Page 17 of 314 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Seems like a plausible idea. Would love seeing that! Imagine a battle tower or something, but instead of a tower it could be the Big Ben!
    That would work so well by building off the Nimbasa Ferris Wheel. The ferris wheel in Nimbasa was kind of disappointing if you ask me, considering you could only battle one trainer who was really weak once you had a fully trained team. But having a ferris wheel where you're in one of the seats and a new trainer gets on your seat with you every time you battle would fit perfectly with how the Battle Tower works!
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Maybe THIS region is where Fantina is from! O.o
    Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Yes, since the volcano is a crucial geographical element for Sootopolis. However, maybe the city laying on a bed of sand instead of on water would be better.

Don't crush my dreams yet.
    Undella Town comes to mind though. Or maybe this city lies on the indentation of a mountain, requiring the protagonist to use Rock Climb to access.

i think this region should have different types of geography and have a lot more diversity than Hoenn. If the structure the protagonist swings on vines turns out to be a Gym of a city, then I think its city should involve using Cut to enter. If that structure just happens to be a pathway to a city or town, then that would be really interesting even though it's highly not possible.

Unova didn't bring much geographical surprises IMO, so I hope this region holds a lot of diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Entire regions as DLC? No, that's too much. If we do get DLC, it'll probably be roughly the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone.
    Ok then how about the sevii islands or even a hoenn region after a volcanic eruption where areas have been closed in certral hoenn. It could re introduce team aqua and magma with different goals and one team assigned to a certain game (eg x to aqua etc) just small things would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I'm a little confused about something.

So the first four regions were implied (or at least assumed by the fandom) to be in the same country, aka a fictional Japan, yes? And because they kept referring to the 'faraway' region of Unova, I always assumed it was set in a whole different country aka fictional usa. So, um, are we now travelling to fictional europe for this new region? It just looks so much more westernised than the first 4 generations, much more like Unova.

While on the one hand it is fun to have all these different cultures brought into pokemon aesthetically, it also seems a little sad to detract from its Japanese roots. Johto was probably my favourite region (from a visual perspective at least) because it was so darn Japanese, particularly Ecruteak City with its kimono girls, and all the ancient towers and ruins. Does anyone else miss that?
    That's because that was Generation II's theme/motif

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_II
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Now all I want to see is a Fantina cameo. She could be in her home in a large city and speak about her time as a gym leader (If these games are set after Black 2 and White 2, which would make them the latest in the chronology.) as a throwback.

And obviously seeming the routes go back to 1 again, the region will be set in a different "continent" to Unova and the rest. Maybe somewhere in between? After all, despite the regions being based on different countries, it doesn't mean the regions are actually placed in the same place as said countries!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

So this could just be me over-analyzing but does anyone else think that this game will have a "Global" theme? I was wondering why they pressed for a worldwide release (not that I am complaining) as opposed to the usual "Japan gets it early and the rest of the world gets to be jealous" policy, and then I noticed that Pikachu is standing on a very Eifle Tower like building in the first part of the trailer. Normally the Eifle Tower would point to a France theme, but look at how the electricity is launched across the whole world. Even more significant is the shocking diversity of the landscapes they've shown us, I really think that this game is going to have a much larger playing area for us to explore.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/15wf4at.jpg[/IMG]
    -Thanks Brutaka for the amazing banner!-

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCaptain View Post
    So this could just be me over-analyzing but does anyone else think that this game will have a "Global" theme? I was wondering why they pressed for a worldwide release (not that I am complaining) as opposed to the usual "Japan gets it early and the rest of the world gets to be jealous" policy, and then I noticed that Pikachu is standing on a very Eifle Tower like building in the first part of the trailer. Normally the Eifle Tower would point to a France theme, but look at how the electricity is launched across the whole world. Even more significant is the shocking diversity of the landscapes they've shown us, I really think that this game is going to have a much larger playing area for us to explore.
    Huh. That is pretty interesting. I'm not sure about the execution of it, but I would approve of it having a global theme. That can even open up cameos for old characters, which I want to see in 3D.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

i'm going to guess that the region is based off of Paris, France. Mostly because of the Eiffel Tower and France-Like streets. I even created a model of the region map that is based off of Paris.
    pkmn_gen_XI_region.jpg
    I call it the "Parance" Region. (Paris+France)
        Spoiler:- My Friend Codes:

I'm one long-lost player. It's been at least a year since my last post...
    This is awkward...

Pokemon X & Y!!! Can't wait! It is released around my B-Day, so I'm even more excited!
        Spoiler:- Pokemon X & Y Pics:

Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    Ok then how about the sevii islands or even a hoenn region after a volcanic eruption where areas have been closed in certral hoenn. It could re introduce team aqua and magma with different goals and one team assigned to a certain game (eg x to aqua etc) just small things would be nice
    I don't think there's much of a reason to include snippets of other regions in this game. I think a better idea would be to keep the idea of remaking the regions in 3D in their back pocket until it would be a good idea to do so, that way we can get the full experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I hope they don't base the whole game on france, just one city from one european capital, it'd be really cool :O
    <--- My Tumblr ♥ ~ (Thanks Mega Weavile)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    A Zinedine Zidane Pokemon would be awesome, although his only known move will probably be headbutt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Icing Sugar View Post
    I hope they don't base the whole game on france, just one city from one european capital, it'd be really cool :O
    well, Unova was based off of New York City...
        Spoiler:- My Friend Codes:

I'm one long-lost player. It's been at least a year since my last post...
    This is awkward...

Pokemon X & Y!!! Can't wait! It is released around my B-Day, so I'm even more excited!
        Spoiler:- Pokemon X & Y Pics:

If the game is based off of France, anybody else find it weird that they just brought out the Swords of Justice in Gen V based on the French story of the Three Musketeers?
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    If the game is based off of France, anybody else find it weird that they just brought out the Swords of Justice in Gen V based on the French story of the Three Musketeers?
    I could see them appearing, yeah. Possibly even in the regional dex, but that'd be a bit of a stretch.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I hope this region has many different "Biomes" like a snowy area of a region, foresty, mountainous, desert, tropical etc...

Also, please GAMEFREAK, please, more water routes. Make us HAVE to go on them, I don't want any optional ones,.

As I said before, I want everywhere to have purpose, gym or not. Even with cities/towns that have a gym, there needs to be something for post-game.

Also, we've had mutiple regions based on Japan, one on the US (new york), now on Europe (probably france), Canadas next lol

I hope a part of the region where it features the Alps~ that would make a beautiful game!

Quote Originally Posted by KingOmega View Post
    Well not entirely. Where in New York is there a dessert or a volcano for that matter?

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Well not entirely. Where in New York is there a dessert or a volcano for that matter?
    I though it was just the whole us but with major new york influence (castelia, the bridges, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by AyameTori View Post
    I hope a part of the region where it features the Alps~ that would make a beautiful game!
    I think it's safe to say that whatever snowy area they decide to put in this game probably will resemble the Alps. Which would be awesome, the Alps are a bit more forested IIRC, and I don't think we've ever had a snowy forest in the games yet.

Guys, Fantina's from an English speaking country in the Japanese games. The fact that the region's based on France is no evidence towards her making an appearance.

Just something I've been noticing going around.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    The layout of Unova is the layout of the NYC 'districts' no one ever said that it was exactly New York?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    The layout of Unova is the layout of the NYC 'districts' no one ever said that it was exactly New York?
    I know. That's why I said "not entirely". The layout, Castelia City and some of the forests is based on New York City but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOmega View Post
    Well, technically, Driftveil City, Virbank City, Mistralton, Icirius City, Floccsey Town, & Aspertia City were based in the New Jersey area
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

So the cities and towns of Unova were named after clouds.

Will the cities and towns of this region be named after bread, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Slakoth line in shaking grass.

What about cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Why bread of all things?

Page 17 of 314 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast