Page 20 of 314 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Look at the preview,when Pikachu uses Thunderbolt he is standing on the Eiffel Tower Structure and the Unova region looks like it is south west of it so it could be possible that it is in the middle of Kanto,Johto,Hoenn & Sinnoh and Unova?
    Uhh... you realize that that's Europe, Africa, Middle East and Russia, right?

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Unova was confirmed to be New York, and as speculated for very good reasons the new region is based in Europe. Unless by plane or boat, I don't see the two being connected at all. Johto and Kanto were connected because the regions they were based on were also connected.

Plus the theory seems way to looked into, seeing as they were just used as statues and nothing more.

Also, I doubt GF would put emphasis and give a main plot point to a previous Pokemon and center its theme around one.
    #BuyUltraviolance

From the look of the Eiffel tower, I assumed it would have a modern European theme to it ?

I kind of miss the days they based region off Japanese islands though ....

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    It's new to Unova. Obviously it's not present in previous games.
    That Gym symbol is just probably the new standard League emblem and the new replacement for those Rhydon statues.
    Rhydon statues weren't put on gym building.

but I get what you're saying, but I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Unova related happens, especially the DNA stuff and their Legendaries.

I would like to see some other aspects of Europe within the gme rather then just on France. I hope its a nice large European based region as UK/Spain/France/Other European countries have different habitats which could be incorparated in the game.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Quote Originally Posted by Zero38 View Post
    Rhydon statues weren't put on gym building.
    Yes they were, from Generation I all the way to IV.

My only wish is that they don't make the region as linear as Unova, especially in BW. A design like Kanto or Sinnoh would be more interesting and have that more "open" feel.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

So... France. I'm guessing The Alps would fulfil the need for an Icey area? The south of France could be the generic beach area? And I'd like to see a couple of water routes that lead to an island based on the UK. Perhaps with a couple of cities - a grand London like one, and then perhaps a grand industrialised city based on the North? *shrugs* Just a few ideas.
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    Yes they were, from Generation I all the way to IV.

My only wish is that they don't make the region as linear as Unova, especially in BW. A design like Kanto or Sinnoh would be more interesting and have that more "open" feel.
    You didn't get what I'm saying, i mean like the bug gym in Unova but from the outside, nvm i have nothing special to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Elementman-Novapoke View Post
    So... France. I'm guessing The Alps would fulfil the need for an Icey area? The south of France could be the generic beach area? And I'd like to see a couple of water routes that lead to an island based on the UK. Perhaps with a couple of cities - a grand London like one, and then perhaps a grand industrialised city based on the North? *shrugs* Just a few ideas.
    I guess... If Europe is the theme.

If it is, I demand Netherlands. :P new RageCandyBar=Salty Licorice

If France is just the theme, then some of the 8 gym cities would be based Paris (as we already know), Marseille or Nice (which are southern coastal cities and in the Provence region), Canne (on the French Riviera and has the film festival) and a mountain city either based on the alps (Southwest France) or Pyrenees (Southeast France).

Thats only Four, so a city based on the region of Brittany (In the North) would be great and could act as the place to get to an island based on the UK (as someone else suggested) and Ireland. The three gym cities would be based on London, Liverpool (industrial) and either Dublin or a verdant Irish village.

I think that you will encounter the Alps a bit in the games,it would be awesome if the Alps served as the Victory Road!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementman-Novapoke View Post
    I think Normandy will probably be the main coastal area. And yeah, the Alps probably will make an appearance as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I think the region may be more based on Europe as a whole (the scene with the tower things in the desert, with the cliffs, resembles the steppes in Spain).

Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    I think the region may be more based on Europe as a whole (the scene with the tower things in the desert, with the cliffs, resembles the steppes in Spain).
    Those are based off of an observatory in the south of France or something. Someone earlier posted a picture of it but it looked quite similar to what we saw in the trailer.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Yeah, that was it. It was a shame GF took the spectacular cliffs and mountains out of that section of the game though but it's nice to see some real-life comparisons this early in the cycle.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Hmm... if they are basing the region off of France then I am betting that they go with a Celtic theme for many of the legendaries in it. Yes, it is slightly off of topic to say that, but it had to be said (plus the name of Xerneas fits the theory )

I'm pretty sure this region is based on France. It came to mind that Junichi Masuda just got back from a visit from Paris. Maybe he's getting a look at the scenery to enhance designs and such haha.

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

This looks like it will be strongly based on Europe, specifically France. That Eiffel Tower-like structure in the trailer gave it away.

Sounds like it's gonna be pretty nice, the change of geographical region in Unova was a welcome change. It's nice to see that Pokemon is "getting international", meaning, having their regions based on places other than Japan.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

All right, so I was talking about the linearity issue on another forum. If you look at the games nowadays, you'll notice that they're constantly pointing out to you where you're supposed to be going, so the idea of having a linear region is kind of redundant in that regard. So I was thinking, what if they could take advantage of this to help less skilled players? On that note, I have an idea that could solve this linearity issue once and for all. What if they had some kind of Key Item like the Fame Checker that records conversations relevant to the storyline? Then whenever you get stuck, you could use it and it would give you a hint as to where to go next? For instance, if it were in BW2, it could record your conversation with Professor Juniper about her wanting you to talk to Drayden in Opelucid City. From there, all it would take is a quick look at the map to figure out how to get to Opelucid City and then you know exactly where you need to go. They could also do the same thing with sidequests, although hints toward sidequests would be in a separate section since they're not important towards the storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    All right, so I was talking about the linearity issue on another forum. If you look at the games nowadays, you'll notice that they're constantly pointing out to you where you're supposed to be going, so the idea of having a linear region is kind of redundant in that regard. So I was thinking, what if they could take advantage of this to help less skilled players? On that note, I have an idea that could solve this linearity issue once and for all. What if they had some kind of Key Item like the Fame Checker that records conversations relevant to the storyline? Then whenever you get stuck, you could use it and it would give you a hint as to where to go next? For instance, if it were in BW2, it could record your conversation with Professor Juniper about her wanting you to talk to Drayden in Opelucid City. From there, all it would take is a quick look at the map to figure out how to get to Opelucid City and then you know exactly where you need to go. They could also do the same thing with sidequests, although hints toward sidequests would be in a separate section since they're not important towards the storyline.
    Well, that or they could simply put a marker on the map always highlighting where you're supposed to go next.

It's so simple, they don't need to make a painfully linear region to prevent people from getting lost.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, that or they could simply put a marker on the map always highlighting where you're supposed to go next.

It's so simple, they don't need to make a painfully linear region to prevent people from getting lost.
    Or maybe you could call someone on your pokegear, or whatever variant of that we have this generation, that hints you on where to go next like the professor's assistant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Seeing as the region is foreign: I believe it will have similar gameplay aesthetics as Black & White did (Meaning no national pokemon).
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    Seeing as the region is foreign: I believe it will have similar gameplay aesthetics as Black & White did (Meaning no national pokemon).
    The trailer showcased a lot of old Pokémon in battle already. They're probably in.

They were excluded from Unova because GF was going for a "fresh new beginning for everybody" theme, making all the Pokémon in the Dex completely new for old players and newcomers alike — and that theme is over, as B2W2 made clear.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Not quite sure were to talk about this. But do you guys think they will ever remake ruby & sapphire?
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE HERE I COME !

Page 20 of 314 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast