Page 218 of 314 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

I just saw the footage from Masuda and I was disappointed that he didn't mention making areas in Kalos referencing to Marseilles. It could be the beach town or Port town of Kalos if he did make an area based on it.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

After looking at some of the areas that Mr. Masuda mentioned in the video, here are a few theories that I thought of:

The castle building across from Santalune City is based on the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvičre from Lyon
    The building with the clock tower/tree thing is based on Reims
    Vanville Town is based on Čze
    The building right above it is either based on Versailles Palace or the chateau of the loire valley

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit View Post
    I just saw the footage from Masuda and I was disappointed that he didn't mention making areas in Kalos referencing to Marseilles. It could be the beach town or Port town of Kalos if he did make an area based on it.
    Masuda himself stated that the region is not completely based on France. So let's not expect much.
    Besides, we have a port on the north, and a beach area on the west.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit View Post
    He stated he visited Marseilles though. But judging by the map, there isn't a city that can possibly be there(if Vaniville is indeed Čze like Mr. Munchlax said) especially since the end of the Kalos is mountainous(and so is the location where Marseilles should be), not a shore.

Or perhaps Kalos is really France cut in half and Marseilles is for the next installment... in which case Vaniville Town must be elsewhere as Carnac is pretty dead on.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    He stated he visited Marseilles though. But judging by the map, there isn't a city that can possibly be there(if Vaniville is indeed Čze like Mr. Munchlax said) especially since the end of the Kalos is mountainous(and so is the location where Marseilles should be), not a shore.

Or perhaps Kalos is really France cut in half and Marseilles is for the next installment... in which case Vaniville Town must be elsewhere as Carnac is pretty dead on.
    That would be pretty EPIC, but I can't see it...but I hope you are right.
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

But Kalos is pretty much the same shape as all of France, not just the top part of it. GF wouldn't be able to fit every single major city from France into this game.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    After looking at some of the areas that Mr. Masuda mentioned in the video, here are a few theories that I thought of:

The castle building across from Santalune City is based on the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvičre from Lyon
    The building with the clock tower/tree thing is based on Reims
    Vanville Town is based on Čze
    The building right above it is either based on Versailles Palace or the chateau of the loire valley
    Doesn't really make sense for Vaniville Town to be Eze, as that is on France's southern coast and there is no water near Vaniville Town. But if that is true, then Marseilles would be somewhere in the clouds at the bottom of the map. I'm hoping not, though, as I'd love to see a nice southern expansion of Kalos for the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    But Kalos is pretty much the same shape as all of France, not just the top part of it. GF wouldn't be able to fit every single major city from France into this game.
    Take another look at a map of France, then, because it doesn't. The southern half of France is unrepresented.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 8th July 2013 at 6:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Doesn't really make sense for Vaniville Town to be Eze, as that is on France's southern coast and there is no water near Vaniville Town. But if that is true, then Marseilles would be somewhere in the clouds at the bottom of the map. I'm hoping not, though, as I'd love to see a nice southern expansion of Kalos for the next game.
    Marseilles would actually be quite interesting imo. Hopefully we see a representation of it when we reach Coastal Kalos.
    However, looking back at the Masuda footage, he didn't mention Marseilles being referenced, but rather a place they visited and considered.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

Take another look at a map of France, then, because it doesn't. The southern half of France is unrepresented.
    Well it's still obviously squashed down, If they expand in another game thats fine, but not all the towns and cities are supposed to be in exactly the same place as they would be in France.

The region is based on France, it's not actually France nor is it just the Pokemon version of France. As GF expressed Kalos is a GF creation. They can do what they want, if they don't want Marsaille in there, then thats fine.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Something about kalos they could have pulled out would be the the iberic peninsula in the southwestern part although i know they didn't gather info on that but since carnac is included referencing the UK in a small part they could have done the same with spain and portugal. If kalos was based on the whole europe (which it wasn't) there could be some sort of desert part (maybe the the place where the lab is located is already that, hmm, interesting) and a coast part representing the coast of portugal (oh, look, there's a coast to the west, cool!) and some islands you could access by boat like the canary islands, azores and madeira (that would be sooooo awesome!). Thinking about it, maybe they did put some small part of the iberic peninsula in the map, even if in a generic style. Loving the region even more now!
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Hey,if u check the picture where the trainer is sitting on the bench u can see a Gym in the background.Is it Viola's Gym?

NOTHING STOPS THIS TRAIN!

My 3DS Friend Code:

1693-1118-6670

i don't do battles, only trades :3
    and if you have some non-competitive shinies and want some non-competitive shinies just PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChespinFTW View Post
    Hey,if u check the picture where the trainer is sitting on the bench u can see a Gym in the background.Is it Viola's Gym?
    Yes. As pointed out back then, it is hers.

I'm kind of hoping we get a city based on Italy a little bit, along with some Ruins from Rome...

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I'm kind of hoping we get a city based on Italy a little bit, along with some Ruins from Rome...
    that would be awesome

NOTHING STOPS THIS TRAIN!

My 3DS Friend Code:

1693-1118-6670

i don't do battles, only trades :3
    and if you have some non-competitive shinies and want some non-competitive shinies just PM.

I really hope somewhere in Kalos are ruins of sorts where Unown inhabit, I always thought it was a fun little sidequest. Or maybe a "Flabébé Field" where you can encounter a variety of Flabébé in different flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    I really hope somewhere in Kalos are ruins of sorts where Unown inhabit, I always thought it was a fun little sidequest. Or maybe a "Flabébé Field" where you can encounter a variety of Flabébé in different flowers.
    Maybe near the Carnac Stone area has some special Pokemon like Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    I agree. Collecting Unown is a bit of fun, especially if you get something in return.
    Actually, I think we might get one in Kalos. Just a gut feel.

Or maybe because there are no other means of obtaining them unless you transfer from Gen 4, which is still questionable.

I hope that they spread out the features in the game to various locations in the region, like I didn't like how in Unova as of b2w2 that I spend most of my time either in Nimbassa or Driftveil city ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by greenboot1228 View Post
    I hope that they spread out the features in the game to various locations in the region, like I didn't like how in Unova as of b2w2 that I spend most of my time either in Nimbassa or Driftveil city ya know?
    Yeah. I do hope most cities have things to do. I hate spending time in certain places.

I agree and disagree.

While it is nice to have facilities scattered about to make you explore the region a lot more often, having most of them in a single area provides convenience.

Yeah I hope the same and beside that I hope certain "not so interesting" cities and towns will get a revamp ones you complete the leaugue, so beside a battle facility or an other small post-league stuff we normally get, we also get some other side stuff to make the whole region usable
    Last edited by JW1004; 11th July 2013 at 9:14 AM.

So has anyone guessed where the area with magma is (you can tell that in the screenshot with Serena and Team Flair there is magma nearby due to the rocks)? Is it in the desert area or is their gonna be a volcano somewhere?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I would love to see a City based on Madraid in Spain..it would be so freaking perfect..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So has anyone guessed where the area with magma is (you can tell that in the screenshot with Serena and Team Flair there is magma nearby due to the rocks)? Is it in the desert area or is their gonna be a volcano somewhere?
    I'm guessing the volcano area is a cave.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm guessing the volcano area is a cave.
    Here's something interesting from the new screenshots.

Wherever it is, why are there green crystals in the background?

I'm guessing this is the first appearance of Team Flare, which would mean this shows up early. Where on the map could that be, though? I'm thinking either the northern route or the southwestern route (not up from Vaniville).

Page 218 of 314 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast