Page 99 of 408 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

  1. #2451
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Far Away
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post

    I have a cool Idea for a cool Mexican character if they should decide to design one based on a Mexican, or really a Latino from any other nationality. The obvious would be a soccer player, but I think a charro would be beast, that charro suit. Imagine a guy named Alejandro and he is wearing a kick arse sombrero. A wrestler could also work, but we already have crashed wake, another possibility could be a dancer, possibly salsa since its quite popular in Japan and they seem to think we all dance it. A Latin lover design would be cool, but I feel that's what Juan is, kind of. We need more diversity, many npc's in the gen V games speak different languages which I feel is a step in the right direction to this new global approach Pikemon has decided to take.

    I love your idea's! If only gamefreak and Nintendo listened to us.

  2. #2452
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    I love your idea's! If only gamefreak and Nintendo listened to us.
    Thank you and I just noticed all the grammatical mistakes I made, curse you Apple.

  3. #2453
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    I don't see her as looking Indian which is actually a shame, an Indian character would be amazing, but I do respect your opinion.

    We need some more variety.
    Iris has always looked Indian to me, too.


    Back on the protagonists, I really wish they had at least made the male one blonde(if we don't get customization) because it would have at least been a nice change for once; He does look too much like the Unova ones as I've seen others point out.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/4ktquf.png[/IMG]

  4. #2454
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Faraway Island
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I don't know why people would say Brock is black. He's darker-skinned in the anime, but definitely white in the games. (and even in the anime he looks more... Latin than black)

    Phoebe and Dahlia are the ambiguous ones.
    Well, considering that most Caucasoid and Mongoloid races don't have many variants when it comes to younger characters in anime/manga. To me, Brock seems Korean in ethnicity. As I've seen in several Japanese anime/manga that they had some of the same features. Such as the slight skin tone and the eyes being closed. I'm not an expert, but I believe that some illustrators do this since, even though the Japanese and Koreans are close in genealogy, they hate being mistaken for one another. Just my theory.

    As for Phoebe, she seems Polynesian. Dahlia, Indian. In my opinion.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

  5. #2455
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweg City
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Also Lt Surge went to this region once and got a Pikachu he called it a French Pikachu so does anyone expect for this to be elaborated on?
    I just want to put it out there that everyone is taking this whole France thing too seriously. Yes, it'll be based off of France but won't feature everything French. It won't neccesarily have the Louvre, or the Alps or whatever. Just like Unova it'll be LOOSELY based off of France. Everyone is taking it too literally in my opinion.
    3DS FC: 0688-6448-9235
    VM ME IF YOU ADD ME

    CLAIMED FROGADIER ON 11/10/13


    #survivorcagayan

  6. #2456
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    I just want to put it out there that everyone is taking this whole France thing too seriously. Yes, it'll be based off of France but won't feature everything French. It won't neccesarily have the Louvre, or the Alps or whatever. Just like Unova it'll be LOOSELY based off of France. Everyone is taking it too literally in my opinion.
    Too true, but unfortunately, France is literally all we have to base our speculation of the region on, besides the theme of genetics with XY.

    Speaking of genetics, I think the evil team's goal will be harnessing genetics to make 'super-pokemon' and everything just goes wrong from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493
    Hamburgers in 3D and Pika Nipples?
    aka Aurawarrior8

  7. #2457
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Whispering Rock
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Speaking of genetics, I think the evil team's goal will be harnessing genetics to make 'super-pokemon' and everything just goes wrong from there.
    I think the same because of this theory in genetics. Perhaps once the evil team takes control of the regions' pokemon, they could experiment with those pokemon using their artificially created strands of DNA. Maybe they'll alter the pokemon's color scheme or eye color. Anything that'll make them seem abnormal. Then once all of that is done, they'll unleash these biologically altered pokemon to infiltrate scientific facilities, towns, etc.

    Anyone remember how you had to take out those Electrode in HG/SS? Something like that again would be nice.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

  8. #2458
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Anyone think we could do with some Pokemon characters? They'll be a bit hard to characterize, considering they can't talk, but we've never had any Pokemon as proper characters before. Maybe your rival's starter.

  9. #2459
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    Anyone think we could do with some Pokemon characters? They'll be a bit hard to characterize, considering they can't talk, but we've never had any Pokemon as proper characters before. Maybe your rival's starter.
    Some pokemon can talk, or at least mimic humans like the Murkrow in the Rocket Hideout of GSCHGSS. How excellent would it be to find out a gentically engineered Chatot or something was controlling the evil team.
    Alternatively they can just say we've learnt to understand the hearts of pokemon a la N.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493
    Hamburgers in 3D and Pika Nipples?
    aka Aurawarrior8

  10. #2460
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    I hope we get a few previous charcters showing up in new roles. For example zinzolin showing up as an ice type gym leader.

  11. #2461
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Krypton
    Posts
    2,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I hope we get a few previous charcters showing up in new roles. For example zinzolin showing up as an ice type gym leader.
    I think we'll definitly see some old characters, but I hope one isn't Zinzolin!
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

  12. #2462
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I hope we get a few previous charcters showing up in new roles. For example zinzolin showing up as an ice type gym leader.
    The irony here is delicious. But I'd rather they go with new characters for important roles like being a gym leader.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  13. #2463
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    I'd honestly like Anthea and Concordia to reappear and at least try to have some relevance.

    Seriously, you could play both BW and B2W2 without knowing of their existence and absolutely nothing would be lost.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627
    [img]http://i47.*******.com/2cr9dn8.png[/img]
    "Hey! I was looking forward to seeing you! My rival should be strong to keep me sharp."
    Your rival would like to battle!

  14. #2464
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I'd honestly like Anthea and Concordia to reappear and at least try to have some relevance.

    Seriously, you could play both BW and B2W2 without knowing of their existence and absolutely nothing would be lost.
    That bugged me too. Except for a bit of background info on n, they didn't do much for being in both.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-4470 5123 1977

  15. #2465
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Their problem was that their purpose had already been fulfilled by the time BW began. So they they could only just sit around and spout backstory.

    They should show back up. They were raised a bit like N (but they were more open-minded) so they could just say they are traveling the world to meet new people and Pokemon.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  16. #2466
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    3,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    The irony here is delicious. But I'd rather they go with new characters for important roles like being a gym leader.
    Really, I'm still bugged by the fact he didn't have unique music despite the fact he was battled four times, and was a leader of Team Plasma.

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Their problem was that their purpose had already been fulfilled by the time BW began. So they they could only just sit around and spout backstory.

    They should show back up. They were raised a bit like N (but they were more open-minded) so they could just say they are traveling the world to meet new people and Pokemon.
    I guess, they could show up as cameos, but I don't think they should have real roles.

  17. #2467
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Their problem was that their purpose had already been fulfilled by the time BW began. So they they could only just sit around and spout backstory.
    Well, then they weren't needed. Anyone could have explained N's backstory, it isn't enough reason to introduce two by all means pointless characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    They should show back up. They were raised a bit like N (but they were more open-minded) so they could just say they are traveling the world to meet new people and Pokemon.
    Exactly. The characters have potential, but were very poorly handled.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I guess, they could show up as cameos, but I don't think they should have real roles.
    Then they shouldn't appear at all.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627
    [img]http://i47.*******.com/2cr9dn8.png[/img]
    "Hey! I was looking forward to seeing you! My rival should be strong to keep me sharp."
    Your rival would like to battle!

  18. #2468
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    They actually all specialize on a type and state it.

    It's just that there were still few Pokémon, so GF couldn't give them truly monotype teams.
    Oh, I know that in-game text states them as having a type specialty and rematches in later games did turn their teams monotype, I'm just saying that I liked the fact that in-game, their teams were quite diverse whilst still fitting around a single theme.

    It's not necessary for my enjoyment, but I'd love to see the Gym Leaders and Elite Four move away from single types as their area of focus and perhaps focus on general themes or attributes in the way that Sinnoh's stat trainers did. (Riley specialized in Attack, Cheryl in HP and so on)

    Again, I don't expect GF to break the traditions they've set in place and I won't dislike the games if they don't, I just think it would be very interesting to see the Gym Leaders and Elite Four experimented with a little.
    FireRed Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Sapphire Team:
    Platinum Team:
    White Team:
    White2 Team:
    Y Team: In Progress

  19. #2469
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misunderstoodhero View Post
    Oh, I know that in-game text states them as having a type specialty and rematches in later games did turn their teams monotype, I'm just saying that I liked the fact that in-game, their teams were quite diverse whilst still fitting around a single theme.

    It's not necessary for my enjoyment, but I'd love to see the Gym Leaders and Elite Four move away from single types as their area of focus and perhaps focus on general themes or attributes in the way that Sinnoh's stat trainers did. (Riley specialized in Attack, Cheryl in HP and so on)

    Again, I don't expect GF to break the traditions they've set in place and I won't dislike the games if they don't, I just think it would be very interesting to see the Gym Leaders and Elite Four experimented with a little.
    I don't want them to break that tradition. I still want them to specialize in a type, but have Pokémon outside of their type (like Volkner in DP). Just because they specialize in a type, doesn't mean they need to only have Pokémon of that type. I would love for this game to have its own stat trainers though.

    Edit: I think another good example is many of the gym leaders Pokémon in the stadium games round 2.
    Last edited by ECM; 28th March 2013 at 2:21 PM.
    Yellow Team


    Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

    Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

  20. #2470
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    It's quite obvious Jean Reno is going to make a (cameo) appearance in this game. I want to see twin gym leaders again, or maybe even twin E4 members and you have a double battle against them.

  21. #2471
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Faraway Island
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinchūriki of Son Gokū View Post
    I hope we get some new Gym Leader types like Fire or Poison or Flying.
    Argh, please no more of a type that's already been done 3 times. It's only the 6th gen. More fire and poison would be amazing, as well as the speculated bug and psychic gyms. But I'm going to scream if there's another water or electric Gym Leader. Even if it's someone like Cress with an anti-starter niche. So my hopes for Gym Leaders' specialties(not in any particular order) are; Fire, Bug, Psychic, Ground, Poison, Grass, Dark, and Miscellaneous or some other form of unique style Gym Leader(still hoping for a stat specialty Gym Leader!).
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

  22. #2472
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    My guesses for Gyms: (In no particular order)

    Fighting
    Bug
    Grass
    Poison
    Dark
    Ghost
    Rock
    Steel

    I've guessed mostly 'Spooky' Types (Psychic, Bug, Dark, Poison, Ghost),as Europe does have many spooky tales, and France has its fair share! Also, I chose Fighting because EVERY Gen had its ownspecialist of it (Gen II even having Gen I's Bruno and its own Chuck!) Psychic is usually an E4-Type in even gens, but since last gen had one (Caitlin) and that we had a pop-up gym which looked pretty Psychic-ish, I think this will be our first even gen Psychic GL! (G/S/C and HG/SS Sabrina excluded due to being a Kanto-GL.) Every even gen had a Ghost gym, so yeah! And even in Gen II, its first gen, Dark-Type has never had a Gym! Maybe a GL who's part of an evil team, used to be a part of it or otherwise has a dark secret? Grass because of that tree. (Come on, it had foot thingies! A completely natural tree certainly doesn't have those or grows ropes!) Bug, despite appearing last Gen, seems to have a Gym, but I'm not complaining. As long as the GL has Heracross (lulz!) Rock because it's a traditional GL type, and has been missed out in Gen V, and Steel is the same reason as Ghost: Every even gen's had one!

    EDIT: Also, Dark/Psychic/Fighting is a trio, and if the 'Starter Second Triangle' sh*t happens, I can see this happening. But NOT like the Striaton Gym.

  23. #2473
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Some people are suggesting a ground type gym if they end up beig right i just hope we get a younger ground type specialist.The youngest I can remember is giovanni.

  24. #2474
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rainy Laverre City
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    My guesses for Gyms: (In no particular order)

    Fighting
    Bug
    Grass
    Poison
    Dark
    Ghost
    Rock
    Steel

    I've guessed mostly 'Spooky' Types (Psychic, Bug, Dark, Poison, Ghost),as Europe does have many spooky tales, and France has its fair share! Also, I chose Fighting because EVERY Gen had its ownspecialist of it (Gen II even having Gen I's Bruno and its own Chuck!) Psychic is usually an E4-Type in even gens, but since last gen had one (Caitlin) and that we had a pop-up gym which looked pretty Psychic-ish, I think this will be our first even gen Psychic GL! (G/S/C and HG/SS Sabrina excluded due to being a Kanto-GL.) Every even gen had a Ghost gym, so yeah! And even in Gen II, its first gen, Dark-Type has never had a Gym! Maybe a GL who's part of an evil team, used to be a part of it or otherwise has a dark secret? Grass because of that tree. (Come on, it had foot thingies! A completely natural tree certainly doesn't have those or grows ropes!) Bug, despite appearing last Gen, seems to have a Gym, but I'm not complaining. As long as the GL has Heracross (lulz!) Rock because it's a traditional GL type, and has been missed out in Gen V, and Steel is the same reason as Ghost: Every even gen's had one!

    EDIT: Also, Dark/Psychic/Fighting is a trio, and if the 'Starter Second Triangle' sh*t happens, I can see this happening. But NOT like the Striaton Gym.
    I'd rather have another Fire gym than another Rock gym because we already have three of those as of now. And I'm really not looking forward to a Dragon gym or E4 member this time around. Poison and Ghost should switch since I think Poison needs some more attention and thus better power than Ghost (even though I'm a Ghost fan).

    My take on Elites:
    Electric
    Grass
    Normal
    Flying

    I think Normal should take a spot in the E4 since it doesn't get much attention, but still more attention than Dark, so I like you suggestion on Dark finally having a gym Mid-Fennekin!

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Some people are suggesting a ground type gym if they end up beig right i just hope we get a younger ground type specialist.The youngest I can remember is giovanni.
    Perhaps a teenager who liked building sand castles as a kid and trained ground types to help him build a sand castle gym would be a pretty new idea featuring a younger ground leader.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 29th March 2013 at 2:08 PM.

    Do you like enterprising new things? Do you like Fakemon? At Smogon's Create-A-Pokémon Project, you get both!

  25. #2475
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,685

    Default

    I hope we get a fire type gym, we havent had one since flannery....although maybe that's why there hasnt been one, it will be hard to top her. And maybe another psychic gym.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

Page 99 of 408 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •