Page 8 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    Funny, Ghetsis is missing,
    Post game the Shadow Triad said he went insane or something.

N's on some sort of crazy quest,
    No, they closed that out too.

and Cheren and Bianca need development,
    That's a pretty loose statement.
    No sig. Deal with it.

How much do guys want to bet Cynthia will be in this game? She's been in every game since her debut. Platinum, HG/SS, B/W, B2/W2...

More off-topic, I wonder if this gen is going to be like Johto and connect back to a previous region which isn't Kanto. You know, since I am tired of having gen 1 shoved down my throat. Moving on, I could see the game being like G/S in that it could be connected to maybe Hoenn or Sinnoh, since HG/SS wasn't THAT long ago so I don't want to see Johto for a while. I know some started with Gen I/II and this may be harsh, but you know marketing the new gen stuff should be Gamefreak's priority. Bias in favour of Gen 3 aside, either Hoenn or Sinnoh have an equal chance of returning as a second region if one showed up.

Back on-topic, I hope for customization of outfits for the characters. Probably with stuff worn by the more known characters. Such as being able to wear Cynthia's jacket or Umbreon-ear-things, or maybe Lance's cape, Red's outfit, or Elesa's BW2 outfit, etc. Probably random stuff, as well as some unlockables like outfits worn by the gym leaders, elite four and champions. The trailer did hint at it, what with the mirror which the male player character was looking into. Seems like a Sims-esque thing to have the mirror to look into for no explained reason, so its probably for customization.

Funny, Ghetsis is missing, N's on some sort of crazy quest, and Cheren and Bianca need development,
    Ghetsis is the only main villain who's been wrapped up; he's had a mental breakdown and is unable to function. N isn't questing, he's at his castle, waiting for Hildabert. Cheren is Aspertia Gym Leader, and Bianca is Juniper's assistant.

What more development do any of them need or want?

Excitable boy I'm pretty sure it was you denying Sixth Gen last night so stfu
    obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Ghetsis is the only main villain who's been wrapped up; he's had a mental breakdown and is unable to function. N isn't questing, he's at his castle, waiting for Hildabert. Cheren is Aspertia Gym Leader, and Bianca is Juniper's assistant.

What more development do any of them need or want?

obviously

Close minded idiot!

Anyways,

does anyone think the regional professor will be female again?

I really want Cheren to appear just because he's my favorite character--maybe he could be the Professor--/shotshot

But anyway, I'm kind of hoping the antagonist this time is unrelated to a Team. Not that I'm not okay with that, but I just wonder how they would go about doing that.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/zyd79d.jpg[/IMG]

I wonder what the villains of this region will look like. I hope the character's names don't start with X or Y

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I liked the girl protagonist better.

The boy looks just like a blander version of Hilbert.
    I agree with this 100%, is there a chance of this not being final? I mean, the games release in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I wonder what the villains of this region will look like. I hope the character's names don't start with X or Y
    I think it's a pretty large possibility that they're starting with X or Y. I could be wrong, but it makes sense that they would use the letters presented.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by nekromedia View Post
    But anyway, I'm kind of hoping the antagonist this time is unrelated to a Team. Not that I'm not okay with that, but I just wonder how they would go about doing that.
    I think it would be a twist if your rival somehow ended up as the main antagonist's right hand in whatever he/she does.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Close minded idiot!
    Well, that invalidates all of my points.

also sigged, just b/c

I suggest you remve me from your sig, last chance

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    I agree with this 100%, is there a chance of this not being final? I mean, the games release in October.
    I hope so as the scenery looked great but the characters and movement looked a bit stiff and wrong except the scene they are running in the woods before they find a pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by *Kyurem* View Post
    I think it would be a twist if your rival somehow ended up as the main antagonist's right hand in whatever he/she does.
    Maybe they have a Face Heel Turn because of the pressure caused by always being one step behind you?

I suggest you remve me from your sig, last chance
    Heh, you're funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Maybe they have a Face Heel Turn because of the pressure caused by always being one step behind you?
    I could see it more as your innocent rival, wanting an edge, turning to the evil team to see what they have to offer, and then becoming more involved in the organization as the game progresses. That could be cool.

Hey guys, I barely post anymore but I thought I'd put in my 2cents on customization.

In the trailer, when the main character uses the vine, his glasses are left behind. A sort of glitch.

But that would imply that glasses aren't a necessity to the main character design, correct?

Customization confirmed.
    Platinum FC: 1247-4609-1676

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW6dDC338YI

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I think it's a pretty large possibility that they're starting with X or Y. I could be wrong, but it makes sense that they would use the letters presented.
    I think it's a big possibility too. Although they do like to play on words (hence why I came up with "Wiley"), so I can see that happening as well. Definitely something around the letters for sure.

I do think the male has to relate to the Y and the female to X though, given the genetics theme of the game.

My first thought when I saw the protagonists was CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION!!! I didn't get a good look at the girl but the guy look like ***. Seriously..:
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I hope so as the scenery looked great but the characters and movement looked a bit stiff and wrong except the scene they are running in the woods before they find a pikachu
    It didn't seem that stiff to me. The rollerblading animation looked very smooth. The only one that stood out was the web jumping animation and even that one wasn't that bad.

I should go ahead and get this out of the way, Male character > Female character. This might change when the official artwork comes out however.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

What if there's two evil coorperations in these games, like in R/S/E. You could have like Team Femme who only use Miltank, Jynx, Kangaskhan, Nidoqueen, Illumise, Gothita, Mismagius etc. who worship the legendary deer. The deer is actually a symbol of Greek godess Artemis. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. In later Hellenistic times, she even assumed the ancient role of Eileithyia in aiding childbirth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

and Team Homme who use pokemon like Tauros, Volbeat, Machamp, Nidoking, etc. who worship the bird like pokémon, who were sacred to Male Greek God Ares. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stymphalian_birds

Woud make sense with the X/Y Chromosome thing. I don't know I'm just using my imagination lol.
    Last edited by FlyAsADunsparce; 8th January 2013 at 11:26 PM.

As long as they have interesting backstories/a good plot in general I don't care what they do~

Obviously CERN mad scientists.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    What if there's two evil coorperations in these games, like in R/S/E. You could have like Team Femme who only use Miltank, Jynx, Kangaskhan, Nidoqueen, Illumise, Gothita, Mismagius etc. who worship the legendary deer. The deer is actually a symbol of Greek godess Artemis. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. In later Hellenistic times, she even assumed the ancient role of Eileithyia in aiding childbirth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

and Team Homme who use pokemon like Tauros, Volbeat, Machamp, Nidoking, etc. who worship the bird like pokémon, who were sacred to Male Greek God Ares. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stymphalian_birds

Woud make sense with the X/Y Chromosome thing. I don't know I'm just using my imagination lol.
    This is very interesting. I'm greatly looking forward to what Game Freak does with all of this. The games are certainly becoming more thought out.

The female character looked like she had blonde hair, well it's about F*****g time!

Black 2 FC
    Reisha
    4084 4240 1032
    The giveaway ended the winner of the Keldeo was ZakRs1
    Another Keldeo giveaway is available in my shop.

all my trades are available in my Excalibur Trade shop.

I don't know.. didn't have a good glance at the female character but so far I love them. If they are customizable I would love it even more! ^_^ Yes even if the male looked like Hilbert >.> I like Hilbert <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Page 8 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast