Page 106 of 314 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Adding more gyms is fine, but I don't want them to have two regions, because then you have to dumb down the regional design to make it fit. It'd be like Unova x 2, which is just plain boring.
    Agreed. How about 12 gyms, and 8 is nessecary for the Pokemon league while the last 4 are optional? I just want them in the same region though, instead of an old region.
    I'm awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    Agreed. How about 12 gyms, and 8 is nessecary for the Pokemon league while the last 4 are optional? I just want them in the same region though, instead of an old region.
    Yea i could see this working. For example , the first gym is the town or two after your home one. Then you can choose which gym to go to next and after each gym, the next gyms pokemon level up by 3/4 levels to increase difficulty. Then after the champion the other four gyms have a set level like 71-75 and all the other gyms are rechallengable at a greater difficulty. Of course there would still have to be other non gym areas and each gym/leader by unique. Of course there would also be som areas you are forced to visit for story purposes.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Yea i could see this working. For example , the first gym is the town or two after your home one. Then you can choose which gym to go to next and after each gym, the next gyms pokemon level up by 3/4 levels to increase difficulty. Then after the champion the other four gyms have a set level like 71-75 and all the other gyms are rechallengable at a greater difficulty. Of course there would still have to be other non gym areas and each gym/leader by unique. Of course there would also be som areas you are forced to visit for story purposes.
    This could either implement a 17 type setup where each gym leader/E4 member/champion represents a type or they could include a number of type-based gyms while also incorporating some of the discussed gyms based on mechanics or stats or species. I would love this idea to happen, but I personally don't think it will. Here's to hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    This could either implement a 17 type setup where each gym leader/E4 member/champion represents a type or they could include a number of type-based gyms while also incorporating some of the discussed gyms based on mechanics or stats or species. I would love this idea to happen, but I personally don't think it will. Here's to hoping.
    A bit overkill. The 12 gym suggestion sounds better because it doesn't sound like it'd cover all of the types. The E4 's types are there to offer an types we havent battled yet. Champions can be any type they want, but there really shouldn't be anymore gyms than 8 in general. 12 would be a nice-to-decent option for if one wants to have an extra challenge that doesn't involve Battle Facilities or Treehollows and Skyscrapers.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    A bit overkill. The 12 gym suggestion sounds better because it doesn't sound like it'd cover all of the types. The E4 's types are there to offer an types we havent battled yet. Champions can be any type they want, but there really shouldn't be anymore gyms than 8 in general. 12 would be a nice-to-decent option for if one wants to have an extra challenge that doesn't involve Battle Facilities or Treehollows and Skyscrapers.
    What I suggested would be exactly what you said: whatever types we haven't yet encountered in the gyms would be encountered in the Elite Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    I don't think they'd put two new regions in one game. Why do that when they can make more money by having each region they come up with in a separate generation.
    i see what you mean. I'd rather just one good, satisfying region myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dren View Post
    i see what you mean. I'd rather just one good, satisfying region myself.
    I don't mind this, but I want to explore the whole main region before the e4. I hated how half of Unova was blocked off until post game, I want a smaller region/ area for post game like a battle frontier or battle island

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Here's my take on the France Region
    Attachment 8770
    I can see a Y but it needs an X. Adding an X would fix the linear problem as well (although I'm playing Black right now and it's pretty linear. The map looks like you can go anywhere, but there are roadblocks at every optional path).
    Black FC: 5373 0752 0865

Pokemon Black Team

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLynch View Post
    I can see a Y but it needs an X. Adding an X would fix the linear problem as well (although I'm playing Black right now and it's pretty linear. The map looks like you can go anywhere, but there are roadblocks at every optional path).
    It's just a fan made map, no need for an X and Y in the map design

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Here's my take on the France Region
    Attachment 8770
    Have they said that it's exclusively based on France? Is there more evidence for it being based just on France than the Pokeiffel Tower? I was kind of hoping for some other european influences as well.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

How about more gyms...but not a drastic change. Maybe just simply 9 gyms?

If they do that they may as well make it a nice round 10
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    If they do that they may as well make it a nice round 10
    What's wrong with 8? Personally, I'd prefer 8 Gyms in any order, but I also want Battle Facilities like TreeHollow and Skyscraper littered throughout the region, and maybe have some available before the E4 (like the PWT).
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

I don't have a problem with 8, I just think if they were to add more just adding 1 seems odd.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Speaking only of gyms, I'm perfectly fine with 8 as long as they can be rematched post-game.

And better yet, give us a really big and challenging Frontier and give us 8 Frontier Brains.
    Also, instead of separating it, the Skyscraper/Tree Hollow can actually be a Frontier Facility.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    And better yet, give us a really big and challenging Frontier and give us 8 Frontier Brains.
    Also, instead of separating it, the Skyscraper/Tree Hollow can actually be a Frontier Facility.
    This.

I really miss Emerald-style Frontier, it's so huge we can cycle around it to hatch eggs.

But on making Skyscraper/Treehollow a Frontier facility.....I'm okay with that as long as we still receive the EXP.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    This.

I really miss Emerald-style Frontier, it's so huge we can cycle around it to hatch eggs.

But on making Skyscraper/Treehollow a Frontier facility.....I'm okay with that as long as we still receive the EXP.
    Oh right, that's the only drawback though.
    But, I would really like it if the Frontier gave us EXP.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Oh right, that's the only drawback though.
    But, I would really like it if the Frontier gave us EXP.
    Then if we bring in a non-EV trained Pokémon, it'll gain evs from Pokémon it fights in the Frontier. Sometimes, I'd bring in Drifblim to the Battle Subway and it has only been trained in Speed. It would gain many diffrent evs if exp was rewarded.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

So I was thinking about what I loved about Sinnoh and how I hope France is like it.

I liked how after Hearthome you could choose a path and that was definitely refreshing furing gameplay. I hope we get something similar, but I'd like to have the option to either go east or west right after the start city. Then the levels and evolutions of the gym leaders can change

For instance

If you go west first...
    1. Bug gym (low level)
    2. Fire gym (middle)
    3. Rock gym (middle)
    4. Ghost gym (high level)

If you go east first...
    1. Ghost (low level)
    2. Rock
    3. Fire
    4. Bug (High level)

(Those types are just for examples)

And that way you have more choices and you'll end up in the game place. It could also be a thing where it's more advantageous for a trainer who chose Chespin to go East because it'll be easier or for one who chose Froakie to go West. Does that make sense?
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    So I was thinking about what I loved about Sinnoh and how I hope France is like it.

I liked how after Hearthome you could choose a path and that was definitely refreshing furing gameplay. I hope we get something similar, but I'd like to have the option to either go east or west right after the start city. Then the levels and evolutions of the gym leaders can change

For instance

If you go west first...
    1. Bug gym (low level)
    2. Fire gym (middle)
    3. Rock gym (middle)

If you go east first...
    1. Ghost (low level)
    2. Rock
    3. Fire
    4. Bug (High level)

And that way you have more choices and you'll end up in the game place. It could also be a thing where it's more advantageous for a trainer who chose Chespin to go East because it'll be easier or for one who chose Froakie to go West. Does that make sense?
    That sounds like a neat idea, but I would prefer Rock first before Ghost on the east side.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

A new Battle Frontier in the region would be nice, just as long as the facilities have interesting battle gimmicks. I'm really hoping some new sidequest games appear in the region to play around with.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

For instance

If you go west first...
    1. Bug gym (low level)
    2. Fire gym (middle)
    3. Rock gym (middle)

If you go east first...
    1. Ghost (low level)
    2. Rock
    3. Fire
    4. Bug (High level)

Oh, yeah, I loved that Sinnoh did that. Johto did too though, after you beat Morty you could go east or west too, and go to different Gym Leaders (fun-ish fact, Pryce, the 7th is weaker in terms of Levels than Jasmine, the 6th)

Though, didn't they do something like this where you could skip over Fortree Gym and hold it off until after you beat Wallace/Juan in Hoenn?
    Not the same, but similar.

Y'know, I like it, but I think it would be better to keep it to three Gyms like that, because four seems too big of a number, and with the fact you're going completely different places, unless there was no story, it would mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Oh, yeah, I loved that Sinnoh did that. Johto did too though, after you beat Morty you could go east or west too, and go to different Gym Leaders (fun-ish fact, Pryce, the 7th is weaker in terms of Levels than Jasmine, the 6th)

Though, didn't they do something like this where you could skip over Fortree Gym and hold it off until after you beat Wallace/Juan in Hoenn?
    Not the same, but similar.

Y'know, I like it, but I think it would be better to keep it to three Gyms like that, because four seems too big of a number, and with the fact you're going completely different places, unless there was no story, it would mess it up.
    Yeah. It would be cool if the story wasn't changed but moved to whatever city you go
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Yeah. It would be cool if the story wasn't changed but moved to whatever city you go
    Hum, that would mean there are two different storylines.

Maybe have a Legendary Duo that depends on which path you take? If you go East, you only get A. If you go West, you only get B.

So?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Maybe have a Legendary Duo that depends on which path you take? If you go East, you only get A. If you go West, you only get B.

So?
    That is an awesome idea, it would make branching paths a lot more meaningful if it affected the storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 106 of 314 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast