Page 37 of 408 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I could see it happening. Its not the first time poke'scientists have tried to engineer "super" pokemon: Mewtwo.

i see, also YOUR #900!
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    Really? I had a hard time with them.
    Pure-type E4 are hard to deal with if they find a way to get rid of your advantage pokemon (e.g. Lucian knocked out both my Houndoom and Empoleon on sinnoh, I almost lost after that but I bounced back). With miscellaneous types anything goes and it's easier for me to set-up on them Kind of like an online battle where people rarely use the same types. I guess I'm just sued to facing miscellaneous types.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by BLADEDGE View Post
    i see, also YOUR #900!
    I'm #900, I'm sorry but what do you mean?

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I'm #900, I'm sorry but what do you mean?
    I think he means you made the 900th post.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

This may be a disturbing question:

with the theme of DNA (Aperently as i can see a helex in the JP logos), will the Evil orginizaton be trying to create a type of Master Race?
    I'm not so sure about a master race since that concept would be a bit much for a kids game. But I can see them genetically modifying Pokemon to make them stronger.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    Pure-type E4 are hard to deal with if they find a way to get rid of your advantage pokemon (e.g. Lucian knocked out both my Houndoom and Empoleon on sinnoh, I almost lost after that but I bounced back). With miscellaneous types anything goes and it's easier for me to set-up on them Kind of like an online battle where people rarely use the same types. I guess I'm just sued to facing miscellaneous types.
    That's true of multitype Elite 4 members as well, they always pack moves that counter their weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    I agree, single-type trainers are a lot harder to deal with than trainers that have an assortment of Pokemon. Like in the Johto League, I got beaten several times by the Dark-Type Elite Four member but just quit and restarted

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I'm not so sure about a master race since that concept would be a bit much for a kids game. But I can see them genetically modifying Pokemon to make them stronger.
    I don't see why they should keep it a kids game. Probably over 50% of people who play the Pokemon games would be teens or adults. It needs to be more 'mature'.

On a completely unrelated sidenote I had some good ideas (I think) for rivals:

The female rival (I imagine her with a Chespin or Fennekin):

She is the main rival and is always determinted to beat you in battle, but outside of it she is quite a kind person but has a hot temper. She also wants to creme the evil organization of the region since her father is one of the bosses of it.

The male rival (I imagine him with a Froakie or Chespin):

He is like the Bianca of this generation (the less-main rival) and is a smarty pants, you is a battle-wiz (sort of like Cheren but with mroe strategy). He is quite calm and quiet, but when it comes to Pokemon there's no stopping him. He's also a soar loser, so if you beat him he'll storm off.

These are just what I'd like to see in rivals. The male one doesn't really ahve a back story unlike the female one but is just there for the real tough battles.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    I don't see why they should keep it a kids game. Probably over 50% of people who play the Pokemon games would be teens or adults. It needs to be more 'mature'.
    Sorry but I completely disagree, besides these games are targeted at Japanese children. The makers of the games wouldn't mind if their games sold only Japan, that's what they are made for.
    {Insert signature here}

Just because a certain demographic of people play Pokemon doesn't mean that it's GameFreak's intended demographic. The game has been and still is marketed for children, the franchise simply doesn't grow with you.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeaussie37 View Post
    Sorry but I completely disagree, besides these games are targeted at Japanese children. The makers of the games wouldn't mind if their games sold only Japan, that's what they are made for.
    Yes, but the Japanese makers are now considering all of the other players around the world. Even though in Japan it's mainly targeted at kids, around the other parts of the world there's people at all (sort of) ages that play it. That's why in Generation V the protoganists were older and the game seemed to be aimed for a little bit of a higher age group (I'd say it moved up about 2 years), yet the anime seemed like it dropped two years in age, which was kind of dissapointing.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Just because a certain demographic of people play Pokemon doesn't mean that it's GameFreak's intended demographic. The game has been and still is marketed for children, the franchise simply doesn't grow with you.
    Ok, I do suppose you're right there... I conclude, you guys win.

Yes, but the Japanese makers are now considering all of the other players around the world. Even though in Japan it's mainly targeted at kids, around the other parts of the world there's people at all (sort of) ages that play it. That's why in Generation V the protoganists were older and the game seemed to be aimed for a little bit of a higher age group (I'd say it moved up about 2 years), yet the anime seemed like it dropped two years in age, which was kind of dissapointing.
    the protagonists in BW2 looked younger though. So any reason for reverting back to the young design?
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    You say its a kids game,
    yet the idea of reconstructing the universe back in diamond and pearl wasn't "to much"

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Rival-A Female Trainer who receives her first pokemon along with the PC(She picks the Starter with the advantage over yours).A bit of a over-confident girl who always wants to beat you in battle.She is a sore-loser when she is beaten by you,but she is still determined to get to the 'France' League by collecting 8 Badges.She is also determined to take down the evil team as she thinks cloning legendary pokemon and using them for evil purposes is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Rival-A Female Trainer who receives her first pokemon along with the PC(She picks the Starter with the advantage over yours).A bit of a over-confident girl who always wants to beat you in battle.She is a sore-loser when she is beaten by you,but she is still determined to get to the 'France' League by collecting 8 Badges.She is also determined to take down the evil team as she thinks cloning legendary pokemon and using them for evil purposes is wrong.
    That's generally what a normal rival is.

Edit - Is it just me or is the X and Y section updating much slower than it used to. Guess the hype has kinda gone.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 14th January 2013 at 9:37 AM.

This may be a disturbing question:

with the theme of DNA (Aperently as i can see a helex in the JP logos), will the Evil orginizaton be trying to create a type of Master Race?
    It amuses me that somehow DNA helices immediately equate to Pokémon Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Edit - Is it just me or is the X and Y section updating much slower than it used to. Guess the hype has kinda gone.
    I think a lot of us are just asleep (as I soon will be) or otherwise preoccupied. Plus, we've been a little starved on updates lately.
    Last edited by Endolise; 14th January 2013 at 10:15 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I think a lot of us are just asleep (as I soon will be) or otherwise preoccupied. Plus, we've been a little starved on updates lately.
    Oh yeah, The time zones are totally different. Maybe that's why.
    Also, I think we have practically squeezed all info out of the trailer, there is nothing much to speculate now, I guess.

I don't think an evil organization trying to make a "master" type or Pokemon would be a bad idea, but basing it around France and having any connection to Nazi's or WWII would end in all kinds of uproars.
    #BuyUltraviolance

You say its a kids game,
    yet the idea of reconstructing the universe back in diamond and pearl wasn't "to much"
    that was actually a cool story IMO really made it feel like stopping team galactic was actually a priority and they were actually quite dangerous, Unlike teams Rocket, Aqua and magma, even plasma to some extent.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I don't think an evil organization trying to make a "master" type or Pokemon would be a bad idea, but basing it around France and having any connection to Nazi's or WWII would end in all kinds of uproars.
    I told you it was a disturbing question
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

I'd like two rivals, so all starters get used
    The one weak to urs been ur friend
    And the one with the advantage been a rival who is over confident

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I think as long as the evil team doesn't bear a strong resemblance to Nazis it should be fine. That is a pretty awesome idea, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think as long as the evil team doesn't bear a strong resemblance to Nazis it should be fine. That is a pretty awesome idea, though.
    I only stated that the Team may use this concept, not Be Designed Like the Waffen SS

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'd like two rivals, so all starters get used
    The one weak to urs been ur friend
    And the one with the advantage been a rival who is over confident
    That's very original of you...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

The only thing that makes me think it may not be customization with the characters is that it could just be the first shot of the game. You're in your house, you're going to be seeing your back for a lot of the game, its a solid look at your own face before setting off into the world.

Page 37 of 408 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast