Page 29 of 314 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Hopefully the region will take inspiration from both Europe/France and norse mythology. There could be nine plot-central cities or areas based on the nine lands or realms or whatever of yggdrasil. Obviously if it was all stylised to look european then that would be awesome. The pokemon league could be based on Asgard?

Hopefully they'll do something different with Victory Road, too. Make it a forest or a maze or something like the grand canyon with tons of pillars. Just not another cave.

If the region is based on the whole of Europe and the league being based on Asgard I would imagine it being somewhere in Scandinavia. As for Victory Road I would love it to be a fjord ( as there is a lot of fjords in Norway). You would have to walk on the top of the fjord, on the sides down to the water, and finally surf at the bottom of the fjord. The league will be placed at the end of the fjord. I imagine you surfing along the fjord quite a distance just looking at the scenery before you arrive at the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    I imagine you surfing along the fjord quite a distance just looking at the scenery before you arrive at the league.
    Only to be rudely interrupted by the appearance of yet another Tentacruel... yes...

I think if we get little towns they should have some side-quest thing that doesn't involve the main-story, like helping NPC's. Like when you helped the farmers find their Pokemon that got lost, but not involve the plot line. It would be good to raise you Pokemon's level before the next Gym, give you a little break, and make the game not seem so...lonely.

It wouldn't be mandatory, like you can still just run through the town and not worry about it if you want to do a speed run or just get on with the story, but I always like options I guess.

Kind of like traditional RPG with Quest and stuff, but they are centered around the town and stuff.
    #BuyUltraviolance

OMG whoever said the idea about a maze that would be great.

I think the name of the region will be something like Eurepo region, or a name related to the France (Eiffo region).
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 15th January 2013 at 12:59 AM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I hope there's more small towns and villages than large cities like there was in Unova, firstly just because it would be a nice change to the very urbanized regions there's been lately and also because I would rather have multiple small towns that each have their own sub plots than have a few cities that try to fit everything into one area.

I'm hoping France isn't the only place that is in the new region, love to see places based on London, Rome, Ireland, Switzerland, Norway. (I'd say Venice, Barcelona & Greece but they were already featured in the 5th, 10th & 12th movies respectively)
    Official Protag Namefor Gen VI
    ♂ Protag: Xavier
    ♀ Protag: Yvonne

I support Emerald & FR/LG remakes over Ruby & Sapphire remakes!!!

I support Wallace/Steven combo for RSE remakes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SketchFox7 View Post
    I'm hoping France isn't the only place that is in the new region, love to see places based on London, Rome, Ireland, Switzerland, Norway. (I'd say Venice, Barcelona & Greece but they were already featured in the 5th, 10th & 12th movies respectively)
    //facepalm//

So you'd rather see them all in one region than in their own, separate, in-depth regions?

The only thing that ever annoyed me about the small, useless towns was that there would be a Pokemon Center, Poke Mart, and maybe two houses... But there were apparently 20 people living there? Where do you all live!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanthehuman View Post
    Hopefully they'll do something different with Victory Road, too. Make it a forest or a maze or something like the grand canyon with tons of pillars. Just not another cave.
    This. One thing I really liked about BW2 was that the Victory Road, while still having lots of caves, also included a valley, some ruins, a (tiny) forest, and some cliffside areas. No more bland caves!
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    The only thing that ever annoyed me about the small, useless towns was that there would be a Pokemon Center, Poke Mart, and maybe two houses... But there were apparently 20 people living there? Where do you all live!?!
    All small towns have secret underground megacities beneath them. That's where the people live.

To be honest though, I don't really mind the small towns. They help fill out the region.
    Last edited by Endolise; 13th January 2013 at 6:51 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    All small towns have secret underground megacities beneath them. That's where the people live.

To be honest though, I don't really mind the small towns. They help fill out the region.
    I don't mind them either. They make it seem a little longer, and I guess the basic towns are necessary for people who are new to the games.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

This. One thing I really liked about BW2 was that the Victory Road, while still having lots of caves, also included a valley, some ruins, a (tiny) forest, and some cliffside areas. No more bland caves!
    Same here. Not to mention, you can extensively explore the place, too. Finding all the hidden trainers was pretty fun (though I did end up accidentally returning to the beginning once).

That's funny! Sort like idk..?? Iccirus!? I never go there! Only to sell ores to the maniac and that's it. I think even white forest has more inhabitants that poor (usually rainy or snowy) isolated town.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    That's funny! Sort like idk..?? Iccirus!? I never go there! Only to sell ores to the maniac and that's it. I think even white forest has more inhabitants that poor (usually rainy or snowy) isolated town.
    It has a Gym, though. And it's near Dragonspiral Tower.

I don't know why, but I really want another Rock-type gym for the first gym. Probably just my nostalgia, though...
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    I don't know why, but I really want another Rock-type gym for the first gym. Probably just my nostalgia, though...
    It's not completely out of the question. There have only been three Rock-Type Gyms so far. However, as all of them have been first gyms... Maybe as a later Gym, but I'd seriously facepalm myself if they had another one as the first gym.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanthehuman View Post
    Hopefully the region will take inspiration from both Europe/France and norse mythology. There could be nine plot-central cities or areas based on the nine lands or realms or whatever of yggdrasil. Obviously if it was all stylised to look european then that would be awesome. The pokemon league could be based on Asgard?

A maze would be very cool for victory road. I imagine a lot of funny quotes like, "I can't find my way out! I'm so scared." Coming from ace trainers or maybe even a youngster that's way in over his head.lol

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Quote Originally Posted by X&Y View Post
    I hope there's more small towns and villages than large cities like there was in Unova, firstly just because it would be a nice change to the very urbanized regions there's been lately and also because I would rather have multiple small towns that each have their own sub plots than have a few cities that try to fit everything into one area.
    I don't know, I like big towns, where you can explore the area more and talk to npc.

Thirded. I loved how BW2's Victory Road was a mix of different environments, that's very fitting for the final stretch of the game. Now if only the distribution had been as varied as well, imagine if every single area had about 5-6 Pokemon completely unique to that section of Victory Road , then it'd really feel like a true final challenge before the Pokemon League.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Thirded. I loved how BW2's Victory Road was a mix of different environments, that's very fitting for the final stretch of the game. Now if only the distribution had been as varied as well, imagine if every single area had about 5-6 Pokemon completely unique to that section of Victory Road , then it'd really feel like a true final challenge before the Pokemon League.
    It would feel more like a minature Unova than a real Victory Road if they did that, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    I don't know, I like big towns, where you can explore the area more and talk to npc.
    I agree. Especially since Unova was based in the US (more specifically NY)
    I feel like big cities was the way to go. Plus as someone who lives in a very Urbanized area, personally I like the huge cities in fact some of my most faveorite cities in pokemon have the largest populations.
    Castelia, and Goldenrod City to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    It would feel more like a minature Unova than a real Victory Road if they did that, if you ask me.
    Which is kind of the point. A final challenge before the Pokemon League that incorporates a little bit of everything you've seen throughout the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I agree. Especially since Unova was based in the US (more specifically NY)
    I feel like big cities was the way to go. Plus as someone who lives in a very Urbanized area, personally I like the huge cities in fact some of my most faveorite cities in pokemon have the largest populations.
    Castelia, and Goldenrod City to name a few.
    Thank You.

I would love to see another city like Castelia, there was so much to see and do there. I don't think there's a city like that in France they could use as inspiration though but who knows. Maybe they'll add one still. Unova had a desert and New york does not have a desert. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Thank You.

I would love to see another city like Castelia, there was so much to see and do there. I don't think there's a city like that in France they could use as inspiration though but who knows. Maybe they'll add one still. Unova had a desert and New york does not have a desert. >.<
    Speaking of desserts, I wonder wha they'll incorporate for the dessert this time around.
    Maybe a donut style type of Croissant or baget or something????

Page 29 of 314 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast