Page 110 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    That could be interesting, if the egg hatches in a haunted area then the baby hatches with shadow ball or if the egg hatches in a volcanic area the egg hatches with flamethrower, etc.?
    Here's my take:

Haunted area (applies to all types): Curse (yes because it is haunted)
    Volcano (Fire-type): Lava Plume
    Volcano (non-Fire type): Rock Throw
    Volcano (Water type): Scald
    Ocean/Sea/Pond (Water-type): Hydro Pump
    Ocean/Sea/Pond (non-Water type): Water Gun
    Ocean/Sea/Pond (Fire-type): Scald
    Ocean/Sea/Pond (Ground or Rock type): Mud Bomb
    Forest (Grass type): Leaf Storm, new Grass move
    Forest (Tentacle Pokémon): Power Whip
    Forest (Bug type): Bug Buzz/new Bug move
    Forest (non-Grass or non-Bug type): Grass knot/Bug Bite respectively
    City (Fighting and Steel type): Mach Punch and Iron Tail/Iron Head respectively
    City (non-Fighting and non-Steel type): new steel or fighting move
    Plains (Flying and Normal types): Sky Drop and Giga Impact respectively
    Plains (non-flying and non-normal types): new flying and Normal move
    Sacred area (Dragon and Psychic types): new Dragon and Psychic moves
    Sacred area (non-Dragon and non-Psychic types): Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail/new Dragon move and Psychic/new Psychic move/Psystrike depending on whatt kind of Pokémon it is
    Sacred area (Ghost type): Shadow Sneak/Shadow Punch/Shadow Ball/new Ghost move

I really can't think of any Dark ones.

^That all sounds needlessly complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well what i am saying is, if the region is more sparse environmentally and what not then it could happen
    like steel eggs would hatch quicker in buildings bugs and grass pokes in forests poison hatches quicker in cities and so forth
    To alter your idea, I was thinking about creating a new palette for eggs, where you can have a shining egg to denote that the Masuda Method has been successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    To alter your idea, I was thinking about creating a new palette for eggs, where you can have a shining egg to denote that the Masuda Method has been successful.
    Just color the egg the color of the Pokémon first. That would be a great change. Although it wouldn't be much of a surprise for us if an NPC gives us a PokÉgg for helping them, and we can identify the Pokémon, it would be great to see the colored egg hatch.

^consecutive avatars^ really cool

Yeah I'd like more Anime-esque egg so that they look like the Pokémon inside, purely cosmetic and obvious not an essential feature but it would be nice
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

I'm hoping that thunderstorms will be added. And maybe have strong wind as a weather option too, and if you battle in it, flying types get a speed boost.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Yeah I'd like more Anime-esque egg so that they look like the Pokémon inside, purely cosmetic and obvious not an essential feature but it would be nice
    A growing fetus/embryo perhaps.
    The trimesters of entity development are described when the egg description says things like, "It's not close to hatching", "It's close to hatching", "It's about to hatch!" And the Pokémon can be seen growing inside the Egg. It'd be pretty cool to see a 3D Sewaddle fetus or an Oshawott fetus growing.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I'm hoping that thunderstorms will be added. And maybe have strong wind as a weather option too, and if you battle in it, flying types get a speed boost.
    it would be interesting if the weather changed the types of pokemon you encountered if its raining electric and water types appear more if its sunny grass, bug and fire types appear more. I also really hope they keep the seasons but make more pokemon bound to them appearing only during 1 month (they could have flying types migrate somewhere else during Autum/winter and come back in spring summer things like that) as I dont think its that great at the moment

maybe there will be acid rain giving poison a little more competitive use
    also it would deal damage to steel types!

I think Acid rain would only affect Rock and Ground types and Grass as well. Steel can oxidize with just the air and normal rain alone, but acid rain sounds like something that should be implemented. Maybe around areas with alot of factories or worker towns. Acid rain would make Oreburgh city much more interesting back in Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I think Acid rain would only affect Rock and Ground types and Grass as well. Steel can oxidize with just the air and normal rain alone, but acid rain sounds like something that should be implemented. Maybe around areas with alot of factories or worker towns. Acid rain would make Oreburgh city much more interesting back in Sinnoh.
    well why i think it could affect steel is so poison could have more of a competitive edge considering it isn't the best offensive type in the world

Personally I don't think a new weather is neccesary. Weather is already common and sometimes annoying enough as it is. There are plenty of other ways to help Poison become more useful instead of relying on a 5-turn weather move.

Back on the Region topic, you guys think we might have an area where you get to utilize the 3DS as a way of moving yourself in a long hill like

Spoiler:- spoiler alert:

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Personally I don't think a new weather is neccesary. Weather is already common and sometimes annoying enough as it is. There are plenty of other ways to help Poison become more useful instead of relying on a 5-turn weather move.

Back on the Region topic, you guys think we might have an area where you get to utilize the 3DS as a way of moving yourself in a long hill like

Spoiler:- spoiler alert:
    What if Flash was not used for outside-of-battle use anymore and the 3DS's camera needed to be facing a light source to light up caves? That would be great. If there was a Ghost or Dark type gym that could be the way of getting through a shade/darkness puzzle.

What if Flash was not used for outside-of-battle use anymore and the 3DS's camera needed to be facing a light source to light up caves? That would be great. If there was a Ghost or Dark type gym that could be the way of getting through a shade/darkness puzzle.
    This would be sweet. And maybe not just for a gym puzzle but also for caves with a pitch dark setting included where you can use it to find hidden passages that you probably can't normally see otherwise. Not to mention the 3DS could act like a radar to find items and allow you to look into the sky as well, maybe introducing some items that drop from the sky like the Stat Wings.

This would be sweet. And maybe not just for a gym puzzle but also for caves with a pitch dark setting included where you can use it to find hidden passages that you probably can't normally see otherwise. Not to mention the 3DS could act like a radar to find items and allow you to look into the sky as well, maybe introducing some items that drop from the sky like the Stat Wings.
    That honestly sounds like loads of fun. If Flash were to be replaced by this I would be so happy since I hate wasting a move slot until the move deleter/using an HM slave for it.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Dowsing with the 3DS camera would be really cool. Finding rare Pokémon might be an option as well. For example if one is in a cave (not dark shrouded), the Pokémon finder turn on the 3DS camera and show silhouettes of hidden Pokémon and where they are relative to the player. That would be difficult and unlikely for the beginning of 3d gaming for the series but it would seem possible for future gens.

Dowsing with the 3DS camera would be really cool. Finding rare Pokémon might be an option as well. For example if one is in a cave (not dark shrouded), the Pokémon finder turn on the 3DS camera and show silhouettes of hidden Pokémon and where they are relative to the player. That would be difficult and unlikely for the beginning of 3d gaming for the series but it would seem possible for future gens.
    This could also apply to a pair of undersea goggles assuming we have Diving Spots this generation where you can find Pokémon and items too and not just in a cave.

This could also apply to a pair of undersea goggles assuming we have Diving Spots this generation where you can find Pokémon and items too and not just in a cave.
    The camera would turn everything you see on the screen shades of blue to signify an area filled with Pokemon or an area that is just forswimming around. Diving is really cool and I think it should've been implemented earlier in the series. Diving spots in the Unova region were rare, so I hope this gen the region contains alot of them throughout the oceans and seas, maybe even in ponds.

I don't want the new region to be as linear as Unova. I like regions that are filled with lots of cities scttered around (Like Hoenn)
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    I don't want the new region to be as linear as Unova. I like regions that are filled with lots of cities scttered around (Like Hoenn)
    Agreed. A region that has aspects from Hoenn and Sinnoh would be pretty refreshing and I hope we never return to a linear path like Unova again.

Someone told me the region was based off France, is that true?
    Last edited by V-Wheeeeeeeeeeeeel; 18th April 2013 at 11:30 PM.

AUBURN WHALE! and Victrendan

Quote Originally Posted by V-Wheeeeeeeeeeeeel View Post
    Someone told me the region was based off France, is that true?
    Its not been confirmed (next to nothing has been tbh) but its likely.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

I personally feel that it doesn't really matter where the region is based on, I had no idea Unova was based on New York(?) until reading about it..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Agreed. A region that has aspects from Hoenn and Sinnoh would be pretty refreshing and I hope we never return to a linear path like Unova again.
    Not every place in the world is non-linear you know.

Not every place in the world is non-linear you know.
    Well then lets just hope the region is based on somewhere that is non-linear
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Page 110 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast