Page 142 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    I LOVE this region. I can't wait to see all the waterways without having to spend a year in the ocean. I also love that it looks like at points you'll be able to choose where you get to go like Sinnoh. Honestly to me this looks like it could be the perfect compromise between Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova.

I don't believe the second or third gym will be in Lumiose--I believe we'll return there for gym sixish, but who knows?

I would also love if that we could ride Pokemon in caves and therefore avoid running into wild Pokemon every two steps, though I don't really mind using repels like in BW2.
    Maybe the third AND the sixth gym are in Lumiose?;p
    Anyway, the region is so mysterious and the map is amazing designed, i'm getting a warm feeling from it.

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Well we know Route 3 is connecting to Lumios City. I think the ideas everyone is coming with is very accurate, especially the starting town for sure.
    Um, no it's not. It connects the forest to this city. Lumiose City is another city away.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Um, no it's not. It connects the forest to this city. Lumiose City is another city away.
    Oh sorry, it was 5 that connects to Lumiose... sorry haha!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

What do y'all think of that places that's half-way between (but like an inch lower than) Lumiose and Note Damey-place? It looks like a big structure next to a terrace with bushes? But I can't really tell what it would be?
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Where do we start the game in? No leads? I'd guess the little hamlet below the forest on the right of the map.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    i was hoping that becomes an auto save feature
    That would be cool. It would make the feature... useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Where do we start the game in? No leads? I'd guess the little hamlet below the forest on the right of the map.
    Bottom city/building in Central Karos. 99% sure.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Definitely the southern-most town with the red roof
    -metalbryce

1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

What do y'all think of that places that's half-way between (but like an inch lower than) Lumiose and Note Damey-place? It looks like a big structure next to a terrace with bushes? But I can't really tell what it would be?
    Are you reffering to the structure that appears to be an underground railway linking the left portion of the reigon to the rest of the map?

All in all people have come to the conclusion you start in the red town in the south. Everything we've seen so far have been towns and routes from there all the way to Lumiose city if you check stills closely and match them to the map

Definitely the southern-most town with the red roof
    Thought so. I didn't mean far right, by the way, if that's what you thought I meant.

Are you reffering to the structure that appears to be an underground railway linking the left portion of the reigon to the rest of the map?
    Yes but that looks in no way like a railway to me
    -metalbryce

I'm pretty sure this is the south town with the red roofs (a.k.a the presumed starting town)

Also, I'm pretty sure the city south of Lumiose City near the waterfall is this: (Therefore route 3 below it - notice the wall around the town/city in the screenshot then on the map)

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

So are we thinking that everything shown is all going to be accessible pre-elite four and the post game stuff is hidden or?? coz the snow area really interests me but I just don't want another Ice gym, especially if its number 7!

Just checked the Kalos tag on tumblr and I guess people didn't know Kalos was France-based until the other day??? I didn't realize I was such an insider.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    So are we thinking that everything shown is all going to be accessible pre-elite four and the post game stuff is hidden or?? coz the snow area really interests me but I just don't want another Ice gym, especially if its number 7!
    I think everything in these games is shown on the map and GF will add stuff/remove clouds for the third edition(s)
    -metalbryce

Yes but that looks in no way like a railway to me
    It is. a line can run straight from one end of it to the other, it goes underground and the part of the reigon it comes out onto is literally completely isolated.

I see a day-care right by the railroad and the Elite 4 in the mountains toward the right.

I really hope Kalos ends up being as non-linear as it looks But i'm also hoping that rivals and any other NPC wont stop you every 5 seconds and tell you exactly where to go and what to do. It's MY adventure not OUR! What happened to the good old days where your rival basically hated you.

It is. a line can run straight from one end of it to the other, it goes underground and the part of the reigon it comes out onto is literally completely isolated.

I see a day-care right by the railroad and the Elite 4 in the mountains toward the right.
    Whoa you're making a lot of assumptions. The left structure does not look like a trains station or a railway. The one on the east does.

I also don't see a daycare anywhere
    -metalbryce

The building with brown fences to the east of the south-western mountain range could possibly be the day-care. It lays in what seems to be a linear route, and that's sort of typical for day-cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The building with brown fences to the east of the south-western mountain range could possibly be the day-care. It lays in what seems to be a linear route, and that's sort of typical for day-cares.
    Why would a daycare need four buildings?
    -metalbryce

What four buildings? There is only one building surrounded by a brown fence as far as I can tell.

To breed four pairs of Pokémon at once. As much as I'd like this idea, it won't happen and we'll have to painstakingly breed Pokémon one at a time.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

What four buildings? There is only one building surrounded by a brown fence as far as I can tell.
    The people who have suggested this are saying the daycare is by the railway in the east. The thing you're talking about is in the west and yes does look like a daycare
    -metalbryce

I'm also really hoping that the pokemon distribution is more like BW2 than BW coz BW was AWFUL! by the time you got to the first gym you could only have the choice of 5 pokemon. 2 of which were gifts, I still cant believe GF thought that was accaptable

Does anyone find it weird that the town we're all suspecting to be the starting town seems to be all one big building? I have an interesting theory that probably won't happen but I'm going to post anyway for the hell of it.

Notice the top-most town with the big orange tree that appears to have a clock on it or something similar? It seems to have little houses that look suitable for a player house and a rival house.

WHAT IF we actually start out in that town, and the town at the very bottom with the red building is the professor's lab?

Game Freak could be showing off the new 3D graphics engine by starting us out in a town with a huge tree (which could make for an impressive showcase of visuals and camera angles) then having us cinematically fly to the professor's lab on the other side of the region. I don't know, maybe the professor sends a bird Pokémon to come get you or something. Of course, the cinematic wouldn't show the entire trip across the region, but it would be cool seeing a 3D scene of our character fly off into the distance from the tree town and then landing in the red-roof town.

A radical departure from anything Game Freak has ever done, but this is the first game they've developed in which this is possible. They may very well want to showcase their new 3D engine in the beginning of the game, and I don't see them being able to do that very fluently if we were to be starting off in that red-roof town.

I don't necessarily think this is what is going to happen, but it's an interesting possibility. But I DO believe that cinematic elements will be much more prevalent this generation.

EDIT: Assuming the image below is the red roof town, it much more like a facility-type building than a home for the trainer. Notice the format of the sign in front of the building, the professional-looking floral arrangement, and the stone structure of the ground she is standing on.

Last edited by TWN; 15th May 2013 at 10:39 PM.

And... if u look closely, there is a place that looks like stonehenge! with dolmens and all... it is next to the town with the red roof... what it may be?

Page 142 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast