Page 27 of 314 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Regardless of this fact, I love that theyre moving to new parts of the world. Anybody else notice how Hilda of B/W dresses a lot like the 'teeny-boppers' of america! (*luts!)
    Not cool...

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybiscuit View Post
    OMg yes! I'd love one to be based on Aus!! Grass starter would be a Koala or Wombat, fire - kangaroo and water platypus. Not that I'm trying to go off topic here. I just like that idea lol :P
    No way, the kanga wouldn't cut it as a fire starter, I'm thinking dingo, cause those things are vicious, but that being said, a kangaroo jumped my mates fence and tore through his backyard (he lives right next to a national park)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    found this on tumblr... i doubt we will get this but whoever came up with this is very creative. This is just for conversation/speculation.

"Like contests, musicals and movies, X and Y would have Pokemon Stadium: Live! as its alternative to normal Pokemon battling.

Pokemon Stadium: Live! would be a televised, semi-scripted Pokemon battling tournament with a live audience and spectators that react to your move choices.

In order to actually progress, however, you must ensure that you “keep the battle fresh” for the audience - do not use the same moves twice in a row (excluding rollout, thrash e.t.c.) and landing super-effective hits will increase something like ‘T.V. ratings’ or ‘audience excitement’.

Sometimes, gym leaders from around the region may show up at Pokemon Stadium: Live! to challenge you, and beating them would increase (if used) T.V. ratings for the next battles starring you and your Pokemon.

Also, your Pokemon may become “fan favorites” if you use them enough times."
    That actually sounds pretty interesting! It's like contests and Pokéstar studios united and made something bigger! (I think it sounds more like contests than PWT...)
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    No way, the kanga wouldn't cut it as a fire starter, I'm thinking dingo, cause those things are vicious, but that being said, a kangaroo jumped my mates fence and tore through his backyard (he lives right next to a national park)
    So then would you say a kangaroo would be a good fighting type? Maybe a fighting/normal to keep it unique? I can definatley see it start out as Normal type wallaby and then evolve into a Normal/Fighting type Kangaroo with boxing gloves and act kind of steamed and pumped.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

So then would you say a kangaroo would be a good fighting type? Maybe a fighting/normal to keep it unique? I can definatley see it start out as Normal type wallaby and then evolve into a Normal/Fighting type Kangaroo with boxing gloves and act kind of steamed and pumped.
    Wallabys arent the same as kangaroos, their two different animals, that happen to look similar, like crocodiles and alligators. Yeah, I'd say fighting/ground, since they tend to live out in the bush and deserts. Anyway, back to topic, I don't think we'll see a lot of France in this region, maybe a hint here and there, much like how Unova only have one city based on NY

Wallabys arent the same as kangaroos, their two different animals, that happen to look similar, like crocodiles and alligators. Yeah, I'd say fighting/ground, since they tend to live out in the bush and deserts. Anyway, back to topic, I don't think we'll see a lot of France in this region, maybe a hint here and there, much like how Unova only have one city based on NY
    Wallabys are marsupials which is why I thought it was appropriate. And nowhere did I say that they were related.
    Secondly Magikarp is a fish not dragon, yet it evolves into one. Carvanha is a paranha, yet it evolves into a shark. Clamperl is anOyster/Clam yet evolves into an eel. Execute is a bunch of eggs and later evolves into a PALM TREE!?
    I'm pretty sure my idea of a Wallaby evolving into a Kangaroo isn't too farfetched of an idea in the pokemon world.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Wallabys are marsupials which is why I thought it was appropriate. And nowhere did I say that they were related.
    Secondly Magikarp is a fish not dragon, yet it evolves into one. Carvanha is a paranha, yet it evolves into a shark. Clamperl is anOyster/Clam yet evolves into an eel. Execute is a bunch of eggs and later evolves into a PALM TREE!?
    I'm pretty sure my idea of a Wallaby evolving into a Kangaroo isn't too farfetched of an idea in the pokemon world.
    Well, technically, Magikarp evolving into a dragon is a reference to a Japanese myth, and I think some Pokedex entries say that Exeggcute are actually seeds, not eggs... But I've got nothing to explain those other ones.
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Fair point, good to see you didnt mention the obvious remoraid evolving into octillery
    I'd much prefer having a tiny joey evolve into a real life full sized kangaroo and then have a giant fighting kangaroo (giant kangaroos being a bush myth)

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    Well, technically, Magikarp evolving into a dragon is a reference to a Japanese myth, and I think some Pokedex entries say that Exeggcute are actually seeds, not eggs... But I've got nothing to explain those other ones.
    You don't have to justify your arguement. I just don't understand what that rant about Wallabys not being Kangaroos was suppose disprove??
    The only reason why I even mentioned wallabys was to give the Idea of a Kangaroo Pokemon a bit of a concept.

Here are some population and area sizes I nabbed from Wikipedia.

Kanto District/Japan
    People-42,607,375
    Area-32,423 squared km

France
    People-65,350,000
    Area-674,843 squared km

Île-de-France (Paris containing region)
    People- 11,729,613
    Area- 12,012 squared km

Based on estimates, I wouldn't say that the region will be all of France, but Île-de-France will be included as a quarter size of the region.

If I was to wildly guess what the region would be called, I would say Frania.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

You don't have to justify your arguement. I just don't understand what that rant about Wallabys not being Kangaroos was suppose disprove??
    The only reason why I even mentioned wallabys was to give the Idea of a Kangaroo Pokemon a bit of a concept.
    it wasnt a rant, relax ya flaps.

On topic: I'd like to see more mention of the theme the legendaries are based on, throughout the region.
    http://kotaku.com/5975396/this-nerdy...ium=Socialflow

it wasnt a rant, relax ya flaps.

On topic: I'd like to see more mention of the theme the legendaries are based on, throughout the region.
    http://kotaku.com/5975396/this-nerdy...ium=Socialflow
    I'm sure we'll see something of the sorts in the evil team's desires.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

right now, I just want to know the NAME of the reigon
    The King of Kalos returns to his Home:Honen #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by comic321 View Post
    I'm guessing we'll get that sometime before/during March. Probably in CoroCoro or Smash. It'll probably be something French sounding, judging on what we've seen of the region so far.
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by comic321 View Post
    Omg IKR. I feel it will be elegant but short. Well I don't feel I just had an idea lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I'm guessing we'll get that sometime before/during March. Probably in CoroCoro or Smash. It'll probably be something French sounding, judging on what we've seen of the region so far.
    I dunno, Unova didn't really strike me as american, seemed latin. I think we'll get a reference to france or paris in it, but i've got my money on the name not sounding french at all

I dunno, Unova didn't really strike me as american, seemed latin. I think we'll get a reference to france or paris in it, but i've got my money on the name not sounding french at all
    How do they come up with the names of regions anyways. I know kanto is based on the real life kanto region in japan.

The connection I made was Unova - United (States of America). Probably not even how it's meant to go, but my brain went there lol.
    Last edited by Riskybiscuit; 13th January 2013 at 6:23 AM.

Yeah, you're right about Unova. That doesn't sound too American.

How do they come up with the names of regions anyways. I know kanto is based on the real life kanto region in japan.
    Honestly after Kanto, I have know idea how they though of those names, but after a while they kind of just fit with the region for me.
    Pokégyms

I found a link that explains a Regions name:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_regions

So with the meanings this site has for each Region name - I imagine this new regions name would be just as hard to see how the name relates and reflects the concept of this region.

I remember looking them up once, and I think Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh come from Japanese words, while Unova comes from Latin (or it's English name did, it's Japanese name has similar origins to the other three). I can't remember what they mean though...

EDIT: ninja'd, and with meanings too! :P
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    I remember looking them up once, and I think Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh come from Japanese words, while Unova comes from Latin (or it's English name did, it's Japanese name has similar origins to the other three). I can't remember what they mean though...

EDIT: ninja'd, and with meanings too! :P
    If you look at the link it explains it all. Johto means "castle palace" Hoenn means "deep friendships between humans and pokemon" Sinnoh means "god within" and Unova means "..." it was too long for me to remember but you get the jist of it. Look it up under the link that I posted earlier.

I really wish we could go to the Sevii Islands in Gen 6. We haven't seen it since Gen 3. Imo they should have put it HG/SS.
    Also I would like to see some of the spin-off regions as well, like Orre,Fiore,etc as I haven't played these games and would like to see these regions. And for god sake, I want to Orange Islands in a game, where did that go !

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I really wish we could go to the Sevii Islands in Gen 6. We haven't seen it since Gen 3. Imo they should have put it HG/SS.
    Also I would like to see some of the spin-off regions as well, like Orre,Fiore,etc as I haven't played these games and would like to see these regions. And for god sake, I want to Orange Islands in a game, where did that go !

That would be interesting, I mean to see Orre,and Fiore..but IMO I feel like that won't happen this gen....idk just a feeling....

How many cities and town do you think his region would have?

Kanto and Johto has 10.
    Hoenn has 16.
    Sinnoh has 14.
    Unova has 19/20/21 if you include White Forest and Black City.

I am guessing there will be 22 since more stuff can be squeezed in.

Page 27 of 314 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast