Page 135 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Ok, so there's two places on the map that I'm quite interested in and I don't think have been mentioned yet.

EDIT: Oh, and the northernmost town. I first thought it was the starting town, as it kind of looks like a small town like pallet town and the likes, and it is a dead end, which is with most starting towns. However, you guys convinced me of your theory of the starting town being in the south. So, what do you think the town is? It must be important, being a dead end and a long route leading to it.
    That town has a large tree in its center, and its shape is a fractal of the whole region. That might be a legendary location as well, like where the legends are told to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by kadabrium View Post
    Directly to its west is Normandie where appears to have a fortress of some sort at the harbour
    Hmm, I wonder if there'll be some form of WWII allusion...

The trailer this morning blew me away. I reall love how the region is like and I feel like it is a different direction to what we have usually. Cars passing by, we can change clothes now. I am fascinated with Europe.. so it might just be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-91 View Post
    For the cathedral thingy on the island, in france, we have that very touristic place called Mont Saint-Michel, which is a town situated on an island. And it can only be access when the sea level goes down so that vehicles can drive on the road (check it on wikipedia, might give you some others stuff). Also, in real life, it is located almost at the same place that it is in the Kalos Regions.

For the cave Island, I don't know. I thinks there are a few islands between france and england but no ideas.

Well, we can just suppose that the northen town has a gym in it. But I don't think it's a dead end. You can access it from Lumiose and leave it in the direction of the snow windmill
    Hmmm... maybe. I thought you could only access it from the snowy town. About the cathedral thing, thanks for the info. I like this new region

Oh, and by the way, is it just me or are the references to France a lot more significant than the references in previous games? Or maybe I am just more into it lol
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

I got to say, i love the new region.
    I hope they keep the seasons and like gernerator said, the weather should change as well. They have weather in some routs in other games and in emerald the weather changed with where the legendary trio was.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

That town has a large tree in its center, and its shape is a fractal of the whole region. That might be a legendary location as well, like where the legends are told to the player.
    or it could be a sacred Tree being protected....
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if there'll be some form of WWII allusion...
    Since it is logically unlikely to be able access the location of Yvelines before the villain group is cleaned, I hope that the player sail away from the cathedral after recieving information, retrieve some sort of key element on the isles, and land back over Normandie.

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Hmmm... maybe. I thought you could only access it from the snowy town. About the cathedral thing, thanks for the info. I like this new region

Oh, and by the way, is it just me or are the references to France a lot more significant than the references in previous games? Or maybe I am just more into it lol

Well the region does seem cool and huge. Personally, i've never really liked sea Routes (even in Red/Blue) so it's an other reason why i like this region.
    But it seems that Japan is fond of France. And it's also de first time that a Pokémon region is based on an entire country, not just a small part!

I'm overwhelmed as there is so much to talk about here, but I don't know how to describe any of it. On the West coast it looks like the It's A Small World ride, and below it could be a graveyard. The Pokemon League looks likes it's on the South West side. And I absolutly have no idea what that big white and blue thing east of the it's a small world ride could be.

That pink thing in the water in the snowy area...WHAT IS THAT??

The Starting town looks like it's the town in the very north.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    or it could be a sacred Tree being protected....
    I just think such a location might not be as easily accessible as it, but obviously patterns from previous generations do not support me at all.

I am saying everything based on my hope of the northeastern alpines to be a key location.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I'm overwhelmed as there is so much to talk about here, but I don't know how to describe any of it. On the West coast it looks like the It's A Small World ride, and below it could be a graveyard. The Pokemon League looks likes it's on the South West side. And I absolutly have no idea what that big white and blue thing east of the it's a small world ride could be.

That pink thing in the water in the snowy area...WHAT IS THAT??

The Starting town looks like it's the town in the very north.
    Wouldn't the league be the northward extension of the Alpes into the central plains?

One of my dreams is discover the north part of Unova, well, I was playing with my photoscape when...CCC.jpg

Wouldn't the league be the northward extension of the Alpes into the central plains?

Maybe, but then what do you think the building on the southwest side is?

Anyone else think the huge tree in the northern-most town is the one we saw in the first trailer?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertCalderon View Post
    One of my dreams is discover the north part of Unova, well, I was playing with my photoscape when...CCC.jpg
    It might be a coincidence, but it's a pretty good one... Even the rivers line up with Unova's two basins.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It might be a coincidence, but it's a pretty good one... Even the rivers line up with Unova's two basins.
    That would be freaking awesome if you could go to the Unova Reigon..like Kanto in Gen 2

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

the league is definitely in that castle that is near the snowy area

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertCalderon View Post
    The grass is greener on the other side, it seems.

I don't know what behind the clouds of southern Karos, but that looks strangely plausible nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    That would be freaking awesome if you could go to the Unova Reigon..like Kanto in Gen 2
    The problem is that they'd have to remake the whole Unova region in 3D. And I don't think there's even enough memory space on the game cartridge to do this.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    The problem is that they'd have to remake the whole Unova region in 3D.
    Technically, it's already 3D, you just can't tell. Though, they would need to come up with new models anyway...

There's also the problem of Unova sucking as hard as Kanto did in GSC.

I thought about the two basins and that Karlos is like a "Countryside Region" and Unova is like a urban region with big and industrial cities...

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    the league is definitely in that castle that is near the snowy area
    Yea...I see that now and I agree. Cool that it's sort of in the center and not on the northern edge.

I really hope they don't include other regions in this game.
    I'd much prefer something like the Battle Zone, mixed with the Battle Frontier and PWT. Battle Zone because it added new explorable locations and wild Pokemon from earlier games, Battle Frontier because of all the facilities, and the PWT because it's nice to see old faces return and it was actually really good fun.
    I hope they do that. I hate it when something is introduced in a game and then doesn't make a re-appearance (Unless it's something like Muscials, they kinda sucked...).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a Pokeathlon wouldn't be so bad either. It was one of the few side-game things that I really enjoyed.
    Last edited by ShadowKreach; 14th May 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Here is my derping of the whole region:
    xy.jpg
    The player starts at the southwestern town. The only way out is through the caves, so the player is told to visit the stonehenge and the Saint Michel to train up a bit.
    After the player arrives at St Michel, some abnormalities on the sea surface prevented access to the island. The player returns, crosses the cave and visits the central cities.
    Upon arrival at Paris the player discovers/ is told about the evil deeds of the Viking team. Then the player is invited to the star-shaped northern town to take a closer look at the region's legends.
    The player then decides to cross the sea to find the key to meeting the legendary poke. The player returns to Saint Michel, sails to the islands, retrieves the item needed and lands at Normandie.
    Then the player discovers that Xerneas(X)/Yveltal(Y) has already been caught by the Viking team and that they are heading to the northeastern mountains for Yggdrasill to exploit its power. The player meets Yveltal(X)/Xerneas(Y) and defeats them beyond the snowy mountains.

Maybe?
    [SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Page 135 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast