Page 19 of 314 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #451
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So the cities and towns of Unova were named after clouds.

    Will the cities and towns of this region be named after bread, I wonder?
    If there's a theme.

    Kanto had colors, Johto had plants, Unova had clouds.

    Hoenn and Sinnoh didn't have any specific theme.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver_8 View Post
    You know that desert observatory in the trailer? Well I personally wasn't sure what that could be, and it made me think that this might not be based off of France. Than while I was on another site it was brought up that the observatory looked like it was based off of the French observatory on the mountain Pic du Midi de Bigorre. Do you think this could be the explanation for the desert observatory? After looking up images I noticed they did look a bit similar.
    Good catch. They do look very similar.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    884

    Default

    I kind of hope that they use like The UK/that little island of the coast of france as like a place for contests/musicals/movies/pokeathlon/battle fronteir thing

    ~

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NO $aints View Post
    I agree with it being in France or a european area. But heres a thought couldnt it be western U.S. too cause in cali isnt there a minature eiffel tower?? And the desert area could be the grand canyon since it looks like a canyon. Just a thought. Really excited about these games glad they are coming out so soon.
    But the surrounding buildings in-game look nothing like Las Vegas. The buildings are very French in terms of architecture, while an in-game city based on Las Vegas would have flashy, glamorous buildings. It makes more logical sense for it to be based on Paris rather than Las Vegas.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    But the surrounding buildings in-game look nothing like Las Vegas. The buildings are very French in terms of architecture, while an in-game city based on Las Vegas would have flashy, glamorous buildings. It makes more logical sense for it to be based on Paris rather than Las Vegas.
    How did you get Las Vegas from what NO $aints said?
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    What do yall think --> Click <--
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    How did you get Las Vegas from what NO $aints said?
    Because there is an Eiffel Tower replica in Las Vegas, and Las Vegas happens to be in West USA. I meant to say "western USA", though my point still stands.

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    What do yall think --> Click <--
    I don't see how this is related to the topic. Maybe you accidentally posted here?
    Last edited by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη; 10th January 2013 at 3:34 AM.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    I don't see how this is related to the topic. Maybe you accidentally posted here?
    No maybe you shouldn't Double Post.. and they are possible (more than likely not) the final evo's of the starters.. you know the same native to the REGION?
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    No maybe you shouldn't Double Post..
    ... Look at my last post. What's with the attitude? I know what I am doing, thank you very much.

    and they are possible (more than likely not) the final evo's of the starters.. you know the same native to the REGION?
    Well, I believe that that topic is best suited in the Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    Because there is an Eiffel Tower replica in Las Vegas, and Las Vegas happens to be in West USA. I meant to say "western USA", though my point still stands.
    I don't think the Eiffel Tower replica is the most distinctive landmark in Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    ... Look at my last post. What's with the attitude? I know what I am doing, thank you very much.
    Yay you can edit, here take a cookie (::)

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    Well, I believe that that topic is best suited in the Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread.
    Ehh I posted on there also, but I wanted to post on here so deal with it :)
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't think the Eiffel Tower replica is the most distinctive landmark in Vegas.
    Never said it was nor was that my argument.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Ok, so I saw this interesting theory, what do you think?

    http://cheezburger.com/6957972736
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Putting boobs on the ground
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    Never said it was nor was that my argument.
    Let's put it this way:

    When you think Las Vegas, is "Eiffel Tower replica" one of the first things to pop into your brain?

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    Ok, so I saw this interesting theory, what do you think?

    http://cheezburger.com/6957972736
    It would be an understatement to say that the person who came up with this supposed theory overanalyzed a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Let's put it this way:

    When you think Las Vegas, is "Eiffel Tower replica" one of the first things to pop into your brain?
    Well, I frequently go there, so of course it would pop up in my mind. That doesn't mean I think it is the most distinctive landmark.
    Last edited by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη; 10th January 2013 at 3:56 AM.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    Ok, so I saw this interesting theory, what do you think?

    http://cheezburger.com/6957972736
    Naw, over analysed IMO, could just be a new symbol and the DNA Wedge was exclusive for B/W Kyurem, I find it hard to believe we will travel to Unova
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Naw, over analysed IMO, could just be a new symbol and the DNA Wedge was exclusive for B/W Kyurem, I find it hard to believe we will travel to Unova
    Just discussing the likelihood of returning to Unova it isn't too odd a concept. In BW2 we visited the world entirely remodeled, there's no saying it wouldn't happen again although i doubt it. The symbol however may indicate that the new region is linked to Unova like Kanto and Johto, also another bit of weak evidence Unova was based on America and this new region seems to be based on France and both countries mentioned are linked by their statues of liberty, very obscure and highly unlikely however.
    ORAS? I'm excited

    Indieformer

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States (PST) [GMT -8]
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I doubt they will use the Unova region for the new games, but you are right, Stymie. It wouldn't be surprising to see Unova again, especially if they happen to make a region that is connected to Unova.
    Formerly known as Azure_Gallade

    Black 2 FC: 0562 4633 3655

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    The gym with the stars does look like it's in a night club, and that makes me think of Roxie. So who knows?
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  19. #469
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    Ok, so I saw this interesting theory, what do you think?

    http://cheezburger.com/6957972736
    I think the reason we see Unova stuff here is maybe coz GF hasnt designed the whole region yet, so, they just used unova stuff as placeholders.

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphoticVoid View Post
    I doubt they will use the Unova region for the new games, but you are right, Stymie. It wouldn't be surprising to see Unova again, especially if they happen to make a region that is connected to Unova.
    I don't think this region will be connected to Unova, because the routes restart. I would've like to a region connected to Unova, especially since the map has a lot of wasted space to the north, east and west, because it seemed like a giant landmass

  21. #471
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    Ok, so I saw this interesting theory, what do you think?

    http://cheezburger.com/6957972736
    It's new to Unova. Obviously it's not present in previous games.
    That Gym symbol is just probably the new standard League emblem and the new replacement for those Rhydon statues.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  22. #472
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Does anyone expect any post game regions, maybe a return to Hoen or Sinoh?

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    I don't think this region will be connected to Unova, because the routes restart. I would've like to a region connected to Unova, especially since the map has a lot of wasted space to the north, east and west, because it seemed like a giant landmass
    I disagree, i believe they started afresh with the numbered route system in Unova as it made navigation confusing with big numbers. I think they were trying to do this already by restarting from the next century after Johto so it read 101,102. You could argue thta Johto's route numbers were a continuation of Kanto's due to their close proximity.
    ORAS? I'm excited

    Indieformer

  24. #474
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio66 View Post
    Does anyone expect any post game regions, maybe a return to Hoen or Sinoh?
    If ever we're going to return. That would be in the remakes. Not in this game.
    Although I expect post-game areas. Like a Battle Frontier on an island.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  25. #475
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I remember reading on Pokejungle that an interview with Masuda confirmed that X and Y story will deal with a global crisis.

    What I'm wondering is what kind of global crisis are we talking about? I realize Pokemon from all gens are going to appear in the game, so is this region going to be connected to the others in some way? Will past characters re-appear to help deal with the crisis?

    Will this global crisis have to deal with Rattata's name dysfunction? Only time will tell
    Look at the preview,when Pikachu uses Thunderbolt he is standing on the Eiffel Tower Structure and the Unova region looks like it is south west of it so it could be possible that it is in the middle of Kanto,Johto,Hoenn & Sinnoh and Unova?

Page 19 of 314 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •