Page 61 of 408 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

For a professor I would love it if we had a child professor sorta like a child prodigy.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    For a professor I would love it if we had a child professor sorta like a child prodigy.
    That actually sounds like an interesting concept. On a related note, would you rather have the prodigy professor act like an adult, or would you rather have the kid act their age?
    Last edited by Pyrax; 30th January 2013 at 12:29 PM.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrax View Post
    That actually sounds like an interesting concept. On a related note, would you rather have the prodigy professor act like an adult, or would you rather have the kid act their age?
    I would rather they act their age. I think it would add some nice irony and humor to the game. Plus it would be so cute :3

That sounds interesting ! It would surely be funnier with a child that runs everywhere. Indeed that's cute ! :P
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

This reminds me of the new Q in Skyfall.
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Cool as that would be, pokemon has thus far kept with the logic that to be a professor one needs experience (and probably something akin to a doctorate). Although, they could still have something like this in the form of the professor's child. They could be too young to be a trainer so they aren't a rival like Brendan and May were, but they serve a similar purpose to Dawn or Lucas, giving you HMs and key items instead of a generic lab aide.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I see the new professor styled similar to a princess.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    I see the new professor styled similar to a princess.
    No Offense but that would be bad..

That gives me an idea:

*stumbles in drunk*
    So hey guys... lemme tell you something...What if, just imagine IF... the professor...just think man...what'd happen if the professor was your rival. Because Wynaut.

Oh wait, what's that? Bianca? Oh okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Maybe a professor with a alchohol problem?
    In your journey you come across a rehab center and you then will help this professor.
    If he stays one week in there you will get 100000 pokédollars, if he escapes you must pay a fine...
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Maybe a professor with a alchohol problem?
    In your journey you come across a rehab center and you then will help this professor.
    If he stays one week in there you will get 100000 pokédollars, if he escapes you must pay a fine...
    Bit dark for a game primarily targeted at a child audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutland's Moustache View Post
    Bit dark for a game primarily targeted at a child audience.
    Bit naive to not realize it was a joke.

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

the proffesor must be prof.pine and then my name on the global link won't look so bad!
    http://forums.pokemonplus.net/index....rals&reff=1023<-click plz or use ye5 as refferer

Looking for: Metang safari only please message me I really need one.

My 3ds is 4167 5084 5892 Friend safari is Rufflet, Woobat, and Spearow!
    [/FONT]

I think having a rival who is antagonistic is better for the story as a whole. They can always shoehorn other characters in for the 'friendly' element that recent games seem to need. They don't need to be a flat-out villain like Silver was (to begin with anyway) but it'd be cool if you could get really invested in beating your rival. Random encounters with them would be awesome too.

Not much to say as far as who the professor him or herself should be, but it'd be kinda cool if they were confined to a wheelchair or something, making them entirely incapable of going out to do research themselves.
    Better than Oak. "I'M TOO OLD."
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Not much to say as far as who the professor him or herself should be, but it'd be kinda cool if they were confined to a wheelchair or something, making them entirely incapable of going out to do research themselves.
    Better than Oak. "I'M TOO OLD."
    Well, to be honest, one professor can't be in many places at once. It's better just to have many "assistants" who are willing to carry out the research for you while enjoying themselves. Still, a wheelchair-bound professor would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Cool as that would be, pokemon has thus far kept with the logic that to be a professor one needs experience (and probably something akin to a doctorate). Although, they could still have something like this in the form of the professor's child. They could be too young to be a trainer so they aren't a rival like Brendan and May were, but they serve a similar purpose to Dawn or Lucas, giving you HMs and key items instead of a generic lab aide.
    Well the same can be said about the champion yet look at Blue and Iris. Remember experience and age does necessarily mean smarter, better or wiser. But the professor's child would be nice too. Perhaps a past professor's child? Maybe professor Juniper's Daughter or son?

Well the same can be said about the champion yet look at Blue and Iris. Remember experience and age does necessarily mean smarter, better or wiser. But the professor's child would be nice too. Perhaps a past professor's child? Maybe professor Juniper's Daughter or son?
    Not really. See, a champion position is something you gain by winning a lot of gyms and beating the e4. Pretty much anyone can do it, within a reasonable time frame and with enough motivation. You don't need any more knowledge than the practical experience gained through battles. So long as they're strong enough, any idiot can be champion. Being a professor requires extensive knowledge about pokemon as a whole, something that a child cannot reasonably be expected to have. There's a reason 14 year olds aren't teaching college courses.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Not really. See, a champion position is something you gain by winning a lot of gyms and beating the e4. Pretty much anyone can do it, within a reasonable time frame and with enough motivation. You don't need any more knowledge than the practical experience gained through battles. So long as they're strong enough, any idiot can be champion. Being a professor requires extensive knowledge about pokemon as a whole, something that a child cannot reasonably be expected to have. There's a reason 14 year olds aren't teaching college courses.
    Agreed, a professor is exactly that, a PROFESSOR with a degree in their field. Needing extensive study in his/her area of expertise, which requires years of training and education. And also, I always viewed the prof. in the games as the 'wise' characters, hence the whole "oak's advice" reference in the games

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

I hope the professor is another attractive woman and her name is Professor Palm. Cause palm trees are awesome. And also the potential for dirty jokes is huge. As for rivals I prefer the mean ones. Makes it more fulfilling when you beat em down. But it's also nice to have a friend and ally to. So really the best thing is to have two rivals, a mean one and a friendly one.
    Last edited by Cliffy T; 31st January 2013 at 6:36 AM.

Being a professor requires extensive knowledge about pokemon as a whole, something that a child cannot reasonably be expected to have. There's a reason 14 year olds aren't teaching college courses.
    So you're saying it's not possible for a child to have an extensive knowledge about pokemon as a whole? I beg to differ. The hero is a perfect example of that. Although the hero is still a child they can potentially have a plethora of knowledge regarding Pokemon sometimes even more than the Professor. So while most children are not capable of that, that doesn't mean all are. Also, keep in mind I was referring to a child prodigy not some random child as a professor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    Agreed, a professor is exactly that, a PROFESSOR with a degree in their field. Needing extensive study in his/her area of expertise, which requires years of training and education. And also, I always viewed the prof. in the games as the 'wise' characters, hence the whole "oak's advice" reference in the games
    Lets be honest being a Pokemon Professor does not really require "years of training and education" anyone with a basic sense of Pokemon can be a Pokemon Professor, lol. Anyway besides what one could do in 8 years someone with only 2 years of knowledge could potentially do better. Just because you've done it longer does not mean you are better or more skilled at it than one who as done it for a shorter period of time.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 31st January 2013 at 7:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy T View Post
    I hope the professor is another attractive woman and her name is Professor Palm. Cause palm trees are awesome. And also the potential for dirty jokes is huge. As for rivals are prefer the mean ones. Makes it more fulfilling when you beat em down. But it's also nice to have a friend and ally to. So really the best thing is to have two rivals, a mean one and a friendly one.
    The friendly rivals really kind of bore me sometimes, I enjoy the real dickhead rivals the most, cause it feels so good when you destroy them!

A female child prodigy as the professor would be interesting to see. Especially if she acts like her age, instead of being all calm and mature like the usual professors.

Her complete contrast with the other professors.....I want to see what kind of talk will happen when all of them are together

And yes, it has to be female, we have a severe lack of female professors XD

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    A female child prodigy as the professor would be interesting to see. Especially if she acts like her age, instead of being all calm and mature like the usual professors.

Her complete contrast with the other professors.....I want to see what kind of talk will happen when all of them are together

And yes, it has to be female, we have a severe lack of female professors XD

I think it would be so cute and funny if we walk in on the professor playing with her toys XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    The friendly rivals really kind of bore me sometimes, I enjoy the real dickhead rivals the most, cause it feels so good when you destroy them!
    Exactly. I mentioned this a while ago, and people jumped down my throat for it. Is it too much to ask for a menacing rival?

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Page 61 of 408 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast