Page 138 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

What I want to know is where is the Palace of Versailles on the map?

Just to point out, this is not 'just France'. The western most river forms the clear Franco-Belgian, Franco-Luxembourger, Franco-German and Franco-Swiss boarders. And there is clearly explorable areas beyond that river, the snowy mountain would be in Wallonia (which is ironic considering it is part of the 'lowlands'). And the bridges indicate the German and Swiss portions of the map are explorable.

Is it just me or this art style looks A LOT like Golden Sun (if anyone has heard about those awesome games)

This is just a guess but in those RPGs you explored the map and when you aproched a town, you entered it. I hope that doesn't happens with pokemon. I'll love to see the city from afar and aproche it little by little as it gets bigger. We've seen that f footage but it also had a note that said it isn't final. :/

What do you guys think??
    currently playing pkm Y...

Ah, I see where I almost screwed up. It's only most of the northern regions of France that are in use: Basse-Normandie, Haute-Normandie, Picardie, île-De-France, and Champagne, with some of Centre, Bourgogne, and Lorraine, and maybe Belgium used to flesh the area out.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvantulaman View Post
    Is it just me or this art style looks A LOT like Golden Sun (if anyone has heard about those awesome games)

This is just a guess but in those RPGs you explored the map and when you aproched a town, you entered it. I hope that doesn't happens with pokemon. I'll love to see the city from afar and aproche it little by little as it gets bigger. We've seen that f footage but it also had a note that said it isn't final. :/

What do you guys think??
    I actually thought the same thing; though I doubt they'd introduce a Mapa-Mundi (that's the English name as well, right?) in Pokemon, since that's probably just the art for the map.
    I also think the locations are made bigger just to get a general idea of where everything is.

No, you're not the only one.

What do you guys think??
    Pokemon doesn't use the separate world map/towns&dungeons system that Golden Sun does. The map is just the map; the actual Routes and towns will be explored same as usual.

I really wanna know what is up with that "Pokeiffel tower." They show it over and over but do we actually know anything about it?

What do you guys think??
    From what we've seen on snapshots, most everything has a Dragon Quest feel to it. Very cel-shaded and brightly colored. Like spitting image, sans the Akira Toriyama facial expressions. Instead, Sugimori facial expressions!

(Who knew anime style could be so stylized?!...)

They're really handling this very well. A lot of times when a game makes the jump to 3D a lot can go wrong (see Sonic) , but it everything they've given us so far has been above and beyond my expectations.
    #BuyUltraviolance

What do you think the castle structure surrounded by mountain is? Can you imagine if they added the Disney castle from Paris, they look a little similar.
    What do you guys think?
    EDIT: also I think something cool is probably going to happen at the Stonehenge/alignments area.
    Last edited by Kingdillin; 15th May 2013 at 3:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdillin View Post
    What do you think the castle structure surrounded by mountain is? Can you imagine if they added the Disney castle from Paris, they look a little similar.
    What do you guys think?
    EDIT: also I think something cool is probably going to happen at the Stonehenge/alignments area.
    I hope it's a Bastille type castle. You can find the villain team there maybe.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

I wouldn't doubt that either, that's a neat idea.

Anyone else just love that the Kalos region is shaped like star? Also Kalos sounds better than Karos imo.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Anyone else just love that the Kalos region is shaped like star? Also Kalos sounds better than Karos imo.
    I think Karos sounds cooler. It does indeed look cool and it looks pretty large as well.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdillin View Post
    What do you guys think?
    It's Carnac, not Stonehenge. -_- And it's a town...

It's a village, and although in France they are megalithic stones menhirs, tumulus, and dolmens. It does have a slight resemblance to the Stonehenge in the UK which is just north of where the Breton village is. So Masuda could have taken some imagery from that. You never know. Lol

In the southwest corner there is a beach front town and a rock formation coming off the mountain that looks a lot like Etretat - Normandy Etretat-Normandy-Kalos.jpg

I'm really loving the map artwork. It looks like this region's locations are going to be very unique and varied from what we've seen in the past. The Kalos region might end up being my favorite yet!
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    I'm really loving the map artwork. It looks like this region's locations are going to be very unique and varied from what we've seen in the past. The Kalos region might end up being my favorite yet!
    true. the design looks cool and the towns are all unique and quite different looking. i guess that is to show off the way that the 3ds graphics work and look.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I see someone say the map will be shaped like a Pikachu head.

In fact, we have a Arceus map in Pokémon Conquest.

Okay so I did a quick marking out of the known explorable locations.

Pleas let me know if I missed something.

Blue: Towns/Cities
    Red: Unique locations
    Green: Forests
    Brwon: Caves

Is anyone trying to spot where the Victory Road and the Elite fours are? My gut's telling me it's that tower structure right underneath the snowy volcano-esque thing
    Anime is love, anime is life <3

If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefan1905 View Post
    Is anyone trying to spot where the Victory Road and the Elite fours are? My gut's telling me it's that tower structure right underneath the snowy volcano-esque thing
    I believe it's the castle like structure upon the mountain tip, just west of the snow area. VR looks to be under it too.

I just noticed a location that looks like Stonehenge...kinda interesting.Lair of a Legendary pokemon?

Or,I think the location on the left leads to Victory Road.It's like a circle of stones that leads to a cave in the mountain[Victory Road] and that leads to four different buildings[The Elite Four?] and a huge castle[The Champion?]
    Last edited by Nacreous; 15th May 2013 at 9:48 AM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I too thought this, and the area just below it looks like the Badge Check Gates
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Page 138 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast