Page 117 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

i would love to see them make anothet conquest game but substitute nobunaga and the rest of them and add the people from Romance of the 3 kingdoms novel that would be great imo.

back on topic i would love to be able to explore the catacombs. i have been thinking that maybe the e4 will be in that huge tower we saw in the first trailer,that or in that one palace in france[srry i dont remember the name]

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Who here what's the to see a fully 3D Pokemon Conquest Sequel on the WiiU
    Who here agrees with me that this isn't the right place to discuss this?

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Me!

Anyway, I'd like:

Catacombs
    Factories (Kinda like Fuego Ironworks!)
    Towers
    Battle Tower/Frontier

Also, a Forest Area which is full of Golden Apples. You can get one as a gift, and they raise Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed by 1. But sometimes you may get 'The Apple of Discord' which lowers all defenses by 1 and deals 10 Damage!

This doesn't really follow a previous pattern in older regions, but what I would like to see is locations based on other famous European landmarks besides the Eiffel Tower. For example Arc de Triomphe, which is also in Paris; Rome's Colosseum; Leaning tower of Pisa (could be the next ghost tower); The Elizabeth Tower or Picadelli Circus, both in London; The Acropolis of Athens; and so forth.

The idea of a Norse/ European region really opens it up in terms of general design and layout. I have a feeling that this region will have a lot of woodland or forest areas- very nature based. I have a feeling that if B and W was like past and present- old vs new etc. and the (loose) truth/ ideals thing- then this region could hearken back to the first and be based around natural/ born and technological/ made. Though this could end up being quite similar to the past theme and the black city and white forest. Hmmm

This would relate to the DNA thing: that the conflict is between natural (very very loosely Xerneas) and unnatural (even looser Yveltal, maybe the other way round actually I dunno)- the villain team could want to experiment, or create; OR prevent the experimentation on and creation of pokemon (or dual teams like RS). There could be places where natural pokemon are found: forests etc. and places where unnatural Pokemon such as Porygon and some Poison, ghost and steel types are found: factories, labs etc.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by Aiwendil View Post
    Some idea just popped up to my mind last night. It could a really bad idea but I want to share it anyways.
    I haven't played Pokémon Conquest since I'm mostly interested in the main titles, but what if GameFreak made us (re)discover the Ransei Region?
    Conquest seems like it takes place hundreds of years ago, so it could fit as a modern day region with lot's of differences. Modern cities and technologies
    but some parts of the region remained old fashioned. I don't say it has to happen with Pokemon X and Y but maybe it's an idea for future main titles?
    Actually, Conquest seems to take place in an alternate reality kind of place. While parts of it (costumes especially) are meant to look like feudal Japan, there are other aspects that lend it to a more modern setting. There are airships that are powered at least by steam, the Steel type kingdom has very mechanized aspects to it (gears on the battle stage, glowing lights on the castle itself), and the Electric type kingdom has complete use of electricity, complete with a powerplant. I don't think Conquest is set so much in the past as it is in an alternate timeline.

That said, I would not at all mind a free-roaming game where one could just explore Ransei. Though I don't think this is really the place to discuss that...

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    The idea of a Norse/ European region really opens it up in terms of general design and layout. I have a feeling that this region will have a lot of woodland or forest areas- very nature based. I have a feeling that if B and W was like past and present- old vs new etc. and the (loose) truth/ ideals thing- then this region could hearken back to the first and be based around natural/ born and technological/ made. Though this could end up being quite similar to the past theme and the black city and white forest.
    Careful there. Norse and European are very different things. We can reasonably assume, with what little we know, that this region will have some French influence (the Eiffel Tower parallel, the Versailles-esque palace, and the desert observatory), but that doesn't mean it's Nordic. The Nordic countries are Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland. While we may get a bit of Denmark (which is unlikely, I should think), we probably won't have much that's Norse. Pokemon games have historically packaged areas as small as possible into regions, I don't see them using half of Europe in one go.

So, we'll be seeing Gallic influences on the region, and maybe Germanic ones. Given a guess, if we're going to see icy cold places, it'll probably be in the southeast, near the Alps. Remember that Denmark is a very flat country. Now, a Scandinavian region would be epic, but don't hold your breath for it this gen. I don't think we'll get it. I think the furthest we'll stretch would be a bit of England across the channel, and perhaps not even that.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 10th May 2013 at 1:48 AM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Actually, Conquest seems to take place in an alternate reality kind of place. While parts of it (costumes especially) are meant to look like feudal Japan, there are other aspects that lend it to a more modern setting. There are airships that are powered at least by steam, the Steel type kingdom has very mechanized aspects to it (gears on the battle stage, glowing lights on the castle itself), and the Electric type kingdom has complete use of electricity, complete with a powerplant. I don't think Conquest is set so much in the past as it is in an alternate timeline.

That said, I would not at all mind a free-roaming game where one could just explore Ransei. Though I don't think this is really the place to discuss that...

Careful there. Norse and European are very different things. We can reasonably assume, with what little we know, that this region will have some French influence (the Eiffel Tower parallel, the Versailles-esque palace, and the desert observatory), but that doesn't mean it's Nordic. The Nordic countries are Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland. While we may get a bit of Denmark (which is unlikely, I should think), we probably won't have much that's Norse. Pokemon games have historically packaged areas as small as possible into regions, I don't see them using half of Europe in one go.

So, we'll be seeing Gallic influences on the region, and maybe Germanic ones. Given a guess, if we're going to see icy cold places, it'll probably be in the southeast, near the Alps. Remember that Denmark is a very flat country. Now, a Scandinavian region would be epic, but don't hold your breath for it this gen. I don't think we'll get it. I think the furthest we'll stretch would be a bit of England across the channel, and perhaps not even that.
    That wasn't a hurried equivalence there :P I mean't sort of an either/and/or situation- or as you said, Gallic and maybe Germanic influences; as the region appears very French/ West Europe based but then the big rumours about the Legendaries being based upon Norse myth may mean that there are those influences too.

You could say it may cover a North West portion of Europe including the a lot of the UK, France, Belgium, parts of Germany and parts of Sweden and Norway not encompassing all of the Scandinavian countries but the bottom fringes of them in the upmost North of the region- so like the South of the region would be mostly land and the North and North East part of the region could be made up of a couple of big sea routes or even some Icy Routes that freeze over in winter, making them only accessible then.

It would make an interesting mix. But like you said, they tend to focus upon quite small areas to create a region, but this one seems to have a few different influences as well as the French things
    Last edited by storm12; 10th May 2013 at 1:03 PM.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

IT could be geographically something like this, but then again it could be a distorted or condensed mix of this

euroregion.jpg

Without the Hoenn level of water, it could be even more Southward and have parts of Italy- maybe changed to include a Rome-based area further up than it would be
    Last edited by storm12; 10th May 2013 at 1:06 PM.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Sorry My Mistake ;D..Personally i would like to see a Island based on Finland..it would fit the Norse Theme

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Sorry My Mistake ;D..Personally i would like to see a Island based on Finland..it would fit the Norse Theme
    I'm sorry but Finland isn't an island :P. I doubt that we'll see Finland implemented into these games.
    Last edited by AuroriumX; 10th May 2013 at 5:08 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Inb4 argument on region's origin like Shanghai and New York. Kidding but I hope something like this doesn't happen again, I thought Unova was based off of California-Nevada area with the Mojave Desert being the Resort desert connecting two cities and all. Back on topic am I the only one who doesn't care for non-linearity/linearity in the regions? I don't see why it's bad, not everything in the world is non linear.

Yeah, it is a civilized region, after all; they have to be, at least, a bit linear so people can travel properly etc
    Though I think people (myself somewhat included) want non-linear regions because it feels like you're exploring more, rather than being told where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Yeah, it is a civilized region, after all; they have to be, at least, a bit linear so people can travel properly etc
    Though I think people (myself somewhat included) want non-linear regions because it feels like you're exploring more, rather than being told where to go.
    Its always like that in the main games, you have to go to the next places to complete tasks like gym badge hunting or you can't advance. Plus even if it looks like your going a straight path you may never know you might have challenging puzzles up ahead that could be mind gaming to get to the next area.

I honestly didn't really notice how linear Unova was, or people claim it to be, so I also don't see the problem.
    I would like to be able to have some places to explore that aren't a part of the main story though.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I hope the game isn't linear. Perhaps on BW2 Levels, but perhaps a bit more. That game had a decent amount of backtracking, like returning back to Aspertia City, going from Undella to Opelucid and Back again, e.t.c.

I'd like a Volcanic Lake. Water, Poison and Fire Pokemon will be common.

Also, a cave with visible hanging Zubat/Golbat/Crobat. Can be used as a puzzle, as you have to scare them off.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Its always like that in the main games, you have to go to the next places to complete tasks like gym badge hunting or you can't advance.
    Not to the same degree as Unova. Older regions weren't straight lines from start to finish, there was plenty of backtracking and optional paths.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Plus even if it looks like your going a straight path you may never know you might have challenging puzzles up ahead that could be mind gaming to get to the next area.
    None of the Unovan routes were like that, though, they were all intentionally streamlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'd really like the choice of deciding where to go, or maybe have like 3 different starting points in different towns that you choose at the start...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Actually, Conquest seems to take place in an alternate reality kind of place.
    I always thought Ransei was just very far away from the other regions. A character references Pokeballs being used in a faraway land.

And I really don't care if we can pick where we can go. Just keep the routes interesting and I'll be fine.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

It seems the new region can be seen in the background of the CoroCoro leak.. maybe another page to come with the full map?

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    It seems the new region can be seen in the background of the CoroCoro leak.. maybe another page to come with the full map?
    You're right. I didn't catch that. So we've got what looks like a lot of rivers and a town, maybe a city and then possibly another with those spires that rise into the air near the city.

EDIT: There's an island too!

CoroCoro (not sure if legit yet): http://i.imgur.com/7DUWQxl.jpg

It seems that behind these pictures we can see the new region. At least I can see a house and a huge blue building near the Panda (?) Pokemon and some rivers and what looks like a mountain field near the Goat Pokemon (maybe it's related to that desert - or something like that - that we can see in the trailer). Oh and also the sea near the town.

Well, it looks really legit to me! :O

FB Profile~|deviantART Profile~
    3DS FC: 4382 2023 3008
    Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Code: 6400 2207 2907
    Banner made by Sworn Metalhead!

Looks like there's an autumnal area above the panda too... wonder if seasons will be implemented again?
    Team for next XY game;

Quote Originally Posted by Jadgirl04 View Post
    Looks like there's an autumnal area above the panda too... wonder if seasons will be implemented again?
    I'm pretty sure those are meant to be mountains/rocky areas.

The Karosu Region!

Main City is called Miara City.
    Last edited by Oshakpop; 11th May 2013 at 3:53 PM.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Page 117 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast