Page 147 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar trainer View Post
    Not sure if we're talking about the same spot, I meant this

Attachment 9199
    Legit. Nobody saw that. Good eyes, lad.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Even though the skates have been confirmed already. If you look back on the first trailer of the male protag skating you can actually hear him skating.
    I hope they don't get rid of the bike cause they are much faster then skates, plus we've always got a bike. I'm hopping these skates don't replace the bike but instead they'll just be a new feature added onto the running shoes that we get
    I read Somewhere that rollerskates are attached to the running shoes.....
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    I read Somewhere that rollerskates are attached to the running shoes.....
    so we have heelys interesting

I bet we get heelys, a bike and riding pokemon in certain areas just so we can have a choice og what we use though tbf I bet you cant use heelys in the desert or grass just the citys to move around quicker

Is it generally accepted that we start in the southern most town yet?
    Well, the one at the bottom and to the right a bit.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Is it generally accepted that we start in the southern most town yet?
    Well, the one at the bottom and to the right a bit.
    I would assume so it seem like the most obvious point to start really and we have seen route 3 just before the town just after it

I just thought of something...

According to PokeBeach's source, the professor is named Patrice. As Patrice is not the name of a kind of tree, this doesn't really fit in with the rest of the main professors, so this doesn't really fit. However, a name given later, Professor Sycamore, does fit in with this. So I've thought up a few possibilities...

- Patrice and Professor Sycamore are the same person, the full name being Patrice Sycamore. Something similar was done with Professor Juniper, who apparently has the first name Aurea, which seems to come from a tree's scientific name, and with Cedric Juniper, whose name comes from Cedar trees. Could someone maybe do some research and see if there's any tree names, scientific or otherwise, that sound similar to Patrice?
    - Patrice is an aide to Professor Sycamore, much like how Bianca was Professor Juniper's aide in B2/W2. Not really much more to say on that one, just a possibility.
    - Here's a theory I came up with myself. Rather than being just researchers, Patrice and Sycamore are also teachers. This would match up with the speculation that the location just north of what we believe is the starting town is a school/college/university, and the red roofed building is student accommodation.
    Perhaps Patrice is the player and rival's tutor, and this is why he is the one to give you the starter. Professor Sycamore may be the principal/headmaster of the school, and thus doesn't give you the starters personally.
    I feel that this fits in well with the school speculation. It would certainly make sense. Thoughts?
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post

According to PokeBeach's source, the professor is named Patrice. As Patrice is not the name of a kind of tree, this doesn't really fit in with the rest of the main professors, so this doesn't really fit. However, a name given later, Professor Sycamore, does fit in with this. So I've thought up a few possibilities...

- Patrice and Professor Sycamore are the same person, the full name being Patrice Sycamore. Something similar was done with Professor Juniper, who apparently has the first name Aurea, which seems to come from a tree's scientific name, and with Cedric Juniper, whose name comes from Cedar trees. Could someone maybe do some research and see if there's any tree names, scientific or otherwise, that sound similar to Patrice?
    - Patrice is an aide to Professor Sycamore, much like how Bianca was Professor Juniper's aide in B2/W2. Not really much more to say on that one, just a possibility.
    - Here's a theory I came up with myself. Rather than being just researchers, Patrice and Sycamore are also teachers. This would match up with the speculation that the location just north of what we believe is the starting town is a school/college/university, and the red roofed building is student accommodation.
    Perhaps Patrice is the player and rival's tutor, and this is why he is the one to give you the starter. Professor Sycamore may be the principal/headmaster of the school, and thus doesn't give you the starters personally.
    I feel that this fits in well with the school speculation. It would certainly make sense. Thoughts?
    I thought they said Patrice was a common french name and it sounds like Pa-TREE-ce

That sounds like it could work.... Cuz Gamefreak is Trying new things...
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

This belongs in the character thread
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I thought they said Patrice was a common french name and it sounds like Pa-TREE-ce
    Patrice is a common name, but I'm thinking there might be some more meaning behind it than just a pun. That's really not the style they take with the professors, especially not with their last names. Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan and Juniper are all directly named after trees, I don't see why they'd suddenly change it to a (really bad) pun. It sounds more like a first name anyway, so the first theory is pretty likely.
    Professor Patrice Sycamore sounds more like a name they'd go with, to be honest.

Also, just going to be clear, I posted those theories here in the region speculation thread because of the last theory possibly backing up the first town and the castle-like building after it as a school campus.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

It seems weird how the Unova region map had all the 'Gyms' shown, but on this map there aren't really any unique enough looking buildings that could be gyms. I mean we know there's a Gym in the town before Lumiose but none of the building look 'Gym worthy'

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    It seems weird how the Unova region map had all the 'Gyms' shown, but on this map there aren't really any unique enough looking buildings that could be gyms. I mean we know there's a Gym in the town before Lumiose but none of the building look 'Gym worthy'
    That's true, but I'm sure things will get more detailed soon
    -metalbryce

1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Guys, stop quoting really long posts and responding with one-liners, not to mini-mod, but seriously...
    I always thought that the big purple rock could be a poison type gym or something similar.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Guys, stop quoting really long posts and responding with one-liners, not to mini-mod, but seriously...
    I always thought that the big purple rock could be a poison type gym or something similar.
    Who cares?
    Anyway, I never thought of that rock as that. Could be cool!
    -metalbryce

Lightbulb

Yeah....I actually thought you be able to see gym BUT on the map its Not to scale....so its Much Larger when we get to it. Is how i see it
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Also, if we can move diagonally, I guess so can other trainers. I think it may be harder to avoid them coz their movements are going to be more fluid. Gone are the days where their overworld sprites will randomly turn 90 degrees. They might even scan the area and look left to right.

Also, if we can move diagonally, I guess so can other trainers. I think it may be harder to avoid them coz their movements are going to be more fluid. Gone are the days where their overworld sprites will randomly turn 90 degrees. They might even scan the area and look left to right.
    im sure they will still be on some kind of timer when they turn like before and you can time it right to pass them

haha or completely flip a 180° running vertically.

it doesn't really bother me if they're harder to avoid they as I tend to battle all the trainers just for grinding purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    I thought it looked like a sculpture. Maybe there's an art gallery or something.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

So it prolly wont be easy to escape a Trainer that wants to Battle
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Yeah, I try to battle every trainer, but I'm just saying it would be cool. I hope we get to see more battles soon, coz everything so far has been in the field next to the forest, or one that has fences in the distance. I want to see a battle in caves or indoors. I also hope the indoor battles will look like our surroundings, like when in that possible bug gym, we see the wooden structures and webs in the background. That would be so cool.

So it prolly wont be easy to escape a Trainer that wants to Battle
    It'll probably be easier. You'll be able to predict their turning unlike before. Anyway, this belongs in the gameplay thread.
    -metalbryce

So what do ya'll think that Subway/Train thing is?
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

if im honest at first i thought it was a route to a 2nd region but now i think it could just be the way to the league I know it has stairs that lead to a path that leads to the lower snow town

Other than a representation of the TGV, I guess it could be Gen 6's version of Anville Town if the Battle Subway returns again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 147 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast