Page 23 of 314 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

I hope there's a location like the Louvre. I'm not sure what 'art' they would implement inside of the game though.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    If I'm being honest, I don't think that the appearance of the Eiffel Tower confirms that the entire region will be based off of France. I think a much more likely possibility is that the region will be a much smaller, oversimplified version of Europe, which each major city in the region representing a major European city. This isn't even something that Game Freak would never do, because somebody pointed out earlier in this thread that while Unova is mainly based off New York, some cities are based off other locations throughout the US. Plus, making the new region a mini-Europe would add to so much cool diversity and a region with tons of unique places (for example, Pokemon games really seem to like having one or two water based cities, so how cool would it be to have a city based off of Venice that requires equal amount land and water transportation?)
    We kinda already had Alto Mare in the fifth Pokémon movie, that was based entirely around Venice. But that was in the Johto region.
    Last edited by SketchFox7; 11th January 2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Official Protag Namefor Gen VI
    ♂ Protag: Xavier
    ♀ Protag: Yvonne

I support Emerald & FR/LG remakes over Ruby & Sapphire remakes!!!

I support Wallace/Steven combo for RSE remakes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I hope there's a location like the Louvre. I'm not sure what 'art' they would implement inside of the game though.
    Mona Lisa having a Fennekin on her lap.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Mona Lisa having a Fennekin on her lap.
    I am actually thinking that there might be an NPC who might be based on DaVinci.
    I can see Smeargles everywhere.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I am actually thinking that there might be an NPC who might be based on DaVinci.
    Speaking of Smeargle, imagine if its PokeDex entry says that Gen VI's region is its native region and that it was imported to Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Mona Lisa with a Fennekin face.

Look at how small Unova. 200px-Unova_world_map.jpg
    Almost half of all the regions in the "Pokemon World" are introduced. This map came from the official Pokemon company and said all the other remaining regions are to be based off of this one. To tell you the truth, the world actually stayed the same of you look at the beginning of each Pokemon movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewott82 View Post
    Look at how small Unova. 200px-Unova_world_map.jpg
    Almost half of all the regions in the "Pokemon World" are introduced. This map came from the official Pokemon company and said all the other remaining regions are to be based off of this one. To tell you the truth, the world actually stayed the same of you look at the beginning of each Pokemon movie.
    How big are the other regions for comparison?

I want random Mr. Mimes and Mime Jr.s on the street as artists around the Eiffel Tower based building lol. Maybe even a Mr. Mime evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I hope this means return of easy berry growing. Gen V was pure Hell withut it.
    Well they at least has the berry hunting Funfest mission which was an easy way to get berries quickly.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Europe would be cool, but so would just France. I'd like to think they wouldn't condense a whole continent into a single region. I mean that's other cool countries that could have a whole region to themselves squished into little area. And Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are all next to each other so they make up Japan, so it could be cool if a bunch of regions are next to each other to make Europe. Imo anyways :P

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybiscuit View Post
    Europe would be cool, but so would just France. I'd like to think they wouldn't condense a whole continent into a single region. I mean that's other cool countries that could have a whole region to themselves squished into little area. And Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are all next to each other so they make up Japan, so it could be cool if a bunch of regions are next to each other to make Europe. Imo anyways :P
    Exactly. Why cramming so many countries into a region and representing them superficially when they could easily save them and give them full regions later, depicting as much of their culture and uniqueness as possible?

It's not like they will go back to make regions based on parts of Japan, I doubt that.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

If France is the based location then some mountainous areas based upon the Alps would be nice. Also, an area in the region based upon southern England could be interesting.

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

If we had Europe as the region, the population for each Pokemon region would be higher disproportionate.

Speaking of France, I hope we get songs with a French vibe.

Listen to 0:21 to 0:30 This is along the lines of what I'm talking about.

Now that would be awesome.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar trainer View Post
    If France is the based location then some mountainous areas based upon the Alps would be nice. Also, an area in the region based upon southern England could be interesting.
    Hm... Mountains, huh? Maybe we could have some mountain climbing mechanics going on. After all, the trailer did showcase some interaction with the environment (swinging on vines).
    But, anyway, I think they are going to base it off of France, for reasons stated above. I really want to see how this works out, though, with the Pokemon and environment. I definitely want to see more towns and cities soon. I think a region based off of France has a lot of potential.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Along with the Eiffel Tower, one can also see an old style 'Versailles'-like palace in the video. I think it's based off France as well, but we need to see a map to make sure.. France doesn't really have the most interesting geographical shape (a hexagon without many inland waters or mountains) so lets see what happens when they reveal the map.
    If it is France, maybe one gym will be based on the Louvre.
    3DS FC: 1048 8840 4517 Ghost
    GIVE US DELTA EMERALD
    OR GIVE US DEATH

Well at least the video game equivalent

A dream 16 years in the making.

Have anyone noticed that Unova is based on NYC which I think is where Lt.Surge comes from and if this region is based on France; woul be safe to say that Fantina comes from this region?

Btw, there isn't any more gym leaders and elite fours from other region beside Glacia?

Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    Have anyone noticed that Unova is based on NYC which I think is where Lt.Surge comes from and if this region is based on France; woul be safe to say that Fantina comes from this region?

Btw, there isn't any more gym leaders and elite fours from other region beside Glacia?
    It would be nice for Fantina to be from this region, but she doesn't speak French in the Japanese version, she speaks English. Oh well.

I think Crasher Wake was said to have been born overseas too.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by SketchFox7 View Post
    We kinda already had Alto Mare in the fifth Pokémon movie, that was based entirely around Venice. But that was in the Johto region.
    I'd really like to see a city that looks like Alto Mare. It's one of my favorite movie locations.

Did anyone notice that cities are much more like the size cities not towns. Most cities in all the pokemon games were just the size of towns.
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    I'd really like to see a city that looks like Alto Mare. It's one of my favorite movie locations.
    An in game Venice like city would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    Did anyone notice that cities are much more like the size cities not towns. Most cities in all the pokemon games were just the size of towns.
    Hum, yeah, I guess. How Mistralton was a City is beyond me.

Remember, technically, the cities don't have to be based on anything. Most of the cities in Unova weren't based on specific locations, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    I guess they must have done it for the sake of the fact it was 2d so with 3d they can make a lot more places look different. I hope there are more big cities, cities are always cool, especially when they're all European! (this is going to be my trip to France until I can actually go:P)

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybiscuit View Post
    I guess they must have done it for the sake of the fact it was 2d so with 3d they can make a lot more places look different. I hope there are more big cities, cities are always cool, especially when they're all European! (this is going to be my trip to France until I can actually go:P)
    Eh, I do hope so, as long as they resemble it quite well, as Europeans should be able to tell fairly quickly.

Whatever. I'm still happy they did a region on home ;D

Page 23 of 314 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast