Page 112 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Sounds kind of boring. What would their overall goal be? Just doing illegal things doesn't make them that interesting. This is the same franchise where an evil team's goal was to destroy the universe and create a new one. I think we can do better than just resorting back to criminal activity.
    Especially since mindless crime isn't all that realistic. There isn't a single "criminal" out there--be they a terrorist, a rapist, a simple thief, a drug dealer, or the guy who just blew that stop sign--who doesn't believe that anything they're doing is justified in some way. For all of their sinister villainy, Team Rocket's criminal behaviors were usually mindless, and therefore really stupid.

I wouldn't mind it if this region didn't have a "Team ____" running around. Having a couple different "bad" people would be a nice change. Hell, even having a villainous group that doesn't refer to themselves as "Team ____" would be phenomenal.

If there is a group of some kind, having their actions be especially sinister, like Pokemon experimentation or genetic alteration of Pokemon, would be quite interesting. To have to fight a villainous group outfitted with "hacked" Pokemon (which would revert to normal Pokemon if a cheat is used to catch them) would be a great challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Especially since mindless crime isn't all that realistic. There isn't a single "criminal" out there--be they a terrorist, a rapist, a simple thief, a drug dealer, or the guy who just blew that stop sign--who doesn't believe that anything they're doing is justified in some way. For all of their sinister villainy, Team Rocket's criminal behaviors were usually mindless, and therefore really stupid.

I wouldn't mind it if this region didn't have a "Team ____" running around. Having a couple different "bad" people would be a nice change. Hell, even having a villainous group that doesn't refer to themselves as "Team ____" would be phenomenal.

If there is a group of some kind, having their actions be especially sinister, like Pokemon experimentation or genetic alteration of Pokemon, would be quite interesting. To have to fight a villainous group outfitted with "hacked" Pokemon (which would revert to normal Pokemon if a cheat is used to catch them) would be a great challenge.
    I never thought about not having to challenge a team since it is so traditionally a part of the whole Pokemon formula but it sounds so fantastic. I would love to just have the story be about a group of scientists who are immorally making Pokemon test subjects of horrid experiments. It would be almost like a step up from the Gen 5 premise. From mistreating Pokemon to outright destroying them.

I also love the altered Pokemon idea. Like having to battle a Pokemon with an extra type or ability or obnoxiously heightened stats. I think it would be neat if we could save them, too. Sort of like how we could save the shadow Pokemon in Colosseum. We could catch these altered Pokemon and not be able to use them until we have taken them to be healed at a Pokemon Center, in which case they would be reverted back to their original states.

Sorry if that deviated too far from your original concept, your idea just got me thinking a lot about my ideal storyline.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

While the experimentation idea is interesting, the people performing the experiments need a goal. How can they benefit from changing Pokemon to be more powerful? World domination is overdone so not that. I'm seriously drawing a blank on a goal.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

While the experimentation idea is interesting, the people performing the experiments need a goal. How can they benefit from changing Pokemon to be more powerful? World domination is overdone so not that. I'm seriously drawing a blank on a goal.
    Perhaps it could be for the use of a large corporation. Maybe a company has set their sights on revolutionizing battling. They want everyone to think they are this safe and moral company that harmlessly upgrades Pokemon to extreme new levels. But what's really happening behind the curtain is that they have a group of scientists capturing Pokemon to test cruel experiments on. So our character somehow finds out, maybe through a family member or friend with ties to the company or a rogue employee or maybe the new professor is a former employee and asks you to help him take down the company.

Just spitballing, but I like it.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Maybe a company has set their sights on revolutionizing battling.
    Now this, this is good. They feel Pokemon battles could be so much more so they try and change it through modifying the Pokemon. The good guys find out and feel like the bad guys shouldn't change living things just for their own enjoyment. Throw in some backstory and some interesting characters like N and you've got a good Pokemon story.

They want everyone to think they are this safe and moral company that harmlessly upgrades Pokemon to extreme new levels. But what's really happening behind the curtain is that they have a group of scientists capturing Pokemon to test cruel experiments on.
    Reminds me of Team Galactic or Team Dim Sun so ehhh.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Now this, this is good. They feel Pokemon battles could be so much more so they try and change it through modifying the Pokemon. The good guys find out and feel like the bad guys shouldn't change living things just for their own enjoyment. Throw in some backstory and some interesting characters like N and you've got a good Pokemon story.

Reminds me of Team Galactic or Team Dim Sun so ehhh.
    Either way, I think the corporation idea has potential. We could see all these advertisements in-game where the company is almost like Nazi Germany: spreading extreme amounts of propaganda promoting their ideals while not many see the true evils in what they're doing until it's almost too late.

Perhaps it could be for the use of a large corporation. Maybe a company has set their sights on revolutionizing battling. They want everyone to think they are this safe and moral company that harmlessly upgrades Pokemon to extreme new levels. But what's really happening behind the curtain is that they have a group of scientists capturing Pokemon to test cruel experiments on. So our character somehow finds out, maybe through a family member or friend with ties to the company or a rogue employee or maybe the new professor is a former employee and asks you to help him take down the company.

Just spitballing, but I like it.
    Here was an idea I sort of thought a while ago that I could see tying into this. I was thinking that what if the evil organization had taken over the Pokemon league and was running it like a business while working on plans to further control everything in the _______ Region, and then the world, blah blah blah. But also I was thinking the old Gym Leaders created a seemingly evil group to try and stop them, that you end up battling a lot. And as you progress through the game you start to notice that the good guys don't seem all good and so you join the forcefully retired gym leaders in battle to save the world. Slap in a touching ending, maybe a plot twist involving a family member running the evil organization, and the XY story could be one everyone will remember.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Here was an idea I sort of thought a while ago that I could see tying into this. I was thinking that what if the evil organization had taken over the Pokemon league and was running it like a business while working on plans to further control everything in the _______ Region, and then the world, blah blah blah. But also I was thinking the old Gym Leaders created a seemingly evil group to try and stop them, that you end up battling a lot. And as you progress through the game you start to notice that the good guys don't seem all good and so you join the forcefully retired gym leaders in battle to save the world. Slap in a touching ending, maybe a plot twist involving a family member running the evil organization, and the XY story could be one everyone will remember.
    I like most of that. I'm honestly not sure I understand the part about the gym leaders appearing as evil, but it all sounds cool. What if the story seemed like the typical Pokemon storyline where you battle gym leaders for badges and all but the gym leaders are actually just corrupt employees of the corporation and they all use fairly similar Pokemon. So, around the 6th badge or so, you finally take down the organization enough for them to release their power over the league. At this point, you start over at gym one but with an actual gym leader from there on. You progress through the recovered gyms (similar to Gen 2's Kanto gyms in regards to levels) and eventually battle the E4. Once you have defeated the real Pokemon League, an event happens where you battle the CEO of the corporation.

This all might sound ridiculous but I like it for three reasons:
    1. Way different than anything we've seen yet.
    2. Basically getting 14 gyms instead of the usual 8.
    3. More storyline post-game.

I like most of that. I'm honestly not sure I understand the part about the gym leaders appearing as evil, but it all sounds cool. What if the story seemed like the typical Pokemon storyline where you battle gym leaders for badges and all but the gym leaders are actually just corrupt employees of the corporation and they all use fairly similar Pokemon. So, around the 6th badge or so, you finally take down the organization enough for them to release their power over the league. At this point, you start over at gym one but with an actual gym leader from there on. You progress through the recovered gyms (similar to Gen 2's Kanto gyms in regards to levels) and eventually battle the E4. Once you have defeated the real Pokemon League, an event happens where you battle the CEO of the corporation.

This all might sound ridiculous but I like it for three reasons:
    1. Way different than anything we've seen yet.
    2. Basically getting 14 gyms instead of the usual 8.
    3. More storyline post-game.
    Sorry to waste a post for this, but I was going off what you said about the corporation appearing as a entity of good and just operations. There by implying the old Gym Leaders appearing as radicals, anarchists, or even terrorists to the eyes of the public.

Anyway, I did have a question. When you say starting over, do you mean with the same Gyms and Gym Badges or the Gyms and Gym Badges that were suppose to be?

Sorry to waste a post for this, but I was going off what you said about the corporation appearing as a entity of good and just operations. There by implying the old Gym Leaders appearing as radicals, anarchists, or even terrorists to the eyes of the public.

Anyway, I did have a question. When you say starting over, do you mean with the same Gyms and Gym Badges or the Gyms and Gym Badges that were suppose to be?
    Gotcha. Makes sense now.

I meant for the same gyms to be used, just that basically the matches you endured against the corporation members didn't count and you had to go back through the same gym buildings, only battling different leaders and gaining the real badges.

Gotcha. Makes sense now.

I meant for the same gyms to be used, just that basically the matches you endured against the corporation members didn't count and you had to go back through the same gym buildings, only battling different leaders and gaining the real badges.
    Oh, okay. So like the first time around the badges could look like the real ones, but have the team's symbol on there or something proving they're fake when compared to the real ones.

Oh, okay. So like the first time around the badges could look like the real ones, but have the team's symbol on there or something proving they're fake when compared to the real ones.
    Essentially, yeah. Fake in the sense that they aren't a true test of battling since they are only members of the company looking for means to an end.

Maybe an idea,
    What if this region is corrupt and there is a 'Team Goodguy' who you help the entire game to free the region.
    But after you became champion you find out that team goodguy not only has good plans, but try to take over the region instead, so you have to take them out.
    Sorry for my English but i think this will be a nice post game and finally something new. thoughts?

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for more action Post-E4.
    Like, where the enemy team/corporation actually have level 80 or 90 Pokemon. And it makes more sense for more problems to pop up after you become the Champion, since you're supposed to be famous and stuff.

I was thinking what if the evil team was conducting research and planning to use the X/Y Legendary's special ability, or what I seeing is the genetic data of the said Pokemon, to remodel/reform/recreate the natural behavior/power/strength/ability of Pokemon through its DNA. On other words, they want to make every single Pokemon "perfect" and more useful to human, due to their dissatisfaction to imperfect-ity and the discrimination to the ones who appeared weak by the eyes of cruel human...

Its up to the protagonist, who believes every Pokemon are at the same level in the society and the eyes of humans, to stop their evil schemes and let Pokemon to be what they really are...

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    Maybe an idea,
    What if this region is corrupt and there is a 'Team Goodguy' who you help the entire game to free the region.
    But after you became champion you find out that team goodguy not only has good plans, but try to take over the region instead, so you have to take them out.
    Sorry for my English but i think this will be a nice post game and finally something new. thoughts?
    So, kind of like how Team Aqua and Mgma were in Emerald? Both were helping you in the beginning, and were really only teue adversaries after you got to battling your dad.

Anyway, I hope for post E-4 Evil Plots, as long as they're bigger than Charon's "money is everying" Stark Mountain gig. (Sevii TR Branch was a good size)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    So, kind of like how Team Aqua and Mgma were in Emerald? Both were helping you in the beginning, and were really only teue adversaries after you got to battling your dad.

Anyway, I hope for post E-4 Evil Plots, as long as they're bigger than Charon's "money is everying" Stark Mountain gig. (Sevii TR Branch was a good size)

I agree. I used to hate how the Evil Team just calls it quitsies after you beat they're leader like once of twice.

Maybe version-exclusive Teams? Like in X, Team 'X' is your main enemy, you beat them, and then Team 'Y' come out of hiding due to no rivals? and Vice-Versa. And while you were busy with Xerneas/Yvetal, the evil team has obtained the other?

I know this belongs in the legends section, but perhaps it'll be like HG/SS and you can catch the other mascot? It'd make more sense for the Post-League team.

Yeah, it'd be nice being able to catch both legends; I like being the OT.

Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    I was thinking what if the evil team was conducting research and planning to use the X/Y Legendary's special ability, or what I seeing is the genetic data of the said Pokemon, to remodel/reform/recreate the natural behavior/power/strength/ability of Pokemon through its DNA. On other words, they want to make every single Pokemon "perfect" and more useful to human, due to their dissatisfaction to imperfect-ity and the discrimination to the ones who appeared weak by the eyes of cruel human...

Its up to the protagonist, who believes every Pokemon are at the same level in the society and the eyes of humans, to stop their evil schemes and let Pokemon to be what they really are...
    Wouldn't it be better if they let you decide if you think all Pokemon are equal etc?
    Great idea, but maybe people want to choose what they do, instead of being the dude/dudette who delivers 'justice' over & over.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I agree. I used to hate how the Evil Team just calls it quitsies after you beat they're leader like once of twice.

Maybe version-exclusive Teams? Like in X, Team 'X' is your main enemy, you beat them, and then Team 'Y' come out of hiding due to no rivals? and Vice-Versa. And while you were busy with Xerneas/Yvetal, the evil team has obtained the other?

I know this belongs in the legends section, but perhaps it'll be like HG/SS and you can catch the other mascot? It'd make more sense for the Post-League team.
    That would be great honestly! GF take notes

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

That sounds a bit like how Aqua and Magma were version exclusives. Unless you meant something else.

That sounds a bit like how Aqua and Magma were version exclusives. Unless you meant something else.
    I think he meant that both evil teams are in the game like Aqua and Magma but unlike Ruby and Sapphire, the other team starts to attack you as nothing will have competition with them.

Personally I love this idea, it's nice to have more post game content.

I think the next evil team's name will start with S. Why?
    Galactic
    Rocket
    Aqua
    Magma
    Plasma

Spells GRAMP. Gary calls oak gramps!

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    I think the next evil team's name will start with S. Why?
    Galactic
    Rocket
    Aqua
    Magma
    Plasma

Spells GRAMP. Gary calls oak gramps!
    Ar you suggesting prof. oak is responsible for all evil in the pokemon world?

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Plot twist?

Anyway, I really hope that the regional champion's team isn't associated with one type, but has several types in his/her team.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    He certainly seems the most knowledgeable. I cannot see this happening though. I mean prof oak is too nice to be evil.

Page 112 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast