Page 1 of 314 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Default The Kalos Region Thread

Discuss the beautiful French-inspired region of Kalos here!

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

THE KALOS REGION MAP
        Spoiler:

This will be updated soon, with Route info.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 8th January 2013 at 1:36 PM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I still can't believe it! The region looks so great in 3D! It looks like Pokémon is going back to its roots: Nature! I predict an Europe based region, with landscapes resembling some of Europes most well known monuments, like the "Eiffel Tower" like building we see in the picture above. Even the streets resemble France! I simply LOVE Pokémon!
    Sig Strike #1.
    Total pixel limit for images in your signature have exceeded 150,000 pixels. Also, images should not be taller than 420 pixels, and should not be wider than 600 pixels.

/

PLEASE HELP MY PROJECT, +NINTENDO! PLUSNINTENDO.COM

twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/oaklion

Have you tried listening to animal collective while playing pokémon? wow

White FC: 4942-6212-0035

Along with the Eiffel Tower, one can also see an old style 'Versailles'-like palace in the video. I think it's based off France as well, but we need to see a map to make sure.. France doesn't really have the most interesting geographical shape (a hexagon without many inland waters or mountains) so lets see what happens when they reveal the map.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

While I'm ok with the region being based on France, my only question is why? I understand Unova because NYC is home to the home for American pokémon stuff but is it the same with Paris or some other area in France?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Considering the image below, i would say that this region is completely separated from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh or Unova, because of that Route 3 signpost.

I love French architecture, so this region's look is very appealing to me.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Look at the beginning where Pikachu sends off electricity. That comes from France. At least we won't be at each others throats as bad as we were with the Shanghai vs NY for BW.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    While I'm ok with the region being based on France, my only question is why? I understand Unova because NYC is home to the home for American pokémon stuff but is it the same with Paris or some other area in France?
    The fact that there is a full French localization with their own names for Pokémon and everything should tell you they're an important location for Pokémon too.

And since it seems GameFreak is trying to use foreign places for the new regions, I think France is as good as any other option.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I'm actually quite shocked I haven't seen any "frog" jokes yet (since its a derogatory name for a French person) and we have a frog starter in a definitely French region.

I'm really liking the style though. Paris St. + maybe Versailles palace?

I find it ironic how the "Fire Gym" is in a place possibly inspired by Notre Dame (circular stained glass window flooring). Reminds me of the scene in Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I would really like a Louvre style gym. Even though we had Nacrene Museum and Castellia's art studio.

So since it's pretty much established that the region is based off of Paris, could this be the first region not to have a coastal section in-game or would the region encompass the entire north region of France, including Paris?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    So since it's pretty much established that the region is based off of Paris, could this be the first region not to have a coastal section in-game or would the region encompass the entire north region of France, including Paris?
    Well, there is the French Mediterranean. Not exactly an ocean, but still a cost-like area.

I'm way too excited! I wonder if the name of the new region will have something to do with Chromosomes.
    I bet that the third installment (if there is one) will be called Pokémon Chrome. :P
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

The region will most likely be based on France. I wonder one generation they will do a region based on the UK (that will be cool).

Did Masuda visit Paris recently ? coz he visited nyc before bw
    maybe thats y its based on france.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Did Masuda visit Paris recently ? coz he visited nyc before bw
    maybe thats y its based on france.
    Yes, he did.

His new twitter avatar even has him near the Eiffel Tower.

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.I. View Post
    Well, there is the French Mediterranean. Not exactly an ocean, but still a cost-like area.
    I actually didn't think initially that the in-game region would resemble the entire of France, with Spain to the south-west and the rest of Europe to the east... but because France itself is quite plain in terns of shape (compared to the Japanese regions and NYC) I guess it would encourage more freedom in terms of mapping out the routes and cities.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Yes, he did.

His new twitter avatar even has him near the Eiffel Tower.

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda
    I guess his visit to France really inspired him for Gen 6.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm liking the old style type places, I'm definitely liking what seems to be the mixture of both modern and nature places. It seems the overall style will be based in Europe. I'm calling it now - french gym leader.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Considering the image below, i would say that this region is completely separated from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh or Unova, because of that Route 3 signpost.

Yuuup...I remember people thinking that Gen VI region would be attached to Unova like Johto to Kanto

Since the 3DS supports DLC we'll probably be getting additional areas via DLC
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Wanted Canada(I'm sure most people would want their country to be Pokemonfied...or whatever), but France is nice too, I'm just glad they are continuing with using places outside of Japan and I think we can expect it to continue into the future now.

So far I think the region looks pretty nice. I'm interested to see what other things there are to explore this time.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    I'm way too excited! I wonder if the name of the new region will have something to do with Chromosomes.
    I bet that the third installment (if there is one) will be called Pokémon Chrome. :P
    Chromosomes are XY for males and XX for females, so it would have to have been Pokemon XX and XY if that was actually true. Just sayin'.

I wonder why they chose France, out of all places, which is basically a giant hexagon.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a Paris vibe from this new region. I like that new desert observatory area, that's really neat and creative (even if it is based on somewhere IRL).

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Since the 3DS supports DLC we'll probably be getting additional areas via DLC
    I'm hoping this will happen, actually, it'd be a great way to extend the game's longevity and fill in gaps for the National Dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I wonder why they chose France, out of all places, which is basically a giant hexagon.
    Dammit, I thought we were done with the terribly designed hexagonal regions.

Okay, that was a joke. But seriously, if they ever make a region as poorly designed as Unova again, I'm quitting Pokemon.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 8th January 2013 at 3:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Guys what do you think the theme of this region is ?
    my first thought would say genetics coz of x and y, but that would be a repeat of kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, that was a joke. But seriously, if they ever make a region as poorly designed as Unova again, I'm quitting Pokemon.
    You're not alone on that one. =/

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Guys what do you think the theme of this region is ?
    my first thought would say genetics coz of x and y, but that would be a repeat of kanto.
    If you mean the names for the cities... uh, maybe bread? This is Paris, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    You're not alone on that one. =/

If you mean the names for the cities... uh, maybe bread? This is Paris, after all.
    nahh i would go with wine or cheese

Page 1 of 314 123451151101 ... LastLast