Page 124 of 314 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I don't think it's here to stay. All of gen 5 was marketed with the phrase "start from a new beginning". The region design was basic because they wanted newcomers. It's the same reason there were no old pokemon in BW's maingame. XY has no reason to have a simple region design.
    The basic regional design doesn't have much to do with 5th gen's fresh start theme. They nerfed the regional design for younger players in general, not just the ones they hoped to bring in with BW.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Given their reasoning, I doubt they're done with the terrible region design. If they're intentionally dumbing down the games because they don't think that little kids, aka Pokemon's target audience, can handle anything more, what makes you think they'll suddenly go back on that? It's doing exactly what they want it to do. Sadly I think Unova-esque regional design is here to stay, or at least until they no longer believe that kind of regional design serves its purpose, which probably won't happen anytime soon.
    I'm not sure this reasoning even makes sense. We older players were young when we played through the first 2-3 generations. It was entirely doable.

Clearer scans are out and I can see a castle like structure beneath the snowy area.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I do wish that we could have a npc or a group of them to guide us through all of Italy and he/she could be the opposite gender of our character and we can have a dating sim game or something like Fire Emblem Awakening going on.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    I do wish that we could have a npc or a group of them to guide us through all of Italy and he/she could be the opposite gender of our character and we can have a dating sim game or something like Fire Emblem Awakening going on.
    What the heck is with this post??!?

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Yep, it's snow. There is a desert area and a beach area to the west.

Edit: And there are rivers freaking everywhere. But we already knew that. And it's not a circle. What a twist. I looks like it has arms stretching out from Miare city in most directions.
    Last edited by diakyu; 13th May 2013 at 6:44 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Clearer map!

I think this might be the ingame map (not sure, seeming the map behind the Pokemon CoroCoro page is much more detailed)

It doesn't look as straight forward as we firs thought!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

i didnt get the chance to see the map yet.looking at the above post of the map i have one thing to say.

I CANT WAIT TO PLAY X AND Y NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Clearer map!

I think this might be the ingame map (not sure, seeming the map behind the Pokemon CoroCoro page is much more detailed)

well seeing it closer definatly confirms its attached to another reigon the land continues out of the picture either that or this is only half of the map

Clearer map!

this region seems bigger than unova. i can count 11 cities/towns, and the clouds probably are hiding some others

With the clouds covering the upper right, the region looks like a star sort of.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Clearer map!

I think this is the actual map artwork. The in-game map won't have the areas covered with clouds.
    But I'm glad it that the environment looks very diverse. Can't wait for the official site to update with a much better image.

Quote Originally Posted by felichar View Post
    this region seems bigger than unova. i can count 11 cities/towns, and the clouds probably are hiding some others
    It is. You can faintly see structures hidden under the clouds.

I did something in Photoshop and "burned" out the clouds. Guess what?
    There's a huge hole/cave on the upper right, islands on the southwest, and more areas on the southern mountains.

I did the same thing in HGSS when the Frontier and western Johto area was still covered in clouds.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Clearer map!

looking at that map i think the pokemon league is to the north of paris, the home town is in the bottom right all the clouds have post game areas, i also think there will be less water type pokemon this gen ans less oceon to surf on i think most surfing will be done on the rivers. cant wait to see a better bigger map

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I think this is the actual map artwork. The in-game map won't have the areas covered with clouds.
    But I'm glad it that the environment looks very diverse. Can't wait for the official site to update with a much better image.

There's a huge hole/cave on the upper right, islands on the southwest, and more areas on the southern mountains.

I did the same thing in HGSS when the Frontier and western Johto area was still covered in clouds.

This region looks awesome.
    Thanks for posting this.

I'm guessing Xerneas will be found in that huge tree area. I'm totally getting a "tree of life" type of vibe from it.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Anyone think we might see more cities/towns than the norm?
    Not really sure what to think, since, according to the region map (which is still small) everything seems kind of spaced out; looks like a lot of outside areas, though, which is good, in my opinion.
    This is something I'd really like. I did like Unova, aside from the simple layout, but the routes were mostly very short and there were too many towns.
    I've always felt there should be a bigger focus on the wilderness. Let us go out and explore, instead of having everything so closed off and civilized. The new map definitely hints at that.. but it's impossible to really tell from artwork.

Okay, I take everything I said about this region being like Unova back, this is some amazing regional design right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

That is awesome. Really good design.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Awesome. My guess is that you start in the lower right corner in the valley of all the mountains.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

i just hope that there's more wilderness to explorer and that there are less stupid blockades (like the dancing guys in the north/east exit/entrance of whiteblackforestcity)

Look all those water routes...prepare for the new tentacool troll!!

I hope we have a proper mountain range to explore in this game, instead of the usual mountain-where-legend-related-stuff-happens ...
    Also, a beach, yay!

~Deadly
    Shoot Confirmed.

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka / gif by a friend

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Yay!
    Lots of rivers I love it!
    Areas covered by dark clouds, hmmm what's to hide
    A nice beach and sea area
    Love how our icey area is near a mountain/cave makes a lot of sense
    And out desert area seems to be right by the main town
    Also love how the forests are in the south much like France

Oh that big cave
    Really curious as to what's going on there
    Guessing where we can find our legendaries?

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I agree with the mountain range idea; I think it would great if there was a town/city at the top of the regional mountain/s, if that hasn't happened already.

And I think the clouds were made dark when Wulava 'burned' them away, to show a bit of what was beneath them.

The map looks alright, I won't go crazy about it until I actually see it in the game, but for now I'm not complaining. I wonder what features and gimmicks this region will have.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 124 of 314 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast