Page 14 of 314 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post
    Oh gosh, I can totally imagine that in a Japanese ad: "UNPRESSEDEN SURIIII DEEE VYEEEW POYN!!! EXTRUREEEMU!"
    LLLOOOOL *wipes tear* Oh man, that's so racist.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

I hope the region will look asthetically different and have different areas again depending on which version you buy, as per Black and White, I much preferred the urban futuristic feel of black compared to whites naturalistic vibe!

Oh my god, that sounds beautiful o.o

>i want it

Oh gosh, I can totally imagine that in a Japanese ad: "UNPRESSEDEN SURIIII DEEE VYEEEW POYN!!! EXTRUREEEMU!"
    I laughed but I didn't want to xD

I hope the region's huge enough, I want it non-linear.

Quick Gamefreak. Read the The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I'm sure they may be reading one by now since Gen 6 is ALL ABOUT EUROPE / FRANCE! Eiffel tower wants a word.

Will we ever encounter a Pokemon version of the Louvre Museum (the glass diamond giant museum?)?

Or the Poke-version of the Saint Sulpice church (yeah. more European religion references poke-style)?

How about Rosslyn Chapel as a gym?

I think I can make a wild trump card of what the elite 4 building. ROME COLLISEUM! And it will have a friendly reference that millions of humans and pokemon/animals battled and DIED FOR ENTERTAINMENT, according to poke-history and real life history.

I hope they give reference to Italy where there are tons of food items that you can buy ranging from cheap ones to the EXPENSIVE PASTAS AND PIZZAS (both latters are the key meals of Italy)
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by y1y View Post
    If it is based on Europe, I would love to see Iceland incorporated into it somehow. Imagine taking a boat to a city with northern lights at nighttime, with buildings like those of small Icelandic towns, and an abundance of interesting new ice and water types. Just an idea.
    Oh, I'd love that. Maybe it could be some special hidden area unaccessible until defeating the E4, and you can find a Legendary Pokémon there? Seems fitting enough.

Is it bad that I burst out laughing at this?

Since this is France I will be very disappointed if there is no snail pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Is there any famous on. Maybe I dont know ?
    There's the Pic du Midi de Bigorre, seen here, and honestly, it does carry a resemblance to the observatory seen in the game.

Since we already have the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysees, I wonder if we'll get things like the Arc de Triomphe and the Tour de Montparnasse. The Louvre could be another cool addition, as jireh the provider suggested.

I'll admit, I laughed.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    There's the Pic du Midi de Bigorre, seen here, and honestly, it does carry a resemblance to the observatory seen in the game.

Since we already have the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysees, I wonder if we'll get things like the Arc de Triomphe and the Tour de Montparnasse.
    thnx, those doms are an excat fit !
    Also, am fully expecting a pokemon themed arc de triomphe.

Please, everyone. If this new region would completely be based on the entire continent of Europe, it would just be overwhelming, and not every country and culture will get it's moment to fully shine... It'd just a conglomerated mess and I doubt Game Freak would do that... I figure it's just France, possibly a neighboring country or countries will be included, like Spain, Germany, Belgium, part of the U.K., etc. The English Channel and/or the Bay of Biscay or the Balearic will make nice bodies of water. I am actually excited as Game Freak and Nintendo might even continue this new "tradition" of making nations and countries into regions... Unova was some on the United States, Gen 6's region is France... What might the next Gen's be? Australia? Other parts of Europe, North or South America? Africa or Asia perhaps? (besides Japan one would guess.)

well, new york had a big desert as Unova, I don't see why france can't have one too

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon~Master View Post
    Please, everyone. If this new region would completely be based on the entire continent of Europe, it would just be overwhelming, and not every country and culture will get it's moment to fully shine... It'd just a conglomerated mess and I doubt Game Freak would do that... I figure it's just France, possibly a neighboring country or countries will be included, like Spain, Germany, Belgium, part of the U.K., etc. The English Channel and/or the Bay of Biscay or the Balearic will make nice bodies of water. I am actually excited as Game Freak and Nintendo might even continue this new "tradition" of making nations and countries into regions... Unova was some on the United States, Gen 6's region is France... What might the next Gen's be? Australia? Other parts of Europe, North or South America? Africa or Asia perhaps? (besides Japan one would guess.)
    I agree with you. Gen 6 is wholly based on france only. I think the next might be german or Australia ( if it is oz then I want a kangaskhan pre-evo, it is ozzy after all )

Quote Originally Posted by artesox View Post
    well, new york had a big desert as Unova, I don't see why france can't have one too
    some people say that was supposed to be ground zero, dunno rumors i guess.

Wait, if the bicycle is replaced with rollerskates, and the region is france, then how are we meant to pretend we're in the tour de france?

This is a major oversight, gamefreak.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Isn't that based on some observatory in France, though?
    The closest thing from the pic there is in France is this in the South-West:

It doesn't really fit though, so I think that it is either a location based on something else in Europe, either something invented by the devs (like the desert in Unova, the one in Hoenn, and a lot of other things).

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    I think I can make a wild trump card of what the elite 4 building. ROME COLLISEUM! And it will have a friendly reference that millions of humans and pokemon/animals battled and DIED FOR ENTERTAINMENT, according to poke-history and real life history.
    A Colusseum as the Pokémon League location? WANT!! Sounds like an amazing idea.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

I think this region is another far away one, gathering from that route 3 sign. I hope im wrong, coz i really want to see a previous gen in this, especially in 3D !

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I think this region is another far away one, gathering from that route 3 sign. I hope im wrong, coz i really want to see a previous gen in this, especially in 3D !
    Mostvlikely is, though it could also be close, but not of the same nation, as all the prev regions were all the same nation. For all we know, it could be right next to Sinnoh ingame.

Seeing as this game is supposedly based in France, Masuda's Twitter avatar suddenly makes a lot more sense.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Mostvlikely is, though it could also be close, but not of the same nation, as all the prev regions were all the same nation. For all we know, it could be right next to Sinnoh ingame.
    They weren't: Unova was completely separate from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. I think the separation of the region is a step forward into making a more global pokemon.
    I am curious about what aspects of France are going to be best evoked in the game- perhaps a gym based around food, with a Chef gym leader?
    Soulsilver IGT:
    Soulsilver battle tower:

White IGT:
    Battle Subway:

platinum IGT:

Yellow (rom) IGT:
    Silver (rom) igt:

Quote Originally Posted by waternate View Post
    ...perhaps a gym based around food, with a Chef gym leader?
    I can actually see that being a Normal-type Gym.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I like that this region in probably far away from others... Makes it a lot more exciting to explore because you don't know what's going to come up. If it has older regions that takes out the surprise IMO. Plus how would Hoenn connect to this place with the Routes starting over? I'm saying this but I really have no idea what Hoenn routes started at...

I don't mind it being France, but part of me was hoping it to be Australia. We have 8 states/territories (a state/ territory per badge), the Great Barrier Reef (dive spot), Tasmania is a separate island (surf route), we have the great dividing range (mountain), mount hotham between Adelaide and Melbourne (snowy area), we have a huge desert in the middle of Australia, Ularoo (ayres rock, massive rock in the desert) and awesome native animals such as penguins, Tasmanian tigers (extinct, fossils?), platypuses, koalas, dingos, kangaroos, birds etc., anyway that's off topic, I want to see more than France in this region, hopefully a massive water route, more varying biomes, a less linear map and hopefully a decent map and size

So we have a french and chef gym leader called for, seems like good calls and normal types too good choice! We need a Dark Gym too we havent had one of those yet have we??? So I'm calling that a Dark Type Gym Leader Also we didnt see triple battle gym leader or 3 on 3 at same time. That would be very interesting to have that as a rule for a gym battle (or another 2 on 2) so might be silly and call a 3 on 3 rotation gym battle.

My Personal Gym Type Predictions (In Order- hah ive got not chance of getting this right): Normal, Flying, Grass, Rock, Fire, Steel, Fighting, Dark....
    Elite Four, Water, Bug, Ice, Electric,
    Champion: Ghost
    Current Pearl Team-
    Current Silver Team-
    Current Gold Team-
    Current Black Team- Emboar, Krookodile, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Crustle, Emolga
    Current Black 2 Team- ;604;
    Confirmed first two lvl 100 teams...
    My 1st lvl 100 Team- Charizard, Frostlass, Lanturn, Lucario, Shiftry, Gallade, My 2nd lvl 100 Team- Slowking, Houndoom, Armaldo, Crobat, Kingdra, Meganium

I'm kinda hoping that this will be a bit more vast than BW, but that's not likely.

Could it be possible that BW and XY are the first two in a long line of games based on the worlds most famous cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    I'm kinda hoping that this will be a bit more vast than BW, but that's not likely.

Could it be possible that BW and XY are the first two in a long line of games based on the worlds most famous cities?
    Well it depends on where Masuda goes on his holiday next

If you pronounce Yveltal differently, it shounds most of Eiffel Tower. Coincidence?

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Page 14 of 314 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast