait until we get some official artwork of them.
    They sure looked baby-faced from what I saw in the trailer. Maybe they can grow older is gen? As long as the game still uses seasons, then maybe..

If we can't character customize I'll be very upset, allways wanted it.
    I always chose the boy except for crystal
    Which I loved by the way the blue hair was a great change
    Also loved Brendan because of the white hat.
    Not into brown hair seems plain to me.
    Never chosen the female player but I may actually do so this time round if character customization isn't possible.
    But I'll wait for official art work to decide.

Also I'm getting a Cynthia kind of vibe from the female character

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    They sure looked baby-faced from what I saw in the trailer. Maybe they can grow older is gen? As long as the game still uses seasons, then maybe..
    Yea they looked baby faced becuase their models look like Chibi (not actual size models). I'm going to wait until we see some official artwork.

Btw, I love your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    The protagonists seem to be of the older variant again. This didn't really add much for me in BW, other then Cheren being a gymleader two years later being a reasonable decision. Aside from this, I'm just wondering how that guy's wardrobe will translate to Ash in the animé..
    I never really saw much of a corelation between the dex holder's clothes (read way too much Pokemon Adventure) and Ash's clothes. It is a good point though he does look older, kinda like how Red was in GSC/HGSS

The new girl is looking good, but Hilda is still my favorite.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Yea they looked baby faced becuase their models look like Chibi (not actual size models). I'm going to wait until we see some official artwork.

Btw, I love your signature!
    Oh fair enough then, and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Oh fair enough then, and thanks
    You're welcome! Hopefully we see some official art work of them in February, and maybe a Gym Leader.

Does anyone else find the male character to be a little bit too chibi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    Does anyone else find the male character to be a little bit too chibi?
    No? His proportions are just about right, sans the slightly-larger-then-average head (which should be expected; just look at Miis).
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

The characters look quite good in some of the fanart that's out there now. Personally, I think it's time we had another playable character with lighter colored hair! (Hi May) Don't know why but I think it sorta breaks from the mould of darker haired characters.

With the redesign of overworld sprites to be more detailed , I think it's interesting to see if they would still have separate designs for the 'full body' vs. screens. 'Cos right now, it's sorta' half sprite, half full body (ie when the male character looks in the mirror), which explains the larger heads.
    Knarly, dude!

I want to be able to battle Hilbert/Hilda in this game since Gamefreak didn't let us in BW2. Also, I expect other recurring characters to make another return, like N and Cynthia.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

Page 54 of 408 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast