Page 13 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    well i heard someone say that corocoro will come on the 15th.
    CoroCoro is always released every 15th of the month. Pokemon scans usually leak online by 12th. Earliest is 10th.

The only question is, will it feature new information aside from what they already showed us in this month's issue?

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Corocoro might have the region in it. But I guess it will have quite a few places covered like they have done in the past.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

If it is based on Europe, I hope they do a Venice like city.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
    Probably already posted before. But the Pikachu in the trailer was situated on top of what seemed like the Eiffel Tower and when zooming out to view the world, it was clear that it was in France or at least Europe.
    I also noticed a signpost with the number 3 on it in one of the towns. Route numbering? Seems odd though.
    Yeah, if its correlation to the real world is any indication, this region will probably be far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh and Unova (although probably closer to Unova). So they'll probably reset the route numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    Honestly... If you take out all those little parts and just look at the main ones that connect the big circles (no idea what terminology to use here..?) it kinda resembles a layout similar to previous region maps. That could work... Was BW based on New York or just New York City? If it was just New York City then maybe this games is just based on Paris.
    Unova was mainly based on the city, but parts of it were based on surrounding areas. Some of the cities in Northwest Unova are based on cities in New Jersey (Driftveil is based on Elizabeth, Mistralton is based on Newark), and Southeast Unova is based on Long Island. I think, though, that they can take some liberties with this region. Even if it is just based on Paris, they can probably have some sort of snowy mountain area based on the Alps, for example.

I dont get it why everyone is jumping on the chromosome idea, does the region theme have to be based on the name. I mean its not like Kanto was some how based on the color red or something. Correct me if im wrong.
    Actually, they stated that that's exactly what they do. IDK what the connection to RGBY's theme is, but it's there (can someone please clear this up for me? I've never been quite clear on any of them except BW).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I dont get it why everyone is jumping on the chromosome idea, does the region theme have to be based on the name. I mean its not like Kanto was some how based on the color red or something. Correct me if im wrong.
    If you look at the Japaneese logos, you can see the chromosomes.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Corocoro might have the region in it. But I guess it will have quite a few places covered like they have done in the past.
    I doubt we'll get anything new in corocoro, they'll probably reveal the same thing. We may get a new screenshot or two, but thats about it.
    Last edited by crystalzapdos; 9th January 2013 at 5:01 AM.
    No sig. Deal with it.

I'm betting on PokeFrance, after all there was an Eiffel Tower.

Spoiler:- NO H8:

Credit: Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    This region is probably based on France since it has an eifel tower. I wonder if we'll have an area with snow in this game.
    France is an extremely cold place at times, there's no doubt in my mind that there will be snow. Actually, I believe we will get a desert in this game, but it will be a barren snow wasteland type of area, a desert is defined as a place deprived of water, Antarctica for instance is considered a desert.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Not specifically a chromosome. But a DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    France is an extremely cold place at times, there's no doubt in my mind that there will be snow. Actually, I believe we will get a desert in this game, but it will be a barren snow wasteland type of area, a desert is defined as a place deprived of water, Antarctica for instance is considered a desert.
    But they showed a desert in the trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Actually, I believe we will get a desert in this game, but it will be a barren snow wasteland type of area, a desert is defined as a place deprived of water, Antarctica for instance is considered a desert.

This seems like it could be a desert-like place (Serebii even captioned it as a desert).

Going purely off of logic and not the geography of what we've seen, I feel like this region will be based off of Europe as a whole and not just France. I see no reason why they would have randomly chosen France to make an entire region out of - the Japanese islands makes sense because the series is Japanese based, New York makes sense because of how many American players they are (and I guess because Nintendo World is there), but setting a game in France seems kind of random. If it were all of Europe, that would make more logical sense and would allow for a lot more diversity.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Let's just hope the whole thing doesn't get invaded by some crazy guy with a Chaplin mustache and a German accent...
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Going purely off of logic and not the geography of what we've seen, I feel like this region will be based off of Europe as a whole and not just France. I see no reason why they would have randomly chosen France to make an entire region out of - the Japanese islands makes sense because the series is Japanese based, New York makes sense because of how many American players they are (and I guess because Nintendo World is there), but setting a game in France seems kind of random. If it were all of Europe, that would make more logical sense and would allow for a lot more diversity.
    France would make sense, coz Masuda visited it recently, just like he visited nyc before bw. Also, there r many poke players in france, thats why they also have french name for the pokes.

This seems like it could be a desert-like place (Serebii even captioned it as a desert).
    Well, aren't facilities like these normally found on barren wastelands?
    That facility from afar looks like a Research Facility perfect for evil experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewiana Jones View Post
    Let's just hope the whole thing doesn't get invaded by some crazy guy with a Chaplin mustache and a German accent...
    Lol.

I want Mexico and Latin America next, I want to pwn the drug cartels with mah Pokemans.

The thing about setting a game in the entirety of the European continent, though, is... well, it's too big. Heck, even just the country of France is pretty freaking huge compared to the other areas we've been in; it's hundreds of times bigger than the other regions we've been to, which have been based on small parts of a single country.

We'll probably see the new region based off only a small portion of France, not the whole country.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The thing about setting a game in the entirety of the European continent, though, is... well, it's too big. Heck, even just the country of France is pretty freaking huge compared to the other areas we've been in; it's hundreds of times bigger than the other regions we've been to, which have been based on small parts of a single country.

We'll probably see the new region based off only a small portion of France, not the whole country.
    Or maybe the cities can be based on the most well known cities in Europe. For example there could be a London themed city, a Paris themed one etc.........

Well, Unova was based on just the New York area, but it incorporated Ideas from the entire country like Virbank/Pokewood is reminicent of Southern California.
    3DS Friend Code: 4210-4695-6300
    PM me if you want to exchange FCs!

I WANT FENNEKIN NOW! QAQ

Like I said before, I think it wouldn't be to much if they based it on this area

\

While a bit bigger then most regions before, I imagine they'd cut it off at London or something, but it makes the most sense region wise.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Or maybe the cities can be based on the most well known cities in Europe. For example there could be a London themed city, a Paris themed one etc.........
    That's an amazing idea!
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post

I doubt we'll get anything new in corocoro, they'll probably reveal the same thing. We may get a new screenshot or two, but thats about it.
    Ideally we'll probably get art, species, typing and names for the 5 dudes
    and hopefully art for the players

but I'm not holding my breath for the region proper until February. I instead expect a lot of "^ EHHHH IS THAT A TOWER?!?!?" "UNPRECEDENTED 3D VIEWPOINT!!!!!"

If it is based on Europe, I would love to see Iceland incorporated into it somehow. Imagine taking a boat to a city with northern lights at nighttime, with buildings like those of small Icelandic towns, and an abundance of interesting new ice and water types. Just an idea.

I'm cool with it being based off of France, but I'm a bit sad. Ive secretly hoped that they'd make a region based off of Mexico/Central America.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Isn't that based on some observatory in France, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Isn't that based on some observatory in France, though?
    Is there any famous on. Maybe I dont know ?

Quote Originally Posted by y1y View Post
    If it is based on Europe, I would love to see Iceland incorporated into it somehow. Imagine taking a boat to a city with northern lights at nighttime, with buildings like those of small Icelandic towns, and an abundance of interesting new ice and water types. Just an idea.
    Oh my god, that sounds beautiful o.o

>i want it

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Ideally we'll probably get art, species, typing and names for the 5 dudes
    and hopefully art for the players

but I'm not holding my breath for the region proper until February. I instead expect a lot of "^ EHHHH IS THAT A TOWER?!?!?" "UNPRECEDENTED 3D VIEWPOINT!!!!!"
    Oh gosh, I can totally imagine that in a Japanese ad: "UNPRESSEDEN SURIIII DEEE VYEEEW POYN!!! EXTRUREEEMU!"
    Pokemon ŕ Paris? Ooh la-la!

Page 13 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast