Page 133 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

I really, really doubt that there is anything underneath the clouds on the southern part of the map. It just looks like inaccessible mountainous land, which we probably will never get information on regarding exactly what lies in that area. The same has happened numerous times before, with the northern-most parts of Kanto, Johto and Unova still being unexplored.

I think that although the region map looks small, it's not at all proportional to the perceived scale and detail which will be present in the game. Lumiose City looks massive in screenshots but looks tiny in comparison to its appearance on the map.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Lumiose City keeps Pierre L'Enfant's Paris designs. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoSteve View Post
    Loving the inclusion of the Stone Henge looking place and just below that (more southwest) the rock formation that resembles Durdle Door! Looks as if Kalos isn't just Paris based but taking small things from other European countries and implementing them In to the design
    Yeah that has already been mentioned, another poster has stated that the stones are likely inspired by the ones found in Carnac, France.

though I have no doubt that the design might take inspiration from Stonehenge, since it is so internationally recognisable.

Round and Round and Round he goes~

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I really, really doubt that there is anything underneath the clouds on the southern part of the map. It just looks like inaccessible mountainous land, which we probably will never get information on regarding exactly what lies in that area. The same has happened numerous times before, with the northern-most parts of Kanto, Johto and Unova still being unexplored.

I think that although the region map looks small, it's not at all proportional to the perceived scale and detail which will be present in the game. Lumiose City looks massive in screenshots but looks tiny in comparison to its appearance on the map.
    If it wasn't intended to be explored, then why is there a bridge leading up to the clouded area...?

So user here said it would be full of little rivers, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    If it wasn't intended to be explored, then why is there a bridge leading up to the clouded area...?

I was referring to the southern part of the map, as was the OP. Evidently that huge, white conical mountain in the north is just itching to be explored and purged of all its Pokemon and items available.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

I think the entrance into te mountain might be the new victory road.

Here's what I understood so far :3

I'm really in love with this region, it looks stunning.

Loving the region, nice wide array of areas.

I wonder what parts will be post-game? I'm sort of inclined to think that the east will, if only because it's on the other side of what looks to be the league. Also, I'm assuming that the town at the bottom of the map is the starting town because the route from the blue-building town leads directly into the forest and the forest is likely to be early. The town in this image matches up with the one just before Lumiose, which would also make the route just after the forest Route 3.

I'm gonna bet that there is a legendary Pokemon just past the Stonehenge area.

But the region get cut unexpectedly on the right side, maybe it's connected to an older region we can visit, like RSC? Or maybe we haven't seen the whole map?

Anyone have any idea what that purple structure is in the water in the eastern part of the map? Looks like it has a pokeball pattern on the front of it, but I could be wrong.

Pandora's Box of Fun

X Friend Code - 5112-3470-0518

Exclamation Best 95% Full Pokemon World Map

if you haven't seen

any other hopes and dreams for other generations? :-)
    Buy Japanese Video Games

Made by Me "JoeyII" AKA TheBushmaster

MY Japan & English WI-FI CODE'S: Diamond:Joey2-1375-1826-1994, Pearl:JoeyII-1718-9652-9659, Platinum:JoeyII-4941-1318-0423,
    HeartGold:Joey II-4512-2706-2653
    ,, SoulSilver:Crystal-1764-2238-4377, Black:JoeyII-1335-5610-9304, White: Green-4470-1016-3515,
    Black2: Crystal-4256-1552-0997, White2: Joey II-1765-0482-2478
    X&Y + 3ds Friend Code: J9-1118-0227-0709 (Please PM Me Your Code)

Quote Originally Posted by Awolnation View Post
    Anyone have any idea what that purple structure is in the water in the eastern part of the map? Looks like it has a pokeball pattern on the front of it, but I could be wrong.
    Yeah I noticed it too! In the biggest pic we got it looks slightly different than a pokéball like it's missing the bottom, though. --> http://puu.sh/2TnXn.png

Quote Originally Posted by Awolnation View Post
    It looks like some kind of castle to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleh View Post
    Yeah I noticed it too! In the biggest pic we got it looks slightly different than a pokéball like it's missing the bottom, though. --> http://puu.sh/2TnXn.png
    Well whatever it is, it sticks out like a sore thumb!

Pandora's Box of Fun

X Friend Code - 5112-3470-0518

I can see how it looks small compared to some people, since the other region maps have every thing so compressed, while this one looks like it has everything spread out. There looks like there are a lot of interesting places though. Also, I don't see a direct route which is pretty exciting!
    #BuyUltraviolance

So where do we think the Elite 4 is then?
    I think its that castle on the mountain next to the starting town and Victory road is just underneath it

I feel like looking they're basing the layout of cities in the regions more on the real world recently. Lumiose City is clearly where Paris is located in real life, but there are other things.
    The island Castle structure to the North East of the stone circle is geographically placed in the exact same place as Mont Saint-Michel, and also looks extremely similar. I'm now wondering if they've done this with other real-life French locations and given them counterparts in Kalos.

Right now, I'm trying to pinpoint where the starting town could be...

The town with the Roselia fountain comes off of Route 3, and most likely contains the first Gym (Given that the Pokemon League Logo that appeared in Unova is featured here in the trailer). I believe this town is probably the same as the one to the South-East of Lumiose on the map, with the green-roofed houses, the flowers and the fountain at the center. This is also supported by the small lake to the South of it, which appears on the map and in the trailer, and also the wall surrounding the town.
    From this, we can assume that the starting area is to the South, with the player having to venture through the forest to reach Route 3. This is supported in the new batch of screenshots, as a trainer outside a forest entrance says "When two Trainers' eyes meet, a Pokemon battle must begin!", which is basic early game stuff which you're normally told when fighting trainers on the early routes, normally Route 2 or it's equivalents.
    From there, Route 1 and 2 are most likely separated by the regal-looking building with the blue rooftop, and Route 1 may be the small, straight pathway leading North from the tiny town with what looks like one single, connected building more than a town.
    Of course, most of this is speculative, but I'm pretty confident that Route 3 is where I pointed it out to be on the map.

EDIT: Damn, Aleh ninja'd me on this particular point, and did it with a lot more style than I did. Oh well xD

What I find odd is that the area that I pointed out as probably being the starting town doesn't really look like a town at all, as I pointed out.
    What I'm thinking here is that instead of starting off in a regular town like most of the main series games, you'll start out more like how you did in Pokemon Ranger: Shadow of Almia, and the starting "town" is more a campus, consisting of the student accommodation and the school building itself (Which I'm thinking may well be the building that had the statue with Golurk, Palpitoad and Eevee outside that we saw in the first trailer), connected by Route 1.
    That's just what it looks like to me, but of course I could be completely wrong. It'd certainly be interesting though.
    Last edited by ShadowKreach; 14th May 2013 at 7:37 PM.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

It's so big compared to Unova and the canvas/pastel style map really makes it pretty. I think the starting home will take place in the south were those two buldings are and we'll head directly to the northwest to enter Lumiose City. Also I think that's an ice type gym at the northeast whereas the mountaintops could home Yveltal and the lone tree could be Xerneas. I wonder where the third legend is?

I think it's worth noting that this region seems to have ALOT of rivers that seldom interlock to each other.
    Could this mean the ability to surf to any location in the region like our days hoenn??

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    I feel like looking they're basing the layout of cities in the regions more on the real world recently. Lumiose City is clearly where Paris is located in real life, but there are other things.
    The island Castle structure to the North East of the stone circle is geographically placed in the exact same place as Mont Saint-Michel, and also looks extremely similar. I'm now wondering if they've done this with other real-life French locations and given them counterparts in Kalos.

Right now, I'm trying to pinpoint where the starting town could be...

The town with the Roselia fountain comes off of Route 3, and most likely contains the first Gym (Given that the Pokemon League Logo that appeared in Unova is featured here in the trailer). I believe this town is probably the same as the one to the South-East of Lumiose on the map, with the green-roofed houses, the flowers and the fountain at the center. This is also supported by the small lake to the South of it, which appears on the map and in the trailer, and also the wall surrounding the town.
    From this, we can assume that the starting area is to the South, with the player having to venture through the forest to reach Route 3. This is supported in the new batch of screenshots, as a trainer outside a forest entrance says "When two Trainers' eyes meet, a Pokemon battle must begin!", which is basic early game stuff which you're normally told when fighting trainers on the early routes, normally Route 2 or it's equivalents.
    From there, Route 1 and 2 are most likely separated by the regal-looking building with the blue rooftop, and Route 1 may be the small, straight pathway leading North from the tiny town with what looks like one single, connected building more than a town.
    Of course, most of this is speculative, but I'm pretty confident that Route 3 is where I pointed it out to be on the map.

What I find odd is that the area that I pointed out as probably being the starting town doesn't really look like a town at all, as I pointed out.
    What I'm thinking here is that instead of starting off in a regular town like most of the main series games, you'll start out more like how you did in Pokemon Ranger: Shadow of Almia, and the starting "town" is more a campus, consisting of the student accommodation and the school building itself (Which I'm thinking may well be the building that had the statue with Golurk, Palpitoad and Eevee outside that we saw in the first trailer), connected by Route 1.
    That's just what it looks like to me, but of course I could be completely wrong. It'd certainly be interesting though.
    It's 99% certain to be the town at the bottom and to the right a bit.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

the region is shaped as an irregular star says the official website.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I think it's worth noting that this region seems to have ALOT of rivers that seldom interlock to each other.
    Could this mean the ability to surf to any location in the region like our days hoenn??
    I just hope we can travel across them at all. I've always wanted a river environment for a water route and this place has rivers galore.

Speaking of the water, there appears to be no waterfalls on any of the rivers. Could this be the end of the Waterfall HM?

Also, you see that blue and red castle east of Lumiose city? That will surely be the pokemon league, I'm calling it now. It even has its own Victory Road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    the region is shaped as an irregular star says the official website.
    Well, that's what France is! Why couldn't they just admit that it's France?

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    There will probably be a lot of rock barriers inhibiting that, just like in Unova.

Page 133 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast