Page 143 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Does anyone find it weird that the town we're all suspecting to be the starting town seems to be all one big building? I have an interesting theory that probably won't happen but I'm going to post anyway for the hell of it.

Notice the top-most town with the big orange tree that appears to have a clock on it or something similar? It seems to have little houses that look suitable for a player house and a rival house.

WHAT IF we actually start out in that town, and the town at the very bottom with the red building is the professor's lab?

Game Freak could be showing off the new 3D graphics engine by starting us out in a town with a huge tree (which could make for an impressive showcase of visuals and camera angles) then having us cinematically fly to the professor's lab on the other side of the region. I don't know, maybe the professor sends a bird Pokémon to come get you or something. Of course, the cinematic wouldn't show the entire trip across the region, but it would be cool seeing a 3D scene of our character fly off into the distance from the tree town and then landing in the red-roof town.

A radical departure from anything Game Freak has ever done, but this is the first game they've developed in which this is possible. They may very well want to showcase their new 3D engine in the beginning of the game, and I don't see them being able to do that very fluently if we were to be starting off in that red-roof town.

I don't necessarily think this is what is going to happen, but it's an interesting possibility.
    This sounds awesome. It will be a great way to show of what they can do with the 3DS. Kind of like the little stunt with the cliff top in BW2

I really like the look of the stonehenge place.

Im curious to know what that place is, especially the three statue things in the middle. Legendary Origins maybe ?

Although it probably doesn't mean anything there is also 18 small stones around it; possible hint at extra type ? <--- JK

So I imagine that the other cities aren't going to have the camera angles be as wild and crazy as what they'll be like in Lumiose City. Kind of like how Castelia was the major city in Unova. Hopefully some other towns will have special niches and more awesome bench views.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    So I imagine that the other cities aren't going to have the camera angles be as wild and crazy as what they'll be like in Lumiose City. Kind of like how Castelia was the major city in Unova. Hopefully some other towns will have special niches and more awesome bench views.
    I think they will the bit where the trainer sits down on the bench the angle changes and thats not Lumiose thats another town you can see the roselia statue in the town further down we have also seen different angles on routes in trailers

With all the ruins and everything, I'm definitely thinking another region filled with myths and legends like Sinnoh.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by Ridiculum View Post
    I really like the look of the stonehenge place.

Im curious to know what that place is, especially the three statue things in the middle. Legendary Origins maybe ?

Although it probably doesn't mean anything there is also 18 small stones around it; possible hint at extra type ? <--- JK
    It's Carnac, not Stonehenge. It's a town based on Carnac.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    It's Carnac, not Stonehenge. It's a town based on Carnac.
    I love how certainly you know this
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    I love how certainly you know this
    Go to Google Maps. Go to that location and you'll find a town in that location called Carnac. Then Google 'Carnac Stones' you'll find those structures. It's not like the structure of Stonehenge is limited to just England. There's also the fact that it would take away an epic location from a future UK region. So yes, it is Carnac since that makes the most sense.

Also the row of stones in front of the town is reminiscent of the straight path that the Carnac stones take. So there.
    Last edited by GoldCyndaquil; 15th May 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I think they will the bit where the trainer sits down on the bench the angle changes and thats not Lumiose thats another town you can see the roselia statue in the town further down we have also seen different angles on routes in trailers
    I do hope so, I'm just worried that they'll focus everything on Lumiose and the other towns will seem to pale in significance. Im super stocked about the animation as you get to the Pokemon league, like the camera going POV as you emerge from the dark Victory Road and then you see this huge castle and then the camara pans all the was around it while it climbs and then you can see the whole region behind it! I'm thinking the fire pillars are going to be at the league or maybe a fire gym, but it seems really extravagant for a gym, but I'm probably wrong.

You know what I want? An actual graveyard. That or a Ghost gym set as a Graveyard, with a Vampire Gym Leader! I don't know why, it's just popped into my head haha!

|

Go to Google Maps. Go to that location and you'll find a town in that location called Carnac. Then Google 'Carnac Stones' you'll find those structures. It's not like the structure of Stonehenge is limited to just England. There's also the fact that it would take away an epic location from a future UK region. So yes, it is Carnac since that makes the most sense.

Also the row of stones in front of the town is reminiscent of the straight path that the Carnac stones take. So there.
    Yes but Carnac has about 300 standing stones. Stonehenge has 17. Kalos has 18. So it seems more like Stonehenge, in the area where Carnac is in France. Love the speculation of this hinting at a new type though!
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

I notice we're getting another marsh.

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    You know what I want? An actual graveyard. That or a Ghost gym set as a Graveyard, with a Vampire Gym Leader! I don't know why, it's just popped into my head haha!
    well we have had graveyards in past games so I see why this would be no different

Guys I suggest you to have a look at this analysis of the map, Really well done. If you look at the bottom right route 2 and 3 are found so maybe the starting town is around there..
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Kal...tion-371845168

Wasn't Grimsley's design based on a vampire? But I do want a Graveyard!, but they like to favour towers more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Guys I suggest you to have a look at this analysis of the map, Really well done. If you look at the bottom right route 2 and 3 are found so maybe the starting town is around there..
    This seems to confirm most peoples theories on here, although some still think the very top town maybe the start but I personally agree with this theory.

Does anyone think we might be able to visit other 'worlds/dimensions', like with the Distortion World in Platinum?
    I can see it happening, especially if they are going with the whole Norse theme, since the Yggdrasil connects all nine worlds. Obviously not extensively, like not a region-sized area.
    I also think that maybe, the place you visit could be different depending on your version; forest/nature related place for Xerneas and a dark one for Yveltal.

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    Yes but Carnac has about 300 standing stones. Stonehenge has 17. Kalos has 18. So it seems more like Stonehenge, in the area where Carnac is in France. Love the speculation of this hinting at a new type though!
    Are the stones in the design of Stonehenge? No. They're not. Just because it's a round megalithic structure, everyone just assumes that it's Stonehenge. Look at the fact: it's in the location of Carnac; it has megalithic structures that run in a straight line just like the Carnac Stones; there's quite obviously a town in the stones which leans more towards Carnac than Stonehenge. I seriously can't be the only one seeing this.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

thats is very well done yeah I assumed thats the starting town from seeing the first trailer then seeing the map itself

I'm also really hoping that the pokemon distribution is more like BW2 than BW coz BW was AWFUL! by the time you got to the first gym you could only have the choice of 5 pokemon. 2 of which were gifts, I still cant believe GF thought that was accaptable
    The beginning of BW2 was good, there was plenty of variety in the first few routes, but then after that, the variety was pretty bad in mid game and tons of Pokemon were unobtainable until ridiculously late in the game. Hopefully XY won't have that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    well we have had graveyards in past games so I see why this would be no different
    Yeah but they've only ever been in towers, not an ACTUAL graveyard outside (Not to say there isn't graveyards inside, just I've only ever seen outside graveyards haha)

Wasn't Grimsley's design based on a vampire? But I do want a Graveyard!, but they like to favour towers more than anything.
    Nothing wrong with another haha!

Love everything about this! The only thing, I'd think there is an ice town (the one they say is a city) and the windmill ice place is actually a city. Just my own thoughts
    Last edited by s2daam; 15th May 2013 at 11:15 PM.

|

Yeah but they've only ever been in towers, not an ACTUAL graveyard outside (Not to say there isn't graveyards inside, just I've only ever seen outside graveyards haha)

My thoughts exactly!

Nothing wrong with another haha!
    Touche.

I really hope they mix up the gym order so it feels fresh. Ice, Dragon and Water need a break or at the very least not be 7th or 8th. I always liked the idea of having Dragon first. All it would mean is that your starters STAB would not very effective, forcing you to rely on your whole team, a worthy and fair challenge imo.

Are the stones in the design of Stonehenge? No. They're not. Just because it's a round megalithic structure, everyone just assumes that it's Stonehenge. Look at the fact: it's in the location of Carnac; it has megalithic structures that run in a straight line just like the Carnac Stones; there's quite obviously a town in the stones which leans more towards Carnac than Stonehenge. I seriously can't be the only one seeing this.
    You're not the only one; don't worry. I don't think the number of stones matters. The maps are always simplified; they're not going to sit and draw every little stone in the town. Besides, Stonehenge is in the U.K., while Carnac is in France. Kalos is based on France and not the U.K., so logic dictates that it is Carnac.

Love everything about this! The only thing, I'd think there is an ice town (the one they say is a city) and the windmill ice place is actually a city. Just my own thoughts
    Yeah, actually there are houses below it..

Page 143 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast