Page 111 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Who is "lets"? I wouldn't mind if it the region is linear or not. That aspect of the game is so minute in importance to me.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

To be fair.... I kind of hate having each gym right next to each other. They should make some interesting places that you have to go through to get to the next gym. I do not like having a small route or building that just brings you to the next gym. Unova felt like a bore because of that. I actually miss things like taking a boat to dewford town and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    To be fair.... I kind of hate having each gym right next to each other. They should make some interesting places that you have to go through to get to the next gym. I do not like having a small route or building that just brings you to the next gym. Unova felt like a bore because of that. I actually miss things like taking a boat to dewford town and all.
    I think gyms should be off in nature more than in the city. We should have just surfed to the pagoda-like area where Marlon had his gym, but instead it was placed into the center of Humilau. I liked Clay's because it basically took place in an area away from the city. Although Brycen's gym went out in B2W2, his gym was in a place of nature.
    However, I don't want all gyms to be placed in natural environments. We need more gyms like Volkner's, Tate and Liza's, and the Olivine Lighthouse (since Jasmine really didn't have any Trainers that battled you in her own gym).

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Dowsing with the 3DS camera would be really cool. Finding rare Pokémon might be an option as well. For example if one is in a cave (not dark shrouded), the Pokémon finder turn on the 3DS camera and show silhouettes of hidden Pokémon and where they are relative to the player. That would be difficult and unlikely for the beginning of 3d gaming for the series but it would seem possible for future gens.
    I can't imagine this being integrated with the game, but I think it can be a 3DS app on the Eshop, and Pokemon caught on the app can be transferred to the game.

I think gyms should be off in nature more than in the city. We should have just surfed to the pagoda-like area where Marlon had his gym, but instead it was placed into the center of Humilau. I liked Clay's because it basically took place in an area away from the city. Although Brycen's gym went out in B2W2, his gym was in a place of nature.
    However, I don't want all gyms to be placed in natural environments. We need more gyms like Volkner's, Tate and Liza's, and the Olivine Lighthouse (since Jasmine really didn't have any Trainers that battled you in her own gym).
    I think they were referring to the fact that the gym cities were all one after the other (in other words, there was usually only one route between gym cities, very rarely were there any dungeons, extra routes, extra cities, it was basically gym, route, gym, route, gym, route for most of the game). But your idea is neat, too.

Here's another idea, what if gyms were no longer necessarily in cities? What if we had gyms on routes or dungeons?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

You bring a good point Bolt the Cat. There should be gyms in any setting.

Heres's my take on the Region's gym system

Spoiler:- Long Post on Gyms:

So those are my ideas on the gyms. I thought of a way to have more than eight gyms and yet only requiring 8 badges. The player is given the option to participate in only one division, and then is able to challenge the remaining four gyms after he/she beats to Champion. The Division names can be edited, but I cannot think of other names.

As you may notice, certain puzzles in the division gyms have similar themes. I made it so the Psychic and Ghost gyms were similar in showing the Player different styles of battle, the natural Grass and Ice gyms in having to utilize wild Pokémon as a means of getting through the gym, and the Normal and Dark gym in having to require HMs to get around.
    Also I just noticed that Scyther and Riolu in their respective gyms evolve into Steel types (just random choices, omg).

Hey, hey, hey, listen! When quoting this just use:
    Geno's post on gym Leaders
    OR just a part of my post.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 20th April 2013 at 5:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think they were referring to the fact that the gym cities were all one after the other (in other words, there was usually only one route between gym cities, very rarely were there any dungeons, extra routes, extra cities, it was basically gym, route, gym, route, gym, route for most of the game). But your idea is neat, too.

Here's another idea, what if gyms were no longer necessarily in cities? What if we had gyms on routes or dungeons?
    I'd like a cave as a gym...you get inside,battle a few trainers,gather some items and then,at the end,you challenge the Gym Leader.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I'd like a cave as a gym...you get inside,battle a few trainers,gather some items and then,at the end,you challenge the Gym Leader.
    Well, in the Rock gym I thought of, the building could be programmed to make dust clouds for Gems and other items.

I still see Unova appearing as possible. Why? The route 3 in the trailer seems to have the basic shape of Unova Route 3, even with buildings in similar places. And we don't know how much time has passed between Gen V and Gen VI, so changes are possible, like BW Route 4 was heavily changed in BW2, and a landslide cut off Route 10.

Anyway, I'd like the gym puzzles to be harder. Perhaps a Ice/Fire dual gym based somewhere with water, and you have to press certain buttons to freeze/evaporate water?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Anyway, I'd like the gym puzzles to be harder. Perhaps a Ice/Fire dual gym based somewhere with water, and you have to press certain buttons to freeze/evaporate water?
    I would also like that, but I don't know about the water aspect. It sounds like it would be a high level gym and people would likely have Surf before then, so no need to change the water when you can ride a pokemon across it, you know? I think changing the temperature in a room with switches to either melt frozen paths or freeze melted paths. Switching them back and forth before they became impassable. Just my opinion.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

I still see Unova appearing as possible. Why? The route 3 in the trailer seems to have the basic shape of Unova Route 3, even with buildings in similar places. And we don't know how much time has passed between Gen V and Gen VI, so changes are possible, like BW Route 4 was heavily changed in BW2, and a landslide cut off Route 10.
    Seriously? You really think we'll be visiting Unova again for the third time?

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I don't think anyone would want to visit Unova again, logically were in a new region with new cities and all that.

I hope not. I'd rather not go back, just one region would be fine with me (unless they add Hoenn).

I hope they add a huge mountain range, like Mt. Coronet. Something huge to explore. Possibly volcano/snowy mountain? That probably isn't possible in real life, but hey, we're talking Pokemon here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I hope not. I'd rather not go back, just one region would be fine with me (unless they add Hoenn).

I hope they add a huge mountain range, like Mt. Coronet. Something huge to explore. Possibly volcano/snowy mountain? That probably isn't possible in real life, but hey, we're talking Pokemon here.
    Well France does have the highest mountain in Europe, Mont Blanc. That could very well be implemented into the games.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Maybe on the map this mountain range could be Horizontal and have more of jungle and wind themes too it. Volcanic, icy, rocky, and water-based mountain ranges have already been used, so something that has to do with wind, and then your Pokémon has to learn an HM that keeps you from being blown away by air currents on the mountain.

What do you guys think of my Gym Speculation some posts below?

Maybe on the map this mountain range could be Horizontal and have more of jungle and wind themes too it. Volcanic, icy, rocky, and water-based mountain ranges have already been used, so something that has to do with wind, and then your Pokémon has to learn an HM that keeps you from being blown away by air currents on the mountain.
    I like the wind and jungle mountains idea. And the Mont Blanc could be in it, too. Remember the mountain in the Lucairo movie that looked like a tree? I always wanted that in a game.

I like the wind and jungle mountains idea. And the Mont Blanc could be in it, too. Remember the mountain in the Lucairo movie that looked like a tree? I always wanted that in a game.
    You mean the tree of beginning? Yeah, that would be nice, but it would be nicer if there is a hybrid of both.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It would be so bland if X and Y would be Unova again or even have it as a side region to visit. I think it is time we have Hoenn as a side region. Hoenn was the best one imo. X and Y will be a completely region which looks exactly like Europe as opposed to Unova.

Unova had two games. Time to move on.

we shouldn't be able to visit any previous regions in this game unless they decide to give us an airplane to get there or something
    otherwise it won't happen because this region is france based which is fairly far away from japan and new york

There is a near 0% chance this is Unova Rt. 3, the geography is too drastically different, and the buildings are in fact, not in similar places. For reference, here's Unova Rt. 3:

And here's the new one:

Now looking at this, it's pretty clear that the PC is at the edge of the route from the sign. But it can possibly be from either edge of the route, so let's look at both:

Striaton City: First of all, entering Rt. 3 from Striaton City would mean we would be facing north. But if that were true, we wouldn't be able to see a city in the distance, the Day Care should be right in front of us. So that wouldn't work. Even if they moved the entrance so you would walk west to Rt. 3, it would still be nothing like Rt. 3 because we should be able to see Wellspring Cave just right of the distant city.

Nacrene City: There's a couple of minor things that makes this highly unlikely. The city doesn't look much like Striaton City. The Pokemon Center would not be right inside the Striaton City line. Unova Rt. 3's geography would suggest that Striaton City is either uphill or at the same elevations as Nacrene, not downhill like this one is. And the pond on the south side of Unova Rt. 3 is missing or obscured.

No matter which way you start, none of the major landmarks of Unova Rt. 3 are visible in the screenshot, and the landmarks that are visible don't match up with what we know of the area. So the only conclusion that makes any sense is that this is not the same Rt. 3, but in fact a completely different one in the new region.

Sounds too similar to Pastoria Gym's puzzle where you have to press buttons to affect the water level.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    we shouldn't be able to visit any previous regions in this game unless they decide to give us an airplane to get there or something
    otherwise it won't happen because this region is france based which is fairly far away from japan and new york
    That, and there'd be problems with level pacing and content. Two regions essentially means that we get the same length of game divided between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There is a near 0% chance this is Unova Rt. 3, the geography is too drastically different, and the buildings are in fact, not in similar places. For reference, here's Unova Rt. 3:

And here's the new one:

Now looking at this, it's pretty clear that the PC is at the edge of the route from the sign.
    The buildings aren't even in the same place, at all!
    @MidnightFennekin: although we can imply that Unova could have changed over time and buildings were moved or renovated, the land placement of Unova Rt. 3 has very little similarity to the land placement of sixthgenregion Rt. 3. The inclined plateau on the right in sixthgenregion Rt. 3 is non existent in Unova Rt. 3. And even if it was, How would the dirt build up on top of trees?
    And you can't possibly think that there's a cave off to the west of the town in the sixth gen screenshot, do you?

Unova should not be revisited, but I think Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kanjoh regions should become DLC if GameFreak turns to it this generation. But definitely not Unova! And DLC is still highly unlikely.

While I think the idea of revisiting regions would be interesting, I think that they would need to do what the did in 2nd gen and revisit one region only. If they made all regions available, it would be difficult to try and balance it so that you're not just steamrolling through your third or fourth region. Honestly, they could probably make it work, but they would need to be very careful about how they would go about doing that.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

ooooo now that it as been mentioned, maybe since we are in this new generation, they might give us purchasable DLC to go to different regions by giving us a certain plane ticket
    a red ticket to go to kanto, a silver ticket to go to johto, a jewel ticket to go to hoenn, a pearl ticket to go to sinnoh, and a black ticket to go to the unova
    not saying it will happen, but they do have the option to make DLC i don't see why not abuse this ability and make this one of the coolest games in existance

With the first installment of Gen VI, I'd think that GF would just like to focus on the new gen alone with the first full 3D adventure before allowing any visiting of previous gens to later installments.

Someone did a comparison of unovas route 3 with the route 3 from the trailer and they don't look alike at all, the shapes are completely different. And also, Game freak would be so stupid if they gave us Unova as the setting of a brand new generation. Different starters also means different region, because the 3 starters are always unique to the region

Page 111 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast