Page 45 of 314 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #1101
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Hoenn had a theme, it was two words put together to make one word. Littleroot, forttree, mossdeep, oldale
    Well, that's not really a naming theme, as in Kanto (colors), Johto (plants) and Unova (clouds). It's just a naming "trend".

    Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Also, the all has some sort of plant/natural object.
    "Ever Grande"? "Slateport"? "Rustboro"?
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  2. #1102
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, that's not really a naming theme, as in Kanto (colors), Johto (plants) and Unova (clouds). It's just a naming "trend".



    "Ever Grande"? "Slateport"? "Rustboro"?
    Slate and Rust are very natural, and I wanna say something in ever grande means something.

  3. #1103

    Default

    I think it'll be similar to hoenn and sinnoh in that it'll be more nature based. I'm also thinking due to the graphics on the 3DS more climate and weather will be shown to take advantage of it. I look forward to how the music will reflect the game and parts of the region. BW did a good job sounding urban, and Sinnoh/Hoenn do as well sounding very natural, especialy hoenn which emphasized the majesty of nature through music. i'm hoping they will do the same here

  4. #1104
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    I'm not saying stay in the city, but use it as a hub maybe?
    And maybe this hub lies in the center of that region and many routes to other parts of the region depart from that huge city. In that case, we would get a resemblance to l'étoile de paris, which begins at the arc the triomphe.

    Etoile
    Sorry for the bad quality though..

  5. #1105
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    T.G Eterna Bldg
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Slate and Rust are very natural, and I wanna say something in ever grande means something.
    Evergreen? As in evergreen trees? I would definitely agree that the Hoenn towns were named with the theme of nature in mind. A great amount of emphasis was put on humans living naturally with pokemon in the games - a city in a forest, volcanic crater, small village on an island etc
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

    Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

    X FC - 0216-1327-7975

    I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

  6. #1106
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    I don't think I would like a central hub. Might as well be in a small room and use teleporters if you do that kind of crap.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  7. #1107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    Evergreen? As in evergreen trees? I would definitely agree that the Hoenn towns were named with the theme of nature in mind. A great amount of emphasis was put on humans living naturally with pokemon in the games - a city in a forest, volcanic crater, small village on an island etc
    Sinnoh I think there is a pattern, I just don't know what it is...
    Team Leader Since Gen III

    The Dream Team:

    Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

    Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

  8. #1108
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Sinnoh I think there is a pattern, I just don't know what it is...
    Sinnoh's cities don't follow a pattern at all.

    Twinleaf
    Sandgem
    Jubilife
    Oreburgh
    Floaroma
    Eterna
    Hearthome
    Solaceon
    Veilstone
    Pastoria
    Celestic
    Canalave
    Snowpoint
    Sunyshore

    Good luck deciphering a pattern out of that. The naming schemes are too varied.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  9. #1109
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Hearthome... I think that is one of my favourite city names so far. A lot of them seem to have kind of peaceful imagery associated with the name- Eterna: Eternity, Solaceon: Solaceon, etc. Beyond that and the ore/rock based ones I can't see anything linking them.

  10. #1110
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    Hearthome... I think that is one of my favourite city names so far. A lot of them seem to have kind of peaceful imagery associated with the name- Eterna: Eternity, Solaceon: Solaceon, etc. Beyond that and the ore/rock based ones I can't see anything linking them.
    Not sure if mentioned but Kabto had the colour theme going on. Viridian, Safforn and Fuschia, all colours.

  11. #1111
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Junichi Masuda has stated that Sinnoh's name is based on the Sino-Japanese term 神奥, which translates to "mysterious".
    so uh yeah that explains that.

    Still hoping for a music-based region.
    Last edited by Luxvan; 23rd January 2013 at 9:35 PM.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  12. #1112
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Junichi Masuda has stated that Sinnoh's name is based on the Sino-Japanese term 神奥, which translates to "mysterious".

    so uh yeah.

    That would definitely give the theme. What is the theme for Unova?

  13. #1113
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    That would definitely give the theme. What is the theme for Unova?
    Clouds.
    Accumula - cumulus
    Nimbasa - nimbus
    Icirrus - cirrus

    Those are the only ones I know off my head (the obvious ones lol), but it's definitely clouds.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  14. #1114
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Maybe it will be like derived from numbers, cause of the X and Y grid thing. Like have names of numbers from different languages and mash the names together?

  15. #1115
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I'm thinking mountains. Because mountains rock.

    (Get it?)
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

    ...well, who knows?” - Meowth

    Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

  16. #1116
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YDT View Post
    Maybe it will be like derived from numbers, cause of the X and Y grid thing. Like have names of numbers from different languages and mash the names together?
    Makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDark View Post
    I'm thinking mountains. Because mountains rock.

    (Get it?)
    Makes no sense.


    Anyway, dor useless stuff, Imma go vall this region Perella now, derived from the french word of Pearl: Perle.

  17. #1117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDark View Post
    I'm thinking mountains. Because mountains rock.

    (Get it?)
    Ha! Very Funny!
    Team Leader Since Gen III

    The Dream Team:

    Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

    Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

  18. #1118
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YDT View Post
    Maybe it will be like derived from numbers, cause of the X and Y grid thing. Like have names of numbers from different languages and mash the names together?
    Onuno sounds so derpy to me :P

    My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

    Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

    Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

  19. #1119
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    OR we didn't know it was compatible in the previous regions, really, it wouldn't be that difficult to correct cannonically.
    That's a pretty lame way to explain it, that like say "it just is" when trying to explain something. They should use another explanation, a good one, rather than "no one tried it" but, also, players can simply say, I tried that in a previous game and it never worked.

  20. #1120
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Clouds.
    Accumula - cumulus
    Nimbasa - nimbus
    Icirrus - cirrus

    Those are the only ones I know off my head (the obvious ones lol), but it's definitely clouds.
    That's the city naming theme, I think he/she asked about the region theme (just like Sinnoh's is mysteries, which has absolutely nothing to do with the names of its towns).
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  21. #1121
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    That's the city naming theme, I think he/she asked about the region theme (just like Sinnoh's is mysteries, which has absolutely nothing to do with the names of its towns).
    If so, Unova's theme is America, specifically New York. I mean, Garbage, Ice Cream, and Bald Eagle Pokémon? Definitely America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P


    Fun with SI prefixes:

    What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

    2 kilo Mockingbird

    That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

  22. #1122
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    If so, Unova's theme is America, specifically New York. I mean, Garbage, Ice Cream, and Bald Eagle Pokémon? Definitely America.
    There are three headed dragons and genies in New York? (I'm being sarcastic) I do agree to an extent, but there are only a few examples that fit. Hardly a theme there.

    My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

    Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

    Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

  23. #1123
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    If so, Unova's theme is America, specifically New York. I mean, Garbage, Ice Cream, and Bald Eagle Pokémon? Definitely America.
    Tahat's just what it's based on, not the theme.

    Because Sinnoh is not based off of mysteries, now is it?

  24. #1124
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    If so, Unova's theme is America, specifically New York. I mean, Garbage, Ice Cream, and Bald Eagle Pokémon? Definitely America.
    No, New York is the basis, not the theme.

    Unova's theme is coexisting and equality, as illustrated by its Japanese name and all the localizations. The theme here is that people (from many different cultures) and Pokémon can live together as part of a same whole, and almost everything revolves around this theme.

    New York was said to have been chosen as the basis exactly because it's a "melting pot", a place where many vastly different cultures live together side by side.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 24th January 2013 at 11:27 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  25. #1125
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    No, New York is the basis, not the theme.

    Unova's theme is coexisting and equality, as illustrated by its Japanese name and all the localizations. The theme here is that people (from many different cultures) and Pokémon can live together as part of a same whole, and almost everything revolves around this theme.

    New York was said to have been chosen as the basis exactly because it's a "melting pot", a place where many vastly different cultures live together side by side.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Tahat's just what it's based on, not the theme.

    Because Sinnoh is not based off of mysteries, now is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    There are three headed dragons and genies in New York? (I'm being sarcastic) I do agree to an extent, but there are only a few examples that fit. Hardly a theme there.
    Geez, all I did was get it wrong. But yeah I see the point. I misunderstood the use of the word 'theme'. What would Johto's be then? But if we're discussing something so complex, I find it hard to speculate on the new theme based only off a 2:00 video...


    Let's see, France. Something connecting old to new? I mean in France you have Versailles, Eiffel Tower, and modern buildings all within a reasonable distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P


    Fun with SI prefixes:

    What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

    2 kilo Mockingbird

    That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Page 45 of 314 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •