Page 105 of 314 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

More gyms please

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Why not make it similar to how W.Treehollow and B. Skyscraper were in BW2? Where instead of Battle Frontier Hax (admittedly the most frustrating to ever witness), you get maybe a couple of floors of strong trainers that you'll need to defeat in order to progress to the next island. That way it helps the casual gamers who don't fully know the reigns of EV training and IV breeding, while still allowing the hardcore fan to have fun with the battle system. Each Island would have a pre-determined amount of trainers + 1 boss trainer similar to W.Treehollow and B. Skyscraper (I guess I'm thinking too much of One Piece where the arcs are shaped in that almost every Island that the Strawhats stop in has a boss pirate that Luffy and the Crew need to defeat). And top it off with an epic reward at the final island?
    This is a better idea than the Battle Frontier one.

Yeah, the Battle Frontier should be in a whole other part of the region. Maybe have the Battle Frontier at an airport where giant cargo planes hold the battles. Similar to the Battle Subway, but with planes.

I loved that skyscraper in Black 2. I mean, you got experience from the battles. I used that thing to level up twelve pokemon to 100 and I'll probably do more once I finish this run. I hope they bring something like that back again. That said, I also love Battle Frontier. Not the subway, the Frontier. I never liked the subway... too boring for me. I like the different battle rules for the frontier, they're fun and interesting.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    I loved that skyscraper in Black 2. I mean, you got experience from the battles. I used that thing to level up twelve pokemon to 100 and I'll probably do more once I finish this run. I hope they bring something like that back again. That said, I also love Battle Frontier. Not the subway, the Frontier. I never liked the subway... too boring for me. I like the different battle rules for the frontier, they're fun and interesting.
    I definitely thought the designers would improve the subway by having more trains go to different battle facilities, but alas, it didn't happen.
    The Battle Frontier was better than the Pokemon World Tournament, in my opinion. I like battling previous gym leaders, but new battle facilities (as well as Triple and Rotation battles being a new battle form) would be greatly appreciated this gen. And I think GameFreak should add in just a few battle facilities as a small taste of new battle rules, and then add in a whole-slew addition of facilites in the third/sequel games.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    More gyms please
    I would love it if X and Y had 16 badges like G/S/HG/SS. 8 gyms only kind of bores me to be honest unless the typing of the gyms are actually interesting. I agree with you though. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I would love it if X and Y had 16 badges like G/S/HG/SS. 8 gyms only kind of bores me to be honest unless the typing of the gyms are actually interesting. I agree with you though. =)
    Same! It'd be great if we could go to one of the old regions after the story and take on their gyms.

Another thing I really loved were the Sevii Islands from FireRed. I don't know if it was because I was younger or because they were legitimately awesome, but I had so much fun exploring those. And having to track down those gems or whatever so I could trade pokemon from my other versions... it was a lot of trouble, but really fun for me. I'd love to see something like that again, with a bunch of sidequests and maybe a hidden legendary or two.

Alpha Sapphire Team

With it being the first 3D game I really hope they do go the route of G/S/HG/SS with 16 gyms (as you'd thing they would go all out on the first game) but I fear it's quite unlikely as nothing has stopped them from being able to do it before and yet they haven't done it since them and the remakes.. but here's hoping!

EDIT: I think being able to go back to Kanto would be great, kinda like joining the next generation (3D) with where it all began

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    With it being the first 3D game I really hope they do go the route of G/S/HG/SS with 16 gyms (as you'd thing they would go all out on the first game) but I fear it's quite unlikely as nothing has stopped them from being able to do it before and yet they haven't done it since them and the remakes.. but here's hoping!

EDIT: I think being able to go back to Kanto would be great, kinda like joining the next generation (3D) with where it all began
    Agreed. I never understood why they never did past gold and silver. Yes either kanto or hoenn we should return to

Bring the PWT back, it was the best source for Battle Points personally rather than the Battle Haxway/Frontier. With just three matches rather than seven, it makes earning BP more easily while the items (not counting TMs) were half the cost of the price at the Subway. What was more cool is that you can also easily farm for shards by just forfeiting the match.

Adding more gyms is fine, but I don't want them to have two regions, because then you have to dumb down the regional design to make it fit. It'd be like Unova x 2, which is just plain boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

What they should do is have 12 gyms divided into four tiers. You only have to get 2 from each tier to advance to the E4 the rest is gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    You should decide which gyms you want to battle. The anime has shown Gary with ten gym badges even though we as children were led to believe that each region only had eight gyms. Also Trip with was shown to have the toxic badge way before they introduced Roxy. These examples prove that A. There are more than eight gyms in a region & B. You can choose which gym you want to challenge. Again from an anime standpoint but still, it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    You should decide which gyms you want to battle. The anime has shown Gary with ten gym badges even though we as children were led to believe that each region only had eight gyms. Also Trip with was shown to have the toxic badge way before they introduced Roxy. These examples prove that A. There are more than eight gyms in a region & B. You can choose which gym you want to challenge. Again from an anime standpoint but still, it would be nice.
    Well, we have 11 different gyms in Unova (albeit not all at once) in the actual games, so maybe they could go for something along those lines in future games.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

yeah, i want more gyms in the region, with the option to challenge them all, but only needing a minimum of 8 badges to challenge the E4. You can challenge the gyms in any order, however, they won't have different level teams depending on when you battle them, say at the start you want to challenge the "8th" gym leader, their team and gym trainers will have a set level regardless of when you challenge them.

People from the new region should actually speak French! In S.S. Anne, we learn that French-language exists in Pokémon World, so why not?

Also, I think it should be near Unova (and distant from the other ones...)

The problem is exactly this. The games have always stressed eight badges. It just seems like something that doesn't need to be changed. What exactly does more than eight gyms bring to the table?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    The problem is exactly this. The games have always stressed eight badges. It just seems like something that doesn't need to be changed. What exactly does more than eight gyms bring to the table?
    Basically an even more fun game with different gym challenges. I enjoyed HGSS because som of the Kanto gyms were changed, creating a more enjoyable gameplay experience. However, Battle Frontiers and the White Treehollow and Black Skyscraper are gym alternatives with more difficult battles after many or all of the gyms are overcome.

I hate to say it guys, but I really doubt we'll get to see a 2nd region post-game.

Let me break it down for ya, region by region:

Kanto - This probably the only one we could have a shot of seeing (although that isn't saying much). If we did see it, it'd have to be pre-Gen II, 'cause I think 3 regions would be pushing it. The question is though, would we really want what would essentially be R/B post-game just for the sake of extending gameplay time? If you think "yes", then you might as well just play R/B/FR/LG after playing X/Y. Same thing.

Johto - See Kanto.

Hoenn - Now, while you may think that we could see Hoenn post-game, ask yourself this; Would GF rather bundle Hoenn in with X/Y and make no extra money, or give Hoenn their own games and essentially make double-money?

Sinnoh - See Hoenn.

Unova - We've been to Unova 2 times already. 3 would be overkill.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    I hate to say it guys, but I really doubt we'll get to see a 2nd region post-game.

Let me break it down for ya, region by region:

Kanto - This probably the only one we could have a shot of seeing (although that isn't saying much). If we did see it, it'd have to be pre-Gen II, 'cause I think 3 regions would be pushing it. The question is though, would we really want what would essentially be R/B post-game just for the sake of extending gameplay time? If you think "yes", then you might as well just play R/B/FR/LG after playing X/Y. Same thing.

Johto - See Kanto.

Hoenn - Now, while you may think that we could see Hoenn post-game, ask yourself this; Would GF rather bundle Hoenn in with X/Y and make no extra money, or give Hoenn their own games and essentially make double-money?

Sinnoh - See Hoenn.

Unova - We've been to Unova 2 times already. 3 would be overkill.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    People actually thought we would get a horribly developed region and then another old one slapped on to it? That's stupid.

Buut... Really, least likely mainstream region to appear in the game (or at all again for that matter) is probably Sevii. I mean, it as just there to give FRLG a postgame :P

I think a proper new post main game area like Sevii Islands would be great and awesome rather than some area on the main map that is blocked off for a random reason.

Battling different and many gyms in any order is a nice idea but I think the reason why its impossible is because of the place of your home town in-game and HMs may only get after certain conditions and events. Addition, the levels of the Pokemon that the Gym Leaders had. Its bad to see that all of the Gym Leaders' Pokemon is only at Level 25 or lower except if they make a "program" in the game if you defeat a Gym leader all the level of the remaining Gym Leader would increase.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

I'm really tired of old regions tbh. All regions (except hoenn) are playable on the DS; time to leave them regions behind and look ahead now. I'm fond of the old games but theyre all playable on the current hardware now. If you want two regions, how bout two NEW regions? Beats the hell outta old ones running off spit and nostalgia.

Here's my take on the France Region
    XYRegion.jpg
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Dren View Post
    I'm really tired of old regions tbh. All regions (except hoenn) are playable on the DS; time to leave them regions behind and look ahead now. I'm fond of the old games but theyre all playable on the current hardware now. If you want two regions, how bout two NEW regions? Beats the hell outta old ones running off spit and nostalgia.
    I don't think they'd put two new regions in one game. Why do that when they can make more money by having each region they come up with in a separate generation.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Here's my take on the France Region
    XYRegion.jpg
    That's... okay I guess, but it could stand to be a little less linear and a bit more connected. Especially with that northern section, it's just one long string of like, 7 cities or something.

Also needs more optional paths.

Page 105 of 314 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast