Page 62 of 408 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    The friendly rivals really kind of bore me sometimes, I enjoy the real dickhead rivals the most, cause it feels so good when you destroy them!
    Agree. Like in Gold/Silver. Make him an arrogant euro-hipster.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    A female child prodigy as the professor would be interesting to see. Especially if she acts like her age, instead of being all calm and mature like the usual professors.

Her complete contrast with the other professors.....I want to see what kind of talk will happen when all of them are together

And yes, it has to be female, we have a severe lack of female professors XD
    I'm up for a female professor and all but I'm not sure if they should be a kid, also what species of tree would you name for a child professor that would suit such a young professor?

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    Agree. Like in Gold/Silver. Make him an arrogant euro-hipster.
    Silver was the exact example I used!! I want (dare I say it) an *sshole as a rival. I want him to be tough too!
    Somebody that I just "GOTTA' BEAT."

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I'm up for a female professor and all but I'm not sure if they should be a kid, also what species of tree would you name for a child professor that would suit such a young professor?
    Prof. Sapling? I know that's a stage of development rather than a species. Haha I don't mind either way about the Professor. I think it could be quite funny/ endearing if a professor was an immature little kid but with unrivalled and surprising knowledge. Can a child be a Prof. though? Would whoever the arbitrating board are allow a little kid to hand out Pokemon to trainers?
    I really want a jerk rival. One who is difficult to beat and uses underhanded tactics, like following you and waiting til you're in a difficult situation to pounce. That's make it difficult and would make people hate them.

An androgyn black professor called Violas...
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Lets be honest being a Pokemon Professor does not really require "years of training and education" anyone with a basic sense of Pokemon can be a Pokemon Professor, lol. Anyway besides what one could do in 8 years someone with only 2 years of knowledge could potentially do better. Just because you've done it longer does not mean you are better or more skilled at it than one who as done it for a shorter period of time.
    Of course it requires that. Pokémon Professors are the biggest regional authorities in Pokémon, it's too much responsability to give away to someone with "a basic sense of Pokémon".

You need a title to be a Professor; the Japanese version makes it explicit you need a doctorate title to be a Pokémon Professor.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    So you're saying it's not possible for a child to have an extensive knowledge about pokemon as a whole? I beg to differ. The hero is a perfect example of that. Although the hero is still a child they can potentially have a plethora of knowledge regarding Pokemon sometimes even more than the Professor. So while most children are not capable of that, that doesn't mean all are. Also, keep in mind I was referring to a child prodigy not some random child as a professor.

Lets be honest being a Pokemon Professor does not really require "years of training and education" anyone with a basic sense of Pokemon can be a Pokemon Professor, lol. Anyway besides what one could do in 8 years someone with only 2 years of knowledge could potentially do better. Just because you've done it longer does not mean you are better or more skilled at it than one who as done it for a shorter period of time.
    Professor is a term reserved for people with a doctorate degree, or a university professor (who usually has a doctorate degree anyway). There's a massive gap between a high school science prodigy and a professor. Simply traveling around with pokemon does not make you an expert on them as a whole, no more than me living on a wildlife preserve in Africa for three years would make me an expert on mammalian biology. Yes, I would have a better understanding of mammalian behavior and physiology, but that doesn't make me an expert. Plenty of biological phenomenon have to be observed in a controlled laboratory setting. Years of extensive study are required to achieve the knowledge necessary to attain a doctorate-level understanding of... well, anything.

Pokemon has shown a tendency to push the suspension of disbelief, but they would not completely throw their sense of realism out the window. A young child will never be a regional professor. The fact I'm even debating this point is ridiculous.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Although I would like a child prof, it won't fit coz the Prof needs to old so, that he his too old and tired to go on his own journey, hence entrusting the job on you. If it was a child prof, he/she could very well go on his own.
    But, it is an intriguing idea. It's different from the usual.

Besides, for example when Oak or Rowan encommended you the task of exploring the region to gather data of all the Pokemon, it felt like an important task that you really had to complete because it was given to you by someone who stood as a figure of respect. Now if I went to recieve my first pokemon from a child ''prodigy'' saying I have to gather data of all the pokemon in the region while he/she is playing with toys, I would take it as a bad joke.
    Last edited by ShadowMarauder; 31st January 2013 at 6:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Although I would like a child prof, it won't fit coz the Prof needs to old so, that he his too old and tired to go on his own journey, hence entrusting the job on you. If it was a child prof, he/she could very well go on his own.
    But, it is an intriguing idea. It's different from the usual.
    Since when is Professor (Aurea) Juniper old?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Since when is Professor (Aurea) Juniper old?
    She's definitely an adult, old enough to have a doctorate degree.

Since she seems to be a friend of the player character's mothers (in both BW and B2W2, the latter talking about her like an old friend), we can probably assume they have similar ages even.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

When, Prof. Juniper was revealed (from my memory I think it was Dr. Araraga or someting like that) I was: Prof. Willow or Prof. Maple!
    Then, the English name was revealed: What's a Juniper?
    What about a relative being the Prof?
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    When, Prof. Juniper was revealed (from my memory I think it was Dr. Araraga or someting like that) I was: Prof. Willow or Prof. Maple!
    Then, the English name was revealed: What's a Juniper?
    What about a relative being the Prof?
    Is that a rhetorical question? If not, "Juniper" is a Tree.

I wouldn't mind someone related to you being the Professor, but I'd hope it would be your mother or father so at least one has some kind of other role then just being your parent, hopefully if you have two parents in the game that the other will be champion or something.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Another female professor would be niiiice !
    I enjoyed prof' Juniper (tHat,s weird to say, hm) because I guess... I don't know, there are too many male professor.
    That's my opinion.

Also, I'm not against the idea of a child professor, it could be funny and make the game interesting !
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

A child professor? No thank you. You wait until you're ten, or later it seems in the games, to get you're first pokémon, which someone younger gives to you? It doesn't make sense, and the idea is a bit silly.
    But I'm all for a douche bag rival!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

A child professor actually wouldn't be a bad idea; I can see it working out. As for the rival, I think a female rival no matter which character you choose would work well-- the only real female rival we've had was May if you chose Brendan in the Hoenn region. Bianca doesn't exactly count, as she quit halfway through.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

New idea, what if there were two professors? Kinda like the Junipers, except they're siblings.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

I was thinking of what the gym leaders names could be.
    An Electric Gym Leader could be Rod
    A dark gym leader could be Daren
    A grass leader could be Fiona.

They might suck but I thinks hey work.
    White FC: 026097666713

Black 2 FC:219464649535

Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    A child professor actually wouldn't be a bad idea; I can see it working out. As for the rival, I think a female rival no matter which character you choose would work well-- the only real female rival we've had was May if you chose Brendan in the Hoenn region. Bianca doesn't exactly count, as she quit halfway through.
    Did Bianca quit? You battled her up until Route 8, plus you can battle her post game. May/Brendan stopped battling you at Lilycove City.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    A child professor actually wouldn't be a bad idea; I can see it working out.
    Care to explain how?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Care to explain how?
    Yeah...last I checked, it was pretty difficult for a kid to get into college. It's impressive enough as it is that my older sister made it there when she was 16, and that was only getting there.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    I was thinking of what the gym leaders names could be.
    An Electric Gym Leader could be Rod
    A dark gym leader could be Daren
    A grass leader could be Fiona.

They might suck but I thinks hey work.
    Rod definitely sounds different than the norm of other Electirc Gym leaders, since they all have a hint of the type related concepts. Rod didn't make sense to me at first, but then it was clear that it had to do with using iron rods when man first discovered electric-based concepts.

Daren sounds like of the Dark norm, meh. We can't really think of much names for Dark leaders and elite fours.

Fiona is a feminine name, and I'm really looking forward to a Grass gym that has a male leader. Gordon (as in garden), Turk (as in turf), or Lawrence (very obscure connection to the term 'lawn').

Here's how I think it'll go.

Grass gym - Male leader (single battle)
    Psychic gym - Porter (as in teleport) (single battle)
    Rock gym - Damon (diamond) (single battle)
    Fire gym - Iggy and Cole (ignite, charcoal)(double battle)
    Fighting gym - Daequan (tae kwon) (single battle)
    Poison gym - Clara (as in hydrochloric) (single battle)
    Normal gym - Whitman (rotation battle or triple battle based on version)
    Flying gym - Angel (pretty clear in the name, also male) (single battle)

E4-
    Steel - Nicholas (Nickel) OR Titania (titanium) (both are elements)
    Ice - Kate (ice skate)
    Ground - _______ (blank, can't think of a name)
    Electric - MC Flow (amp flow/ current flow)

Versatile Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    New idea, what if there were two professors? Kinda like the Junipers, except they're siblings.
    Like maybe a brother and sister team. That would be pretty wicked. Or even better, attractive female twins for professors.
    http://videogameclown.blogspot.com

If that were to happen, I'd like it if there were two professors of a different gender and which ever gender your player is the opposite gendered professor will give you your Starter Pokemon, assist you and all that other good stuff.

Regarding child professor, the thing I'm interested in the most is how GF will pull it off if they indeed choose to go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    But I'm all for a douche bag rival!
    even better, a douchebag female rival.

because, just like the Professors, there's a lack of female rivals.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 62 of 408 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast