Page 164 of 314 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    Love the idea of that area being a canyon, it's a unique landform that I've never thought about in a Pokemon game. I hope it would be really well layered and done up like a national park of sorts, where there's tons to explore.
    I wonder if there will snow drifts falling down and ledges to rock climbing to get to, and just how it will look overall.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

I'm hoping for a jungle-type area where you can somehow climb up trees and balance on the canopies and explore and get to catch Flying type Pokemon. If you don't keep moving, the canopy might collapse and you land in a bush but don't get hurt.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    Love the idea of that area being a canyon, it's a unique landform that I've never thought about in a Pokemon game. I hope it would be really well layered and done up like a national park of sorts, where there's tons to explore.
    That's exactly how I pictured it. Plus you can have some rally diverse pokemon there. We could see fire types more in the day and then pokemon that are more suited to cold at night. I want it to be an absolute maze. We walk across very thin ledges and the camera can pan round to show how high up we are.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsOfSilver View Post
    I hope not as well. I was really miffed in D/P after finding out I couldn't have a Gliscor till I beat the game! At least they fixed it with Platinum.
    i traded over my Gliscor at lvl 5 when i started a new game on pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Isnt the stonehenge-like thing/that area meant to be Carnac?

Yeah, it suppose to be Carnac
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

People have probably already been speculating about Gym locations and types, but I thought I'd chip in (I can't remember the rumoured gym types, so I'm improvising these):
    First gym: Lumiose City- maybe Steel type (reversing the old cycle (usually rock first) of Fire being the hardest starter choice and grass the easiest)
    Second gym: The Lava pit in the dessert west of Lumiose; Fire type, or perhaps one of the buildings South of there is a gym, so Ground type)
    Third Gym: The strange Autumn town above Lumiose; Bug type (I think those trees make a good habitat for Bug types)
    Fourth Gym: Backtrack to the town with the Roselia fountain; Grass type (There is what looks like a hedge maze and a field of flowers north of this city)
    Fifth Gym: The ice windmill city; Ice :P
    Sixth Gym: the Castle with the moat, west of the Roselia fountain city; Dark Type (I picture a gloomy castle inside)
    Seventh Gym: South West, over the mountains, the city near the coast; Fairy type ( I can imagine the stones playing a part in some kind of myth regarding the type, or possibly Ghost type)
    Eigth Gym: Right back across East, to the town with what looks like solar panels on the roof, next to the big purple crystal; Psychic type.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    People have probably already been speculating about Gym locations and types, but I thought I'd chip in (I can't remember the rumoured gym types, so I'm improvising these):
    First gym: Lumiose City- maybe Steel type (reversing the old cycle (usually rock first) of Fire being the hardest starter choice and grass the easiest)
    Second gym: The Lava pit in the dessert west of Lumiose; Fire type, or perhaps one of the buildings South of there is a gym, so Ground type)
    Third Gym: The strange Autumn town above Lumiose; Bug type (I think those trees make a good habitat for Bug types)
    Fourth Gym: Backtrack to the town with the Roselia fountain; Grass type (There is what looks like a hedge maze and a field of flowers north of this city)
    Sixth Gym: the Castle with the moat, west of the Roselia fountain city; Dark Type (I picture a gloomy castle inside)
    Seventh Gym: South West, over the mountains, the city near the coast; Fairy type ( I can imagine the stones playing a part in some kind of myth regarding the type, or possibly Ghost type)
    Eigth Gym: Right back across East, to the town with what looks like solar panels on the roof, next to the big purple crystal; Psychic type.
    That's a bit weird, Chespin will have any advantage against the first 3 gyms (well maybe with Rollout for the Bug type one). It would be worst than back in Johto where Chikorita was weak against the first two. But I like it, very challenging.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Having a Steel type Gym first would be strange, but it would be a great change of pace.
    Hopefully the Gym type order is interesting.

Here's what I think of your's.

First Gym/Steel: I love this idea. A steel gym in the concrete jungle. Its definitely a a new twist. Except where do you think we're going to start?

Second Gym: I'm not even sure if there's going to be a gym there. It looks more like Area 51 than a town.

Third Gym: I think that's where the swinging tree is so I think its a grass gym. Because we've seen footage of a spider web puzzle.

Fourth Gym: If this is the grass gym I'd love to have to go through the maze to get to the gym leader

Fifth Gym: That's a no brainer.

Sixth Gym: I really think that Victory Road and the Elite Four. But I don't see a big gloomy castle. It looks too bright.

Seventh and Eight: If there is a fairy type everybody is putting the town with the pink tower as the fairy gym. But the town near Stonehenge is probably coast as it looks like a graveyard is nearby.

You really zig zagged around, which I actually really liked. Its not that linear. Which they'll probably put us in a spiral route start in the middle, and circular around the edges.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Some good suggestions there. Im glad you have ended this little penultimate ice gym pattern we're getting into.
    Also good to see a dark gym included. I would prefer this order for gyms:
    1.Fighting (no reason in particular)
    2.Dragon (Just to make it seem less powerful)
    3.Fire (not too weak/powerful)
    4.Rock(Same as before)
    5.New type/Poison(To promote new type/poison needs another gym)
    6.Grass(Traditionally earlier
    7. Normal (just for annoying purposes)
    8.Dark (quality NOT quantity)
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Gyms, huh? I'm going to take a crack at them:

1st gym: Grass. Located in the city with the Roselia Fountain
    2nd gym: Fairy. Located in Lumiose City.
    3rd gym: Poison. Located in the city southwest of the desert, at the end of the tree lined path.
    4th gym: Rock. Located in the city on the beach near the Y shaped mountain.
    5th gym: Steel. Located in the city northwest of the desert.
    6th gym: Bug. Located in the clocktower city north of Lumiose City.
    7th gym: Dark. Located in the windmill city
    8th gym: Psychic. Located in the city with the purple hand.

I tried to use some lesser used ones, but I have a feeling we're going to see some repeats like Normal, Water, Electric, Flying, or Ice somewhere. Which is going to be annoying, especially if they appear around the same point in the game that they normally appear in. I think those types could use a rest as gym types for a game or two (although many of those have yet to be used as Elite 4 types, I'd like to see that much change some time).

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Having a Steel type Gym first would be strange, but it would be a great change of pace.
    Hopefully the Gym type order is interesting.
    Having a Steel type gym first would be too OP, since it resists practically everything. I wouldn't expect to see it earlier than 4th.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 20th May 2013 at 6:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Here's my gym speculation. I think we'll start at the Roselia Fountain Town and spiral counterclockwise. This is based on there being a fairy type also.

First Gym- Lumiose City: Electric or Steel. I think it will be themed on it being a big city so either themed from a concrete jungle or powered by electricity.

Second: The clocktower town. Its either Grass or Bug. It could go either way

Third Gym: The town by the coastwith the lighthouse could be ground or fire based on it being near the desert.

Fourth Gym: It will be Water because its by the coast. Either the town with the lighthouse or the town by the big glass tower house thing.

Fifth Gym: Ghost because its right by the town with Stonehenge/graveyard.

Sixth Gym: Circle all the way to pink tower for a fairy gym. There could be little sidequest to get us there since its halfway across the region.

Seventh: Ice gym at the snowflake windmill. No brainer.

Eighth: (?) I'm really not sure. Maybe a weird one somewhere that was like Blue's. Or that town with the weird bridge right before the town with the pink tower could be a dam and there could be electric theme there so there might be a electric gym there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I tried to use some lesser used ones, but I have a feeling we're going to see some repeats like Normal, Water, Electric, Flying, or Ice somewhere. Which is going to be annoying, especially if they appear around the same point in the game that they normally appear in. I think those types could use a rest as gym types for a game or two (although many of those have yet to be used as Elite 4 types, I'd like to see that much change some time).

Having a Steel type gym first would be too OP, since it resists practically everything. I wouldn't expect to see it earlier than 4th.
    It kinda looks like we can't get away with. Like Gamefreak could resist a water gym when we have a coast or a ice gym when we have a snowy area.
    Last edited by EliJolesy; 20th May 2013 at 6:17 PM.

If they have a Steel type first then that might justify the regional bird getting a Fire type attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    If they have a Steel type first then that might justify the regional bird getting a Fire type attack.
    That makes sense for those that didn't choose Fennekin. Sounds reasonable so maybe there is a steel gym somewhere around the first.

First Gym: Bug gym in Lumiose City, A Castelia repeat?
    Second Gym: Backtrack to roselia town, Fairy Gym. Roselia changed to Grass/Fairy?
    Third Gym: Snorlax City, Grass Gym
    Fourth Gym: Harbor Town at the coast, Fight Gym
    Fifth Gym: Backtrack to windmill town, Ice Gym
    Sixth Gym: Backtrack to Castle town, Dark Gym
    Seventh Gym: Cathedral City, Fire Gym
    Eight Gym: Solar panel ice town, Psychic Gym
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    First Gym: Bug gym in Lumiose City, A Castelia repeat?
    Second Gym: Backtrack to roselia town, Fairy Gym. Roselia changed to Grass/Fairy?
    Third Gym: Snorlax City, Grass Gym
    Fourth Gym: Harbor Town at the coast, Fight Gym
    Fifth Gym: Backtrack to windmill town, Ice Gym
    Sixth Gym: Backtrack to Castle town, Dark Gym
    Seventh Gym: Cathedral City, Fire Gym
    Eight Gym: Solar panel ice town, Psychic Gym
    What would the logic behind a bug gym in a big city be? Last time it was because he was an artist so a bug gym was okay because he needed to be in a city. What would the story be now I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    What would the logic behind a bug gym in a big city be? Last time it was because he was an artist so a bug gym was okay because he needed to be in a city. What would the story be now I wonder?
    Maybe his stepsister? Who likes to draw?
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)

Maybe his stepsister? Who likes to draw?
    What if it was a grass/bug gym that wanted to make a recreational parks within the city for Grass/Bug Pokemon which would be the the circular spots on the insides of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Some good suggestions there. Im glad you have ended this little penultimate ice gym pattern we're getting into.
    Also good to see a dark gym included. I would prefer this order for gyms:
    1.Fighting (no reason in particular)
    2.Dragon (Just to make it seem less powerful)
    3.Fire (not too weak/powerful)
    4.Rock(Same as before)
    5.New type/Poison(To promote new type/poison needs another gym)
    6.Grass(Traditionally earlier
    7. Normal (just for annoying purposes)
    8.Dark (quality NOT quantity)
    Thanks I think we might get to see an Ice gym earlier this time (I presume that snowy windmill is an Ice gym, maybe not), because it's quite near Lumiose City

Also, I was going to have Poison and Normal Elite 4 members I'd like them to get more exposure.

I think Dragon type that early could be difficult, because it will resist your Starter- unless we can get hold of an Ice type/ Ice move. Though I'd like to see dragon type a little bit 'de-mythed' this gen too
    Here's what I think of your's.

First Gym/Steel: I love this idea. A steel gym in the concrete jungle. Its definitely a a new twist. Except where do you think we're going to start?

Second Gym: I'm not even sure if there's going to be a gym there. It looks more like Area 51 than a town.

Third Gym: I think that's where the swinging tree is so I think its a grass gym. Because we've seen footage of a spider web puzzle.

Fourth Gym: If this is the grass gym I'd love to have to go through the maze to get to the gym leader

Fifth Gym: That's a no brainer.

Sixth Gym: I really think that Victory Road and the Elite Four. But I don't see a big gloomy castle. It looks too bright.

Seventh and Eight: If there is a fairy type everybody is putting the town with the pink tower as the fairy gym. But the town near Stonehenge is probably coast as it looks like a graveyard is nearby.

You really zig zagged around, which I actually really liked. Its not that linear. Which they'll probably put us in a spiral route start in the middle, and circular around the edges.
    Thank you I think the starting town is the one most Southerly, with the triangle flower bed things. I skip the first town kind of like in Kanto and Hoenn (can't remember if anywhere else is like that) to get to Lumiose, which is supposed to be like a hub, so I placed the gyms in order for you to have to go back through it (some might not pass through there, but plot could bring you back there) Also, Steel being the first gym, I'm thinking there could be some earlyish fighting types to help out with the Steel Gym; or perhaps you have to visit the desert once first, where there will be Ground and Fire types to defeat the Steel gym

The desert bit does look like it is just some sort of research facility/ties, which could double as a gym (sort of like Nacrene Gym)

Oh yeah, that tree could be there! Or maybe in one of the other woody areas (there is a lot this gen :P) or the big tree looking thing with the yellow patch around it, in the bottom right of the map.

That town reminds me of Maple tree road in Mario Kart Wii (I love that level ) I dunno, something makes me think Bug; that maze thing above the other town is a good idea, as in it could be how to get to the Leader perhaps

I mean the blue and white chateau looking castle with a moat, next to those 3 blobs of purple flowers (I think)- Dark type might be wishful thinking, but I imagine a dingy, dark Gym inside, with a slightly crazy leader that has all the curtains shut and collects gory weapons in their room. Could be Ghost, but a Dark type Gym is a long time coming!

I put the Fairy Gym there, because of the Stonehenge like formation near there, which is supposed to be a type of calender related to druids I think?? Which would relate nicely to Fairy, as it would be related to the mysteries of nature etc. I'm not sure if those stones are a Graveyard, someone said it was this other thingy I can't remember.

For some reason that purple stone makes me think of Psychic- even though I am a strong advocate of Fairy (as many people have probably seen :P) Though it being a feature for Fairy type certainly makes sense too :P Though I think there might be some kind of unseen (covered by the tree canopies in the map) Fairy type plot based location in one of the various forested areas of the region (what if it could actually change location, appearing in different woodland parts at different times! :O)

I've also thought about the Elite 4 in that castle nestled in mountains (has to be the E4 facility! The other thing on the far left looks like a kind of battle facility) but it could be the other way round. Though yeah, Elite four:

1st: Rock, located in a kind of basement of the castle full of relics; a big buff bara type guy that is an archaeologist
    2nd: Poison, in an old fashioned laboratory a floor up; a female scientist that concocts potions and stuff
    3rd: Normal, a male ballet dancer in a ballroom
    4th: Flying, a female sky pilot that is in one of the towers,
    Champion: mixed, but with say, 3 Ghosts (Alder had 3 Bugs =P). A mysterious woman in the highest tower of the castle. She is associated with the Tarot (IIRC, the tarot has a strong history and association with/in France- or it might be Italy, or both, I can't remember) and mentions the battle as being fated (she refers to tarot cards in her speech- before the battle, the tower is struck with lightning [the card 'the Tower' often depicts a tower or obelisk struck by lightning' :P) I LOVE TAROT!

The red topped building does look the Elite 4 building yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think if you can get hold of Fighting, Fire and Ground pokemon early via say, the desert- then Steel wouldn't be that bad- if anything because it is rubbish offensively, it shouldn't be too hard.
    Last edited by storm12; 20th May 2013 at 7:05 PM.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

What if it was a grass/bug gym that wanted to make a recreational parks within the city for Grass/Bug Pokemon which would be the the circular spots on the insides of the city.
    That is cool, but I doubt it if GF will make dual typed gyms...
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)

And what type would you call Blue's gym? I think its very possible, since the bug gym in black and white might be a step toward this since some of those Pokemon had the dual typing

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot about Fletchling having Flame Charge :P yeah, an early Steel gym could easily work- bring it on

I forgot to comment on that weird, isolated building with what looks like a pool above- I hope it isn't a Water type Gym- I purposely avoided a Water or Electric gym (I would have said Ice too, but it seems inevitable from the snowy areas really). Maybe it is some kind of spa? Could be somewhere to raise happiness and what not. The white and blue building next to it reminds me of Greek architecture.

Hmm, I kind of forgot about the Lighthouse looking place. It looks like a small town. Maybe no gym? Or it is the place you can get ferries to that secluded island (home to a Legendary?)

And what type would you call Blue's gym? I think its very possible, since the bug gym in black and white might be a step toward this since some of those Pokemon had the dual typing

Technically Blue was still handing out the Earth badge [which depicts a leaf, I've never understood that, other than it being one of the colours for the rainbow badge =S ] so it was a still a Ground Gym, but he just decided to do his own thing :P
    Last edited by storm12; 20th May 2013 at 7:02 PM.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Oh yeah I forgot about Fletchling having Flame Charge :P yeah, an early Steel gym could easily work- bring it on

I forgot to comment on that weird, isolated building with what looks like a pool above- I hope it isn't a Water type Gym- I purposely avoided a Water or Electric gym (I would have said Ice too, but it seems inevitable from the snowy areas really). Maybe it is some kind of spa? Could be somewhere to raise happiness and what not. The white and blue building next to it reminds me of Greek architecture.

Hmm, I kind of forgot about the Lighthouse looking place. It looks like a small town. Maybe no gym? Or it is the place you can get ferries to that secluded island (home to a Legendary?)
    I really don't see us getting no water gyms....

I also don't see anything near the coast that looks like a port for a ferry service from the map we've got so far.
    Last edited by EliJolesy; 20th May 2013 at 7:07 PM.

I really don't see us getting no water gyms....

I also don't see anything near the coast that looks like a port for a ferry service
    WATER type experts are so Blah =P I can only hope there isn't, but like you said...

The one above the desert, with what looks like a lighthouse. There could be some tiny boats docked there

Unless there was double battle dual typed Gimmick gym. They did do Cilan/Chili/Cress... so it could happen
    Last edited by storm12; 20th May 2013 at 7:18 PM. Reason: I put gym instead of water :P
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Unless there was dual type Gimmick gym. They did do Cilan/Chili/Cress... so it could happen
    This is what really interested me. In the past, all the gyms were single type and only three switched leaders (Giovanni and Blue, Koga and Janice, Wallace and Juan) which doesn't really count.

The trio's gym was interesting because there were options based on your starter. If GameFreak could shift the gyms around based on our chosen starter that'd be cool. Either that or based on different versions but the E4 would be the same.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

It kinda looks like we can't get away with. Like Gamefreak could resist a water gym when we have a coast or a ice gym when we have a snowy area.
    Unfortunately. And if my theory about the storyline path is correct, the timing won't be any different either. Seriously Game Freak, enough with the repetitive gym and Elite 4 typings. I'm sick of 1st gym Rock type gym leaders. I'm sick of early game Normal and Bug type gym leaders. I'm sick of 3rd or 4th gym Electric type gym leaders. I'm sick of 7th gym Ice type gym leaders. I'm sick of 7th or 8th gym Dragon type gym leaders. I'm sick of Water type gym leaders period. I'm sick of every Elite 4 using either Ice, Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, or Dragon types. It seems like every Pokemon game follows this structure, and it's getting rather tiresome. Show some goddamn originality for once. Make a 1st gym that isn't Normal or Rock. Make a final gym that isn't Water or Dragon. Make a Dark type gym. Use Normal, Grass, Electric, Rock, or Flying types for the Elite 4. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 164 of 314 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast