Page 26 of 314 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    Question, how do we know its based on France? Sure the trailer showed some areas that kinda resembled France but have the creators said they used France as inspiration and have the other regions been based off of certain places?
    All the regions are based on a certain place. Kanto is obviously Kanto, Johto is Kansai, Hoenn is Kyushu, Sinnoh is Hokkaido and Unova is New York.

We assume it's France because pretty much everything until now either screams France or is based on some specific recognizable area from France.
    (and Pikachu was on top of the real-life Eiffel Tower at the beginning of the announcement, and Masuda visited France recently just like he visited NY before BW)
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 12th January 2013 at 9:49 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Question, how do we know its based on France? Sure the trailer showed some areas that kinda resembled France but have the creators said they used France as inspiration and have the other regions been based off of certain places?
    actually the first four regions were based on parts of Japan and Unova was based on New York .....
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

I dont think the "creators" have said anything but there is bits in the trailer that point more to France than say other places. Like the Eiffel Tower and Versailles bits. I think they might have based landmarks on parts of this new lot but there is no actual ITS FRANCE from the guys at pokemon

Push da button

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    All the regions are based on a certain place. Kanto is obviously Kanto, Johto is Kansai, Hoenn is Kyushu, Sinnoh is Hokkaido and Unova is New York.

We assume it's France because pretty much everything until now either screams France or is based on some specific recognizable area from France.
    (and Pikachu was on top of the real-life Eiffel Tower at the beginning of the announcement, and Masuda visited France recently just like he visited NY before BW)
    Ok I see now. I had no idea about those places in Japan and I can definitely see NY in Unova. Also watched the video again and saw Pikachu on the tower and everything else points to it so I guess it only makes since to assume France.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

There's the flowery country side as well, now my question is, what else can we infer from this? I mean there's some pokemon that are obviously influenced by New York's appearance and region, the garbage bag pokemon for example (New York is full of'em) there's bound to be a few animals/motifs from around Fance that will work into the pokemon. and Generally the best way to judge future occurrences is by past occurrences I'm thinking that this game will focus on France, specifically the region around Paris. Which means they're probably going to include the English channel (next region? 0.0 ) I'm thinking because France doesn't consist completely of mountainous regions (mainly rolling hills and flat plains, though they do have Alps and arid regions) this regions going to be generally flat, but you know GameFreak's going to incorporate some caves in there somewhere! I'm thinking catacombs is one, and another... well anyone's guess I'm thinking a slightly flatter region over all, but I still want to know a few themes for the caves

Hey fellas, I found this at 4chan.

Spoiler:- Seems legit:

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post

What do you guys think?
    No one thought the region was solely based on England, anyway, so that image is pretty much moot.

Real life France has many ties with Africa....I wonder if that'll come into account at all..

Also, I would like it if the people an places had more...character. Also, more culture. It'd be nice if the games felt a bit deeper.

| tumblr. | dA |

I'm not feeling the region at the moment. The city that seems to be based on Paris looks neat, but the desert looks really strange, like something from Pokemon Colosseum. It just doesn't look like something you'd see in the handheld games. The forest itself looks generic; the graphics made it look interesting at first glance, but then you remember that all forests in Pokemon tend to look alike anyway. Oh well, maybe there will be tons of water areas like in Hoenn. That would be swell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm not feeling the region at the moment. The city that seems to be based on Paris looks neat, but the desert looks really strange, like something from Pokemon Colosseum. It just doesn't look like something you'd see in the handheld games. The forest itself looks generic; the graphics made it look interesting at first glance, but then you remember that all forests in Pokemon tend to look alike anyway. Oh well, maybe there will be tons of water areas like in Hoenn. That would be swell.
    Almost everything we've seen of the region so far looks strange and out of place for a main-series Pokemon game, imo. Same with the PCs and NPCs. I'm feeling very apprehensive.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

What do you guys think?
    Basically what I, Azran Flame and some others have been saying all the time.

Every remarkable landscape we've seen from this new region can be traced back to France, which is the country GameFreak visited recently.

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    thats weird. I thought that was the Tokyo Tower... nya~
    The Tokyo Tower is a rip-off of the Eiffel Tower, after all (but honestly, I'm surprised you thought of that before this).

Every remarkable landscape we've seen from this new region can be traced back to France, which is the country GameFreak visited recently.
    Random thought: I wonder how much that trip cost? I mean, they probably stayed there longer than for just a few days, if they really wanted to get a feel of the country.

quite honestly after seeing the trailer(again and again im drooling over the new games happens to me everytime) i ope they can somehow add a tropical rainforest in there cause that is one feature i would love to see in the main series.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    quite honestly after seeing the trailer(again and again im drooling over the new games happens to me everytime) i ope they can somehow add a tropical rainforest in there cause that is one feature i would love to see in the main series.
    A tropical rainforest. In France.

Well, it's not totally impossible, but... still...

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    A tropical rainforest. In France.

Well, it's not totally impossible, but... still...
    Just because it's based on France, doesn't mean it has to be exactly France. I mean is there a desert smack dab in the Downtown Manhattan? No. Or mountains in Queens/New Jersey? No.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Just because it's based on France, doesn't mean it has to be exactly France. I mean is there a desert smack dab in the Downtown Manhattan? No. Or mountains in Queens/New Jersey? No.
    I know, it's just not that probable or likely. In my opinion they should have had one in Hoenn, it would've fitted the climate perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    The Tokyo Tower is a rip-off of the Eiffel Tower, after all (but honestly, I'm surprised you thought of that before this).
    Not my fault coz I hardly see non-japanese relating stuff on PKMN so i thought it was Tokyo Tower at first until these peeps in facebook said it was, nya~

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    Not my fault coz I hardly see non-japanese relating stuff on PKMN so i thought it was Tokyo Tower at first until these peeps in facebook said it was, nya~
    But the last Japanese-based region was Sinnoh. Unova was based on New York, they're going for other countries as basis.

But the last Japanese-based region was Sinnoh. Unova was based on New York, they're going for other countries as basis.
    I don't think they really had much of choice though. Kanto was on eastern japan, and Johto based on the western part. Hoenn Based on the southern island of japan, and Sinnoh based on the northern land mass to the north.
    Regardless of this fact, I love that theyre moving to new parts of the world. Anybody else notice how Hilda of B/W dresses a lot like the 'teeny-boppers' of america! (*luts!) ROFL Anyways, I'm really excited for this European version of pokemon, maybe this will boost UK sales, seeing as they didn't do to well with the release of B2/W2

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I'm really excited for this European version of pokemon, maybe this will boost UK sales, seeing as they didn't do to well with the release of B2/W2
    I think we can blame FIFA 13 for that.

What do you guys think?
    I don't know if I'd laugh or cry if we thought it was something and it wasn't like the region of all things we should now. WHY MUT YOU MAKE ME QUESTION EVERYTHING. T-T

found this on tumblr... i doubt we will get this but whoever came up with this is very creative. This is just for conversation/speculation.

"Like contests, musicals and movies, X and Y would have Pokemon Stadium: Live! as its alternative to normal Pokemon battling.

Pokemon Stadium: Live! would be a televised, semi-scripted Pokemon battling tournament with a live audience and spectators that react to your move choices.

In order to actually progress, however, you must ensure that you “keep the battle fresh” for the audience - do not use the same moves twice in a row (excluding rollout, thrash e.t.c.) and landing super-effective hits will increase something like ‘T.V. ratings’ or ‘audience excitement’.

Sometimes, gym leaders from around the region may show up at Pokemon Stadium: Live! to challenge you, and beating them would increase (if used) T.V. ratings for the next battles starring you and your Pokemon.

Also, your Pokemon may become “fan favorites” if you use them enough times."

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    found this on tumblr... i doubt we will get this but whoever came up with this is very creative. This is just for conversation/speculation.

"Like contests, musicals and movies, X and Y would have Pokemon Stadium: Live! as its alternative to normal Pokemon battling.

Pokemon Stadium: Live! would be a televised, semi-scripted Pokemon battling tournament with a live audience and spectators that react to your move choices.

In order to actually progress, however, you must ensure that you “keep the battle fresh” for the audience - do not use the same moves twice in a row (excluding rollout, thrash e.t.c.) and landing super-effective hits will increase something like ‘T.V. ratings’ or ‘audience excitement’.

Sometimes, gym leaders from around the region may show up at Pokemon Stadium: Live! to challenge you, and beating them would increase (if used) T.V. ratings for the next battles starring you and your Pokemon.

Also, your Pokemon may become “fan favorites” if you use them enough times."
    Sounds like they just fused Pokestar Studios and PWT.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Sounds like they just fused Pokestar Studios and PWT.
    Yeah it does sound a lot like a hybrid of the two, but sounds somewhat appealing. Thoug I think gamefreak
    Has much better in store.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Page 26 of 314 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast