Page 145 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    We've seen the player use it in the very first trailer. Then we see the player wearing it again in the recent trailer.

EDIT: Yeah. You're just confused.
    recent screenshot*

and why not skates? they could be more controllable than a bike.

It is surely interesting that the Kalos region is described as being star shaped, while France is described as being a hexagon. However, I do see just the most vague star shape when I look at France. I wonder if the creators saw that as an inspiration.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Zero38 View Post
    recent screenshot*

and why not skates? they could be more controllable than a bike.
    idk i just prefer the bike. more of a classic feel to me. it's one of the few things that has stayed consistent in the games, that seems to kind of tie them all together, you know?

I love the fact that this region's symbol draws inspiration from the country it's based on.

Not only that it is based on the French flag and takes the region's shape, but I also like that each color represents the sub-regions.
    I also like that Central Kalos is shaped like the Eiffel tower.

It's a small detail, but it's genius.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    It is surely interesting that the Kalos region is described as being star shaped, while France is described as being a hexagon. However, I do see just the most vague star shape when I look at France. I wonder if the creators saw that as an inspiration.
    http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/...france_map.gif

that's what I also see, but I don't know why they'd want to point that out, how can this story related :/ ?

I love the fact that this region's symbol draw inspiration from the country it's based on.

Not only that it is based on the French flag and takes the region's shape, but I also like that each color represents the sub-regions.

yeah i thought that was very cool. they don't usually add things like that
    idk i am just a geek and i love the little extra details they put the effort in to make it more interesting

I love the fact that this region's symbol draws inspiration from the country it's based on.

They're going all out on this, I love it. The attention to detail is exciting!
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Even though the skates have been confirmed already. If you look back on the first trailer of the male protag skating you can actually hear him skating.
    I hope they don't get rid of the bike cause they are much faster then skates, plus we've always got a bike. I'm hopping these skates don't replace the bike but instead they'll just be a new feature added onto the running shoes that we receive.

It'll be cool if are home town is the one furthest north that way the giant Lumiose City is pretty early in-game.
    I'm rather interested in the Stonehenge structure can't wait to see what GF is gonna do with it. As well as the strange pink thing with what looks like a pokeball on it jetting out from the river on the east part of the region. I've heard a rumor from a few that it might be the thing that evolve's Eevee into Sylveon, still it's just a rumor might even be a Gym but it is rather strange looking.
    Last edited by Zyon; 16th May 2013 at 4:35 AM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

My OCD hates how the blue is not on the top, as to follow the direction of the three colours of the flag. I'd imagine the symbol/colour moves based on what dex you're currently viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Even though the skates have been confirmed already. If you look back on the first trailer of the male protag skating you can actually hear him skating.
    I hope they don't get rid of the bike cause they are much faster then skates, plus we've always got a bike. I'm hopping these skates don't replace the bike but instead they'll just be a new feature added onto the running shoes that we receive.

It'll be cool if are home town is the one furthest north that way the giant Lumiose City is pretty early in-game.
    I'm rather interested in the Stonehenge structure can't wait to see what GF is gonna do with it. As well as the strange pink thing with what looks like a pokeball on it jetting out from the river on the east part of the region. I've heard a rumor from a few that it might be the thing that evolve's Eevee into Sylveon, still it's just a rumor might even be a Gym but it is rather strange looking.
    I always found putting a bicycle in my bag was a bit absurd.... at least skates could fit in a bag. I've got nothing against changing it up and getting skates instead of a bike. Maybe you get to choose in the game which you want. Like back when we had the acro bike and... well I forget what they were called but one bike you could 'hop' and the other went really fast. Maybe we get to choose? I doubt they would have different uses like the hopping or speed. Personally I like the idea of skates just a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    My OCD hates how the blue is not on the top, as to follow the direction of the three colours of the flag. I'd imagine the symbol/colour moves based on what dex you're currently viewing.
    Hopefully The region your in goes to the top... It bothers me that the Central Region is on the top and not in the...middle.
    FC: 2793-1148-2460

Default Star shaped Region?

So... is said that this region has a "star shaped" form.. so, why dont we look for 5 important locations in this map to actually form a pentagram. maybe thats the whole point of showcasing a determinate but not THAT visible form for this region.
    Im thinking on these 5 "structures" that probably will joint into some sort of mecanism to execute the "gang's" evil plot... maaaybee?

Quote Originally Posted by anderdan View Post
    I always found putting a bicycle in my bag was a bit absurd.... at least skates could fit in a bag.
    The bike is collapsible. It fits in the bag because you have to fold it up when you put it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The bike is collapsible. It fits in the bag because you have to fold it up when you put it away.
    That's still big, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    That's still big, isn't it?
    Yes, but it fits through the opening, which is the important part. Once it fits, it's shipped off to hammerspace where it can be called upon when needed.

Skates still seem a lot easier to carry around.
    Last edited by kyle72686; 16th May 2013 at 6:24 AM.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Why do you guys care so much anyway? It's a video game, it's not supposed to be realistic, just plausible.

On topic: Anyone else curious about that island cave northwest of the desert?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Why do you guys care so much anyway? It's a video game, it's not supposed to be realistic, just plausible.

On topic: Anyone else curious about that island cave northwest of the desert?
    Yes. Very excited

I also like how there's no single "route" that's obvious anywhere. The use of rivers looks awesome too.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    Yes. Very excited

I also like how there's no single "route" that's obvious anywhere. The use of rivers looks awesome too.
    i believe that the multiple rivers might indicate that there might be some sort of ferry service available
    in which, i am excited to see how they pull that off

This is quite unlikely, and I don't know if it's been mentioned, but could the large fairytale-style castle to the right of the map be a nod to Disneyland Paris?
    New Misty sig on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by misty'scorsola View Post
    This is quite unlikely, and I don't know if it's been mentioned, but could the large fairytale-style castle to the right of the map be a nod to Disneyland Paris?
    that is a good idea. a lot of it seems to relate to places or locations in France, so i wouldn't be surprised if there is a place loosely based on disneyland.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I'm sure someone has mentioned it already, but in the new trailer when the male character sits on a bench by the Roselia fountain in Lumiose City, there appears to be a Gym there.

Only speculating this because of the giant Gym symbol on the side of a building which all could be located in a park. So it certainly reassures my belief in a new Grass-type Gym!

Added, I think the starting town will be in the Coastal sub-region, judging by the blue pentagons on the starters' info screenshots. But that's just my theory.
    Last edited by Courpse_Mew; 16th May 2013 at 7:59 AM. Reason: I'm so forgetful
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Region View Post
    So... is said that this region has a "star shaped" form.. so, why dont we look for 5 important locations in this map to actually form a pentagram. maybe thats the whole point of showcasing a determinate but not THAT visible form for this region.
    Im thinking on these 5 "structures" that probably will joint into some sort of mecanism to execute the "gang's" evil plot... maaaybee?
    Perhaps each star corner inhabits a legendary Pokemon
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    that is a good idea. a lot of it seems to relate to places or locations in France, so i wouldn't be surprised if there is a place loosely based on disneyland.
    Heck, the entire map is reminiscent of Disneyland, a central area represented by Lumiose City symbolising the central castle of Disneyland with the other smaller towns and cities built around it. I like how they're playing on the idea of a central point that can be used to access all the other parts of the region. Kinda like how Unova was supposed to be, except without the useless Entralink in the middle.
    Knarly, dude!

I wonder when they will show us some in-building footage. With all the awesome things we've already in the field, I'm so curious of how a PokéCenter, a café or even a regular house will look on the inside! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aiwendil View Post
    I wonder when they will show us some in-building footage. With all the awesome things we've already in the field, I'm so curious of how a PokéCenter, a café or even a regular house will look on the inside! =D
    Well we do have a bit of indoors footage as well from the announcement trailer which showed some aspects of the new gym structures.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Page 145 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast