Page 114 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

You know what would be better than Hidden Grottoes in Waterfalls? Hidden Grottoes underwater.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You know what would be better than Hidden Grottoes in Waterfalls? Hidden Grottoes underwater.
    Which could also mean the return of Dive as HM...? Anyways, ha, great idea there.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Perhaps we're gonna get a region based off of France and the UK, (Short for 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.) and Republic of Ireland? (Separate from UK political-wise.)

I mean the Channel Tunnel would be an amazing Skyarrow Bridge/Marine Tube like area, and if UK is post-game only, we'd get more places to explore. I'm only saying this due to the fact the UK and France have close ties. Fashion? London and Paris. Celtic mythology? Scotland and France, e.t.c. The 3DS has bigger memory, and I'm sure GF would want to make the game as big as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Perhaps we're gonna get a region based off of France and the UK, (Short for 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.) and Republic of Ireland? (Separate from UK political-wise.)

I mean the Channel Tunnel would be an amazing Skyarrow Bridge/Marine Tube like area, and if UK is post-game only, we'd get more places to explore. I'm only saying this due to the fact the UK and France have close ties. Fashion? London and Paris. Celtic mythology? Scotland and France, e.t.c. The 3DS has bigger memory, and I'm sure GF would want to make the game as big as possible!
    I'd rather have it focused in another game, especcially if UK and France are only in there, because then I'd be a bit raged that Germany, Netherlands, Italy, etc. Isn't in there :P

But, I guess it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I'd rather have it focused in another game, especcially if UK and France are only in there, because then I'd be a bit raged that Germany, Netherlands, Italy, etc. Isn't in there :P

Adding Germany, Netherlands, Italy, be would be overkill. I think they should base the next regions off these.

that is a lot of countries to include for a single region
    while i would like italy to be in one of the games, i cannot see it being in this one too
    maybe next gen we will get an italian based region, and you can go to the gen six region from there kinda like HGSS

That would be just awful. No single region should take up an entire country, let alone five plus etcetera. We would only get one or two cities and routes per country. Unless you're assuming GF is going to make the longest pokemon game ever. I can see that going terribly as well, in my opinion. Regions have the same layout as other real life regions or cities. We're not getting a continent for the very purpose these have been kept as regions/cities, because there will always be something they can do next generation. Why would you want them to waste a possible twenty more generations? I for one am absolutely content with just one city/state/territory(I really don't know much about French geography) being the layout for this generation.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

It's because these could easily be put in there own gens. In fact, I had this dream where Gen VII was a Greece-Themed region, with Legends based on the Olympian Gods, Plus Hestia, Hades and Persephone. An actual good excuse for that much legends. Then there was a Gen VIII with Rome/Italy as a basis, and as well as a few more gods, the past ones all got more offensive Roman formes. Now that is a good excuse for formes.

But it's mostly because the UK is so... rainy. And bland. And rainy.... Did mention it rains? Alot? It'd be boring by itself, but with France it wouldn't be half bad. And this is coming from someone living in the UK.

Anyway, I'd like the Battle Frontier to be based on Shetland and Orkney-like areas.

Battle Tower (The Basic one!)
    Battle Factory (Blah, Blah, Rental Pokes.)
    Battle Roulette (God this one was fun in Pt/HG/SS! All the effects!)
    Battle Lab (Replaces your Pokemon's moves and abilities with random ones! XD)
    Battle Temple (Only Legendary Pokemon are allowed ;P The NPCs will use Pokemon such as the Pixie legends, The Regis, The Kamis, The Moon Duo, The Birds, Ho-oh, Lugia, The Beats, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza but no Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem. It'd make to sense: The Pokemon based on the things that make the world like it is, and Reshi/Zek/Kyu are too with trainers. This also applies to the Lake trio.)
    e.t.c,

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    That would be just awful. No single region should take up an entire country, let alone five plus etcetera. We would only get one or two cities and routes per country. Unless you're assuming GF is going to make the longest pokemon game ever. I can see that going terribly as well, in my opinion. Regions have the same layout as other real life regions or cities. We're not getting a continent for the very purpose these have been kept as regions/cities, because there will always be something they can do next generation. Why would you want them to waste a possible twenty more generations? I for one am absolutely content with just one city/state/territory(I really don't know much about French geography) being the layout for this generation.
    ... That was my point. The poster I replied to wanted UK, but Fance itself is already too much.

The stuff I said was why it should only be France and UK when there's 10+ more countries to choose from.

... That was my point. The poster I replied to wanted UK, but Fance itself is already too much.

The stuff I said was why it should only be France and UK when there's 10+ more countries to choose from.
    Because the UK is like, absolutely tiny and would make a good Post-Game? And how is France itsef too much? This game, chances are, will have a bigger region, so UK+France woud make a decent size.

And maybe because GF wants to save the other 10+ for another game? Perhaps because when you think Europe, it's the UK and France that pop into most people's head first? Well, besides Germany, but still.

We saw GF based the first four regions on regions of Japan. And then one city? Who's to say they won't do a whole continent? It's up to them and them only.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Because the UK is like, absolutely tiny and would make a good Post-Game? And how is France itsef too much? This game, chances are, will have a bigger region, so UK+France woud make a decent size.

And maybe because GF wants to save the other 10+ for another game? Perhaps because when you think Europe, it's the UK and France that pop into most people's head first? Well, besides Germany, but still.

We saw GF based the first four regions on regions of Japan. And then one city? Who's to say they won't do a whole continent? It's up to them and them only.

Okay we get it, you want your UK in X and Y. But dang, just accept that it is based on France. There is no reason to include the UK out of all countries in Europe when France is already confirmed. Also, please, stop moaning about your UK. Hope you realize it is pretty insulting for every other European country when you go on about how "everyone thinks about UK and France when they think of Europe". That alone is pretty ignorant already. If Gamefreak will include more then one country in this game, for whatever reason, then I think they have done Europe no justice. Pokémon won't end anytime soon, so the UK might be in gen 7, 8, 9, 15, 69, 124. Nobody knows as of now and honestly, outside of the UK, I doubt anyone gives a darn.

It is anoying as heck just to read your comments about how it will be about Europe. Unlike Japan, Unlike the U.S.A. Europe is a Continent and anyone thinking, that it might just be one country or whatever are being ignorant as heck. France has just as many rights to have a region based on it as the US did, or Japan. And yes, France is kind of an obvious choice, the Eiffel tower is pretty much known everywhere and Paris and other big cities are known for their shopping areas and whatever. I personally doubt the UK has anything to show besides the Big Ben and that giant Ferris wheel (which Nimbasa already had so having another one isn't going to be all amazing anyway.) Same goes for Germany, (the Branderburger Tor isn't really that famous around the world.) France has this unique architecture style, the Louvre and whatever else, it also has the stereotypical berret / stickbread thing and cheeses and wine. If a country has such a stereotypical culture, like The Netherlands (Cheese, Art, Amsterdam, windmills, Tullips, wooden shoes and other stuff which is pretty famous in Japan) or Italy (Football, islands, the architectural style, Venice, Roman architecture) Spain (Woop, More Football, Costa del sol, Dances, clothing,) or Greece (Doubt this needs explaining) then it has a big chance to be able to be made into a region, just because they are recognizeable around the world and even then I still miss a lot of cultures and traditions of other countries spread around Europe. Portugal, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, you know, might as well include even more, what about Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Czech Republic, F.Y.R of Macadonia, Andora, San Marino, Iceland, Swiss, Austria, Luxembourg, Belgium, Lithuania, Moldavia.. Yeah, how do you think anyone of those countries would feel if they get a Europe Region with "UK and France". or with statements about how those "are the most known/countries you think of, most important (lol) etc countries in Europe." It's like saying Mexico and Canada would just be part of the USA because mweh nobody really thinks of those when they mention America amirite. Again, if they made Europe as a whole the region, I would actually be insulted.

Excuse my lovely rant just right there. But hold your bloody horses, it's France's time to shine right now in the world of Pokémon, whatever your country is will also get it's time someday.
    I claimed Machoke in the Official Claim a Pokémon thread.
    And I unofficially claim Shizui/Marlon and Brawly.

..France has been officially confirmed as the region?! I know it's definitely not been confirmed by any official Nintendo branch, but Machoke said it so it must be true!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

and if it is based off of france, they would do exactly what they did with the past regions, and only use a portion of the country to make up the region
    hell they used japan for four different regions

Hah, this is totally the Unova is based on USA thing all over isn't it? Except this time we clearly had the EIFFELTOWER being shown, and some other French sightseeing attractions. Which is even, you know, more obvious then the "It's a far away region this time, daisy dukes sky scraper stereotype USA" mentions last time with Gen 5. Oh, and that also didn't get confirmed until I believe close to it's release date. But sure, hold on to your UK dreams, even though there are no signs of the UK being in it at all.
    I claimed Machoke in the Official Claim a Pokémon thread.
    And I unofficially claim Shizui/Marlon and Brawly.

Quote Originally Posted by Machoke View Post
    Hah, this is totally the Unova is based on USA thing all over isn't it? Except this time we clearly had the EIFFELTOWER being shown, and some other French sightseeing attractions. Which is even, you know, more obvious then the "It's a far away region this time, daisy dukes sky scraper stereotype USA" mentions last time with Gen 5. Oh, and that also didn't get confirmed until I believe close to it's release date. But sure, hold on to your UK dreams, even though there are no signs of the UK being in it at all.
    while this is true, you don't have to be getting all huffy puffy about it sheesh
    why can't the UK be in it? kinda like the Sevii islands? thought of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It didn't occur to me until recently that Flash on the overworld could be pretty interesting. They could make caves and tunnels have a creepy atmosphere, and the 3D will add to the effect.

I would like to see a catacombs location too, probably under the Eiffel Tower city, like the Castelia Sewers. It would be filled with ghost types and rare bones/ancient items. I suppose it could be the game's resident creepy location.
    This.
    A catacombs idea would be amazing. It could be like the Pokemon Tower, but one that's forgotten.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Yeah, quite a while ago we talked about the catacombs under Paris being a great place to implement into the game

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Yeah, quite a while ago we talked about the catacombs under Paris being a great place to implement into the game
    Oh that would be so creepy if they included 3D skeletons and dark shadows going everywhere before a battle with a ghost Pokemon. So creepy but 3D really looks to be a cool element added to the series.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

I like the catacombs idea, quite, it can be a throwback of Lavender Town and I do believe as an Easter egg that will certainly make everyone remember their time in Gen I/III that the music used is a enhanced and remixed Lavender Town theme. Oh and I have a gameplay idea for it, just like how the ghost of Morwark was haunting the Pokemon Tower you go to the catacombs to find... hm... lets say the little sister to the gym leader you're trying to battle. The gym leader asks you to find her and splits up to search different parts of the catacombs. To make a throwback to the entries of the ghost Pokemon, the little girl is following a ghostly girl with an odd mask on her face and you have to track them down and suddenly the ghostly girl reveals herself to be one of the newer ghost types. You battle the Pokemon and can choose to catch or defeat (similar to the Hypno in LG/FR).

Actually I have a decent Pokedex entry for it too, an Easter egg to MM.

"It is said that it lures simply because it wants to play. No one is quite sure of what becomes of those that it lures away. Young children are its favorite targets and hate adults. It wears an odd mask to hide its face and no one has seen its true face for centuries."

Edit:

Oh and similar to how real-life catacombs tend to look like, in some areas are piles of bones and you don't know if it's Pokemon or human. Then you see some ghost people wandering around in certain areas that turn out to be Pokemon using their abilities to mess with you because they wanted to play a trick on you.

Sometimes when you are walking your shadows moves astray and turns out to be either Gengar (since in its entry it mentions to do such things) or a newer Pokemon. Sometimes you'll even see some red eyes looking at you in the dark shadows where you can't go.
    Last edited by TomoEGoto; 28th April 2013 at 6:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    If i were to give my 5 cents.
    I dont think a region has to be based on A country. France has loads of elements that could be used in a pokemon game. Some people have been jumping to fair enough conclusions comparing some places seen in the original trailer to french landmarks. But (unless im missing something) france isnt known for a massive tree (as seen in the trailer). Which leads me to think that gamefreak will stop basing regions of a country and just start mixing it up with elements of a loads of countries. (Which could be a disaster)
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    I dont think a region has to be based on A country. France has loads of elements that could be used in a pokemon game. Some people have been jumping to fair enough conclusions comparing some places seen in the original trailer to french landmarks. But (unless im missing something) france isnt known for a massive tree (as seen in the trailer). Which leads me to think that gamefreak will stop basing regions of a country and just start mixing it up with elements of a loads of countries. (Which could be a disaster)
    It doesn't have to be. In fact, Pokemon has never based any of the Pokemon regions on a COUNTRY.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh is based on Kanto, Kansai, Kyuushu, and Hokkaido respectively.
    Unova is based on Manhattan and a portion of New Jersey, but it even had structures based on Japanese landmarks.

If anything, I think this new region could be based on just a small portion of France and not the country as a whole, with added elements from other countries (or Japan yet again).

BTW, just a little correction... It not a giant tree. Look more carefully.

The wall is painted white with moss markings. The walkway is made of concrete. Even people confuse the ROPES for VINES. The leaves are vines that are most likely from a garden at the tower's rooftop. It's a man-made structure.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    It's unclear if you were using my words as an example or if you misread them. Whatever it may be, I never meant for it to be about the overall influence of the games. Just the layout of the region. As Wulava said, it will likely be a portion of France and nothing more. That was the only case I was attempting to make while getting worked up into a fuss by the constant desire for multiple European based regions in X and Y. Sorry for being misunderstood.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Umm, Okay, since apparently according to Machoke I can't talk about the UK because there's no signs of it, I'll just focus on France right now. (Sheesh, no need to get huffy. It's Region Speculation for a reason. BTW, from the UK. You expect me not to be biased towards my own country? I guess it's illegal to speculate without concrete evidence now.)

I love the Catacombs idea. I love the Dark spooky areas. Would create a great atmosphere.

I'd like to see the Eiffel Tower as a kinda viewing platform. How awesome would it be if the evil team tries to blow it up!?

Finally, I'd like to see a cave/water route wrapped into one. That way, me and my Poison-Type army of Zubat and Tentacool will destroy you all!

well since its based on france...amd since 5th gen was based on NYC and Pokemon BASED on that thats Prolly goin to Happen again....Pokemon based on that

I wonder what the Evil team are planning to do here?????
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

http://www.fromparis.com/images/wall...ysees_full.jpg
    IF the region is based on France, the champs elysees would be a nice 'victory road' or something. It's different from the caves that we are used to know but this would be a nice alternative road.

Page 114 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast