Page 183 of 408 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Tierno? That's "sweet" in English, I wonder if the Spanish dub (Spain and Mexico) are going to leave it like that, since it provides itself to get mocked very easily, lol-

Ugh so is it Yvonne and Xavier or Calem/Callum and Serena? I am very confused here. at E3 it was most definitely Yvonne and Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Ugh so is it Yvonne and Xavier or Calem/Callum and Serena? I am very confused here. at E3 it was most definitely Yvonne and Xavier.
    As Player Avatars, they're Xavier and Yvonne.

As Rivals, they're Calem and Serena.

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    My friend came up with a very interesting theory. Now all this is just speculation but she said the story in Kalos will likely take place 20 years after the incident in B2W2. Rosa is now the champion of Unova and Sana is her ten year old daughter. The GTS is now defunct and has been replaced by a new server called the PSS, accessible from anywhere from the little wris****ch the protag wears, which will likely have a holographic display. The new fairy type came about from years of research into cosmic energies and how they are found in some pokemon,
    Well that sound cool, yet not quite possible... 20 years in pokemon world, its like 200 years in our's, (in technology) so this game should be in outer space, with space colonies, you know, like in many sci fi movies, with Mecha-Type insted of Fairy-Type and some futuristic looking characters... These trio we saw, Sana, Orange Head and Chubby, kinda reminds me of stereotypes in Anime, like the Bff, the partially good friend and the hard-shelled one, so... My theory is, that with this game, we will se a anime-esque course of the story, something like "Well, now the professor gave me a fire-breathing monster, a spensive gear, some weird advises, so, I will travel arround the region, with my best friends, to save the world, catch many monsters and become a pokemon master! and all in 30 gameplay hours!" pretty much the same that before, but this time we will have some true interaction with many characters, making everything less lineal and basic.

"Karlos, look me in the eyes and tell me you Love Pokemon more than you Love me... I dare you..." -Matthew Knight.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/voboy1.png[/IMG]
    I'm your tiny birdy!! (I drew it)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Makes sense.

What doesn't though is the name Calem. WTF is that?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'd hope so, I like Yvonne and Xavier because it matches the versions. Like Sean and Landon for Brendan did for R/S

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Makes sense.

What doesn't though is the name Calem. WTF is that?
    I think it's pronounced Kay-lem, I've heard of someone with that name so it sounds normal to me.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

But we can re-name them as a player avatar, right?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Those anyone thinks Alexa maybe something else than a reporter maybe the champion, elite four or an undercover international police?
    I'm thinking she's hiding something too. She just seems so random. I mean she seems cool, but she also seems pretty useless.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Huh, so the player characters have different names depending on who you play as? Interesting... Yvonne and Xavier certainly fit well with the versions, although I do like the Serena and Calem names too.

And multiple rival characters? Seems interesting, depending on what they're doing with that.
    Formerly known as EeveeandKirliafan.

Check out my fanfic! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Reflecting Balance

Latest chapter: Chapter 39: "I... I really didn’t mean for it to turn out this way…"

Also, for those interested in Winx Club: A Wizard's Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I'm thinking she's hiding something too. She just seems so random. I mean she seems cool, but she also seems pretty useless.
    I think she'll just be like Scott in emerald or Looker in Pt, she probably just lets you use her gogoat and that's about all, nothing game breaking. She appears in the anime rather early with a helioptile and Gogoat so I doubt she has significance as a trainer.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerShining View Post
    Huh, so the player characters have different names depending on who you play as? Interesting... Yvonne and Xavier certainly fit well with the versions, although I do like the Serena and Calem names too.

And multiple rival characters? Seems interesting, depending on what they're doing with that.
    I don't understand this?

The Player Character names are Serena if you choose the Male Player Character and Callen if you choose the Female Player Character they don't have different names

Everytime I hear someone call Calem and Serena, Xavier or Yvonne, my brain cells die a little.

...No. As player characters, they are whatever you choose them to be. Their official names, stemming from their names as rivals, are Calem and Serena. Xavier and Yvonne are NOT official names. They are the names chosen for a trailer. That's all. The names Xavier and Yvonne are as UNofficial as Black2 and White2 where.

Ugh, I thought this stupid name thing would end already. It was obvious from the get go that those wouldn't be the official names. They do this EVERY GAME. EVERY game has a trailer where the player character is named after something representing the game versions. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Soul, Heart, Blair, Whitlea, Black2, White2, Xavier, and Yvonne were NEVER in the running of becoming official names, yet every year the fandom convince themselves again and again. -_- Well anyone ever learn? The official protagonists names will NEVER have anything to do with the official games. Ever. They Haven't since the original RBG.

-sigh-

Rant over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Or like the names Blair and Whitlea, they're beta names.

It seems rather random to just show Alexa, I'm sure she has some important role. I can see her appearing in various locations, but she looks rather tame to be the Champion. She might be an Elite Four member, or possibly help you with the evil team.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    It seems rather random to just show Alexa, I'm sure she has some important role. I can see her appearing in various locations, but she looks rather tame to be the Champion. She might be an Elite Four member, or possibly help you with the evil team.
    she may be reporting about trainers that defeat Gym Leader the E4/Champion and about the evil team you might see on tv around the region aswel

Or she leads the evil team! Spoiler alert

Edit: Also, why are there random pictures on the supporting characters page?

Maybe she'll be like Cameron from HG/SS and take pics of you and your team
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

She might not be too important imo. She could be another Scott in that she wanders around looking for strong trainers with potential. Perhaps Gabby and Ty from R/S/E would be more accurate comparisons though since they were reporters too and they often battled us and asked for interviews. I don't think Alexa is a Champion or anything like that, just a wandering reporter of sorts.

Judging by the pictures, I think that after reaching Route 3 Shauna & Serena/Calem travel by themselves, while Trevor & Tierno travel together
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 14th June 2013 at 11:39 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I think she will be similar to Booker in Pokemon Platnuim .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Judging by the pictures, I think that Shauna & Serena/Calem travel by themselves, while Trevor & Tierno travel together
    I think Serena/Calem and the player are the main rivals of the game, and since Shauna likes to know how's doing the player in its journey, I think she'll be more recurrent than the other two. And since Tierno wants to improve his dance skills and Trevor wants to complete the Pokédex, they can't follow the same road unless they want to mess up the other's dream. But yes, I think Shauna's gonna more be on the player's side (look at her cheerful attitude toward the player, even giving it a sweet nickname) and the counterpart, since they will basically be rivals.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 14th June 2013 at 11:44 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I think Alexa is gonna have a role like Fennel did. She'll give you something important and then you will never talk to her again for the rest of the game.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Serena: Serene
    Calem: Calm?

Is the theme here peace and... not war- something else?

Alexa... Alexa.... It has an X in it? Hex- Ghost type leader/E4? Exa- Fairy type because of them being linked to external celestial bodies? Though Pansy... I dunno about that :S

Jus' speculatin' =P

Oh and has anyone cracked the horrible pun for Viola yet or is it staring me right in the face?
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Serena: Serene
    Calem: Calm?

Is the theme here peace and... not war- something else?

Alexa... Alexa.... It has an X in it? Hex- Ghost type leader/E4? Exa- Fairy type because of them being linked to external celestial bodies? Though Pansy... I dunno about that :S

Jus' speculatin' =P

Oh and has anyone cracked the horrible pun for Viola yet or is it staring me right in the face?
    Well, if Alexa's because it has an "X" with it, then maybe it's because Viola has the "Y" sound in it
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Just realised a cool thing, when we see Violas' intro screen in the background you can see the Gym logo and what looks like a badge???

nvm, I think it's the region 'Star' that appears on the pokedex.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Page 183 of 408 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast