Page 21 of 314 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Oh, you mean a quest log? Yeah, I could definitely see that. Maybe make it like the DPPt Journal, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Or maybe you could call someone on your pokegear, or whatever variant of that we have this generation, that hints you on where to go next like the professor's assistant.
    That seems to be a good idea to me. Speaking of which, maybe they should reintroduce the Journal, so that when players pick up the game after a long time they still know what they were doing right before they stopped playing, meaning that they're not completely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Oh, you mean a quest log? Yeah, I could definitely see that. Maybe make it like the DPPt Journal, in a way.
    I was thinking more along the lines of an objective system, but a quest log might work. It'd have to have more than just "caught X Pokemon" or something like that, though, they'd have to include storyline related things in it as well, otherwise it wouldn't help get the player on the right track.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I have actually been thinking, seeing this game is going to be a world wide deal. What if, and this "what if" this game goes across the entire pokemon world scale. Each region is separated by the sea that you either take by ship, pokemon, or plane to get across.

Area's I think that will be available to go to, Great Britain, France, Moscow, Washington D.C, Tokyo, and finally Australia.

Elite Four of the world would be based in the Bermuda Triangle.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendNorris View Post
    I have actually been thinking, seeing this game is going to be a world wide deal.
    Since when does taking inspiration from France mean that the game will feature locations from all over the world?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Since when does taking inspiration from France mean that the game will feature locations from all over the world?
    I have to agree with you there. Unova took it's inspiration from the U.S (New York) and made an entire region ou of it. I can't see this region alone featuring the rest of the world!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    I have to agree with you there. Unova took it's inspiration from the U.S (New York) and made an entire region ou of it. I can't see this region alone featuring the rest of the world!
    Nor it should, it would be blatantly wasting potential that could be used for many, many other regions.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Nor it should, it would be blatantly wasting potential that could be used for many, many other regions.
    Other regions shouldn't be used right now. However, I'm thinking that the desert region in the trailer may be trying to resemble the Sahara Desert.

So what if the region consisted of a city that is like France at the northernmost part of the region and from there, the region holds cities based off of countries tracking south towards the Sahara?
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Seconded. Pokemon regions usually take place in very relatively small spaces. The largest region they've used was Sinnoh, based off the Japanese island Hokkaido which at 32,000 sq. miles is about the size of Scotland. I doubt they'll even include all of France as it's almost 9 times bigger than any region they've done before, let alone other European countries or north Africa.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 10th January 2013 at 9:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I would love to see the Alps incorperated into the games, but even more so I want to see a massive abandoned castle. I know we had N's little hangout but it was far too linear, we need a sprawling ivy coverd stone ruin nestled into the side of a snowcapped mountain surrounded by vibrant pine trees with a foggy crystal blue lake in the background. I will settle for no less.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/15wf4at.jpg[/IMG]
    -Thanks Brutaka for the amazing banner!-

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCaptain View Post
    I would love to see the Alps incorperated into the games, but even more so I want to see a massive abandoned castle. I know we had N's little hangout but it was far too linear, we need a sprawling ivy coverd stone ruin nestled into the side of a snowcapped mountain surrounded by vibrant pine trees with a foggy crystal blue lake in the background. I will settle for no less.
    Hm, that would be nice. It could fit in with European Gothic literature (though I'm not sure whether France itself was involved in any of this). Even better, it could just be sitting there... away from all traces of civilisation... no backstory... no legacy... no people... nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Hm, that would be nice. It could fit in with European Gothic literature (though I'm not sure whether France itself was involved in any of this). Even better, it could just be sitting there... away from all traces of civilisation... no backstory... no legacy... no people... nothing.
    If I had any practical way to do so I would give you a MASSIVE cookie right now, it might just be me and my over-developed sense of adventure but the is something really captivating and archaic about old castles. I think it would really fit the mystical and exciting feeling pokemon tries to capture. Also I do know for a fact that France does have some old stone castles lying around.
    Last edited by ChaosCaptain; 10th January 2013 at 10:40 PM.

I've been to paris. The thing that ruins it from being pretty is not the sites, tis the smell...theres always smoke in the air in those condensed cities. Honestly, Paris is way to compact. lol Its only the architecture that is really really really pretty.

Best thing of about a pokemon game based off of it? No rude people, no bad smells, and they can weave it how they please. Which means all of the cons to paris just go out the window. <3 XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of an objective system, but a quest log might work. It'd have to have more than just "caught X Pokemon" or something like that, though, they'd have to include storyline related things in it as well, otherwise it wouldn't help get the player on the right track.
    Yeah, just include important dialogue under each day, and don't delete days from the Journal until that objective is accomplished (or include something on each day that the objective is undone like "remember to investigate the mysterious ruins off Route 98" or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Seconded. Pokemon regions usually take place in very relatively small spaces. The largest region they've used was Sinnoh, based off the Japanese island Hokkaido which at 32,000 sq. miles is about the size of Scotland. I doubt they'll even include all of France as it's almost 9 times bigger than any region they've done before, let alone other European countries or north Africa.
    Yep, the region is actually more likely to be something like that:

Has there been any discussion of the town we can see in the route 3 clip? (The first one after the mirror clip with the male character on a route. It contains a blue sign with the number 3 on it.) There's a large red building that looks like it could be a Pokemon Center or something. It has a pretty interesting design. I wonder if they'll still be identical this time around.
    Last edited by GravityStorm; 10th January 2013 at 11:07 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by treuko View Post

Looks like a good place.
    I hope they have that northern region at the top (sorry, I'm not very good in geography for other countries), it'll give good Surf routes.
    Tbh we haven't even gotten a really good place to Surf since Hoenn.

@Above: Route 3 clip?
    EDIT: Oh, I see it now, the sign with the 3. Looks like they're done continuing with Route numbers with each region (also going with my theory that this will be far from Hoenn/Johto/Kanto/Sinnoh).
    It's tough to say though. If it is a Pokemon Center, it looks like it has 2 doors, one for the center, one for the mart.
    Last edited by Luxvan; 10th January 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I'd be a bit disappointed if the region was that... Not small, that's not the word I'm looking for, but... undiverse? Since the GBA days, we've had something Desert-y in Hoenn, Snowy in Sinnoh, and both in Unova (I think? I played Gen V the least...). If the region were to be based on an area as condensed as that (and I'm not bashing your idea, by the way) then I'd imagine we'd get cities, towns, and a few beaches? I dunno, I don't see the problem of going for the whole of France, as long as we get as much diversity from it as possible. In fact, I'd love to see a Vineyard in somewhere! Perhaps this region's berry-related thing is... WINE?!

And, on a slight tangent, since Paris has been said to be a bit smelly and overly industrialised and whatnot, I'd love to see a sewer works at some point. Would be a great breeding ground for Poison, Dark, Bug, Grass and Ghost types I reckon!
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    EDIT: Oh, I see it now, the sign with the 3. Looks like they're done continuing with Route numbers with each region (also going with my theory that this will be far from Hoenn/Johto/Kanto/Sinnoh).
    It's tough to say though. If it is a Pokemon Center, it looks like it has 2 doors, one for the center, one for the mart.
    Yeah, though I don't see the problem in just continuing the route numbers. I wouldn't mind a combined pokecenter and mart again. It makes shopping much more convenient.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by Elementman-Novapoke View Post
    I'd be a bit disappointed if the region was that... Not small, that's not the word I'm looking for, but... undiverse? Since the GBA days, we've had something Desert-y in Hoenn, Snowy in Sinnoh, and both in Unova (I think? I played Gen V the least...). If the region were to be based on an area as condensed as that (and I'm not bashing your idea, by the way) then I'd imagine we'd get cities, towns, and a few beaches? I dunno, I don't see the problem of going for the whole of France, as long as we get as much diversity from it as possible. In fact, I'd love to see a Vineyard in somewhere! Perhaps this region's berry-related thing is... WINE?!

Dude, is there a desert in N-Y?
    Is there a desert in the japanese region Hoenn is based after?
    No, these landmarks are created by devs and not based on real places.
    It will be the same this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    X and Y isn't supposed to be a whole reboot in the way Black and White were. I think this region will still be relatively close to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

That map got me thinking... Paris is more than confirmed. I can see GF adding the Cote D'Azur in a Undella style, a mountainous area with cities surrounding it inspired by the area revolving Lyon, St. Etienne and such. Finally, a more Nature focused area with Bordeaux's vineyards and green landscapes...

God, it's still January and I am already daydreaming about this too much.
    Proud Gym Leader of Celestic Town's Gym and guardian of the Celestic Ruins.

FC: 2809 - 7727 - 0328

Quote Originally Posted by claudicado View Post
    That map got me thinking... Paris is more than confirmed. I can see GF adding the Cote D'Azur in a Undella style, a mountainous area with cities surrounding it inspired by the area revolving Lyon, St. Etienne and such. Finally, a more Nature focused area with Bordeaux's vineyards and green landscapes...

God, it's still January and I am already daydreaming about this too much.

As long as I get my aforementioned castle I would LOVE this.

I'd be surprised if that small(ish) region of France will be the inspiration for the whole region. Given the trend towards climate diversity (Hoenn tropical, Sinnoh cool, Unova varied), I think we may see more of a wider net cast.

Personally I would love to see game specific areas. Perhaps a jungle/forest group of three or four cities and towns in X, three or four locales in a mountainous/plains/snowy region in Y. Exclusive pokemon in each.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 10th January 2013 at 11:38 PM.

So awesome that this region appears to be based on Europe! I can see the city with the Eiffel Tower being the main and biggest city. Speaking of that tower, wonder what it's gonna be called, and if it's gonna have any purpose. I can see it being a Battle Tower or something. Or the gym! And I can see it being called <region name> Tower or <city name> Tower. Also hope they have the Arc de Triumphe (Or Arc de Pokémon or Arc de <region name/city name>). I don't think the Arc de Pokémon would serve any real purpose besides just being there and looking awesome!
    Last edited by SuperPichu; 11th January 2013 at 12:59 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 21 of 314 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast