Page 7 of 408 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeofSpades View Post
    Speaking of forests, I wonder who the girl that was running with the Male Player character in the forest was. The one with the pig tails in the trailer.

... Have we found our rival? 8D
    Or sister

Speaking of forests, I wonder who the girl that was running with the Male Player character in the forest was. The one with the pig tails in the trailer.

I was wondering who it was too. Thought it may have been the female player character but she looks too different. Maybe she is the rival.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

So. Statue in picture. Let's discuss, as that's a caractor and I have a conspiracy theory.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/castle.jpg

I see a Golurk, a Palpitoad (to the right, near its feet), and an Eevee (to the right, near its head, in its hand). Who's the guy? Why the Ground-types and the Eevee? They're all native to Unova, those Pokemon; might he be related to a Gen V character, possibly Clay?

Oh, man, I was so busy comparing the male protagonist to egoraptor, I didn't even think about character customization. Now that you guys point it out, it seems likely, what with the mirror in the beginning. This is seriously so exciting.

She looks like Rosa, the main female character from BW2. Maybe the protagonists appear as NPC's depending on gender choice?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    She looks like Rosa, the main female character from BW2. Maybe the protagonists appear as NPC's depending on gender choice?
    or maybe it's just a slight similarity that means nothing because finite number of good NPC designs

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    So. Statue in picture. Let's discuss, as that's a caractor and I have a conspiracy theory.

I see a Golurk, a Palpitoad (to the right, near its feet), and an Eevee (to the right, near its head, in its hand). Who's the guy? Why the Ground-types and the Eevee? They're all native to Unova, those Pokemon; might he be related to a Gen V character, possibly Clay?
    Maybe a ground type eevee to come

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

When I first saw it I thought he/she(Who knows) was some kind of superhero or something, it's kind of hard to make things out though(I barely can even notice the Eevee).

Maybe he's our father or something, and we want to follow in his footsteps to be awesome and whatnot...if not, hopefully we have a father this time, wasn't R/S/E the only time we had a father?
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    When I first saw it I thought he/she(Who knows) was some kind of superhero or something, it's kind of hard to make things out though(I barely can even notice the Eevee).

Maybe he's our father or something, and we want to follow in his footsteps to be awesome and whatnot...if not, hopefully we have a father this time, wasn't R/S/E the only time we had a father?
    Yup. He was a Gym Leader. Also, if having two parents is too huge to ask for, I'd like a single DAD instead of a single MOM, Nintendo.

I think she's too generic looking. Kind of like a Lass or a Lady. So it's kind of odd to me that she would be a main NPC.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I was thinking about names for the MCs. I can totally see the defaults being Wiley and Exie, or something of that sort.

Maybe Xander and Yvonne? Just a thought.

Xander and Yvonne sounds cleaner.

I'm really aching to see the villain though. Some really cool designs could come from the graphics. I'm kind of hoping that it's a female, but I won't be disappointed it it's not.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

What if that is a new feature found in the game similar to the Entralink that lets other players come over to our game? Maybe that character WAS the female NPC and was changed with the customization in the game.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Fantina was said to be French. The games take place in France. So perhaps Fantina could show up. Pokemon games tend to include characters from past gens (DP had Jasmine. HG/SS had Steven, Maylene, and Cynthia. BW had Cynthia again, along with Looker. BW2 had every gym leader/champion from previous gens.)

I really doubt she would have much importance, but you might get to battle her in said game. Its just something that came to mind upon realizing the games were in france. Maybe Fantina was born in the gen 6 region?

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Xander and Yvonne sounds cleaner.

I'm really aching to see the villain though. Some really cool designs could come from the graphics. I'm kind of hoping that it's a female, but I won't be disappointed it it's not.
    Zero? Sounds villainous. Could foreshadow a potential Pokemon Z version but that is going too far. I wonder what theme the villains will have. TR were the mafia. Team Aqua/Magma were about expanding sea/land. Team Galactic wanted to create a new world(?). Old Team Plasma wanted to seperate trainers from Pokemon and had the whole truth/ideas thing and the theme of friends. New Team Plasma is kinda like TR in their agressive portrayal.
    Last edited by Lunanight; 8th January 2013 at 9:30 PM.

Xander and Yvonne sounds very nice.

As for the villain, as long as they're either a female or an attractive male, I'll be satisfied.

Also, just saying, Fantina speaks English instead of French in the Japanese versions.

The male character looks really good to me. I didn't get a good glimpse on the female though, but I'm remembering Hilbert from the new male protagonist.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 8th January 2013 at 9:34 PM.

The male protagonist's design is poor. He looks way too much like a Hilbert-Nate cross. Is that the new recurring theme for the males now? The girl looks much more interesting.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    The male protagonist's design is poor. He looks way too much like a Hilbert-Nate cross. Is that the new recurring theme for the males now? The girl looks much more interesting.
    I agree, he looks very generic. Hopefully you'll be able to customize your character

Pierre and Fontaine as the player characters!

Hoping to see N in 3D, aswell as Ghetsis, Cheren and Bianca, I thinkits important that the Unova characters get closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    Hoping to see N in 3D, aswell as Ghetsis, Cheren and Bianca, I thinkits important that the Unova characters get closure.
    They did.

They were called Black 2 and White 2; popular games, those.

Funny, Ghetsis is missing, N's on some sort of crazy quest, and Cheren and Bianca need development,

Excitable boy I'm pretty sure it was you denying Sixth Gen last night so stfu

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I agree, he looks very generic. Hopefully you'll be able to customize your character
    Well there have been shots of the male character with and without sunglasses as well as him standing in front of a mirror, so I'd say it's likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I just had a thought.

In pretty much every Pokemon game, there are cameos from past characters that come in. So for the first time, we could potentially get 3D models of old characters.
    Who do you want to see in 3D? Oak? Cynthia? Red? They are going to have more detail than ever if they do appear.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I just had a thought.

In pretty much every Pokemon game, there are cameos from past characters that come in. So for the first time, we could potentially get 3D models of old characters.
    Who do you want to see in 3D? Oak? Cynthia? Red? They are going to have more detail than ever if they do appear.
    I doubt we'd actually get detailed versions of them - the characters all look like chibis, if you ask me.

Page 7 of 408 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast