Page 55 of 314 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by No1Torick View Post
    Just because there is a fire room, does not mean it is for the Elite Four. It could be anything. Could even be a gym.
    Maybe..but it looks more like a Elite Four Room then a Gym..as for the Elite Four..it should be Grass,Water,Fire and Normal..

I quite like the idea of having one gym of each type, and then the elite four and champion use a mixture of the strongest ones
    However with they're being 17 types I highly doubt this will ever happen

And no, that's not including the light type people want to be put in
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

Quote Originally Posted by No1Torick View Post
    Just because there is a fire room, does not mean it is for the Elite Four. It could be anything. Could even be a gym.
    It looks far too fancy to just be a gym.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    It does look like it has gym statues in it though, which haven't been in E4 rooms since Gen 3 or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

That's fair enough, although you might have said that of Elesa's revamped gym in B2 and W2 if you'd only seen videos or teasers.
    On to overall region speculation, I'd say I think it's more likely to be a part of Europe rather than just France, or France with elements of other countries blended in. I fully expect a Big Ben clone and probably some sort of sea voyage to get there. Making it France-Germany-England makes sense geographically and gives a lot of scope for the environments and landmarks that could be used.

Maybe, but they may have given the gyms improved puzzles/visuals seeing as more is capable with the 3Ds
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

Well if it is just a gym I would love to see what they whip up for the E4 rooms, cuz they are gonna have to look a lot better that that.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Yes, it does. Pokémon is all about patterns, and there's absolutely no reason for this one to change.
    Patterns are broken and changed. We thought every generation would have a 3rd version, but gen 5 got rid of that, gen 5 also got rid of rhydon statues in gyms, gen 3 got rid of them in elite 4 rooms, gen 5 got rid of facing the e4 in a set order. All of which were apparent in previous games and can be considered following one pattern

I want a lot of water areas in this game... I also want Hidden Bases and huge underwater caverns back - basically, a region like Hoenn again!
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    I want a lot of water areas in this game... I also want Hidden Bases and huge underwater caverns back - basically, a region like Hoenn again!
    I suggest waiting for the Hoenn remake instead of making Gen 6 a Hoenn rip-off.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutland's Moustache View Post
    On to overall region speculation, I'd say I think it's more likely to be a part of Europe rather than just France, or France with elements of other countries blended in. I fully expect a Big Ben clone and probably some sort of sea voyage to get there. Making it France-Germany-England makes sense geographically and gives a lot of scope for the environments and landmarks that could be used.
    This is the idea I've been having, because the region looks majority France with other European influences and Norse/Celtic mythology (see the legendary spec. thread for my and other arguments on that. Pg. 156+). I'm hoping that the region will at least resemble Germany, France and Spain on the map, with the UK an island for later on (Frontier like in DPPt?) or maybe the starting town, if Northern and Southern Ireland are included. If I see a One Direction reference, I'll kill myself out of loss in faith for life and humanity... even though 1D is quite recent...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I agree, I'd like more water areas than Unova, or Sinnoh, where Surf was a less-than-nessecary field move, unlike Kanto and Johto, where at least 1 gym was on an island.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

I'd been feeling lately that its too early to remake the 3rd gen, but now that I realise it'll be in 3D, I am seriously pumped for the remakes.

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    I agree, I'd like more water areas than Unova, or Sinnoh, where Surf was a less-than-nessecary field move, unlike Kanto and Johto, where at least 1 gym was on an island.

HUGELY AGREE! I've talked about before on this thread. I would love A LOT marine exploration!
    It would be so great! I just hope that doesn't prove to be impossible in this new 3-D world!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    I agree. Water routes are often pretty fun (Hoenn water routes are some of my faves, though there was perhaps maybe a bit too much water there).

Tying this in with something that was said a few pages back about wanting a prominent River in X and Y, perhaps we could have a couple of cities sitting in a lake caused by said river? Would be a nice detour for two or three cities.

More than anything though I just want to move around in a non-linear fashion again. Johto doesn't have many water routes, but it has enough, and makes up for this shortage by having you take a varied route through the region.

I hope they don't make huge but empty areas in the game.
    In other words, don't make another Moor of Iccirus.

Sure, there were items and a few trainers, but there's really nothing noteworthy in the area aside from the Keldeo event (IF you have a Keldeo).
    Even the Pokemon obtainable in the area are just repeats of Route 8.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I agree. Water routes are often pretty fun (Hoenn water routes are some of my faves, though there was perhaps maybe a bit too much water there).

Tying this in with something that was said a few pages back about wanting a prominent River in X and Y, perhaps we could have a couple of cities sitting in a lake caused by said river? Would be a nice detour for two or three cities.

More than anything though I just want to move around in a non-linear fashion again. Johto doesn't have many water routes, but it has enough, and makes up for this shortage by having you take a varied route through the region.
    I like this idea; perhaps you could travel up or down the river to reach other towns? Or perhaps have a town that's similar to Venice, where you can explore it by using the waterways.
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    This is the idea I've been having, because the region looks majority France with other European influences and Norse/Celtic mythology (see the legendary spec. thread for my and other arguments on that. Pg. 156+). I'm hoping that the region will at least resemble Germany, France and Spain on the map, with the UK an island for later on (Frontier like in DPPt?) or maybe the starting town, if Northern and Southern Ireland are included. If I see a One Direction reference, I'll kill myself out of loss in faith for life and humanity... even though 1D is quite recent...
    I like these ideas. There's no reason why, with 8 or more cities, each one can't be representative of a European city. Looks like Paris is in, you could also have London, Berlin, Madrid, Copenhagen etc. There'd be a lot of awesome landmarks to choose from and the areas could be fairly diverse. Gym leader in lederhosen?

I hope there will at least be one snow city area like Snowpoint, or if they keep the seasons going simply have snow during winter. I love snow and ice worlds/cities in video games so I hope Pokemon XY have them. I'm really excited on what the region's map will look like.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I would be happy if the region is not a big chunk of land and the cities are connected in a circular pattern, regarding the map I want a similar map style to Sinnoh but a little bit more realistic and polished... didn´t like so much Unova's map style so I hope they won´t go that path again

If we do get seasons again, I hope we get an area that is only accessible if it's winter time, like a cave or old building of some sort. I know we had parts of Twist Mountain only accessible by it being winter time, but I mean a whole area.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    If we do get seasons again, I hope we get an area that is only accessible if it's winter time, like a cave or old building of some sort. I know we had parts of Twist Mountain only accessible by it being winter time, but I mean a whole area.
    I'm pretty sure they are not going to pull another r/s. Seasons will be there. I'm sure they are going to expand it to something like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    I like this idea; perhaps you could travel up or down the river to reach other towns? Or perhaps have a town that's similar to Venice, where you can explore it by using the waterways.
    It was someone else's idea first :P. However yes, I like the notion of a dominant river sweeping through several towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I hope there will at least be one snow city area like Snowpoint, or if they keep the seasons going simply have snow during winter. I love snow and ice worlds/cities in video games so I hope Pokemon XY have them. I'm really excited on what the region's map will look like.
    Agreed. A nice snowy area in X and a tropical area in Y please.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are not going to pull another r/s. Seasons will be there. I'm sure they are going to expand it to something like you said.
    Seasons just seemed somewhat tacked on in B/W. I want them to actually be useful for summat.

I hope they don't make huge but empty areas in the game.
    In other words, don't make another Moor of Iccirus.

Sure, there were items and a few trainers, but there's really nothing noteworthy in the area aside from the Keldeo event (IF you have a Keldeo).
    Even the Pokemon obtainable in the area are just repeats of Route 8.
    Agreed, Moor of Icirrus was such a forgettable area that in BW1 I actually did forget about it until long after I beat the game. At the very least, every area should have a unique set of Pokemon to them, no two areas would have the exact same set (in otherwords, no more situations like with Rt. 5 and 16, Icirrus City, Rt. 8, and Moor of Icirrus, etc. We have more than enough Pokemon to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post
    I would be happy if the region is not a big chunk of land and the cities are connected in a circular pattern, regarding the map I want a similar map style to Sinnoh but a little bit more realistic and polished... didn´t like so much Unova's map style so I hope they won´t go that path again
    This is a huge part of what was wrong with Unova's design, the hexagon design limited the ability to make the storyline path nonlinear. In fact, I'd like to see someone try and make a storyline path through Unova that isn't linear, that'd be amazing if it were possible.

Please, no more seasons, it's really annoying having to wait 3 months just to access a particular area. I'd rather they use weather to do the same thing, that way it could follow weekly patterns instead of monthly ones. There's a lot of neat things they could do with that, too. Sunshine would cause the water level to lower so you can access low lying paths. Rain could raise the water so you can Surf to higher paths, as well as adding puddles everywhere. Snow would function like Winter, creating snow piles in the area and freezing over waterways. Sandstorms could cause sand to pile up similar to Autumn in Rt. 20. And like with seasons, different Pokemon could appear based on the weather, you could see more Fire and Grass types when it's sunny, more Water and Electric types when it's raining, more Ice types when it's snowing, and more Rock and Ground types during sandstorms.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post
    I agree, except I think I liked johto's map the most.
    Just because although it was mostly made up of land mass, there was still a lot of water and an island to travel towards.
    Which in my opinion was a huge plus because it reminded of the days back in kanto, or hoenn, where surfing can actually get you to places.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Page 55 of 314 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast