Page 10 of 314 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    My gut tells me that the region will spread and revolve around Paris, and not even encompass all of France.
    The only Problem with that is Paris isn't on the ocean, so there wouldn't be that much water.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Ok so I basically grabbed the map of Europe and started looking what would be cool for a region, seeing how the 1-3rd gen region maps are also based on real maps of Japan.

http://i46.*******.com/23muexx.jpg

What do you guys think?
    I'd prefer the second one. Assuming its based on France, I don't think they'll use the entire country.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Ok so I basically grabbed the map of Europe and started looking what would be cool for a region, seeing how the 1-3rd gen region maps are also based on real maps of Japan.
    Interesting. The English Channel being the primary water route would be cool.

If it was something like Paris it could loosely resemble:

Spoiler:- large:

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post

I would not like being lost there O.o

I'd be here for a region based on France with influences from more known European countries and some exotic elements. There also could be a small sub-region based on Corsica.

If it's based in France this will be the closest the pokemon world has been to my country (Ireland)

I wish they would include Ireland & Uk along with France though, as someone said it doesn't have the most interesting shape....so having areas based on Ireland and the Uk would make it more interesting to traverse.

The ideal for me would be all of Western Europe.....but they probably don't want to take too big a chunk. There are other generations to think about in the future.

By Western Europe I mean the leftmost yellow part of this map: http://www.nationsonline.org/maps/co...europe_map.jpg

Ireland, UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy and Austria.

I think the nordic regions and eastern Europe could be regions on their own.
    Last edited by Sponge; 8th January 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Interesting. The English Channel being the primary water route would be cool.

If it was something like Paris it could loosely resemble:

that would be really cool! the first game with a major river. i can just imagine it criss crossing the land, another beautiful scene (or road block)

i really do like the scenery in this game so far. there's a lot of nature, and i really like that. plus it's (well I'm assuming) is based of Paris, so there should be some really interesting architecture.
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

I'm pretty convinced it will be only France for the whole Region. And with that, they are already being too expansive, but I would like a bigger area to explore in my first 3D pokémon adventure (in the main series, at least). I'm really looking forward to a region map or something, to get a better idea on both where it will take place and the exploration factor of the game.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Will this be one of the more realistic regions we've seen? I really hope it isn't all based off Paris. I liked how there was a city based around NY in BW, but I liked even more the other towns and cities. Like Iccirus, Humilau, etc..

What I think/hope the region will have:
    Warning, you may not agree with all this,

Towns & Cities
    - Towns and Cities that aren't completely symetrical.
    - Make each city/town have something interesting or a attraction point even if it doesn't have a gym.
    - Even cities/towns with a gym should have something to make them worth visiting post-game
    - A city on a mountain?
    - A "far off" city maybe outside of a forest.
    - Something like Anville town, but more to it.
    - I would also like different elevation to the towns/cities.
    - An Island town/city PLEASE (Mossdeep city)

Routes, Caves, Forests & Water routes
    - More complicated forests, caves etc. I like it when I get lost and frusterated, it furthers the game time.
    - More uses of HMs, than BW1, BW2.
    - Reasons to go to these routes/caves/forests/water routes, not just to get from A to B.
    - A island seperate to the main part of the region with a cave/forest on it, this would go along with the island ^ Pleasseee
    - Bigger caves/routes/forests/water routes make it more rewarding when you exit.
    - Please no dead straight routes.

Region "Biomes" and other
    - City
    - Desert
    - Mountinous area?
    - A snowy area
    - Islands tropical or not maybe something like Mossdeep.
    - More unique elevation throughout the region

Bravo! You made it to the end! Assuming you didn't skip it all. So yeah, I will probably add on to this as I remember my ideas. I know a lot of these ideas will most likely not happen. I know they have probably already designed the general layout of the region. But maybe, just maybe, some of this will be right.

My Biggest Hope
    -Not all giant cities (the area shown with the eiffel tower, or something similar to castellia), something like BW/BW2 heck, anyother region for that matter, just BW/BW2 had castellia, could this just be like castellia and the rest of the region won't be like Paris or whatever the rest of Unvoa wasn't like NY.
    Last edited by Siebold; 8th January 2013 at 11:38 PM.

So it seems as if Gen 6 region is based off of France/Europe, which is kind of sad for those of us who wanted more of the U.S. but hey, it's France! This region is going to be absolutely epic, and we all know that.

But this occurred to me as I read a post about someone thinking there will be a French gym leader, maybe this is Fantina's home region! I mean think about it, she has a French accent, speaks French and is known to not be from Sinnoh. Fantina cameo, I'm calling it! Because of that I'm expecting Drifloon and Driblim to be in the region as well as the Misdreavus line.

Maybe Altomare is an actual city here.

Naaaaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    So it seems as if Gen 6 region is based off of France/Europe, which is kind of sad for those of us who wanted more of the U.S. but hey, it's France! This region is going to be absolutely epic, and we all know that.

But this occurred to me as I read a post about someone thinking there will be a French gym leader, maybe this is Fantina's home region! I mean think about it, she has a French accent, speaks French and is known to not be from Sinnoh. Fantina cameo, I'm calling it! Because of that I'm expecting Drifloon and Driblim to be in the region as well as the Misdreavus line.
    Dude, I'm expecting a lot of fancy fru-fru pokémon to be here like Frillish, Minccino, Roserade, Leavanny, Lilligant, Gothitelle, Swanna, Milotic

My personal hope is that it repeats Gen. 1-4 where you have to backtrack through previous towns & cities
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 8th January 2013 at 11:57 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I think France is a great Place to use, NYC and Paris and two of the most famous cities in the world, they are recognisable to many people. I would to see more parts of the region and hope the Eiffel Tower is an important place in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    France doesn't really have the most interesting geographical shape (a hexagon without many inland waters or mountains) so lets see what happens when they reveal the map.

Wut?
    France is pretty much the most diverse country in Europe georaphically, see:

But anyway I think it will either be only the area around Paris, either several european countries but not the whole France.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Maybe Altomare is an actual city here.

Naaaaaah.
    Isn't Altomare supposed to be Venice and so Italy lol

I want it to be like Unova, a major city in the middle or somewhere, such as castellia (New York), and un-related cities surrounding, atleast it didn't seem like they were related.

So yeah, just paris, please no more realistic cities/towns.

The first 3 generations were based on regions in Japan (I thought).
    Gen V seemed to have been based off of America (USA specifically). New York=Castelia, Hollywood=Pokéwood. Elesa is a model, Clay is a Texan Oil Magnate, Bryce is an actor.

So with the Eiffel Tower-esque building, I believe it could be based on Europe.
    If so, I'll already love this generation for that simple fact.

Quote Originally Posted by treuko View Post
    Wut?

But anyway I think it will either be only the area around Paris, either several european countries but not the whole France.
    So many cool coastlines and islands to touch upon. I want to go to PokeBoraBora.

I can totally see Puy-De-Dome, Etreta Cliffs and of course, the Alps being in-game locations.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I don't feel that Unova was based upon NYC, necessarily. Castelia City and the areas directly east and west of it were certainly NYC-esque, but the rest of the region was fairly diverse and encompassed a variety of geographical areas.

I'd say the same is likely to be so for this new region. Parts will resemble Paris and the surrounding countryside, but the rest (like that desert that was shown) will be incredibly diverse and impossible to predict.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by treuko View Post
    Wut?

To be fair, quite a few of those aren't in France itself, but are rather islands across the world associated with France.

France looks like a nice inspiration for Gen 6's region IMO. The scene with the mountain view looked amazing for my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    To be fair, quite a few of those aren't in France itself, but are rather islands across the world associated with France.

Only two of them actually...

Maybe some locations are France-esque, but what if the actual map of the region was based off Europe?

People say Unova's based off NYC. Well, it's shape is. And Castelia is. But the rest of the place is just...well...random.

That's likely what it'll be. The main map is shaped like maybe Europe, and the locations will be inspired by various locations from wherever. Though some may just come form the designer's imaginations. There's Humilau Town, but I'm not aware of any strictly-boardwalk towns in America.

My predictions:
    Map shape: Europe.
    Individual locations: Random
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    - Towns and Cities that aren't completely symetrical.
    Not sure what you mean.

- A city on a mountain?
    Lentimas Town says hi.

- I would also like different elevation to the towns/cities.
    Accumula Town has varying elevations, but I'd like to see something a bit more extreme than that.

- A island seperate to the main part of the region with a cave/forest on it, this would go along with the island ^ Pleasseee
    Why?

Region "Biomes" and other
    - City
    - Desert
    - Mountinous area?
    - A snowy area
    - Islands tropical or not maybe something like Mossdeep.
    - More unique elevation throughout the region
    I'd like to see some more unique area tropes than this. Maybe mix in some more urban tropes like Virbank Complex and Castelia Sewers did. The Eiffel Tower could serve that purpose, for example. Here's some things I'd like to see:

-An underground city similar to The Under from Pokemon Colosseum except with more of a mining theme
    -A haunted medieval castle
    -A jungle
    -A snowy forest

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    I think France is a great Place to use, NYC and Paris and two of the most famous cities in the world, they are recognisable to many people. I would to see more parts of the region and hope the Eiffel Tower is an important place in the game
    They could throw London into that mix as well, London is another famous city.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I think it's pretty safe to say this region is to Unova as Johto was to Kanto. If you notice, the most of the Pokemon they showcased were Unova Pokemon. So we might very well be getting 2 regions

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I think it's pretty safe to say this region is to Unova as Johto was to Kanto. If you notice, the most of the Pokemon they showcased were Unova Pokemon. So we might very well be getting 2 regions
    No thanks. Diamond and Pearl had old pokemon in it, did we get two regions in it? Plus we don't really know if there is old pokemon in the regional we just saw them in the trailer they cant reveal all the new pokemon

Page 10 of 314 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast