Page 11 of 314 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Probably already posted before. But the Pikachu in the trailer was situated on top of what seemed like the Eiffel Tower and when zooming out to view the world, it was clear that it was in France or at least Europe.
    I also noticed a signpost with the number 3 on it in one of the towns. Route numbering? Seems odd though.

I just hope it's not like Unova, where it's mainly just a straight line. I also want more interesting landmarks, not just interesting to explore, but like actually interesting stuff, like Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh.
    More of a Sinnoh-like region in general. I think that one's the best besides Johto.
    Obviously the region is France, which is good, like Unova it's not modeled after a Japanese district. Maybe due to this, it'll also be like Unova where it's further away than most of the other regions.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    No thanks. Diamond and Pearl had old pokemon in it, did we get two regions in it? Plus we don't really know if there is old pokemon in the regional we just saw them in the trailer they cant reveal all the new pokemon
    But Diamond and Pearls trailer mostly showcased Sinnoh Pokemon so there was no definite link between Sinnoh and a past region. While they have yet to showcase any new Pokemon besides the starters and 2 legendaries and mostly Unova Pokemon. Maybe they are trying to hint at Unova? Plus I wanna see how Unova would look on the 3DS :P

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I just hope it's not like Unova, where it's mainly just a straight line. I also want more interesting landmarks, not just interesting to explore, but like actually interesting stuff, like Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh.
    More of a Sinnoh-like region in general. I think that one's the best besides Johto.
    Obviously the region is France, which is good, like Unova it's not modeled after a Japanese district. Maybe due to this, it'll also be like Unova where it's further away than most of the other regions.
    this..unova was way to lenear... they did help with black/white 2 thoguh..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I agree with this 100 Percent. THe only way I can see them making this linear is if the region is in a Hourglass design, but that wouldn't be a wise move.

Hmm, Knowing a wasteland area, and a giant tree, is this linking towards area inspired by Norse Mythology? (Giant Tree=Yggdrasil, anyone?)

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

I for one am ecstatic that Gen 6 is coming before the Ruby/Sapphire remake, so that my beloved Hoenn region gets its love in full 3D ^_^

Anyway, *wipes off nostalgia gloss* my prediction is that we'll get pieces of different countries other than France to explore, akin to what Firered and Leafgreen did with their Seven Islands. I'd love to travel to a Nordic island to learn more about the cover legendaries, or however the storyline will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    I for one am ecstatic that Gen 6 is coming before the Ruby/Sapphire remake, so that my beloved Hoenn region gets its love in full 3D ^_^

Anyway, *wipes off nostalgia gloss* my prediction is that we'll get pieces of different countries other than France to explore, akin to what Firered and Leafgreen did with their Seven Islands. I'd love to travel to a Nordic island to learn more about the cover legendaries, or however the storyline will go.
    I agree with that, I would see us diverging into part's of Italy, Germany, and Spain as well, as due to France's geography, it would be to quick to assume to forget about those places.

I can also see that the giant tree we saw in the trailer might be in the Nordic Islands, if they're included

Credit to EG for Banner.

As far as i heard, the creator also visited Brussels and Amsterdam in the past. I'm very excited for this region as a Belgian guy.

I think this well be based upon Europe, not France alone. Then you'll have beautiful snowy mountains to the north, UK and Ireland to the west with the beautiful cliffs. Spain and Italie to the south with beautiful beaches, and to the east just forests, desert, maybe connection to another region?

Loving this so far ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Interesting. The English Channel being the primary water route would be cool.

If it was something like Paris it could loosely resemble:

Spoiler:- large:
    Honestly... If you take out all those little parts and just look at the main ones that connect the big circles (no idea what terminology to use here..?) it kinda resembles a layout similar to previous region maps. That could work... Was BW based on New York or just New York City? If it was just New York City then maybe this games is just based on Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Hmm, Knowing a wasteland area, and a giant tree, is this linking towards area inspired by Norse Mythology? (Giant Tree=Yggdrasil, anyone?)
    People are already the legendaries are based on that Yggdrasil, the eagle and the stag in the story, and Norse mythology is a big part of the game, then I'd expect more countries other than France that is also affected by Norse mythology such as the UK and Germany and such.
    Last edited by EliJolesy; 8th January 2013 at 11:55 PM.

My thoughts:
    -this is France, so I'm expecting elegant pokemon to be thrown into the mix. These would be Milotic, Minccino-line, Lilligant, and they could all work out too. Coast line could make homage to Milotics and Gorebyss, Frillish and Luvdisc too, as well as many others.
    -expansive cities, please. I loved Castelia and with 3D graphics we have so much room for improvement. Give us townhouses and apartment buildings, rivers and bridges, cafes and restaurants. Gardens every here and there would be nice too. If anything I expect this stuff from the Paris-city.
    -the Parisian catacombs, my god yes, please. now how cool would they be? ghost-types everywhere, maybe even a secret hideout for a villainous team.
    -this region needs to be epic, we're in France! The diversity is limitless. I expect the Nordic islands to be in, in some form or another (since the legendarys are based on Norse creatures)
    -Off topic: we should go to Italy and Greece in Gen7, I'd love to be somewhat hopeful for Alto Mare.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

So were in Francais? Its about time I wonder if there's gonna be an emphasis on fashion and other really French-like things in this region. i hope were able to go into that tower place because its always been my dream to ride inside of famous landmark-in a Pokemon game...

A kind of selfish desire of mine is for this region to have insane and unreasonable weather conditions and be the worse of the worse To think that some people really think France is all about elegance still XD While the extreme (and very overused) stereotype is that France is always nice and elegant, the backstreets say otherwise... just saying.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Speculation: the region is based on Europe in general. There will be a city based on Russia. There will also be cities based on Venice and London. The seasonal differences will be much more pronounced than they were in Gen V.

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    So were in Francais? Its about time I wonder if there's gonna be an emphasis on fashion and other really French-like things in this region. i hope were able to go into that tower place because its always been my dream to ride inside of famous landmark-in a Pokemon game...

A kind of selfish desire of mine is for this region to have insane and unreasonable weather conditions and be the worse of the worse To think that some people really think France is all about elegance still XD While the extreme (and very overused) stereotype is that France is always nice and elegant, the backstreets say otherwise... just saying.
    Yea Hoenn was the only one with major bad weather but only when everything goes wrong.. Everywhere else was pretty tame (I'm guessing Unova did too, haven't played it yet) So it would be cool to have some extremes in it. If they keep seasons then that could get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    My thoughts:
    -this is France, so I'm expecting elegant pokemon to be thrown into the mix. These would be Milotic, Minccino-line, Lilligant, and they could all work out too. Coast line could make homage to Milotics and Gorebyss, Frillish and Luvdisc too, as well as many others.
    -expansive cities, please. I loved Castelia and with 3D graphics we have so much room for improvement. Give us townhouses and apartment buildings, rivers and bridges, cafes and restaurants. Gardens every here and there would be nice too. If anything I expect this stuff from the Paris-city.
    -the Parisian catacombs, my god yes, please. now how cool would they be? ghost-types everywhere, maybe even a secret hideout for a villainous team.
    -this region needs to be epic, we're in France! The diversity is limitless. I expect the Nordic islands to be in, in some form or another (since the legendarys are based on Norse creatures)
    -Off topic: we should go to Italy and Greece in Gen7, I'd love to be somewhat hopeful for Alto Mare.
    I can this this working out a lot. Those are the prime areas one thinks of when they're in Paris, so why not let it be diverse. Also, I can see a sort of fashion district for contests and the like.

Credit to EG for Banner.

[SPOILER][IMG]http://i49.*******.com/10i5jle.png[/IMG][/SPOILER]

So I analyzed the reveal trailer, and noticed after the Pikachu introduction, that he was on top of an tower. Automatically, I assumed it was the Tokyo Tower, but right after, I noticed that the thunder was spreading from Europe.

[SPOILER][IMG]http://i47.*******.com/v2sgmr.png[/IMG][/SPOILER]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TestiCulture; 9th January 2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: forgot images

So here's something else I'm thinking...it's France, beautiful country so what better region to re-introduce Contests?! I mean think about it, if Fantina does make a cameo, why not in contests?! Sadly, Musicals may appear too, but that's debatable considering their major dislike in Gen V. If they do re-introduce I hope that they make it like how it was in Ruby/Sapphire where you travel around to do contests. PLEASE NINTENDO, PLEASEE!!
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

I really don't want it all based on actual cities, I'm ok with a paris type city as a central similar to castellia city but nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    So here's something else I'm thinking...it's France, beautiful country so what better region to re-introduce Contests?! I mean think about it, if Fantina does make a cameo, why not in contests?! Sadly, Musicals may appear too, but that's debatable considering their major dislike in Gen V. If they do re-introduce I hope that they make it like how it was in Ruby/Sapphire where you travel around to do contests. PLEASE NINTENDO, PLEASEE!!
    Honestly, I hoping they reintroduce, and permanently install, the Pokemon Coliseum, as it was the best mini-game of them all: basically a miniature Pokemon Dash game within a game.

i do not think it will be all of europe that would be far to big

France is big enough to model a region out of it

France would be an interesting choice, it would be the first time it would be based on an actual country rather than just a region of a country. I am definitely seeing the Paris connection though. It's definitely a nice change of pace.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by TestiCulture View Post
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i49.*******.com/10i5jle.png[/IMG][/SPOILER]

So I analyzed the reveal trailer, and noticed after the Pikachu introduction, that he was on top of an tower. Automatically, I assumed it was the Tokyo Tower, but right after, I noticed that the thunder was spreading from Europe.

[SPOILER][IMG]http://i47.*******.com/v2sgmr.png[/IMG][/SPOILER]
    I see the Eiffel Tower. I hope they do bigger cities this time around, because almost every other city seems way too small. Eg, Goldenrod or Saffron. They are supposed to be bustling, but are really tiny. I liked Castelia a lot better for its realism. It'd also be neat if they played off of Venice...

Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    i do not think it will be all of europe that would be far to big

France is big enough to model a region out of it
    I agree.

Also, rather than being based on a portion of France (like what they did with Unova being based only on Manhattan), I think the region will based on the whole country.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I definently agree with everybody that the region looks like France. But i also see like maybe a Wales-esque inspiration, with rolling hills and then England, with the big manor house and beautiful forests (note the forest the lengendary pokemon was in)

France seems like a great place for the next region of the Pokemon series.
    I'm absolutely loving the graphics because of the camera angle, it will feel so much more real, and we'll really get to enjoy the graphics more then we did with the old camera angles.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

I hope it's not just Paris, France. Europe has a lot of great capital cities/regions that would be great to explore, especially in 3D. Maybe they might have an underground train to London, a Mediterranean town by the sea, a place like the Netherlands with dykes and such, etc.

If they are really ambitious they should go for a Pax Romana type region that across into real world northern Africa. I'm partly think that's somewhat likely because we have a desert region.

Page 11 of 314 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast